Home | Community | Message Board

High Mountain Gold Compost
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | Next >
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

Loc: North Star Flag
Re: 12 Chrystal, 3 Purple Haze, 200w CFL's - 150w HPS (for flowering) I Have Returned! [Re: Inverted]
    #334297 - 12/21/09 12:37 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Ok so I have 4 more Chrystal in the veg box. so I think the total is 8 Chrystal and 3 Kush.  I also put 1 more unknown purple indica in there too.

12 seedlings and not enough veg light!?!?  I need to figure something out fast, but some of these seedlings are going straight under the HPS, testing out 12/12 from seed on a couple of the large cola strains.

It's going to be nice to see them a week from now.  I think that one cola is going to be pretty huge.  its also dead center under the HPS bulb...

--------------------
Don't criticize what you can't understand

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblemhbound
Ballin out at all cost
Male User Gallery

Loc: High Flag
Re: 12 Chrystal, 3 Purple Haze, 200w CFL's - 150w HPS (for flowering) I Have Returned! [Re: Inverted]
    #334303 - 12/21/09 01:05 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

What kind of odor are you getting from that box? I want to/am starting some plans to grow just a few plants in an apartment and I'm wondering how big of an issue smell is

--------------------
Suck my balls America

OfflineCrusty Ass Bastard
Pheno Hunting

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
    #334429 - 12/21/09 10:43 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Grow is looking great, I don't know how I haven't seen this thread before. Those are nice healthy plants.

Quote:

Inverted said:some of these seedlings are going straight under the HPS, testing out 12/12 from seed on a couple of the large cola strains.

I'm going 12/12 from seed for the first time too, on some Thai S-Skunk. No regrets so far!

--------------------
|

Skunk Train (Most Recent) | G13 Haze (Completed) | G13 Haze (Completed) | G13 Haze (Completed)
Cinnibis Rolls | Indoor Peppers

"The secret of improved plant breeding, apart from scientific knowledge, is love." -Luther Burbank

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

Re: 12 Chrystal, 3 Purple Haze, 200w CFL's - 150w HPS (for flowering) I Have Returned! [Re: Crusty Ass Bastard]
    #334479 - 12/21/09 12:23 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

mhbound said:
What kind of odor are you getting from that box? I want to/am starting some plans to grow just a few plants in an apartment and I'm wondering how big of an issue smell is

Actually NONE at all.  This strain doesn't smell very much.  That must be the NL taking over because it's a low odor strain.  I'm surprised, they only smell if I knock em around a bit.  I'm pleased with it!
Quote:

206 said:
Grow is looking great, I don't know how I haven't seen this thread before. Those are nice healthy plants.

Quote:

Inverted said:some of these seedlings are going straight under the HPS, testing out 12/12 from seed on a couple of the large cola strains.

I'm going 12/12 from seed for the first time too, on some Thai S-Skunk. No regrets so far!

Thanks bro!  I was watching yours the whole time.  I've seen some kickass grows grown 12/12 from seed and I figure why not?  It's just extra bud the way I look at it...

:happyweed:

--------------------

OfflineKaptKid
Spaced Pirate
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bright Side of the Sun
    #334653 - 12/21/09 06:49 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Nothing wrong with some extra bud.

--------------------
Child of the 60's, Tripping ever sence.

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

Re: 12 Chrystal, 3 Purple Haze, 200w CFL's - 150w HPS (for flowering) I Have Returned! [Re: KaptKid]
    #335413 - 12/23/09 01:27 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

KaptKid said:
Nothing wrong with some extra bud.

:yesnod2:

They will be tall and lanky because they won't get much of the HPS but whatever, I just germinated (7) Sensi SuperSkunk x Bubba Kush :drooling: and that is my new main focus so these 12 seedlings need to go somewhere! (Psssst! It's another Magash creation... :p )

I'm going to find at least 2 good females, then I'm going to mother them, and take cuts regularly and keep a perpetual SOG!

:woot:  I'm excited!  I've never done perpetual before or clones so this is a whole new step for me!  :awesomenod:

I think the best way to get 1g/Watt with lower wattage is to do a SOG...  Any input on this?

--------------------

OfflineOjom
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #335437 - 12/23/09 02:32 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

So some of magash's creations are already getting out there eh?

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

Re: 12 Chrystal, 3 Purple Haze, 200w CFL's - 150w HPS (for flowering) I Have Returned! [Re: Ojom]
    #335580 - 12/23/09 01:14 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Yes sir...  I'm shooting for the most potent mother and keeping her for a long time.

:grin:  I can't wait to see what is produced!

--------------------

InvisibleFox
healer
Male

Loc: traveling
    #336011 - 12/24/09 07:18 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Inverted! man what a great job you're doing!

It's pretty awesome seeing the difference from the last time I checked up on you.  Finally flowering!  They're beautiful keep up the great work :wink:

--------------------

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

Re: 12 Chrystal, 3 Purple Haze, 200w CFL's - 150w HPS (for flowering) I Have Returned! [Re: Fox]
    #337352 - 12/28/09 02:00 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Man I need you around here more often Fox!

You have missed a lot but I'm sure it's nice to see the difference!

You should see them now though... Flowering is definitely starting to pick up on the stretchy ladies for some reason.

I think it's like Teh Ba11sack said:  They stretched out like a pure Sativa, but they had Indica leaves early on and are flowering like an indica.  Some hairs have already slowly started turning on the Sativa leaning "Chrystal" and have the most developed looking buds so far... Weird indeed! 

Pics tomorrow for my late week 4 update.  I burnt my nicest cola :crying:

Oh well all the other buds got bigger as a result and it stopped stretching.  A little silver lining

--------------------

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

#338302 - 12/30/09 07:35 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Day 33 Flowering

Plants are doing nice, but not as well as I normally do.

I really fucked up this grow by using a slightly different soil mixture which bit me in the ass, as well as trying to use distilled water instead of tap.

All but one pretty much fully recovered from the mistakes and I JUST CAN'T GET THE FUCKER TO HEAL!!!  Oh well, it's still producing, just a little slower than the others.  They are really sugary already and have nice BIG trichome heads.  My last bagseed grow the heads were tiny and barely noticeable.  How they looking besides a little stunted (and the PH sensitive bitch)?

Also the last pic is my SS x BK project, with a couple future Chrystal and Kush moms as well.  Gonna be a good clone grow!

:happyweed:  They are starting to stink pretty damn good

--------------------

Edited by Inverted (01/03/10 10:40 AM)

OfflineMFDoom666
trash hoarder
Male User Gallery

Loc: emerica
    #338316 - 12/30/09 08:19 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

damn bro.

looks tasty.

--------------------

FurrowedBrow said:

They should teach african engineering at the college level.  mcgyver 101

Harry_Ba11sach said:

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

OfflineKaptKid
Spaced Pirate
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bright Side of the Sun
    #338331 - 12/30/09 09:04 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

I enjoy smelling that smell.

--------------------
Child of the 60's, Tripping ever sence.

InvisibleFurrowedBrowM
Free yourself from yourself
Male User Gallery

Loc: Carpal Tunnel
Trusted Cultivator
Re: 12 Chrystal, 3 Purple Haze, 200w CFL's - 150w HPS (for flowering) I Have Returned! [Re: KaptKid]
    #338332 - 12/30/09 09:07 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

me too!  It's a shame we often have to neutralize it.  :mad:  Those plants look great to me!  Keep it up buddy!

--------------------

Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies - Become a member!
The Growery's Herb Museum (post #24)
I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery.
~ Thomas Jefferson ~

Offlinephantom
Heavy Hitter
Male

Re: 12 Chrystal, 3 Purple Haze, 200w CFL's - 150w HPS (for flowering) I Have Returned! [Re: FurrowedBrow]
    #338362 - 12/30/09 11:10 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Looking luscious.  I like the little guy in the plastic cup popping out the bottom left on the first flick.  Clone box is looking promising as well man.  Can't wait to sample some of these flavors.

--------------------
"You got weed on your brain!"

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

Re: 12 Chrystal, 3 Purple Haze, 200w CFL's - 150w HPS (for flowering) I Have Returned! [Re: phantom]
    #338372 - 12/31/09 01:00 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

phantom said:
Looking luscious.  I like the little guy in the plastic cup popping out the bottom left on the first flick.  Clone box is looking promising as well man.  Can't wait to sample some of these flavors.

Here's the winning Phenotype... (16" Tall, thick stalk, great branching)  Should have cloned her!  She is more resistant to the heat, didn't mind being dry at all, and was the only plant that hasn't had a single problem thus far, except for a slow start to flower which was caused by my procrastinated transplants...  Next grow will have much much fewer mistakes.  :yesnod:

Thanks bro!  All 5 have a different smell and bud structure so we are going to have to go shreddin' and make some salad bowls/joints!  They aren't quite up to Par for nearly 5 weeks... but what can you do!?  I think the mistakes I made weren't devastating, but yields are definitely going to suffer noticeably and/or take a week or two longer to flower but that's fine.

Since this was my first 100% indoor cycle, there were some things I just didn't pick up on as an OD grower.  You have to pay much more attention to detail indoors IMO...

One of the things I need to work on is precise measurements of every watering and especially the feedings.  I think some plants may have received slightly more nutrients than others, and different plants have different sensitivities (such as the problem skank) and this caused toxic levels of Nitrogen.  Clawing and DEEP Green on the new growth?  Are these symptoms accurate, does anyone know?

I also believe the bud size has been inhibited because of this f'ing problem.  Since I "assumed" it was toxicity and/or nutrient lockout due to a low PH, I flushed ALL of the plants just in case with higher PH tap water for about a week and was stupid and didn't feed any bloom nutes and the way the buds are growing tells me that they are still not getting the right ratio.  A lot of young growth is very green and more and more leaves are growing on the buds.  It's time to hammer down the Phosphorous even if there are a few clawed leaves, I really don't mind taking the chance because yield forecast is looking gloomy.

Since they are ~4 weeks from harvest, I think it's safe to give them a GOOD dose of bloom and molasses.

I know my bloom nutrients drop the PH slightly, but what impact does molasses have?  I NEED TO KNOW THIS BEFORE MY NEXT WATERING!!!

Thanks for reading my boring post! 

:happyweed: :bongload:  :getstoned:

--------------------

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

#339368 - 01/03/10 10:46 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Thanks to Lucid I was able to finally get my favorite nutrients of all time.

I've been using them for about 7 years now, after finding them at the local nursery.  It's called Neptune's Harvest.  It is an Organic Fish and Seaweed fertilizer that has done nothing less than amazing things for all of my past grows.  I wasn't able to buy any this time around because it's pretty damn pricey!  It was $32 for the quart bottle (can be found MUCH cheaper online!)  Lucid picked up that and a bag of Fox Farm Ocean Forest and wow, is that some nice soil or what.  Fuck...

Anyways long story short, he had some left over after transplants and gave me about 2-3 grows worth of Nutrients and a few gallons of the soil, which I will cut a little bit so It can go a longer.  I can't wait to stop using these bullshit ferts and use what I KNOW has always worked great for me.

I'm so stoked I'm already itching to transplant my future moms!

--------------------

OfflineDudeTron
 User Gallery
    #339550 - 01/03/10 02:28 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

That's fucking crazy bro my stepdad used to use those ferts too... I've never seen em anywhere since...

Are you still gonna be looking into the molasses?  I was really hoping we'd get some feedback on that one too

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

Re: 12 Chrystal, 3 Purple Haze, 200w CFL's - 150w HPS (for flowering) I Have Returned! [Re: DudeTron]
    #339694 - 01/03/10 05:15 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Oh yeah I forgot, they were fed 1 tbsp of molasses too.

I'll give it a few days and see if I notice any "jumps" in growth.  I'm sure there will be because it's the right time in flowering to use em!  It's fatten up time hopefully!

--------------------

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #339706 - 01/03/10 05:51 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

I wouldn't expect the molasses to cause an explosion in growth, now odor and flavor on the other hand will definitely improve.

--------------------

MFDoom666: sobriety kills my buzz every time.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | Next >

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck