Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Capsules

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineSHR00M0L0GIST
Cube Boob
Male

Re: Lets make Hexane Hash!! **COMPLETED** [Re: Psuper]
    #500211 - 11/22/10 10:28 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Excellent tutorial!  Thanks for sharing man :-)  It's very much appreciated.  I was just looking for a better way than using Butane and this is exactly what I was looking for!

Thanks again :smile:

Shr00m0l0gist

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineEro42oH2o
master of the bush
 User Gallery

Re: Lets make Hexane Hash!! **COMPLETED** [Re: SHR00M0L0GIST]
    #500940 - 11/26/10 08:13 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

I always do oil bath. 220 in a pyrex and whip the whole time after re-liquifying with iso and a few drops of water. The bs in butane binds to the water so i've been guessing it works here too.
Ever try taking the oil down further? Real far. Like removing the strain flavor and bubbles?

Also your iso, to hexane, good idea.
I do iso, to ether.

--------------------
All of the statements and posts I make or have made are fake. I just found all the pictures and copied and pasted them here. I am in no way associated with any of the materials discussed here. I'm just bored, and lame.

Offlinemixedup
Stranger

Loc: long island
Re: Lets make Hexane Hash!! [Re: coda]
    #531223 - 02/27/11 01:17 PM (13 years, 23 days ago)

Quote:

coda said:
Quote:

claiming something will work just as well as BHO is a big claim.

butane converts inactive alkloids into active ones.

Butane also extracts THC only, other active alkaloids are left behind which hexane picks up.

Source?

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Lets make Hexane Hash!! [Re: mixedup]
    #531227 - 02/27/11 01:43 PM (13 years, 23 days ago)

Sorry don't have one, that's just recanted from threads I've read.  If you have sources otherwise that can disprove that, please post them and I will go make changes in my posts!

--------------------

MFDoom666: sobriety kills my buzz every time.

OfflinePsuper
حشيش حشّاشين
 User Gallery

Loc: Left Coast
Re: Lets make Hexane Hash!! [Re: mixedup]
    #531453 - 02/28/11 12:53 AM (13 years, 22 days ago)

Quote:

mixedup said:
Quote:

coda said:
Quote:

claiming something will work just as well as BHO is a big claim.

butane converts inactive alkloids into active ones.

Butane also extracts THC only, other active alkaloids are left behind which hexane picks up.

Source?

While I don't have a published source either, what Coda is saying is just what i understand as well.  Deeper in the plant tissue is water, chlorophyll, waxes, oils, alkaloids. According to GrayWolf over on ICMag cured bud can be up to 15% water in addition to the other stuff I just listed.  That's a good unofficial source.

Butane and quick-washed alcohol runs do "quick" extractions and don't dig this stuff out apparently.....the most experienced hash makers (not me) have more-or-less been able to "test" that by comparing second runs on the same material, or by refining hash. Or, think about the difference in effects between a crude alcohol extraction of cannabis compared to BHO or a quick-washed isopropyl, if you've tried both-- different hash, because the crude alcohol soak gets most everything out of the starting material water, alkaloids, oils, etc., while the quick-wash iso only gets a little bit of that stuff from the inside.

Same goes for the comparison that Coda gave of BHO vs. hexane. In my opinion anyways. 

I don't think anyone's thinking of these alkaloids as contaminants when they're smoking really good bud, but there in their.  Medicianal alkaloids are even obtained from roots apparently:
http://archives.hempembassy.net/hempe/resources/blairvanpeltcannabisroot%20_NXPowerLite_.pdf

--------------------
Shroomery.org

Offlinemixedup
Stranger

Re: Lets make Hexane Hash!! [Re: Psuper]
    #531547 - 02/28/11 02:19 PM (13 years, 22 days ago)

Thanks.

OfflineRU PUFFIN
Stranger

Re: Lets make Hexane Hash!! [Re: captain.koons]
    #606879 - 01/27/12 07:58 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

hexane hash oil is excellent! How ever using parts cleaner isn't the best idea I've heard.When you're making it for yourself, you're only poisoning yourself. When I make oil intended for others to use, I use reagent grade hexane. 99.8% pure. If it isn't available, I'll use 99% isopropyl alcohol.Water cure the material first.Re-dry it. Grind it a little & put it in a 1gallon glass jar.top off with alcohol & let it soak for 36 hours. strain it through cheese cloth into a round stainless steel bowl to remove the solids.Put the bowl in an electric skillet filled with hot water & turn the heat to 225degrees F. It takes 45 minutes to evaporate off 3 pints of alcohol.The alcohol vapors are very flammable so do it outside away from ANY source of ignition.Cell phones,cigars,& bongs are a no no while doing this.The better the material going in, the better the finished product. I used 1 pound of trim (no big leaves)& 3 pints of alcohol, & I usually get 18 grams of oil.
oil
You may choose many

Votes accepted from (01/27/12 07:50 AM) to (No end specified)
View the results of this poll

Offlinewait
Stranger
Re: Lets make Hexane Hash!! [Re: RU PUFFIN]
    #609208 - 02/12/12 10:20 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Been poking around the auto-parts stores and found some mass air flow sensor cleaner for like $5-$6, i was looking it up on the manufactures website and after comparing the two offered by the CRC brand the mass airflow cleaner seems to be "cleaner" hexane, I know not to make claims with out proof so here it is:Mass Airflow Sensor Cleaner http://www.crcindustries.com/faxdocs/msds/5110.pdf
and the qd contact cleaner
http://www.crcindustries.com/faxdocs/msds/5103.pdf
when comparing the chemicals "Synthetic isoparaffinic hydrocarbon" is naptha,http://www.emsdiasum.com/microscopy/technical/msds/23410-01.pdf witch if im not mistaken evaporates cleanly and may aid in the extraction process?
Wouldn't the higher concentration of hexane and hexane isomers allow for more extraction?
Would some who has had experience be willing weigh in?

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Lets make Hexane Hash!! [Re: wait]
    #617182 - 04/09/12 06:23 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Interesting findings.  I've not used the Air Flow cleaner.  At the heart of it, if you're buying something from a big box store, you want to find something that has the least amount of other chemicals in it besides the hexane.  The best you could find would be a propellant and the hexane, but I'm unsure if that's even possible.

I've since switched to butane extractions though after purchasing a glass extraction tube from a member here.  I still think the hexane runs netted me slightly more product in the end, but the butane process is much faster since I'm left with a much smaller pool of chemical to evaporate.  I only make oil once in a while so the time savings was a bigger draw for me.  Potency remains the same, butane maybe being slightly more potent but I think that's just in my head honestly.  Either chemical always produced a really nice smoke for me in the end :smile:

--------------------

OfflineTrueHerbCrystal
Uncertified Oregrowian
Male User Gallery

Loc: Emerald City Flag
Re: Lets make Hexane Hash!! [Re: coda]
    #635200 - 08/19/12 06:00 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Heey guys, i know this is an old posting but its so interesting. Good work on the pic tek coda! Really easy to follow.

One question thou: Have you guys thought of using a double-boiler to speed up the evap process? Is there a down side maybe to heating up the glass pan of extracted hexane with steam? Maybe you just wanna make it simplier?

Curious Stoner
- TrueHerbCrystal

Offlineallseeingike
Stranger

Re: Lets make Hexane Hash!! **COMPLETED** [Re: SHR00M0L0GIST]
    #640016 - 10/12/12 02:51 AM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

SHR00M0L0GIST said:
Excellent tutorial!  Thanks for sharing man :-)  It's very much appreciated.  I was just looking for a better way than using Butane and this is exactly what I was looking for!

Thanks again :smile:

Shr00m0l0gist

man i cannot wait to try this. i have never made hash and am really excited to try. i am guessing it would work the same way with shake

--------------------

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Lets make Hexane Hash!! **COMPLETED** [Re: allseeingike]
    #645667 - 11/12/12 07:09 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

hello there, hopefully by now you've already made yourself some hash!  Shake will work as long as there's a good amount of resin on the shake.  You'll want to be extra careful not to let the shake contaminate the end product though as the particles will be a lot smaller than the trimmings I use in this tutorial.

I've already mentioned this, but, I've since switched to using butane and a glass extraction tube (upgraded from the one I bought here).  I also switched from using trim to buds and pull a much better product with higher yields (duh).  So now all of my trim goes to water extractions, which reminds me I have about 3/4 lb of trim to run through this weekend.

--------------------

OfflineCraigory722
Stranger
Re: Lets make Hexane Hash!! **COMPLETED** [Re: SHR00M0L0GIST] * 1
    #669858 - 05/09/13 12:00 PM (10 years, 10 months ago)

Hey, check out my youtube video method for making hexane hash oil!!! And let me know what you think!!! :thumbup::mushroom2::rasta:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6N_WTEroA4g

InvisibleDeadkndys420
 User Gallery

Loc: █████
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Lets make Hexane Hash!! **COMPLETED** [Re: Craigory722]
    #669890 - 05/09/13 03:07 PM (10 years, 10 months ago)

Invisibledrawde
Re: Lets make Hexane Hash!! **COMPLETED** [Re: Deadkndys420]
    #682886 - 08/24/13 08:19 AM (10 years, 6 months ago)

Does your plant matter have to be well dried for this?

--------------------
King Koopa said:
The amount of pot that Gask smokes is equivalent to a guy shooting heroin on weekends

Offlinemixedup
Stranger
Re: Lets make Hexane Hash!! **COMPLETED** [Re: drawde]
    #689965 - 10/20/13 11:54 AM (10 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

drawde said:
Does your plant matter have to be well dried for this?

Dehydrating weed decarboxylates it (converts inactive cannabinoids to acive ones). If it's not fully dehydrated, it's quite possible you will preserve the inactive cannabinoids in the process of making the hash oil.

Offlinepablokabute
Stranger

Re: Lets make Hexane Hash!! **COMPLETED** [Re: mixedup]
    #692100 - 11/05/13 07:41 PM (10 years, 4 months ago)

im marking this one.

will 95% plain liquid hexane work?

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Capsules