Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   THCeeds Marijuana Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineStampede
Stranger
Single seeds .com ?? reviews?"? reputable dealer?
    #394995 - 04/03/10 01:48 AM (14 years, 19 days ago)

Evening all .. any input appreciated if you have delt with them .. dosent seem to take my prepaid CC.. so if there are any good review I'll have to use international money order.
So please any reviews you have before i send off more or less cashiers check.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineTrueHerbCrystal
Uncertified Oregrowian
Male User Gallery

Loc: Emerald City Flag
Re: Single seeds .com ?? reviews?"? reputable dealer? [Re: Stampede]
    #395042 - 04/03/10 03:42 AM (14 years, 19 days ago)

I'm pretty sure that talking about vendors is not supposed to go on here at the Growery (I'm following Shroomery's rules here)....but I'll help you out Buddy.

Check your :pm:

Its all there.
~ TrueHerbCrystal ~

InvisibleFurrowedBrowM
Free yourself from yourself
Male User Gallery

Loc: Carpal Tunnel
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Single seeds .com ?? reviews?"? reputable dealer? [Re: TrueHerbCrystal]
    #395771 - 04/04/10 10:27 AM (14 years, 17 days ago)

The rule is no posting sources for items that our vendors sell.  None of our vendors here sell seeds.  This kind of talk is allowed.  We want people to have good information about where to obtain seeds if they choose to do so.  Having said that, I have not heard anything about this company.

--------------------

Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies - Become a member!
The Growery's Herb Museum (post #24)
I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery.
~ Thomas Jefferson ~

OfflineOjom
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Single seeds .com ?? reviews?"? reputable dealer? [Re: FurrowedBrow]
    #395936 - 04/04/10 03:15 PM (14 years, 17 days ago)

So our vendors are allowed to buy a near monopoly on source talk for certain items?

IE since we have a pipe vendor, we can no longer talk about other sources for pipes?

InvisibleFurrowedBrowM
Free yourself from yourself
Male User Gallery

Loc: Carpal Tunnel
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Single seeds .com ?? reviews?"? reputable dealer? [Re: Ojom]
    #396014 - 04/04/10 05:18 PM (14 years, 17 days ago)

Quote:

Ojom said:
So our vendors are allowed to buy a near monopoly on source talk for certain items?

IE since we have a pipe vendor, we can no longer talk about other sources for pipes?

Good question.  Let me get clarification.  I may be wrong above.

--------------------

Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies - Become a member!
The Growery's Herb Museum (post #24)
I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery.
~ Thomas Jefferson ~

OfflineTrueHerbCrystal
Uncertified Oregrowian
Male User Gallery

Loc: Emerald City Flag
Re: Single seeds .com ?? reviews?"? reputable dealer? [Re: FurrowedBrow] * 1
    #396027 - 04/04/10 05:51 PM (14 years, 17 days ago)

Quote:

FurrowedBrow said:
The rule is no posting sources for items that our vendors sell.  None of our vendors here sell seeds.  This kind of talk is allowed.  We want people to have good information about where to obtain seeds if they choose to do so.  Having said that, I have not heard anything about this company.

OK, fair enough. I got a little paranoid because at the Shroomery, talking about Non-vendors is Not allowed at all. I guess it doesn't matter here, because there is no "sponsored" vendors, for seeds, of course.

And the Single Seeds.com site OP is talking about is actually called "The Single Seeds Centre", but their address is http://www.worldwide-marijuana-seeds.com/
(a little too on-the-nose for me, but that's there choice). They are based in the UK.

That site is the same place where I got my seeds from. And yes, they are a reputable source in my one experience with them. I payed for the most expensive shipping option, and it was totally worth it.

The Good:

-> Huge selection of strains from lots of reputable brand names.
-> Sells singles, (feminized and regular) and 10-per-pack for a good, decent price.
-> Well-designed website with easy navigation and great search engine.
-> Nice photos and descriptions of the strains.

The Bad:

-> Some of the single seeds are expensive.
-> Some of the strains/seed types are "unavailable" frequently.
-> The shipping is expensive (but for obvious reasons).

So, yeah, I love that website. So clean looking. Reminds me of Amsterdam (or how I see it in my mind).

I highly recommend!
:greenthumb:
~ TrueHerbCrystal ~

OfflinegeokillsA
······· º¿° ·······
Male User Gallery

Loc: city of angels
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Single seeds .com ?? reviews?"? reputable dealer? [Re: Ojom]
    #396381 - 04/05/10 12:12 PM (14 years, 16 days ago)

Quote:

Ojom said:

As ~95% of our funding comes from advertising revenue, in conjunction with the fact that continued site development and increased use has resulted in higher expenses, our current policy is to disallow the discussion of third-party vendors selling the same products as existing vendors.  While it is not something that I'm crazy about and that may be modified in the future, I do recognize the need to guarantee a viable source of income to keep these monster sites online complete with all of the added features and file hosting capability that our members have come to expect.

Just to give you an idea of the costs we face... Hosting runs up to $1000 every month and we are also planning to spend around $13,000 in backend hardware upgrades (not including the man-hours to implement the upgrades) in the immediate future, with a subsequent $4000 upgrade for the frontend planned within the next year or so.

The costs are real and the reality is that we need to protect our paying vendor's advertising privilege so that they will receive value from their sponsorship and ultimately keep us online!

--------------------
Do Your Part!

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   THCeeds Marijuana Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order