Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineAnnom
Male User Gallery

Loc: Europe
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Arjan's Haze #3, White Satin, and Critically Smashed [Re: Sirius]
    #123956 - 09/19/08 08:55 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

:popcorn: Great pics!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleUns4ne
King of Twisted Irony
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Arjan's Haze #3, White Satin, and Critically Smashed [Re: 81renaissance]
    #124050 - 09/19/08 06:39 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Hey Sirius, I thought you might like to know that while I was searching for more information on Arjans's Haze #3, I found this thread on page 4 of my Google search. Besides the work your doing here that's an impressive accomplishment for you and the (beta)growery.

--------------------
Fighting Terrorism One Seed At A Time
Big Bang, Arjan's Haze #3 Growlog
My First Grow(Complete)
Never let school get in the way of your education.-Mark Twain

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

Loc: North Star Flag
    #124060 - 09/19/08 07:44 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

What day in flowering are those Macro shots you took because that is an insane amount of trichome production for as mature as those buds look, its usually around 4 weeks that they seem to show that much but yours are fucking coated already and I would guess they are about 20 - 25 days into flowering? I'd like to know because if you look at the shots I've posted in my Grow Journal, you can see production on a higher than normal scale for me and yours looks about the same age but have probably 50% more trichomes than mine and I thought mine were dank!

You rule man, give me some lovin' over on my side :frown:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

--------------------
Don't criticize what you can't understand

OfflineSirius
Saturn Ascends

Loc: The Milky Way
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Arjan's Haze #3, White Satin, and Critically Smashed [Re: Uns4ne]
    #124421 - 09/21/08 07:23 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Thanks for the replies everyone! :pimp3:

Quote:

Uns4ne said:
Hey Sirius, I thought you might like to know that while I was searching for more information on Arjans's Haze #3, I found this thread on page 4 of my Google search. Besides the work your doing here that's an impressive accomplishment for you and the (beta)growery.

That's sweet. I wish we would have done a better job with them, but we're still in the process of learning and they have been the most sensitive to nutrients and everything. I really love how short and bushy yours became with some training. :smile:

--------------------

OfflineSirius
Saturn Ascends

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Arjan's Haze #3, White Satin, and Critically Smashed [Re: Inverted]
    #124422 - 09/21/08 07:26 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Inverted said:
What day in flowering are those Macro shots you took because that is an insane amount of trichome production for as mature as those buds look, its usually around 4 weeks that they seem to show that much but yours are fucking coated already and I would guess they are about 20 - 25 days into flowering? I'd like to know because if you look at the shots I've posted in my Grow Journal, you can see production on a higher than normal scale for me and yours looks about the same age but have probably 50% more trichomes than mine and I thought mine were dank!

They were at day 27, so I guess they were closer to four weeks anyways. Its not just a really good phenotype of the Critically Smashed that's causing it either, because the White Satin #3 is even frostier, and White Satin #2 nearly as much. The Arjan's Haze #3 plants are starting to focus more on budding now and are getting frosty too. We'll update here in a day or two with all of the plants.

:flyhigh:

--------------------

InvisibleDizz
Skunked Out......
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Oz
    #124429 - 09/21/08 09:11 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

great work man, lovin all the pics

OfflineSirius
Saturn Ascends

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Arjan's Haze #3, White Satin, and Critically Smashed [Re: Dizz]
    #124725 - 09/22/08 08:00 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Update Day 29 Flowering :pimp3:

Last night we snapped some pictures of all of the seven ladies before they were fed and watered. Not too much to say I guess, just lots of pictures. :grin: We split the plants into two groups, with each of us make the decisions as to how to administer the nutrients for one group, due to differences regarding which direction to go in. We're still trying to learn what the plants are telling us and to respond accordingly, and trying out two different approaches will really help us learn.

The vast majority of each plant looks healthy, but there's always the older fan leaves that show loss of color and then burnt edges. It doesn't get much worse, but I think the main problem is that, since we didn't transplant into bigger pots, as Annom was mentioning, there isn't enough of a buffer zone in the coco and the roots for nutrients, so the plant sucks it all up and then takes it from the older leaves when they need more. I think the direction we will be going is watering twice a day, as soon as the lights turn on and then close to six hours later, to be able to try to help avoid this, while also not burning the plants by giving all the nutrients they need throughout the day at once.

Another problem might be that the Atami Coco A&B has NPK proportions that make it difficult to give the plants exactly what they need. It has a ton of potassium and barely any phosphorous, and getting the nitrogen and phosphorous to the right levels seems like it causes over-fertilization, due to all of the potassium (especially considering that I thought the cation exchange of coco actually released more potassium and took in magnesium). At any rate, we are really interested in trying out the Flora series of General Hydroponics next time around. :smile:

Arjan's Haze #3

Both of these ladies are focusing on producing buds now. One of them seems to have really improved in health, while the other hasn't. The odd thing is that #1 improved dramatically with the same exact treatment as #2 got. Trying to increase the A&B to bring the nitrogen up while cutting back on the P/K didn't really do anything for it, even though this helped all of the plants improve initially. Last night we cut back significantly on the A&B and boosted the P/K to see if it would respond to that, so we're just waiting to see what happened. It would almost look like a micro-nutrient deficiency, but it is pretty inexplicable, since it is the only one to show this.

Critically Smashed

The sole female, #3, is the one we showed pictures of a couple days ago, and here's some more.
:flyhigh:

White Satin

Oh, how I love these ladies. :smirk: WS #3 and WS #2 are the more indica-dominant of the group, which really shows in their resin and bud production. WS #5 leans a little bit closer to sativa, and WS#1 is much more sativa, closer to the Arjan's Haze #3, really. WS#3 is the leading lady of all seven. It has been sucking the nutrients out of its leaves more than any of the others. Like was mentioned with AH3 #2, it was initially responding quite well to increasing the A&B, but then it hit a point where increasing it further didn't do anything for it, and it seemed like it started sucking more out of the leaves again. The A&B was cut back again and the P/K boosted, so, again, we'll wait and see.

That about covers it. Not transplanting before the lights were flipped really seems like a mistake since we're not setup to water the coco more frequently (soon we'll be automating that so it isn't a problem), but we weren't really going to be able to do it since we'd have another set of seedlings that were going to need it before we could get more. Also, having a nutrient set that gives you more flexibility over the levels of individual nutrients really seems like a must. This is what we've learned so far. :grin:

:toke: Thanks for checking! :super:

--------------------

Offline81renaissance
Coachella '13 KKOTY
Male

Loc: State of Mind Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #124744 - 09/22/08 08:49 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

So as far as feeding, would you say that the WS requires some additional nutes as compared to the other ladies?  I'm curious for obvious reasons, and also very excited about the WS, thanks for taking the path ahead of me with those, I'm happy I didn't settle for the Sadhu and that I was able to get what I wanted.
The trich coverage on the smashed and satin is nice, are you gonna do any hash work with them?

--------------------
"So it goes."
-Kurt Vonnegut

BlueBerry_Swisher said:I want French fries. No, I want a penis French. Thank you. I'm so excited. I can not contain myself. Now I eat chocolate. It is so good. I'm trying to rub it all over myself. And then lick. Now I need a hot shower. The end.

OfflineSirius
Saturn Ascends

Trusted Cultivator
    #124754 - 09/22/08 09:32 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Well, its hard to say, because it seems the Critically Smashed is pretty much similar as far as that goes, and I really wouldn't know what to say about the Arjan's Haze #3, considering how many problems we've had getting them what they want. It is definitely possible to profile the nutrients you'll be using into ppm of each nutrient, and then do some comparison from there. It'd only give a general idea though, since we're obviously not dialed in.

I'm definitely stoked that you got that situation settled with your order and looking forward to how it turns out for you. We'll definitely be trying some sort of extraction on all of our trimmings. Well, definitely have to make cannabutter too. :grin:

--------------------

Invisiblewowitch420
whippits n ribs
 User Gallery

Loc: 512 TX
Re: Arjan's Haze #3, White Satin, and Critically Smashed [Re: Inverted]
    #124835 - 09/22/08 02:10 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Inverted said:

You rule man, give me some lovin' over on my side :frown:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

A+ headise

--------------------

heady nugz

OfflineBlargIAmDead

Re: Arjan's Haze #3, White Satin, and Critically Smashed [Re: wowitch420]
    #125030 - 09/23/08 12:20 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

It could just be that you're over-analyzing your grow. Yes watch your plants  and love them but they're like children. Some times they'll just fuck up, fall down, and suddenly not be as pretty as when you sent them out :smile:. Looks awesome to me. Keep growing.

OfflineSirius
Saturn Ascends

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Arjan's Haze #3, White Satin, and Critically Smashed [Re: BlargIAmDead]
    #125034 - 09/23/08 12:28 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Well, I'm more than satisfied with our results thusfar, considering this is a first-time grow and everything, but I do know enough that the leaves shouldn't be fucked like that. :lol: They don't seem to be responding past a certain point with any of the adjustments we're doing, even with feeding a second time half-way through their day cycle, so its just being chalked up to either the tap-water is kind of fucked in that we can't raise the nutrients up to the point where it covers all the needs of the plants, because the starting ppm/EC is too high, or the aforementioned point about the high levels of P in the A&B, or just the container being too small (which I don't think is it, because they would have responded better to two waterings a day, as plenty of people keep plants in that size container with coco and some kind of more frequent watering schedule).
Anyways, we're ditching the Atami and trying GHE Flora as soon as we can (with the next round of seedlings), still waiting on getting our RO filter, and will be transplanting to 16L next time, so I really think we'll just try to satisfy them the best we can and let it ride. :shrug:

Thanks for the encouragement man! :super: Still looking forward to see you get everything running. :toke:

--------------------

OfflineBlargIAmDead

#125045 - 09/23/08 12:37 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Got seeds ordered, lights ordered, soil on hand. All I need is for the stupid ballast to start shipping again. Manufacturer is on backorder for Lumatek 250's -_-

As for the RO water I've heard it's pretty much just spring water. .69 cents down at the ole Walmart for a gallon.

OfflineSirius
Saturn Ascends

Trusted Cultivator
    #125061 - 09/23/08 02:13 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

BlargIAmDead said:
Got seeds ordered, lights ordered, soil on hand. All I need is for the stupid ballast to start shipping again. Manufacturer is on backorder for Lumatek 250's -_-

That sucks about the ballast. Do you have an idea of how long it will be?

Quote:

As for the RO water I've heard it's pretty much just spring water. .69 cents down at the ole Walmart for a gallon.

Well, spring water would have trace minerals and everything I believe, whereas RO water would be more like distilled water. The benefit of it is that you've basically reset the PPM and know exactly what is going on and can adjust micro-nutrients as necessary.

There's no Wal*Mart in Europe, but when you are giving 1L of water each to seven plants, every day, and when you prefer to flush as often as you can, requiring 5L for each plant, you can see how you'd be carrying a hell of a lot of water back and forth all the damn time. :grin:

--------------------

OfflineBlargIAmDead

#125067 - 09/23/08 02:18 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Yeah.....that could suck >.>. How do you people SURVIVE in Europe with no Wal-Mart?!! :eek:

*sigh* I want to go back to Japan now. So many little stores there I didn't get to go into :frown:.

Well best of luck with the RO filter.

OfflineAnnom
Male User Gallery

Loc: Europe
Trusted Cultivator
    #125072 - 09/23/08 02:26 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Normal tap water should be fine in most regions. You may need to adjust the pH after adding nutrients, but there is no need for special water in most cases. Harvesting rain water can also be an option. It is however fun to start with pure water and know exactly what is going on.
The expensive bottled water I can buy at the supermarket is exactly the same water that comes out of my tap, same source :grin:

Offline81renaissance
Coachella '13 KKOTY
Male

Trusted Cultivator
    #125087 - 09/23/08 04:53 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

BlargIAmDead said:
Yeah.....that could suck >.>. How do you people SURVIVE in Europe with no Wal-Mart?!! :eek:

*sigh* I want to go back to Japan now. So many little stores there I didn't get to go into :frown:.

Well best of luck with the RO filter.

Um...Wal Mart sucks. I avoid it at all costs. Literally. I will pay more money for a product just so I don't have to go into one.
Sorry to get off topic.
End Rant.

--------------------
"So it goes."
-Kurt Vonnegut

BlueBerry_Swisher said:I want French fries. No, I want a penis French. Thank you. I'm so excited. I can not contain myself. Now I eat chocolate. It is so good. I'm trying to rub it all over myself. And then lick. Now I need a hot shower. The end.

OfflineBlargIAmDead

#125151 - 09/23/08 09:16 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

I know walmart sucks. Sarcasm and all :smile:.

Offline81renaissance
Coachella '13 KKOTY
Male

Trusted Cultivator
    #125161 - 09/23/08 09:43 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

woops...sometimes that doesn't translate well over the internet...glad to see we're on teh same page. :thumbup:

--------------------
"So it goes."
-Kurt Vonnegut

OfflineSirius
Saturn Ascends

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Arjan's Haze #3, White Satin, and Critically Smashed [Re: Annom]
    #125233 - 09/24/08 09:46 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Annom said:
Normal tap water should be fine in most regions. You may need to adjust the pH after adding nutrients, but there is no need for special water in most cases. Harvesting rain water can also be an option. It is however fun to start with pure water and know exactly what is going on.
The expensive bottled water I can buy at the supermarket is exactly the same water that comes out of my tap, same source :grin:

I don't think we're having problems with the tap water itself, but the conclusion I'm reaching is that the nutrients we are using are very suspect. The K is far too concentrated and there's no way of adjusting levels between bottles to cut it without causing a N or P deficiency. I suspect that the ppm of the water could be higher and that doesn't leave room for those levels of K, meaning we can't get enough N or P to the plants without causing some burning. Also, the coco naturally releases K, so the possibility that more K is causing lock-outs is there.
Anyways, we won't drink the tap water ourselves, and giving the plants RO water and knowing exactly what is in the water we are giving them is a plus. Since no longer having to buy bottled water will pay for the RO machine in months, and it won't need new filters for years, so it just makes sense for us. You're definitely right though, tap water is usually fine for growing. :wink:

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds