Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   THCeeds Marijuana Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineJeff Funk
 User Gallery

My first log with pre-construction... (Wonder Woman, Matanuska Tundra) *DELETED*
    #434742 - 06/18/10 12:20 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Post deleted by Jeff Funk

Reason for deletion: major heat issues, will start new log in a couple weeks.

--------------------
@Str8dankgenetics

Edited by Jeff Funk (06/18/10 12:28 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineSmOakland
Now with Grow!
Male User Gallery

Loc: Oaktown to NOLA
Re: My first log with pre-construction... (Wonder Woman, Matanuska Tundra) [Re: Jeff Funk]
    #434784 - 06/18/10 02:47 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Cool.
You are a med patient have you considered using clones?  What light are you going to use later?  What seed bank did you use?

You should put the light closer to the seedlings so that they will stop stretching.  And did you germinate them in a paper towel or just directly into those blocks?  you might consider trying using paper towels, you might have a higher success rate (important if you spent $ on the seeds).

OfflineLucid
Monster Plant Creator
Male User Gallery

Loc: Canada-ish. Flag
Re: My first log with pre-construction... (Wonder Woman, Matanuska Tundra) [Re: SmOakland]
    #434804 - 06/18/10 04:57 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

SmOakland said:
Cool.
You are a med patient have you considered using clones?  What light are you going to use later?  What seed bank did you use?

You should put the light closer to the seedlings so that they will stop stretching.  And did you germinate them in a paper towel or just directly into those blocks?  you might consider trying using paper towels, you might have a higher success rate (important if you spent $ on the seeds).

What he said! and def move the light closer to your seedlings.

OfflineDieselB
High Watt Closet
Male

Re: My first log with pre-construction... (Wonder Woman, Matanuska Tundra) [Re: Lucid]
    #434827 - 06/18/10 06:20 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Cool, I've been waiting to see how that Wonder Woman comes out.

--------------------
If you ain't smokin' dro, you're smokin' reggie. :shrug:

Offlinekickin-two-hundo
|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅| ♪♫♪♫♪♫
Male User Gallery

Loc: afghanistan
Re: My first log with pre-construction... (Wonder Woman, Matanuska Tundra) [Re: DieselB]
    #434885 - 06/18/10 07:43 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

like they said move ur lights closer,(u can get as close as 2"-3") u don't want ur babies stretchin to much, they need as much light as they can get especially right now with so few leaves.

--------------------
The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time.

anything and everything i post on here is completely fictional and come straight from the deepest depths of the black hole which is my mind.

OfflineCrusty Ass Bastard
Pheno Hunting

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
Re: My first log with pre-construction... (Wonder Woman, Matanuska Tundra) [Re: Jeff Funk]
    #434890 - 06/18/10 07:47 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Only had the pleasure of smoking thunderfuck once (10~ years ago) and it was one of those highs you remember forever. Great strain choice you are going to be one happy dude.

--------------------
|

Skunk Train (Most Recent) | G13 Haze (Completed) | G13 Haze (Completed) | G13 Haze (Completed)
Cinnibis Rolls | Indoor Peppers

"The secret of improved plant breeding, apart from scientific knowledge, is love." -Luther Burbank

Offlinekickin-two-hundo
Male User Gallery

Re: My first log with pre-construction... (Wonder Woman, Matanuska Tundra) [Re: Crusty Ass Bastard]
    #434892 - 06/18/10 07:52 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

wheres it say its thunderfuck?

--------------------

anything and everything i post on here is completely fictional and come straight from the deepest depths of the black hole which is my mind.

Pheno Hunting

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
Re: My first log with pre-construction... (Wonder Woman, Matanuska Tundra) [Re: kickin-two-hundo]
    #434894 - 06/18/10 07:57 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Matanuska Tundra is the closest thing to Alaskan/Matanuska Thunderfuck you can find in seed form.

Offlinekickin-two-hundo
Male User Gallery

Re: My first log with pre-construction... (Wonder Woman, Matanuska Tundra) [Re: Crusty Ass Bastard]
    #434896 - 06/18/10 08:07 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

aha i see. good to kno

--------------------

OfflineJeff Funk
 User Gallery

Re: My first log with pre-construction... (Wonder Woman, Matanuska Tundra) [Re: kickin-two-hundo]
    #434902 - 06/18/10 08:22 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Cool.

I have considered using clones, but I have tons of seeds to use up. I'm gonna be using a 1000mh for veg, and a 1000hps for flowering, and the seeds are from Attitude seed bank. Well the light cant get any closer at the moment, the lights are sitting basically right on top of the dome. Maybe I should have left the dome off until they sprouted, as that would have been the only way to get the lights closer. No I did not use paper towels are germinated directly in the Root Riot cubes. I haven't had much success with the paper towel method, but I'm willing to try the method again if it will help with my success rate. Since I did buy all of my beans, except for the Tundra which was acquired thru a trade.

I wanna try to get the room finished tonight so I can set up my lights up so those babies don't stretch anymore. Since the light would be much more intense I would keep the seedlings further away from the lights. Or maybe remove the dome and lower the cfl's closer. What do you guys think would be a better option?

--------------------
@Str8dankgenetics

OfflineSmOakland
Now with Grow!
Male User Gallery

Loc: Oaktown to NOLA
    #434906 - 06/18/10 08:28 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

I soak them in water (usually but not always bottles/filtered/purified but not always)occasionally poking them under the water so that they will sink.  I let them soak under water for 12-24 hours (or until i see the tap root) and then take them out and put them in a wet paper towel in a plastic bag in a dark place.  Get pretty close to 100% germ rate.

OfflineJeff Funk
 User Gallery

Re: My first log with pre-construction... (Wonder Woman, Matanuska Tundra) [Re: SmOakland]
    #434974 - 06/18/10 10:58 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

I never tried that way before, but I'll test that method out whenever I pop my next batch of seeds.

--------------------
@Str8dankgenetics

OfflineJeff Funk
 User Gallery

#435098 - 06/19/10 10:37 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

So I didn't get much work done yesterday on the room, yesterday was a busy day. But I did wake up to a surprise. Two of the seeds that were planted on June 17th have sprouted. One Feminized LA Confidential, and one seed of The Purp. Also today I removed the dome in order to get the lights a little closer to prevent anymore stretching.

--------------------
@Str8dankgenetics

InvisibleT-Rex
Herbsman
Male User Gallery

Loc: Devils Marbles Flag
    #435100 - 06/19/10 10:42 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Congrats on your grow man, I'll be keeping track :bongload::thumbup:

--------------------

Pheno Hunting

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
    #435141 - 06/19/10 11:52 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Jeff Funk said:
So I didn't get much work done yesterday on the room, yesterday was a busy day. But I did wake up to a surprise. Two of the seeds that were planted on June 17th have sprouted. One Feminized LA Confidential, and one seed of The Purp. Also today I removed the dome in order to get the lights a little closer to prevent anymore stretching.

Looking good man. Is this your first indoor grow? Little stretch but thats an easy fix when you pot up.

Check out Coda's LA Conf x Skunk growlog if you haven't already. Lot of info there that might help you with the LA, it is a VERY heavy feeder for one thing.

--------------------
|

Skunk Train (Most Recent) | G13 Haze (Completed) | G13 Haze (Completed) | G13 Haze (Completed)

"The secret of improved plant breeding, apart from scientific knowledge, is love." -Luther Burbank

OfflineJeff Funk
 User Gallery

#435182 - 06/19/10 01:20 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

No this isn't my first indoor grow, just never posted my grows in fear of incriminating evidence.  But now theres no worries. I've skimmed his log, but now I'll go back and read all the details.

--------------------
@Str8dankgenetics

OfflineJeff Funk
 User Gallery

Re: My first log with pre-construction... (Wonder Woman, Matanuska Tundra) Updated 6/23/10 [Re: Jeff Funk]
    #436413 - 06/23/10 03:02 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Sorry I've been away for a few days, but now I'm back with a few updates.

Here's a pic of what will powering my lights for my grow room. A 30amp breaker box that runs off a 220v plug.

Here's the setup I'll be using. A six site aeroponic setup:

And here's a pic of the room with the panda film walls added:

June 21st
Seedlings went into setup under 1000mh. A whole lot more light hopefully it will stop the stretching without burning up the young seedlings.
  Oh yeah I forgot to mention I ran into a problem upon setting up system. After placing the system in the room I realized my carbon scrubber is too big to fit in the room.

June 22nd
Seedlings still standing tall, but without a scrubber the room temp is around 86 degrees with 1000mh running. So I turned light off for some hours and put cfl's back on plants until I can get my homemade scrubber out of storage.

June 23rd 1:00am
Homemade scrubber is hooked up and 1000mh is back on, but seedlings looking bad. I don't know if the problem with the seedlings is the change of light, neoprene collars being too tight around young stems, or the fact that my pump went out!
  I see hooking a scrubber up in this diy grow room/tent is gonna be a bitch! Since the room is constructed of PVC pipe and the ceiling beams are supporting the weight of the lights, I think it's gonna be impossible to hang the scrubber up high. Also temps in the room are still around 86 degrees. When I get some more money I think I'm gonna get a higher powered fan, and a scrubber that attaches directly to the fan. Hopefully that will help with removing some of the heat better, don't know how well since hot air rises and my fan and filter will be down low but we'll see.

Now for a few questions maybe you guys can help me with.
- Let's say a filter has a cfm of 550... Would a fan with 1000cfm be bad to use?
- My grow room fits snug against the back and two side walls of my laundry room. With only the front and top of the room being exposed... How could I hook up a fan for intake? My apartment has central air so my laundry room stays cool. But I'm trying to figure out a way to move some of that cool air into the tent. (Front of tent is velcroed shut at each end for accessibility.)

All help will be greatly appreciated, and I'll try to update pics tomorrow so you guys and get a visual of what I'm talking about. It's 5:00am and I'm about to hit the sack my friends....

--------------------
@Str8dankgenetics

Pheno Hunting

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
Re: My first log with pre-construction... (Wonder Woman, Matanuska Tundra) Updated 6/23/10 [Re: Jeff Funk]
    #436425 - 06/23/10 07:53 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Jeff Funk said:

- Let's say a filter has a cfm of 550... Would a fan with 1000cfm be bad to use?

http://www.growery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/433570#433570

If you try putting a 1000cfm fan on a 550 filter, please bump this thread with your results for the doubtful. But seriously, if the fan and filter are that mis-matched, you have to get a fan-speed controller or a bigger filter.

Quote:

Jeff Funk said:][
- My grow room fits snug against the back and two side walls of my laundry room. With only the front and top of the room being exposed... How could I hook up a fan for intake? My apartment has central air so my laundry room stays cool. But I'm trying to figure out a way to move some of that cool air into the tent. (Front of tent is velcroed shut at each end for accessibility.)]

You don't need an intake fan. Open one or two of those velcro flaps a ways and let your (very powerful) exhaust fan pull outside air in through them and you will be golden. My stanley blower (300~ cfm) keeps negative pressure in my 6x6 so you're not going to have any problems with a 500cfm or 1000cfm in there.

--------------------
|

OfflineJeff Funk
 User Gallery

Re: My first log with pre-construction... (Wonder Woman, Matanuska Tundra) Updated 6/23/10 [Re: Crusty Ass Bastard]
    #436456 - 06/23/10 09:46 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Thanks for the input crusty! Actually here's the filter I wanted to switch to in either a 6in or 8in. http://www.rvfgardensupply.com/cgi/display.cgi?item_num=700925 It doesn't say anything about the amount of cfm so I'm wondering would it work. And this is the fan it would be connected to which actually runs at 1400cfm on low: http://www.harborfreight.com/8-inch-portable-ventilator-97762.html

I don't think it would, but would a scrubber setup right outside the tent help with odor control at all? I noticed I have a cutout in the ceiling above my tent that leads to an attic type space above my apartment. I was thinking of setting up my bigger scrubber to clean the air and move some of the warm air out. Since the nair in the space outside my tent is also heating up.

--------------------
@Str8dankgenetics

Edited by Jeff Funk (06/23/10 09:58 AM)

OfflineJeff Funk
 User Gallery

#436886 - 06/24/10 10:44 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Moderators could this thread please be removed. Having major heat issues, will start another log in a couple weeks after I make some changes.

--------------------
@Str8dankgenetics

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   THCeeds Marijuana Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds