Home | Community | Message Board

Royal Queen Seeds Cannabis Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineChapter 4

Re: Vancouver seed bank Grow Log (and box construction) [Re: 81renaissance]
    #126537 - 09/29/08 01:27 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

31 days old from germination...honestly, are these small in your opinion?  when i used to grow outdoor, plants would be at least 1-2 feet by now....

my plan has changed a bit.  I plan on dividing my cabinet into 2 sides.  the left side (currently not used for weed) will be home to 2 bonsai plants, 1 male one female kept in veg.

the right side i will take clones and 12/12 them when larger.  is it ok to keep a male and female in veg, so long as they dont flower?

i have taken 4 cuttings from this plant today, not big but i am impatient!  they are all 2-3" long, fingers crossed.  i used rooting hormone and popped in some coco/perlite with a humidity dome under the lights.

i also fertilized again today.

here it is, 31 days old.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineAnnom
Male User Gallery

Loc: Europe
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Vancouver seed bank Grow Log (and box construction) [Re: Chapter 4]
    #126568 - 09/29/08 03:00 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Here is how my plants looked, 30 days after germination, under 90W fluorescent. Not much larger.

Give it some time, they start slow because they don't yet have many leaves. They will grow more every day. Just don't flower them too soon and make a scrog when they are a bit larger! Growing with CFL, from seeds and with two plants takes time. Don't become impatient. 

Keep us updated!

Edited by Annom (09/29/08 03:03 PM)

OfflineSirius
Saturn Ascends

Loc: The Milky Way
Trusted Cultivator
    #126607 - 09/29/08 04:27 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Chapter 4 said:
31 days old from germination...honestly, are these small in your opinion?  when i used to grow outdoor, plants would be at least 1-2 feet by now....

They look very well-developed. They are simply much shorter because you're giving them enough of the right kind of light. This is really desirable to have, especially since you're using fluorescent lighting. The reason outdoor plants would be much taller within the same amount of time is due to the fact that they are getting considerably less light, so they stretch in an effort to find more of it.

Quote:

is it ok to keep a male and female in veg, so long as they dont flower?

Yup, it should be.

Quote:

i have taken 4 cuttings from this plant today, not big but i am impatient!  they are all 2-3" long, fingers crossed.  i used rooting hormone and popped in some coco/perlite with a humidity dome under the lights.

Best of luck! :super:

Quote:

Its kind of hard to judge, but based on the really dark green color of the leaves, much more apparent when compared to the pictures of Annom's, it kind of looks like you might have a little bit too much nitrogen inside the plants. There are also some leaves that kind of start to droop over, looking like they are too heavy, and this is another sign of nitrogen toxicity. You definitely have some room to ease back a bit on the nitrogen to bring the plant a little more optimal, without worrying about it needing more nitrogen. It could just be the light of the camera though... maybe you have it just right. Definitely keep your eye on it, though. :wink:

--------------------

OfflineChapter 4

Re: Vancouver seed bank Grow Log (and box construction) [Re: Sirius]
    #126837 - 09/30/08 07:20 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

great thanks guys!  those last pics you quoted i took at night....its just the light, i will take some more in an hour to get true colour.  those pics were at f29 and 25 second shutter speed lol.

the ones that droop, could be from my taking cuttings, i kind of smashed it a bit.  i am not sure, the leaves are pretty dark though!  but they are also quite firm. not very bendy, they spring back right away when bent.

i will lay off the N though, cause i know i have given it a lot.  i am also going to be giving it a light top dress with some home made ferts made of various poos and composts (like a super rich soil) so i want to use that instead of ferts for a bit, see how it goes...works GREAT on my herbs!

OfflineChapter 4

#127443 - 10/01/08 01:06 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

some pics of the setup as is and the real colour of the plant.

I also broke my light area, so i gotta get some more wood to fix it....its hanging in there until then lol.

I also took some clones a few days ago, and they all have small roots now!  not bad for 3-4 days.  i used 60/40 coco and perlite LIKE stuff (its actually rock for cacti) inside clear plastic cups under the same light as mommy, just further away.  they all look great!

InvisibleDr. Penguin
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #128158 - 10/02/08 09:54 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Great looking grow so far! I love to see what cfls can produce.

--------------------
* My Cab
* How to Build a Grow Tent
* Fan Speed Control 101
* Easy Butane Extraction

Not responsible for advice not taken.

OfflineChapter 4

Re: Vancouver seed bank Grow Log (and box construction) [Re: Dr. Penguin]
    #129578 - 10/06/08 02:21 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

redid the divider and light area....so now i got room of another dozen or so fixtures...gotta get me some wire and lights now.  i am a little shocked how much the cfls raise the temps if i turn the fan off...yikes.

pics tomorrow

OfflineChapter 4

#130456 - 10/08/08 01:13 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

i repotted today....i had this cool thing from the store that fits my area perfect and is 12" tall...thats a 12"x24"x14" pot....but it was expensive and my wife made me return it :frown:

so i decided to use this POS setup and make a ghetto log just plain poor lol....these are cake boxes.....a total of 4 gallons.  this will be my parents pot, and another for the opposite sex i will keep in veg in the other side.

i also redid the divider (not painted yet), and the lights.  still some more fixtures i am going to add (another 5). I also finished the basics of the carbon filter....just need to get carbon, cut a whole and put it in...no rush, not stinky yet.

the new mix has some added snail shit, chicken shit, and a touch of worm poop as well as more coco and pumice.

cuttings also repotted into 1.5 liter pots, same mix as bigger plant.  cuttings' roots are a good 4" ball when repotted :smile:  about 10 days old.

Offlinedude7932288
THC-Daddy
Male User Gallery

Loc: IN the crystals!
    #130493 - 10/08/08 02:48 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

that bushy one looks like it will like it's new home alot  :smile2:

--------------------
My First Grow

Offlineaeburnside
pharmacologist

Re: Vancouver seed bank Grow Log (and box construction) [Re: dude7932288]
    #131603 - 10/11/08 04:24 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

good stuff here with these CFLs. that growth is really tight. when are planning on flowering them?

--------------------
let us cross over the river and rest under the shade of the trees

OfflineChapter 4

Re: Vancouver seed bank Grow Log (and box construction) [Re: aeburnside]
    #131672 - 10/12/08 06:40 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

i just cut up the big one into more cuttings...looks like a poodle that just got a hair cut. 

i am going to flower the cuttings once they are a tad bigger...the bigger plant i could flower now, but i am going to keep it as a bonsai mom (dad?) for cuttings.  sure hope its a girl, cause i have 15 cuttings now lol.  guess i should of just taken one to find out first, but i tend to get bored at night when im drunk....so i take cuttings.

OfflineZifnab69
 User Gallery
    #132677 - 10/15/08 10:56 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

this grow log gave me an idea!:mushroom2:i just like the mushroom

--------------------

Twiztid is the shit and I'm Down With The Clown

OfflineChapter 4

Re: Vancouver seed bank Grow Log (and box construction) [Re: Zifnab69]
    #134678 - 10/20/08 07:36 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

I hav edecided to place the big one in flower, i can't wait anymore....i am using the cuttings for mothers down the road....and i want to know sex before i take too many cuts lol.

i have now setup lights (still need to buy a few more bulbs), left side is veg, right side is flower.  Only thing left is air filter....im a bit of a dog fucker.

InvisibleDr. Penguin
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #134681 - 10/20/08 08:28 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

:popcorn:

I can't tell from the pics, but in the flower room, can you move those cfl's or are they attached to the ceiling?

--------------------
* My Cab
* Fan Speed Control 101
* Easy Butane Extraction

OfflineChapter 4

#134712 - 10/20/08 01:09 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

everything is 100% adjustable.  its night so you cant see well the rest of it...but there is another 3 feet of stretch room above.....but the plant is only like 12" so i don't think it will stretch 4 feet hehe.

the reason the veg ones are on flower pots instead of lowering the lights is....im drunk and thats high up....ladder is downstairs...so pots work well enough :smile:

the lights all pull out and move up, no more screws.  both sides are pretty much the same except the light colour and flower is on 12/12 veg is 24 (going to switch to 18/6 when i get another timer).

flower room has 8 sockets (need to pick up more bulbs when my honey aint with me), veg only has 4...both sides have 2 double 24" tubes, to throw light at the base a bit.

any thoughts on improving it?

InvisibleDr. Penguin
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #134740 - 10/20/08 02:17 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

I would get those cfls closer to the plant in flower, they look to be pretty far away. Remember cfls have very little intensity. When I used to use cfls, I would put them within 1" of the tops because unless the foliage is resting directly on the bulb for +/- 4 hours it doesn't even begin to burn. When they touch, move it up another inch, repeat.

--------------------
* My Cab
* Fan Speed Control 101
* Easy Butane Extraction

OfflineChapter 4

#135521 - 10/22/08 09:13 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

cools thanks penguin!  moving closer now.  also got some more red lights, 3x 33w 68L/W.  2700k.

OfflineAnnom
Male User Gallery

Loc: Europe
Trusted Cultivator
    #135523 - 10/22/08 09:33 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

:thumbup: Yeah, those CFLs should be very close to the tops.

OfflineChapter 4

Re: Vancouver seed bank Grow Log (and box construction) [Re: Annom]
    #138915 - 10/31/08 08:35 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

double whammy of BAD news.

#1.  Male.

#2.  I followed some instructions on the net to use rubbing alcohol on pests...even though i diluted over half what they suggested, it killed the plants....and i just sprayed a little on the soil.

still have a seedling that is fine and some cuttings from the male....serves em right for calling it Micky lol.

i'll update with pics when teh new seedling gets bigger.

InvisibleHefe

#138930 - 10/31/08 09:11 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Sorry to hear that man.
I've never heard of rubbing alcohol being used against pests, extremely diluted handsoap I heard works well.

Anyway, good luck with your second try.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds