Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineweedy

Re: Lets make Hexane Hash!! [Re: coda]
    #190275 - 01/28/09 07:14 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Interesting, I could go get a can of this right now and try it on my grinder and shake I've got lying around. Hell if I got .5g's then it'll be worth it especially if I learn something. Nice post!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Lets make Hexane Hash!! [Re: weedy]
    #196200 - 02/15/09 10:42 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

No problem man!  Just remember that smaller amounts of material require smaller amounts of hexane.  Also, even though you mentioned it already, don't expect huge yields from shake and grinder left overs.  Depending on your amounts even .5 gms might be a little high.

--------------------

MFDoom666: sobriety kills my buzz every time.

OfflineAffenicum
 User Gallery

#214503 - 04/10/09 08:27 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Wow!  That sounds way to easy. There is nothing dangerous about hexane?

Offlinetg105

Re: Lets make Hexane Hash!! [Re: Affenicum]
    #214702 - 04/11/09 07:53 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

i used to make this stuff all the time with bunk ass ditch weed and used to sell my oils for 50 bux a gram. not many people bought it unless they had smoked oils before but i loved having it around, especially mixing it with different kinds of weed. my screening process was much different, i forcefully pulled the hexane through a fine reusable coffee filter (with a vaccume and a modified pickle jar lid) that i aquired from an expensive coffee machine that had broke. i used the high quality hexane, the stuff on the link somewhere in this thread. it was always golden delight!!!!!!! looked smelled and smoked amazingly. no nasty tastes, just pure oil. and u can do this with ANY kind of female resinous plant. like i said, some good old bunk ass weed can be turned into  weeks worth of hash. you can pick up a few garbage bags full and still have plenty left at the source to do it a few times. i always dried the fuck out of it before i made it though

and by the way, the only reason i thought of using hexane years ago was because they extract soy bean oil with it, and a very curious article concerning the ability to aquire hexane. i tried it and the first time was marvelous compared to using butane, i would have to say its much less of a rushed way of doing things as compared to butane, you cannot get frozen by hexane, and if you do take your time, you could make a very nice distillery for the recycling of hexane.. i may be doing this come fall season with some of my outdoor crop. ive made this oil before with amazing results. No doubt this is the way to harvest your oils

OfflineAffenicum
 User Gallery

Re: Lets make Hexane Hash!! [Re: tg105]
    #214870 - 04/12/09 10:27 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Sweet!  Could you use mushies in place of the trim?  Would that work somehow?  LMAO

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Lets make Hexane Hash!! [Re: Affenicum]
    #215874 - 04/15/09 06:36 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

There is nothing dangerous about hexane?

Like with almost any solvent you use to do extractions, hexane is extremely flammable.  This is not a process you want to do around any open flames or sources of ignition.  Don't go taking a bath in the stuff either or spend time huffing the fumes that come off the jar, that won't leave you feeling too pretty afterward.

ANY solvent you work with has inherent dangers, you should handle all chemicals appropriately and with caution.  This process is more safe then others, but that doesn't mean the chemical itself is not dangerous.

--------------------

Offlinetg105

#216171 - 04/16/09 02:01 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

well said coda. also i meant as for the process, you can do it with any resinous female weed plant. seeded or not, it turns out to be some nice oil. ive had nothing but good experience with it.

OfflineYrat
Happy Planting
 User Gallery

Re: Lets make Hexane Hash!! [Re: tg105]
    #226639 - 05/15/09 10:19 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

i am planning on possibly doing a hexane pull this weekend, and have a quick question.  if the oil is warm enough, is the viscosity still too great to transfer with, say, a Pasteur pipette?  i may possibly rotovap the hexane to finish the process in minutes, and am wondering about the possibility of removing the oil from something like a round bottom flask.

--------------------
"Prohibition will work great injury to the cause of temperance. It is a species of intemperance within itself, for it goes beyond the bounds of reason in that it attempts to control a man's appetite by legislation, and makes a crime out of things that are not crimes. A Prohibition law strikes a blow at the very principles upon which our government was founded." - Abraham Lincoln

"There are a thousand hacking at the branches of evil
to one who is striking at the root"
~ Henry D. Thoreau
Strike The Root
                                                                                      :gethigh:

InvisibleDr. Penguin
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Lets make Hexane Hash!! [Re: Yrat]
    #228503 - 05/20/09 07:23 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Ha! I was just thinking about how I could use my rotovap to speed the process along but to no avail. Besides redissolving the oil, defeating the purpose, I think you are going to be out of luck as it is extremely viscous (much more than molasses). I don't know what model rotovap you have but mine uses a 500ml round bottom and short of breaking it I can't see any way to get the oil out. When I extract with butane I just do my evaporation in the final container, saves me a lot of headache and with butane I can have a smokable product in an half hour because of how fast it evaporates.

--------------------
* My Cab
* How to Build a Grow Tent
* Fan Speed Control 101
* Easy Butane Extraction

Not responsible for advice not taken.

OfflineYrat
Happy Planting
 User Gallery

Re: Lets make Hexane Hash!! [Re: Dr. Penguin]
    #228515 - 05/20/09 08:16 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

hmmm.... that's what i was afraid of.

i suppose one could rotovap down most, if not all, of the hexane, and then redissolve in a much smaller amount to transfer the oil out into a more suitable evaporation dish.  this would definitely speed up the evaporation process significantly, i know that i could do something like a liter of hexane in under an hour with the rotovap, not to mention capturing and recycling it.

--------------------
"Prohibition will work great injury to the cause of temperance. It is a species of intemperance within itself, for it goes beyond the bounds of reason in that it attempts to control a man's appetite by legislation, and makes a crime out of things that are not crimes. A Prohibition law strikes a blow at the very principles upon which our government was founded." - Abraham Lincoln

~ Henry D. Thoreau
Strike The Root

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #237777 - 06/08/09 09:33 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Hmmm, depending on the amount you were working with and the type of glass you use, a butane torch + a steady hand + a collection plate might = a way to collect.  Heat makes the oil less viscous and is my primary method for transferring the oil from the pin to the bowl.  However too high a temp will begin the vaporization process and you'll lose some product.  It's also possible an extremely hot, IE close to boiling, water bath could loosen the material enough to be transferred.

Any residual oil could then be cleaned up with some extra solvent and some more time.  While the use of a rotavap is definitely an awesome idea, it doesn't seem as practical as evaporating from your collection plate (although it's most likely a hell of a lot safer)

Note: since it's been a while since your last post, did you have any success?

--------------------

OfflineYrat
Happy Planting
 User Gallery

#237873 - 06/09/09 05:36 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

well, it turns out the person with a large amount of trim and already gone through it for ice hash :mad2:

i just like the rotovap idea for it's speed, ease, and re-capture of the hexane for repeat use.  hopefully i'll be able to try it out soon.  i'll make sure to post my results here and let you guys know.  i'm thinking i will get the volume of the hexane down to a very small amount, just enough to keep the oils soluble and avoid the viscosity, and then transfer this right out into a collection plate, and evap from there, maybe on a warm hot plate.

--------------------

~ Henry D. Thoreau
Strike The Root

OfflineArobskittle
Stranger

#310108 - 11/05/09 12:05 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

InvisibleTriptonic
Male

Loc: Flag
Re: Lets make Hexane Hash!! [Re: Arobskittle]
    #310134 - 11/05/09 04:41 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

OfflineArobskittle
Stranger

Re: Lets make Hexane Hash!! [Re: Triptonic]
    #311288 - 11/06/09 04:19 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

yeah that's what i meant to do.... thanks Trip

InvisibleTriptonic
Male

Loc: Flag
Re: Lets make Hexane Hash!! [Re: Arobskittle]
    #311305 - 11/06/09 04:45 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

:highfive: you should make this into a thread though. Its a sweet idea man. I think people would want to read about it.

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Lets make Hexane Hash!! [Re: Triptonic]
    #311449 - 11/06/09 07:42 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

no need for a roto vap....

Yup, i answered that question already on the first page of this thread :wink:

--------------------

OfflineEro42oH2o
master of the bush
 User Gallery

Re: Lets make Hexane Hash!! **COMPLETED** [Re: coda]
    #317005 - 11/16/09 09:13 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

just used this method with actual bud. Much less residual taste than butane but turned out greenish. I think i like this method more, but I'd like to get some pure N-Hexane next time. Still very fucking potent.

--------------------
All of the statements and posts I make or have made are fake. I just found all the pictures and copied and pasted them here. I am in no way associated with any of the materials discussed here. I'm just bored, and lame.

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Lets make Hexane Hash!! **COMPLETED** [Re: Ero42oH2o]
    #317452 - 11/17/09 04:48 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

How long did you soak for?  I'm fairly convinced the 8 hrs I put mine through is waaaay to long.  I was just following directions from someone else, I think you could get away with a 2-4 hour soak and still pull in quality yields with little to no chlorophyll. 

Hit up a chemical supply store for pure hexane, like mentioned already, it's not illegal requires no permits to obtain and is readily available.  Just dress nice, pay in cash, and you won't be questioned.  If anything say you're a electronics hobbyist and you're repairing some old circuit boards or something along those lines.

--------------------

OfflineEro42oH2o
master of the bush
 User Gallery

Re: Lets make Hexane Hash!! **COMPLETED** [Re: coda]
    #321197 - 11/24/09 06:44 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

i soaked for 30 minutes. Worked fine. Still a lot greener than butane, but i had the QD shit, not pure.

--------------------
All of the statements and posts I make or have made are fake. I just found all the pictures and copied and pasted them here. I am in no way associated with any of the materials discussed here. I'm just bored, and lame.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale