Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineA To The K
Smokey

Re: Chronic Closeup [Re: lostinbq]
    #547462 - 04/17/11 08:39 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

:lol: Just for you I took some pics today. After a test bud smoke test, I guess the Sensi Star isn't ready. But I'm feeling nice from the Purple Haze I just smoked. Can stand to go a bit longer. Prolly will leave both until the end of the month :thumbup:

Thank you for the nice comment skyjohnny!

First, a closeup of the Chronic that seemed to have gotten lost up there ^ (this one just won't upload here...I'll use tinypic)

Now the purple haze.

And, finally, the Sensi Star.

Remember, they got burned pretty badly. I'd say a 7/10 on severity. So, they lost a lot of their leafage :mad2:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineA To The K
Smokey

I am the Lorax. [Re: A To The K]
    #548979 - 04/21/11 09:00 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

I am the Lorax, I speak for the trees.

Chopped the P. Haze, its drying up. SS comes down Monday, if not before. Depends on what I do this weekend.

I don't have enough jars :lol:

InvisibleT-Rex
Herbsman
Male User Gallery

Loc: Devils Marbles Flag
Re: I am the Lorax. [Re: A To The K]
    #548991 - 04/21/11 10:56 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

looks so good! smoke report :bongload::awesomenod:

--------------------

OfflineA To The K
Smokey

Re: I am the Lorax. [Re: T-Rex]
    #549427 - 04/22/11 05:33 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

T-Rex said:
looks so good! smoke report :bongload::awesomenod:

I was gonna do one post with all 3 smoke reports after they all dry, but I'll do them as they dry and edit them all in a big post at the end.

Chopped the Sensi Star down today. Top bits were a bit immature, but its because she got burned so bad and started new growth later than she should have. The buds themselves got topped, so its got a weird triclopse thing going on.

Heres the scissor hash from all 3 combined:

Purple Haze is finishing up drying. The trim from that was crispy today, got a half O of trim, making for 21 grams total. Prolly another 14 from the SS...gonna have some beastly BHO.

Anyway, Chronic Smoke Report

After about 3 minutes of sitting here trying to figure out what this bud smells like, I've got nothing other than "generic". Nothing special about the smell whatsoever. The LOOK however really adds to the bag appeal - I see why commercial growers take such a love to this stuff.

The taste is just like the smell. Nothing to describe it but "weed". Its a bit harsh, I'm assuming because it didn't get as dense as I'd hoped. It burns to nice grey ashes though! So, I must have done a sufficient job of flushing it.

The high is really nice. Top notch IMO, not so sure why people generally don't like to grow Chronic. I'd say the high from it is a 8/10. It feels indica-ey, but for some reason I find myself dancing around when I smoke it :lol:. Which is odd, because I don't dance. A friend of mine only smokes on rare occasions (usually when I finish up a crop), and he said 1 hit got him high for a good half hour.

I'm satisfied with the Chronic. I would consider growing it again, if only because it was a pretty good yielder, and put up with a LOT LOT LOT of bullshit.

Overall rating? Hm. 6/10, maybe 5. Only because there is nothing special about the taste/smell. I hate to be a snob, but when it comes to medicinal marijuana, it really makes a difference. In my experience, one can only get SO high, ya know? Almost all homegrown is fire...so, you need to start looking for other attributes to make it worth investing your time and money in.

The novelty of having a big jar of the bud Dr. Dre named his best album ever after was enough to make it worth it once. Next time though, I'd like to try something a little different.

:sun:

OfflineMushrooMan420
Muncher

Loc: CA
Re: I am the Lorax. [Re: A To The K]
    #549512 - 04/22/11 09:22 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

:billymaythumbup:

--------------------
x:tongue:

OfflineA To The K
Smokey

Finally done. [Re: MushrooMan420]
    #551146 - 04/27/11 12:22 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

OK! So, I have the final weights of everything, everything is dried up, trim is ready for hash.

Chronic final weigh in - 1 oz on the dot.
Purpe Haze final weigh in - ~2.3 oz
Sensi Star final weigh in - ~1.5 oz
Trim - 35 grams super frosty deliciousness

The trim will be butaned into some BHO and budder asap, pics surely to follow.

Purple Haze Smoke Report

Ths bud is interesting. It almost doesn't even smell like cannabis. There is a certain "sour" smell to it (not sour as in wet clothes, but sour as in a sour-patch-kid) and undertones of something else. Since it didn't really get the chance to cure up, I can't say 100%. Maybe the cure will bring out the smell. Lavender?

The taste is spicy, and different. I was bitching about the Chronic not having a nice flavor, this is interesting. The high is a good sativa high. Very energetic. Combined it with some coffee, and I'm nice and buzzing around :lol:

Would I purchase it again? No. 13 weeks of flower is ridiculous and out of the time of reason for me. I'm too impatient, and don't enjoy sativas enough to do it again.

Sensi Star Smoke Report

This bud smells like something really specific. I'm not sure what "Sandlewood" smells like, but I hear that describing buds, and if I had to imagine the scent, thats what I would call this stuff.

The taste is very mild, and certainly not offensive. Many non-smokers claim they hate the taste of cannabis, and thats a reason they don't smoke. I feel like this stuff would be perfect for them. Woody-taste, but very mild.

The high from this is a super stone. If I smoke a whole bowl of this to myself, I'm asleep. Every time. No more to say, its a great indica.

Would I grow it again? Fo' 'sho. This is my favorite I've grown so far I think.

Pics -

Purple Haze -

Sensi Star -

Group shot -

Well, thats it for my growing. I'd like to start up again very soon, but I fear the weather is preventing that. Too hot up here for a grow room, and if I started seedlings they wouldn't finish in time before the weather hit the 90's outdoors, and 120 in the closet.

What a shame I didn't think ahead and start a plant for when these would be done.

Wait a sec. Whats that thing in the back of my closet...I think I see something...

Nah. NVM.

See you in the next grow log~ when I make my hash, I'll post pics and try to remember to bump this with a link. Thanks for following. My next log should be up eventually. Till then :wink:

Invisiblec99hunter
 User Gallery
Re: Finally done. [Re: A To The K]
    #551233 - 04/27/11 03:17 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

I didn't read the whole post or anything so don't know if you know this or not, but those dried pics in this last post look like they could have used at least 2 more weeks, maybe even more. :shrug:

The calyx's are hardly swollen. I didn't see what type of lights you used or anything so maybe it's just the lighting, but they look a little immature to me. They still look tasty tho! :laugh:

Im NOT being a jerk or a dickhead so please don't take it that way, just sharing my opinion with you. I had that problem when I first got into growing, and those buds look like mine did when I was doing that.

InvisibleT-Rex
Herbsman
Male User Gallery

#551280 - 04/27/11 04:57 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

:whacker::awesomenod:

--------------------

Offlineskyjohnny
Stranger

Re: Finally done. [Re: T-Rex]
    #551315 - 04/27/11 06:38 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Oh my! I can't hardly stand to look. I have been dry way too long. I am saving for a seedbank buy and I really like the looks of those. 'Course I'd probably drool over a bag of mexican brick weed. lol
Excuse me while I masturbate on your thread (I'll clean it up, I swear)

OfflineA To The K
Smokey

Re: Finally done. [Re: skyjohnny]
    #551563 - 04/28/11 07:58 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Haha, thanks! Too kind :cool:

@C99 - honestly, the Purple Haze was chopped too early. But, 13 weeks was testing my patience. I didn't have it in me to let it keep going. Its still a very good smoke, but I'm sure a bit more time would have gotten more weight. Ah well, it will certainly hold me over with no problem. The Chronic and Sensi Star were both pretty swollen when I harvested. Kinda tough to tell.

InvisibleT-Rex
Herbsman
Male User Gallery

#551752 - 04/29/11 03:19 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Sensi Star Smoke Report

This bud smells like something really specific. I'm not sure what "Sandlewood" smells like, but I hear that describing buds, and if I had to imagine the scent, thats what I would call this stuff.

The taste is very mild, and certainly not offensive. Many non-smokers claim they hate the taste of cannabis, and thats a reason they don't smoke. I feel like this stuff would be perfect for them. Woody-taste, but very mild.

The high from this is a super stone. If I smoke a whole bowl of this to myself, I'm asleep. Every time. No more to say, its a great indica.

Would I grow it again? Fo' 'sho. This is my favorite I've grown so far I think.
)

I have to say you've made this sound like the perfect strain for me!:bongload:

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck