Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
Lets make Hexane Hash!! **COMPLETED**
    #65921 - 06/25/08 03:05 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

If you like smoking honey oil but hate dealing with butane, then this method might work out for you!  It's relatively cheap, all materials can be found at local retailers, and it leaves you with a product that's just as good (or better) then butane extracted oil!

Materials Needed:

1 Mason jar (the more trim/buds you use the bigger the jar)
No Residue Electrical Contact Cleaner
Coffee Filters or Filter Paper
Glass Baking Pan or Glass Bowl

This is the electrical contact cleaner i used.  This is not the best brand! Be warned!  This product contains some ethanol which WILL LEACH OUT SOME CHLOROPHYLL!!  However, if you don't want to take the time to order this, you can pick up the QD cleaner at home depot or lowes (i think ace hardware has it as well) for 8$.  If you have a chemical supply store in your town you can always call and see if they stock it.  It's not illegal, requires no permits, and is not a watched chemical.  Just dress nice, pay in cash, and you should be fine.

Put the red straw in the nozzle, take your jar (i used a quart jar), and then press the straw against the side of the glass.  Spray the hexane into the jar until the can is empty.  Note: this sucks!  Takes about 2-3 mins to empty one can, your finger will get a bit tired holding the damn nozzle down.  One can gave me a little under a pint, which ended up being a little more then i needed for the trim i have.  I suggest filling the jar you want to use with your trim first to get a good look at how much hexane you will need.  If you want you can use two jars and empty the hexane in one and then pour it over the trim in the other jar.  This would probably work best for larger extractions. 

EDIT: A pint of hexane may seem small, but it's more then enough to handle a quart jar full of trim.  As long as you don't try and cram a 1/4 lb of trim into the jar, one can of cleaner is more then enough.  Once you start shaking and soak the material, it will settle down a bit and that full jar might settle to about a 1/4 of a jar.  Either way, as long as there's a way for the hexane to swirl and come in contact with the trim, you'll get a nice efficient pull.

This is the jar with one can emptied into it. Once in the mason jar, dont seal the lid right away, make sure all the tetrafluoroethane has evaporated before sealing the lid tight. (try sealing the lid tight, shaking violently, release the pressure built up and repeat until there is no pressure release after the shaking)

Once your jar is filled with hexane, take your trim/bud and toss it in.  Can't tell you how much i used because i didn't weigh it.  But the old rule still applies, the more you put in the more you get out.  Hexane is like butane in the sense that it will leave you with a very pure product.  So, your final yields will be small compared to something like a water extraction or an ISO extraction.  Also note that if you do use the QD cleaner the final product will not be as pure because of the chlorophyll.  It will produce a black oil instead of the light, tan/brown oil.

Now i have to let the jar sit for 8-12 hours.  I put the trim in around 2:30 so 10:30 my time i'll post back with the rest of the pics.  Hopefully i'll have it evaporated tonight so i can get a pic of the oil.

(I changed this up a bit, see the final post in the tek)

--------------------

MFDoom666: sobriety kills my buzz every time.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblecaptain.koons
Failed Botanist
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Lets make Hexane Hash!! [Re: coda]
    #65949 - 06/25/08 03:48 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

claiming something will work just as well as BHO is a big claim.

butane converts inactive alkloids into active ones.

--

i'm also unsure as to what the final product tastes like but you can water cure your weed for a week to remove most of the chlorophyll but a lot of the flavor will be lost also.

--------------------

TROLLS NEED LOVE TOO!

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Lets make Hexane Hash!! [Re: captain.koons]
    #65968 - 06/25/08 04:02 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Butane also extracts THC only, other active alkaloids are left behind which hexane picks up.  It's also not a claim, hexane works just as well if not better then butane.

If you can, please link me to where you read about butane converting inactives into actives.

--------------------

Invisiblecaptain.koons
Failed Botanist
Trusted Cultivator
    #65973 - 06/25/08 04:14 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

I believe it was discussed by some chemistry dudes on the topic of making budder.

I think it was on the OG or ICmag site. No idea really.

Prehaps refering to the Merck Index or Erowid would answer this question.

--------------------

TROLLS NEED LOVE TOO!

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #65978 - 06/25/08 04:18 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

I believe it was discussed by some chemistry dudes on the topic of making budder.

Yah, i know what you're talking about.  It's all talk though, there's no solid proof that it actually converts the alkaloids.  A lot of people don't think budder is anything more then really potent oil that's been whipped.  Never saw the stuff in person, so i can't really comment.

--------------------

Invisiblecaptain.koons
Failed Botanist
Trusted Cultivator
    #65980 - 06/25/08 04:22 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

I believe at the time I read this information there was referancing to the Merck Index which is basically a pharmacology encyclopedia. I could be wrong.. no sense arguing :smile:

--------------------

TROLLS NEED LOVE TOO!

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #66254 - 06/25/08 11:08 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

ok, the whole process is finished.  Here is the rest of the writeup.

this is the jar after 8 hrs of soaking.  I shook it occasionally, but it sat still for the most part.  It turned the hexane a nice light green/yellow.

I thought this would be a great and simple solution to straining the hexane.  However the filter clogged up because of the trim.  I managed to get 1/2 of the jar out before it wouldn't drip out.

I flipped the jar over, carefully removed the jar ring, then stuck the filter in a small, hand held pasta strainer.  The mesh was big enough to catch any big pieces of trim if some splashed out.  This method worked better, but the last little bit took forever to drain out.  I took the trim out and dumped it on the filter paper and tried to squeeze the last bit out.  Bad idea.  Not much came out, and what little did drip down ended up mostly on my hand.  It's not going to instantly fuck you up like a strong acid will, but it is a skin and eye irritant.  I definitely suggest against squeezing it.  If you want to get more out do another pull with solvent.

this is the finished result of straining.  Nice, pale, yellow.  I knew at this point i wasn't going to get much, but at least what i was getting would be good.

Here's the hash!  I took a pan that was a similar size as the one with the hexane.  Then i filled the pan with steaming hot water and placed the hexane pan on top of it.  Put the pans in front of an open window, plugged in a fan around 5-6 ft away (in case of sparks from the motor) and pointed it to blow across the dish.  30 mins later the hexane had evaporated.  I took the pan into the kitchen and put it on a burner on med-hi until i could smell the distinct smell of vapor floating up.  It probably got a little too hot, but im confident there is no solvent left over in the hash.  Note: Hexane is flammable, it's easier to work with then butane, but you still need to watch out for sparks and such.  Don't smoke around it either, make sure your glass is pyrex before placing it on the stove burner, and don't leave it on the stove for more then a minute or two.

Scraped a match head size amount and put it on top of a bong hits worth of weed.  I am officially baked out of my gourd :laugh:  the quality is definitely equal to butane oil.  I estimate i pulled about .3 - .5  Not surprising considering the amount of trim i used.  I really wasn't expecting much, just wanted to try out this method myself to see how easy it is.  I'll definitely do it in the future, albeit with larger amounts of trim, because it's hassle free and relatively cheap.

*EDIT*

After making Hexane oil a few times I can now safely say that the 8-12 hour sit time is way overkill.  I now just constantly shake and swirl the jar for 20-30 minutes before straining and evaporating.  So you may skip the long waiting period and still pull great yields.  Obviously the more you use the better your yield

Some results from a recent run of oil with a 20 minute shake

--------------------

InvisibleLaysthepipe
Vivi Sex Symbol
 User Gallery

Loc: KOREA
    #67168 - 06/26/08 11:03 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

So when you make hash (by doing extractions), does it always come out like a resin ball? Wouldnt that be a pain to store/handle compared to pressed kief?

--------------------
:advisory:

“If you want to find out who your real friends are, sink the ship. The first ones to jump aren’t your friends.” — Marilyn Manson

This isn't the correct place to confront me on anything.

Forum full of dead stars, and a necro I called Coma White

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Lets make Hexane Hash!! [Re: Laysthepipe]
    #67214 - 06/26/08 11:44 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

yes, oil is a pain to handle compared to dry kief.  However, it's much more potent.  There are several thing to do to make handling the oil easy.  Freezing it is one way, using a method like hanky does in his acetone thread is another.

--------------------

InvisibleLaysthepipe
Vivi Sex Symbol
 User Gallery

#67232 - 06/27/08 12:12 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

coda said:
yes, oil is a pain to handle compared to dry kief.  However, it's much more potent.  There are several thing to do to make handling the oil easy.  Freezing it is one way, using a method like hanky does in his acetone thread is another.

Yea hankys way looked pretty good.

--------------------

“If you want to find out who your real friends are, sink the ship. The first ones to jump aren’t your friends.” — Marilyn Manson

Invisiblecaptain.koons
Failed Botanist
Trusted Cultivator
    #67233 - 06/27/08 12:15 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

25% yield via hanky's tek is mean too.

I wonder how butane, iso, hexane, ether, acetone compare in yield.

--------------------

TROLLS NEED LOVE TOO!

InvisibleLaysthepipe
Vivi Sex Symbol
 User Gallery

#67235 - 06/27/08 12:17 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

captain.koons said:

Probably not too bad. We were talking about the way he makes the hash easier to handle.

Wasnt the hexane reusable?

--------------------

Invisiblecaptain.koons
Failed Botanist
Trusted Cultivator
    #67236 - 06/27/08 12:20 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

oh yeye working it in with kief.

I'm kinda barred out right now.

--------------------

TROLLS NEED LOVE TOO!

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #67422 - 06/27/08 11:38 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

actually that's pretty good if i'm reading what you wrote correctly.  If you put an oz in and get a 1/4 out that's pretty fucking sweet IMO.

Quote:

Wasnt the hexane reusable?

yes, the hexane CAN be reused.  However you have to build a basic distilling apparatus, so there's some work behind it.

Quote:

BHO, hexane, and acetone probably yield roughly the same.  The acetone may give you more compared to the others, and the BHO would probably yield a bit less.  But the amounts are probably so close to each other it's insignificant.  ISO will yield more because it's a less pure product.

--------------------

OfflineYrat
Happy Planting
 User Gallery

#67499 - 06/27/08 01:07 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

captain.koons said:

Quote:

captain.koons said: a big claim

please explain to me how an inert hydrocarbon can possibly react in any way with an "inactive" alkaloid.

coda, cool process, thanks for the photos!  but do u mind telling me WTF you had in that jar that requires the sticker seen in the second pic. :eek:

--------------------
"Prohibition will work great injury to the cause of temperance. It is a species of intemperance within itself, for it goes beyond the bounds of reason in that it attempts to control a man's appetite by legislation, and makes a crime out of things that are not crimes. A Prohibition law strikes a blow at the very principles upon which our government was founded." - Abraham Lincoln

"There are a thousand hacking at the branches of evil
to one who is striking at the root"
~ Henry D. Thoreau
Strike The Root
                                                                                      :gethigh:

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Lets make Hexane Hash!! [Re: Yrat]
    #67570 - 06/27/08 02:51 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

LOL!  I was hoping someone would notice that :laugh:

My girlfriend used to work for a pharmacy, she took a lot of those little prescription stickers you see on bottles about side effects.  That just happens to be my favorite one :laugh:  Hey, maybe in the end it'll keep peoples grubby hands outta my stash :wink:

--------------------

Invisiblecaptain.koons
Failed Botanist
Trusted Cultivator
    #67621 - 06/27/08 07:08 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

I noticed it I just thought I wouldn't ask :P

I'm going to call my pharmacy tech friend.. I want some now!

--------------------

TROLLS NEED LOVE TOO!

Invisiblestill beLIEve
State Property..Again
Male

Loc: a world thats not my own
    #71284 - 07/03/08 11:55 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

badass tek, so simple

ive never done an extraction but i feel pretty confident i could do this one

--------------------
niteowl said:
See, that term pedo gets thrown around a lot.
Is a 16 year old guy having sex w/a 16 year old girl a pedophile?
If not, then how is a 30 year old considered a pedophile for doing the same thing?
I think y'all need to look up the definition for pedophile.

OfflineEleutherios

Re: Lets make Hexane Hash!! **COMPLETED** [Re: coda]
    #78648 - 07/10/08 08:31 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

So after playing with coffee filters, you see why on the seventh day when, according to popular myth, God supposed to be resting, It really created the vacuum filter.

--------------------

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Lets make Hexane Hash!! **COMPLETED** [Re: Eleutherios]
    #78704 - 07/10/08 08:50 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

look, if you really want to make an elaborate setup to extract the hash, that's up to you.  This was all about simplicity.  Most people don't have, or want to, the tools to create a vacuum filtration setup. 

The coffee filters work fine, it just takes some patience.

--------------------

OfflineEleutherios

#78840 - 07/10/08 09:39 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

You can get them cheaper than you think. They are great for any sort of extraction. All you need is about a 500mL Erlenmeyer flask with a sidearm, a tube, stopper, ceramic funnel, and hand pump. A few places even make it a convenient package. At any rate there is nothing suspicious about it and it can be had easily for about $60. If lets say, the idea of not wasting trim alone is what you need it for, then it would save you so much time and hassle that its worth it. Plus maybe grow some morning glories and harvest, dry, and grind some nice immature seeds. Make a tincture. Your cool new vacuum filter proves handy. Got some dried cacti on your hands? I promise you won't miss fucking with that gunk. I promise it will be worth every penny, especially if you are nuts about psychoactive and medicinal plants.

--------------------

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #79045 - 07/11/08 08:18 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

again you're adding a step that's not needed in this extraction.  Most people don't want to be bothered with a vacuum setup.  I'd say it's safe to assume 90% of the people out there don't even know how to work under a vacuum.

--------------------

OfflineEleutherios

#79263 - 07/11/08 12:30 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

I understand what you mean that most people won't bother with it. Its not really an extra step though. Its just a more efficient tool for the coffee filter step. Its simply a device that pulls the liquid through the filter paper, which is a finer filter anyways. Rather than waiting for it to drip through. There's not much to it. I wasn't trying to complicate your tek though. I was just pointing out that an electric drill would do the job faster and more efficiently than the hand held screwdriver so to speak.

--------------------

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #79433 - 07/11/08 03:24 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

I suppose, but still, it's not like it took hours for the liquid to drain through.  It just didn't sluice through as quickly as i thought it would.  Essentially you only need the filter to make sure the little bits of trim don't get through, you could probably use a more porous filter if you wanted to.

--------------------

Invisiblecaptain.koons
Failed Botanist
Trusted Cultivator
    #79458 - 07/11/08 04:21 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

CODA, WHY DO YOU USE A GLASS JAR? YOU COULD USE A CHAMPAGNE GLASS!

--------------------

TROLLS NEED LOVE TOO!

OfflineYrat
Happy Planting
 User Gallery

Re: Lets make Hexane Hash!! **COMPLETED** [Re: captain.koons]
    #79653 - 07/11/08 08:31 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

:lol:

--------------------
"Prohibition will work great injury to the cause of temperance. It is a species of intemperance within itself, for it goes beyond the bounds of reason in that it attempts to control a man's appetite by legislation, and makes a crime out of things that are not crimes. A Prohibition law strikes a blow at the very principles upon which our government was founded." - Abraham Lincoln

~ Henry D. Thoreau
Strike The Root

OfflinegeokillsA
······· º¿° ·······
Male User Gallery

Loc: city of angels
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Lets make Hexane Hash!! **COMPLETED** (moved) [Re: coda]
    #105744 - 08/07/08 07:50 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

This thread was moved from Marijuana Cultivation.

Reason:
New hash forum baby! :laugh:

InvisibleFurrowedBrowM
Free yourself from yourself
Male User Gallery

Loc: Carpal Tunnel
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Lets make Hexane Hash!! **COMPLETED** (moved) [Re: geokills]
    #105902 - 08/07/08 10:00 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Nice post Coda!!!!

--------------------

Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies - Become a member!
The Growery's Herb Museum (post #24)
I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery.
~ Thomas Jefferson ~

OfflineJimmy
Re: Lets make Hexane Hash!! **COMPLETED** (moved) [Re: FurrowedBrow]
    #106282 - 08/08/08 03:43 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Cannabinoids aren't alkaloids. Cannabinoids don't have any nitrogen atoms.

--------------------
Wanna see something cool?

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Lets make Hexane Hash!! **COMPLETED** (moved) [Re: Jimmy]
    #106625 - 08/09/08 10:38 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

:rolleyes: ok, fine, terpenophenolic compounds. 

--------------------

OfflineHanky
Fat Ladies Bingo

Loc: Ass Flavour Pie Factory
    #107643 - 08/11/08 06:54 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Pedants do have nitrogen atoms.

--------------------
Coaster Said:  "wut do u post bout flumbooyon"

OfflineJimmy
    #111493 - 08/19/08 06:27 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

That's excellent. I love nitrogen.

--------------------
Wanna see something cool?

OfflineezKiel
All About the Haze
Male User Gallery

#116482 - 08/31/08 03:50 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

coda said:
:rolleyes: ok, fine, terpenophenolic compounds. 

i nerdlold.

Offlinetrichome
THC
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #120399 - 09/10/08 08:21 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Could VM&P Naptha be used for this extraction?  It is mostly hexanes and similar weight hydrocarbons, and it evaporates clean.
I wonder if THC could be "gelled out" like a dmt freeze precipitation...

--------------------
:baggy::arabs::baggy:

OfflineINC

Re: Lets make Hexane Hash!! **COMPLETED** (moved) [Re: trichome]
    #128127 - 10/02/08 07:14 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

heres my setup

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Lets make Hexane Hash!! **COMPLETED** (moved) [Re: INC]
    #134373 - 10/19/08 02:49 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

very, very nice!  I see you use the lab grade reagents.  Your final product was probably a bit cleaner then what i produced, i also don't have the luxury of a hot plate.

Do you recycle your hexane?

--------------------

Offlinedurban_poison
    #156226 - 12/05/08 05:27 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

coda do you think it really needs that long of soak in heptane? id imagine if you did it faster you would have a lighter looking oil. i havent tried this yet but i do use ethanol and butane depending on how much money is in my pocket and where im at. ethanol picks cholorphyll up very quick along with thc so if theres ethanol in your heptane i would think a quicker process would be more pure. im sure that heptane would get most of the thc probably in 10-20 mins of just shaking, correct me if im wrong. also have you ever tried putting the heptane in the freezer first so it chills the ethanol? that might help alittle also.

edit: i ment hexane not heptane. sorry i was talking about something else to somebody and heptane came up and wrote it here. another case of writing my thoughts not what i was meaning.

Edited by durban_poison (12/07/08 04:09 AM)

Offlinetrichome
THC
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Lets make Hexane Hash!! **COMPLETED** [Re: durban_poison]
    #156644 - 12/06/08 04:01 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

heptane would get most of the thc probably in 10-20 mins of just shaking

Even less time.  I used the same brand of contact cleaner as Coda and followed the same procedure, except I used two 5-10 minute washes with plenty of shaking.  I'm confident most of the resins were extracted.  I also used the contact cleaner to dissolve the resin in my vaporizer whip.  A quick spray dissolved the resin instantly.

--------------------
:baggy::arabs::baggy:

Offlinejohnnyblaze2316
mr.
Male
    #163860 - 12/16/08 02:41 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

captain.koons said:

dude, come on now, that is false and not the science behind it!!!!!

--------------------
CALIFORNIA PROP 215 MEDICINAL CANNABIS PATIENT!!!

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Lets make Hexane Hash!! [Re: johnnyblaze2316]
    #174439 - 01/02/09 05:54 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

coda do you think it really needs that long of soak in heptane? id imagine if you did it faster you would have a lighter looking oil.

to tell you the truth i was just following the advice of someone else on a different board.  He let his jars sit over night which was actually a few hours longer then I let mine sit.

The only way to be sure would be to do a side by side test.  Compare the oil from quick pulls to the oil from a long extraction and see what's better.  Personally if the oil and yield was the same or better from a quick extraction you would be a lot better off.  The thing is this isn't like ISO or acetone, you'd have to have multiple cans of hexane, or a large volume of it, to do multiple pulls of the same material.  It may get a little bit expensive if you don't recycle your solvent and become impractical if you can get the same results from letter it sit longer.

However, like i just said, if there really is no benefit from a longer sitting period by all means do it quicker.  I'll be doing some more experimenting with it come the end of the summer, but for right now my closets empty and i have no material to play with.

--------------------

Offlineweedy

#190275 - 01/28/09 07:14 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Interesting, I could go get a can of this right now and try it on my grinder and shake I've got lying around. Hell if I got .5g's then it'll be worth it especially if I learn something. Nice post!

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Lets make Hexane Hash!! [Re: weedy]
    #196200 - 02/15/09 10:42 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

No problem man!  Just remember that smaller amounts of material require smaller amounts of hexane.  Also, even though you mentioned it already, don't expect huge yields from shake and grinder left overs.  Depending on your amounts even .5 gms might be a little high.

--------------------

OfflineAffenicum
 User Gallery

#214503 - 04/10/09 08:27 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Wow!  That sounds way to easy. There is nothing dangerous about hexane?

Offlinetg105

Re: Lets make Hexane Hash!! [Re: Affenicum]
    #214702 - 04/11/09 07:53 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

i used to make this stuff all the time with bunk ass ditch weed and used to sell my oils for 50 bux a gram. not many people bought it unless they had smoked oils before but i loved having it around, especially mixing it with different kinds of weed. my screening process was much different, i forcefully pulled the hexane through a fine reusable coffee filter (with a vaccume and a modified pickle jar lid) that i aquired from an expensive coffee machine that had broke. i used the high quality hexane, the stuff on the link somewhere in this thread. it was always golden delight!!!!!!! looked smelled and smoked amazingly. no nasty tastes, just pure oil. and u can do this with ANY kind of female resinous plant. like i said, some good old bunk ass weed can be turned into  weeks worth of hash. you can pick up a few garbage bags full and still have plenty left at the source to do it a few times. i always dried the fuck out of it before i made it though

and by the way, the only reason i thought of using hexane years ago was because they extract soy bean oil with it, and a very curious article concerning the ability to aquire hexane. i tried it and the first time was marvelous compared to using butane, i would have to say its much less of a rushed way of doing things as compared to butane, you cannot get frozen by hexane, and if you do take your time, you could make a very nice distillery for the recycling of hexane.. i may be doing this come fall season with some of my outdoor crop. ive made this oil before with amazing results. No doubt this is the way to harvest your oils

OfflineAffenicum
 User Gallery

Re: Lets make Hexane Hash!! [Re: tg105]
    #214870 - 04/12/09 10:27 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Sweet!  Could you use mushies in place of the trim?  Would that work somehow?  LMAO

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Lets make Hexane Hash!! [Re: Affenicum]
    #215874 - 04/15/09 06:36 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

There is nothing dangerous about hexane?

Like with almost any solvent you use to do extractions, hexane is extremely flammable.  This is not a process you want to do around any open flames or sources of ignition.  Don't go taking a bath in the stuff either or spend time huffing the fumes that come off the jar, that won't leave you feeling too pretty afterward.

ANY solvent you work with has inherent dangers, you should handle all chemicals appropriately and with caution.  This process is more safe then others, but that doesn't mean the chemical itself is not dangerous.

--------------------

Offlinetg105

#216171 - 04/16/09 02:01 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

well said coda. also i meant as for the process, you can do it with any resinous female weed plant. seeded or not, it turns out to be some nice oil. ive had nothing but good experience with it.

OfflineYrat
Happy Planting
 User Gallery

Re: Lets make Hexane Hash!! [Re: tg105]
    #226639 - 05/15/09 10:19 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

i am planning on possibly doing a hexane pull this weekend, and have a quick question.  if the oil is warm enough, is the viscosity still too great to transfer with, say, a Pasteur pipette?  i may possibly rotovap the hexane to finish the process in minutes, and am wondering about the possibility of removing the oil from something like a round bottom flask.

--------------------

~ Henry D. Thoreau
Strike The Root

InvisibleDr. Penguin
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #228503 - 05/20/09 07:23 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Ha! I was just thinking about how I could use my rotovap to speed the process along but to no avail. Besides redissolving the oil, defeating the purpose, I think you are going to be out of luck as it is extremely viscous (much more than molasses). I don't know what model rotovap you have but mine uses a 500ml round bottom and short of breaking it I can't see any way to get the oil out. When I extract with butane I just do my evaporation in the final container, saves me a lot of headache and with butane I can have a smokable product in an half hour because of how fast it evaporates.

--------------------
* My Cab
* How to Build a Grow Tent
* Fan Speed Control 101
* Easy Butane Extraction

Not responsible for advice not taken.

OfflineYrat
Happy Planting
 User Gallery

Re: Lets make Hexane Hash!! [Re: Dr. Penguin]
    #228515 - 05/20/09 08:16 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

hmmm.... that's what i was afraid of.

i suppose one could rotovap down most, if not all, of the hexane, and then redissolve in a much smaller amount to transfer the oil out into a more suitable evaporation dish.  this would definitely speed up the evaporation process significantly, i know that i could do something like a liter of hexane in under an hour with the rotovap, not to mention capturing and recycling it.

--------------------

~ Henry D. Thoreau
Strike The Root

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #237777 - 06/08/09 09:33 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Hmmm, depending on the amount you were working with and the type of glass you use, a butane torch + a steady hand + a collection plate might = a way to collect.  Heat makes the oil less viscous and is my primary method for transferring the oil from the pin to the bowl.  However too high a temp will begin the vaporization process and you'll lose some product.  It's also possible an extremely hot, IE close to boiling, water bath could loosen the material enough to be transferred.

Any residual oil could then be cleaned up with some extra solvent and some more time.  While the use of a rotavap is definitely an awesome idea, it doesn't seem as practical as evaporating from your collection plate (although it's most likely a hell of a lot safer)

Note: since it's been a while since your last post, did you have any success?

--------------------

OfflineYrat
Happy Planting
 User Gallery

#237873 - 06/09/09 05:36 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

well, it turns out the person with a large amount of trim and already gone through it for ice hash :mad2:

i just like the rotovap idea for it's speed, ease, and re-capture of the hexane for repeat use.  hopefully i'll be able to try it out soon.  i'll make sure to post my results here and let you guys know.  i'm thinking i will get the volume of the hexane down to a very small amount, just enough to keep the oils soluble and avoid the viscosity, and then transfer this right out into a collection plate, and evap from there, maybe on a warm hot plate.

--------------------

~ Henry D. Thoreau
Strike The Root

OfflineArobskittle
Stranger

#310108 - 11/05/09 12:05 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

InvisibleTriptonic
Male

Loc: Flag
Re: Lets make Hexane Hash!! [Re: Arobskittle]
    #310134 - 11/05/09 04:41 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

OfflineArobskittle
Stranger

Re: Lets make Hexane Hash!! [Re: Triptonic]
    #311288 - 11/06/09 04:19 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

yeah that's what i meant to do.... thanks Trip

InvisibleTriptonic
Male

Loc: Flag
Re: Lets make Hexane Hash!! [Re: Arobskittle]
    #311305 - 11/06/09 04:45 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

:highfive: you should make this into a thread though. Its a sweet idea man. I think people would want to read about it.

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Lets make Hexane Hash!! [Re: Triptonic]
    #311449 - 11/06/09 07:42 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

no need for a roto vap....

Yup, i answered that question already on the first page of this thread :wink:

--------------------

OfflineEro42oH2o
master of the bush
 User Gallery

#317005 - 11/16/09 09:13 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

just used this method with actual bud. Much less residual taste than butane but turned out greenish. I think i like this method more, but I'd like to get some pure N-Hexane next time. Still very fucking potent.

--------------------
All of the statements and posts I make or have made are fake. I just found all the pictures and copied and pasted them here. I am in no way associated with any of the materials discussed here. I'm just bored, and lame.

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Lets make Hexane Hash!! **COMPLETED** [Re: Ero42oH2o]
    #317452 - 11/17/09 04:48 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

How long did you soak for?  I'm fairly convinced the 8 hrs I put mine through is waaaay to long.  I was just following directions from someone else, I think you could get away with a 2-4 hour soak and still pull in quality yields with little to no chlorophyll. 

Hit up a chemical supply store for pure hexane, like mentioned already, it's not illegal requires no permits to obtain and is readily available.  Just dress nice, pay in cash, and you won't be questioned.  If anything say you're a electronics hobbyist and you're repairing some old circuit boards or something along those lines.

--------------------

OfflineEro42oH2o
master of the bush
 User Gallery

#321197 - 11/24/09 06:44 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

i soaked for 30 minutes. Worked fine. Still a lot greener than butane, but i had the QD shit, not pure.

--------------------
All of the statements and posts I make or have made are fake. I just found all the pictures and copied and pasted them here. I am in no way associated with any of the materials discussed here. I'm just bored, and lame.

Offlinepong
Male User Gallery

#335074 - 12/22/09 01:16 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

HELLO i found this brand.

MAX professional CONTACT CLEANER

http://www.blowoff.com/msds/contactmsds.html

it has
hexane 60%
isopropyl alcohol 1-10%
propane 15-25%
butane 10-20%

will this work?

thanks!!!

--------------------
MARIJUANNNANNANNNANNNANNNANNANNANNNNNANANANAAAAAAAAA!!!!

MY GROW

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

Loc: North Star Flag
Re: Lets make Hexane Hash!! **COMPLETED** [Re: pong]
    #335107 - 12/22/09 02:21 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Go for pure.  Or use my ISO tek.

--------------------
Don't criticize what you can't understand

Offlinepong
Male User Gallery

Re: Lets make Hexane Hash!! **COMPLETED** [Re: Inverted]
    #335111 - 12/22/09 02:24 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

link?

--------------------
MARIJUANNNANNANNNANNNANNNANNANNANNNNNANANANAAAAAAAAA!!!!

MY GROW

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Lets make Hexane Hash!! **COMPLETED** [Re: pong]
    #335202 - 12/22/09 05:05 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

it has
hexane 60%
isopropyl alcohol 1-10%
propane 15-25%
butane 10-20%

It would work but there's better out there.  The electosolve contact cleaner I listed (http://www.mgchemicals.com/products/409b.html)is probably the best commercially available product.  But, if i were you, just look up a chemical supply store and see if they carry hexane.

At the very least the stuff that Home Depot and the like carry work very well (QD Contact Cleaner).

--------------------

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

Loc: North Star Flag
    #335222 - 12/22/09 05:34 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Look for "Caught between bubble bags and iso"

--------------------
Don't criticize what you can't understand

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Lets make Hexane Hash!! **COMPLETED** [Re: Inverted]
    #335248 - 12/22/09 07:20 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

--------------------

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #355455 - 01/30/10 01:43 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

So I'm doing a run this time only 30 mins to see the difference.  Finally have enough trim to play with so we'll see how it turns out.  Should be ready in 25 mins or so and I'll update with some pics.

--------------------

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #355487 - 01/30/10 02:21 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

After a 30 min soak this is what I'm left with.

--------------------

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #355545 - 01/30/10 03:55 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Final product.  Still roughly the same color, taste is much better with the smaller time to pull.  I think the 8 hour soak gave me a slightly larger yield though.  The high is nice and soaring, definitely a nice change from the cloudy feeling in the head the buds give me.  This hash is a much better day smoke while the buds are a much better night time smoke.  I think I'll let the next run sit for an hour and compare.  I really haven't gotten to the truly good part of my trim yet, this batch contained some fans which had a decent amount of sugar, but not as much as the trimmings which are sitting just below the larger pieces.

It's nice to have some oil again, I've missed hash terribly.

--------------------

OfflineKaptKid
Spaced Pirate
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bright Side of the Sun
    #433802 - 06/16/10 07:22 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Thanks for the tek.  :wink:

--------------------
Child of the 60's, Tripping ever sence.

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Lets make Hexane Hash!! **COMPLETED** [Re: KaptKid]
    #434383 - 06/17/10 04:38 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

No problem.

I've since updated the main instructions to get rid of the 8 hour soak.  I hopefully also explained the amount of hexane needed per amount of trim a little bit better.  The whole process should take between 1 and 2 hours depending on how fast the hexane evaporates.

--------------------

Invisibleboomsaway
 User Gallery

#483469 - 09/29/10 11:26 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Have you ever tried whipping that into budder?

if u want to go with a longer soak and still want the clear product, run it thru a carbon filter a couple times to remove the organic nasties. take that old butane blast can (that ull never use anymore because hexane rocks) and fill it up with some activated carbon from the pet store and drip it evenly thru into your evaporator.

Edited by boomsaway (09/29/10 11:28 AM)

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Lets make Hexane Hash!! **COMPLETED** [Re: boomsaway]
    #483536 - 09/29/10 04:43 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Have you ever tried whipping that into budder?

Nah, the oil is good enough for me honestly.  Making the budder would just be a PITA honestly (at least for me).

--------------------

OfflineBotanomancer
Plant Wizard
Male User Gallery

#483542 - 09/29/10 05:27 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Awesome tek, thank you!
Going to give this a shot after this fall season thats for sure.

:cheers:

Invisibledeladude
king size
Male

Re: Lets make Hexane Hash!! **COMPLETED** [Re: Botanomancer]
    #489239 - 10/18/10 07:11 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

hey coda
i used the QD contact cleaner last night to make some hash,
i just realized the stuff in your pic is "quick dry formula"
mine isnt/ it did the job but i was wondering if this stuff is safe to smoke since it wasnt the quick dry?

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Lets make Hexane Hash!! **COMPLETED** [Re: deladude]
    #490925 - 10/23/10 11:52 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Couldn't tell you honestly, what was the "ingredient" list on the can?

--------------------

InvisibleGod
Yahweh

#491335 - 10/24/10 11:28 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

coda, since this was bumped recently, I'll throw another question to you: does your contact cleaner contain petroleum distillate?  I bought the same brand of no residue QD Cleaner as you, though the logo is different, and it has that in addition to everything else mentioned in your OP.  Though the petroleum obviously evaporates off (no residue, right?), it seems worrisome.

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Lets make Hexane Hash!! **COMPLETED** [Re: God]
    #491922 - 10/26/10 04:50 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

http://www.crcindustries.com/faxdocs/msds/2130.pdf

No, it shouldn't contain any petroleum distillates.  That's the MSDS for the cans that I buy, does it differ from what you have?  I'd put the cleaner you have on hold until you get it sorted just in case.

If you're truly worried about it you can order the other cleaner, or, visit a local chemical supply store and pick up the pure chemical.

--------------------

Invisibledoublehelix
Bodhisativa

#497686 - 11/13/10 10:53 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

:awesomenod:

OfflinePsuper
حشيش حشّاشين
 User Gallery

Loc: Left Coast
Re: Lets make Hexane Hash!! **COMPLETED** [Re: God]
    #499177 - 11/18/10 03:26 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

If you guys are worried about how the end product is dried here's a couple random things:

Instead of using a pyrex dish in a hot water bath, consider using a hot canola oil bath instead.  The oil can be brought up to a higher temperature than water and you will be free from steam and water droplets.  Hot oil baths can be used to decarboxylate hash oils with the canola oil at about 240°-250°F.  You don't need temps that high for iso or hexane though.

Because you want a somewhat lengthy "drying/purging" period with hexane, consider speeding up the process by dissolving what's in your dish with ethanol or isopropyl alcohol than evaporating that.

Here's a fantastic post by Gray Wolf over on ICMag about this:
Quote:

As a Hex molecule, it is completely non polar, and does a very clean extraction, but is a heavy enough molecule to be more difficult to purge than butane or alcohol.

I put my plant material and hexane in a jar and periodically shake for about 12 hours at ambient. I then decant through a strainer and filter before evaporating off the hexane.

My attempts to purge deep pools of oil with hexane residual left in it were not totally successful, so I have found best to first evaporate off the hexane in a shallow dish with a fan or vacuum, redissolve in ethanol, and cook that off to purge the rest of the hexane.

The extract has a drier appearance than BHO and a hashy flavor. Residual hexane tastes like gasoline.

Ghetto hexane can be procured by using electronic cleaning products like MG Contact Cleaner, which is hexane with enough fluorocarbon propellant to make it an aerosol.

I also use hexane to steal the goodies away from an alcohol extraction, to get rid of undesirable water solubles picked up by the alcohol.

If you mix the alcohol extraction with equal parts hexane and saturated salt water, the hexane will absorb the cannabis oil and rise to the top, leaving the alcohol and water mixture on the bottom in a separatory funnel.

Easy to then bleed off the water and alcohol, replete with all the garbage, before evaporating off the hexane, and ending up with a pristine extraction.

--------------------
Shroomery.org

OfflineSHR00M0L0GIST
Cube Boob
Male

Re: Lets make Hexane Hash!! **COMPLETED** [Re: Psuper]
    #500211 - 11/22/10 10:28 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Excellent tutorial!  Thanks for sharing man :-)  It's very much appreciated.  I was just looking for a better way than using Butane and this is exactly what I was looking for!

Thanks again :smile:

Shr00m0l0gist

OfflineEro42oH2o
master of the bush
 User Gallery

Re: Lets make Hexane Hash!! **COMPLETED** [Re: SHR00M0L0GIST]
    #500940 - 11/26/10 08:13 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

I always do oil bath. 220 in a pyrex and whip the whole time after re-liquifying with iso and a few drops of water. The bs in butane binds to the water so i've been guessing it works here too.
Ever try taking the oil down further? Real far. Like removing the strain flavor and bubbles?

Also your iso, to hexane, good idea.
I do iso, to ether.

--------------------

Offlinemixedup
Stranger

Loc: long island
    #531223 - 02/27/11 01:17 PM (13 years, 23 days ago)

Quote:

coda said:
Quote:

Butane also extracts THC only, other active alkaloids are left behind which hexane picks up.

Source?

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Lets make Hexane Hash!! [Re: mixedup]
    #531227 - 02/27/11 01:43 PM (13 years, 23 days ago)

Sorry don't have one, that's just recanted from threads I've read.  If you have sources otherwise that can disprove that, please post them and I will go make changes in my posts!

--------------------

OfflinePsuper
حشيش حشّاشين
 User Gallery

Loc: Left Coast
Re: Lets make Hexane Hash!! [Re: mixedup]
    #531453 - 02/28/11 12:53 AM (13 years, 23 days ago)

Quote:

mixedup said:
Quote:

coda said:
Quote:

Butane also extracts THC only, other active alkaloids are left behind which hexane picks up.

Source?

While I don't have a published source either, what Coda is saying is just what i understand as well.  Deeper in the plant tissue is water, chlorophyll, waxes, oils, alkaloids. According to GrayWolf over on ICMag cured bud can be up to 15% water in addition to the other stuff I just listed.  That's a good unofficial source.

Butane and quick-washed alcohol runs do "quick" extractions and don't dig this stuff out apparently.....the most experienced hash makers (not me) have more-or-less been able to "test" that by comparing second runs on the same material, or by refining hash. Or, think about the difference in effects between a crude alcohol extraction of cannabis compared to BHO or a quick-washed isopropyl, if you've tried both-- different hash, because the crude alcohol soak gets most everything out of the starting material water, alkaloids, oils, etc., while the quick-wash iso only gets a little bit of that stuff from the inside.

Same goes for the comparison that Coda gave of BHO vs. hexane. In my opinion anyways. 

I don't think anyone's thinking of these alkaloids as contaminants when they're smoking really good bud, but there in their.  Medicianal alkaloids are even obtained from roots apparently:
http://archives.hempembassy.net/hempe/resources/blairvanpeltcannabisroot%20_NXPowerLite_.pdf

--------------------
Shroomery.org

Offlinemixedup
Stranger

Re: Lets make Hexane Hash!! [Re: Psuper]
    #531547 - 02/28/11 02:19 PM (13 years, 22 days ago)

Thanks.

OfflineRU PUFFIN
Stranger

#606879 - 01/27/12 07:58 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

hexane hash oil is excellent! How ever using parts cleaner isn't the best idea I've heard.When you're making it for yourself, you're only poisoning yourself. When I make oil intended for others to use, I use reagent grade hexane. 99.8% pure. If it isn't available, I'll use 99% isopropyl alcohol.Water cure the material first.Re-dry it. Grind it a little & put it in a 1gallon glass jar.top off with alcohol & let it soak for 36 hours. strain it through cheese cloth into a round stainless steel bowl to remove the solids.Put the bowl in an electric skillet filled with hot water & turn the heat to 225degrees F. It takes 45 minutes to evaporate off 3 pints of alcohol.The alcohol vapors are very flammable so do it outside away from ANY source of ignition.Cell phones,cigars,& bongs are a no no while doing this.The better the material going in, the better the finished product. I used 1 pound of trim (no big leaves)& 3 pints of alcohol, & I usually get 18 grams of oil.
oil
You may choose many

Votes accepted from (01/27/12 07:50 AM) to (No end specified)
View the results of this poll

Offlinewait
Stranger
Re: Lets make Hexane Hash!! [Re: RU PUFFIN]
    #609208 - 02/12/12 10:20 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Been poking around the auto-parts stores and found some mass air flow sensor cleaner for like $5-$6, i was looking it up on the manufactures website and after comparing the two offered by the CRC brand the mass airflow cleaner seems to be "cleaner" hexane, I know not to make claims with out proof so here it is:Mass Airflow Sensor Cleaner http://www.crcindustries.com/faxdocs/msds/5110.pdf
and the qd contact cleaner
http://www.crcindustries.com/faxdocs/msds/5103.pdf
when comparing the chemicals "Synthetic isoparaffinic hydrocarbon" is naptha,http://www.emsdiasum.com/microscopy/technical/msds/23410-01.pdf witch if im not mistaken evaporates cleanly and may aid in the extraction process?
Wouldn't the higher concentration of hexane and hexane isomers allow for more extraction?
Would some who has had experience be willing weigh in?

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Lets make Hexane Hash!! [Re: wait]
    #617182 - 04/09/12 06:23 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Interesting findings.  I've not used the Air Flow cleaner.  At the heart of it, if you're buying something from a big box store, you want to find something that has the least amount of other chemicals in it besides the hexane.  The best you could find would be a propellant and the hexane, but I'm unsure if that's even possible.

I've since switched to butane extractions though after purchasing a glass extraction tube from a member here.  I still think the hexane runs netted me slightly more product in the end, but the butane process is much faster since I'm left with a much smaller pool of chemical to evaporate.  I only make oil once in a while so the time savings was a bigger draw for me.  Potency remains the same, butane maybe being slightly more potent but I think that's just in my head honestly.  Either chemical always produced a really nice smoke for me in the end :smile:

--------------------

OfflineTrueHerbCrystal
Uncertified Oregrowian
Male User Gallery

Loc: Emerald City Flag
    #635200 - 08/19/12 06:00 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Heey guys, i know this is an old posting but its so interesting. Good work on the pic tek coda! Really easy to follow.

One question thou: Have you guys thought of using a double-boiler to speed up the evap process? Is there a down side maybe to heating up the glass pan of extracted hexane with steam? Maybe you just wanna make it simplier?

Curious Stoner
- TrueHerbCrystal

Offlineallseeingike
Stranger

Re: Lets make Hexane Hash!! **COMPLETED** [Re: SHR00M0L0GIST]
    #640016 - 10/12/12 02:51 AM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

SHR00M0L0GIST said:
Excellent tutorial!  Thanks for sharing man :-)  It's very much appreciated.  I was just looking for a better way than using Butane and this is exactly what I was looking for!

Thanks again :smile:

Shr00m0l0gist

man i cannot wait to try this. i have never made hash and am really excited to try. i am guessing it would work the same way with shake

--------------------

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Lets make Hexane Hash!! **COMPLETED** [Re: allseeingike]
    #645667 - 11/12/12 07:09 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

hello there, hopefully by now you've already made yourself some hash!  Shake will work as long as there's a good amount of resin on the shake.  You'll want to be extra careful not to let the shake contaminate the end product though as the particles will be a lot smaller than the trimmings I use in this tutorial.

I've already mentioned this, but, I've since switched to using butane and a glass extraction tube (upgraded from the one I bought here).  I also switched from using trim to buds and pull a much better product with higher yields (duh).  So now all of my trim goes to water extractions, which reminds me I have about 3/4 lb of trim to run through this weekend.

--------------------

OfflineCraigory722
Stranger
Re: Lets make Hexane Hash!! **COMPLETED** [Re: SHR00M0L0GIST] * 1
    #669858 - 05/09/13 12:00 PM (10 years, 10 months ago)

Hey, check out my youtube video method for making hexane hash oil!!! And let me know what you think!!! :thumbup::mushroom2::rasta:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6N_WTEroA4g

InvisibleDeadkndys420
 User Gallery

Loc: █████
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Lets make Hexane Hash!! **COMPLETED** [Re: Craigory722]
    #669890 - 05/09/13 03:07 PM (10 years, 10 months ago)

Invisibledrawde
Re: Lets make Hexane Hash!! **COMPLETED** [Re: Deadkndys420]
    #682886 - 08/24/13 08:19 AM (10 years, 6 months ago)

Does your plant matter have to be well dried for this?

--------------------
King Koopa said:
The amount of pot that Gask smokes is equivalent to a guy shooting heroin on weekends

Offlinemixedup
Stranger
Re: Lets make Hexane Hash!! **COMPLETED** [Re: drawde]
    #689965 - 10/20/13 11:54 AM (10 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

drawde said:
Does your plant matter have to be well dried for this?

Dehydrating weed decarboxylates it (converts inactive cannabinoids to acive ones). If it's not fully dehydrated, it's quite possible you will preserve the inactive cannabinoids in the process of making the hash oil.

Offlinepablokabute
Stranger

Re: Lets make Hexane Hash!! **COMPLETED** [Re: mixedup]
    #692100 - 11/05/13 07:41 PM (10 years, 4 months ago)

im marking this one.

will 95% plain liquid hexane work?

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies