Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   THCeeds Marijuana Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineSirius
Saturn Ascends

Loc: The Milky Way
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Seed banks [Re: captain.koons]
    #96236 - 07/29/08 09:34 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

If you're talking about Spice Of Life's Blockhead, they haven't released Blockhead yet, so if you found it, the seeds are probably from stock from like 2004. :wink:

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblecaptain.koons
Failed Botanist
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Seed banks [Re: Sirius]
    #96242 - 07/29/08 10:18 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

They're from Legends but yeah SoL

I'll ask when the seeds are from

I don't really care :o

--------------------

TROLLS NEED LOVE TOO!

OfflineSirius
Saturn Ascends

Trusted Cultivator
    #96244 - 07/29/08 10:34 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Do you mean LegendsSeeds.com?

If you do, Blockhead is out of stock on there. :wink: Spice of Life just recently came back into the game, from what I was reading, and Blockhead is still being worked on....

If you do find a place with Blockhead seeds from Spice of Life though, just keep in mind that you might have more difficulty germinating four year old seeds, especially without knowing how well they were stored. :shrug:

--------------------

Offlineyellownotepad
Pharmaceutical Agriculturalist
 User Gallery

#97696 - 07/30/08 11:33 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

anyone know about how long shipping from dr chronic should take to the west coast US (CA)?

InvisibleFurrowedBrowM
Free yourself from yourself
Male User Gallery

Loc: Carpal Tunnel
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Seed banks [Re: yellownotepad]
    #100168 - 08/01/08 07:09 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Hey guys, i did a search here and at shroomery and found nothing.  I am trying to find Strawberry Cough seeds from a reliable source.  The cheapest ones i have found are from:

http://www.cannabis-seeds.co.uk/products/552/strawberry-cough.html

Anyone got any pointers or advice on some similar strains?

--------------------

Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies - Become a member!
The Growery's Herb Museum (post #24)
I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery.
~ Thomas Jefferson ~

OfflineSirius
Saturn Ascends

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Seed banks [Re: FurrowedBrow]
    #100212 - 08/01/08 08:48 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Well, the listing you have linked us to there is out of stock. :wink:

Both Dr. Chronic and Seed Boutique have Strawberry Cough listed underneath Dutch Passion, but they only have them available in feminized form, five and ten packs. Its possible that Dutch Passion ran out of their regular seeds for that strain, or possibly discontinued them.... If you don't mind feminized seeds, then Dr. Chronic and Seed Boutique are as reliable as they come. :super:

--------------------

InvisibleFurrowedBrowM
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #100403 - 08/02/08 12:36 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Ahh, thanks for the response Sirius!  Maybe this isn't the place, but what are feminized seeds?  I was thinking that that just means they are guaranteed to be female.  Judging from what you put I have misunderstood.

--------------------

~ Thomas Jefferson ~

Invisiblecaptain.koons
Failed Botanist
Trusted Cultivator
    #100506 - 08/02/08 04:55 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

female seeds are female x female / hermie crosses.

one female is stressed into producing pollen and you have a high female to hermie ratio.

basically no males but you end up with 5% hermies or something like that ... more if you stress your plants... some people get like 1/2 hermies.

--------------------

TROLLS NEED LOVE TOO!

InvisibleFurrowedBrowM
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #100797 - 08/02/08 01:23 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

So what is the best kind of seed to buy?

--------------------

~ Thomas Jefferson ~

Offlinejust me
GreenThumb
Male

Loc: MO/TX/FL/HI
    #100817 - 08/02/08 01:32 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

regular

--------------------

-and for all your ETHNO SEEDS needs come see us @ www.freeseedring.nl

Invisiblecaptain.koons
Failed Botanist
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Seed banks [Re: just me]
    #100830 - 08/02/08 01:39 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

regular unless you need like a thousand seeds to plant outdoors.

--------------------

TROLLS NEED LOVE TOO!

OfflineSirius
Saturn Ascends

Trusted Cultivator
    #100852 - 08/02/08 01:54 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

FurrowedBrow said:
So what is the best kind of seed to buy?

Regular seeds, if they are available for the strain you're looking for. Whether or not you'll get hermaphrodites with feminized seeds would depend on the specific technique the breeder used to produce feminized seeds, and possibly how much stress the plants receive in growing. Also, I think it would be a question of to which extent a plant becomes a hermaphrodite as well - if it only produces a few male flowers here and there, they can be pinched off before they pollinate the buds, and the pollen of some hermaphrodites will be sterile anyways.

A lot of people do buy feminized seeds, of course, so obviously they should work fine most of the time. Greenhouse Seeds, for instance, is focusing entirely on feminized seeds, because they receive a lot more demand for them, and they sell a lot of seeds. Female Seeds has been out of the game for awhile now, and there is huge demand for their stuff, especially their Grapefruit strain (they have now released a few strains and are working on getting more available). Clearly, feminized seeds can't be all bad, considering all of this. I have heard some reports of Dutch Passion's feminized seeds being more likely to go hermie, and not being the greatest genetics in general, but I won't write them off until I try them out.

If you are interested in growing Strawberry Cough, I'd recommend picking up a five pack of the feminized seeds and give it a shot. :wink:

--------------------

OfflineSirius
Saturn Ascends

Trusted Cultivator
    #100866 - 08/02/08 01:59 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Here's something taken from the website of Female Seeds on the matter:

Quote:

Your highest concern is: what’s the chance of a hermie?
First of all, what is a hermie? A real hermie is a plant which creates 50% male flowers and 50% female flowers with hardly no bud formation. This is possible in all seeds, just as much in regular seeds as in well produced female seeds. It's part of nature and happens in very rare cases. All of our seed batches are tested for hermie’s before they are released on the market. Seed batches which have proven to be unreliable are destroyed. Deviations which are uncommon, but possible in female seeds are a few (mostly sterile) male first flowers on the stem of a female plant. After removal of these few balls, the plant will grow into a full female. Hence 99% female seeds. So, what is the chance of you getting a male flower? It’s like the chance of getting involved in an accident whilst driving your car, there is a tiny tiny chance of coming across a male flower in female seeds. To be on the safe side people these days wear seatbelts to protect themselves during an accident. We would also like to recommend growers to protect themselves from being unfortunate enough to come across a male flower. Therefore our recommendations are to always watch the stem of your plants in the first few weeks of flowering. For some strains the chance of a male pre-flower is lower with a longer vegetation period, while other strains are not susceptible to this at all. Each strain states a reliability rate to advise you on the chances of a male flower in that strain. (see strain descriptions) Taking these kind of precautions, besides your usual input will guarantee you a successful and happy grow. And by being fully informed this way, will give you more confidence in working with female seeds. If you have any further questions, don’t hesitate to contact us.

--------------------

InvisibleFurrowedBrowM
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #100919 - 08/02/08 02:59 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Perfect.  Thanks again!

--------------------

~ Thomas Jefferson ~

Invisibledumbfounded1800

#101524 - 08/03/08 01:10 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

on www.seedbay.com the breeders are www.icmag.com/ic members. They show you step by step of there shit so you know how it's done if it's feminized or not. That's what i like about them .... hence the prices.

InvisibleUns4ne
King of Twisted Irony
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Seed banks [Re: yellownotepad]
    #102260 - 08/04/08 10:29 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

yellownotepad said:
anyone know about how long shipping from dr chronic should take to the west coast US (CA)?

Mine came in exactly 14 days.

--------------------
Fighting Terrorism One Seed At A Time
Big Bang, Arjan's Haze #3 Growlog
My First Grow(Complete)
Never let school get in the way of your education.-Mark Twain

OfflineChronicbs

Re: Seed banks [Re: Uns4ne]
    #105995 - 08/08/08 01:13 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

I've used seedbay many times.  Usually get my seeds in 2 weeks or so.  Great thing about seedbay is that they give you a free pack of seeds with every order.  Their prices are the best too.  Can't go wrong with seedbay.

OfflineSirius
Saturn Ascends

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Seed banks [Re: Chronicbs]
    #106005 - 08/08/08 01:32 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

So, how many free packs do you have of Thunk? :grin:

--------------------

OfflineChronicbs

#106189 - 08/08/08 01:14 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Sirius said:
So, how many free packs do you have of Thunk? :grin:

Haven't ordered in at least a year so I don't know what you're talking about.  Last time I ordered I lost $80 bucks in the mail ordering some critical mass...

I plan on ordering again soon,  I think I'm going to get some Kahuna from Soma and early queen* from Mr. Nice...  Not positive on the early queen* but I definitely want some kahuna.  I've been meaning to buy super silver haze seeds forever too...

Here's some picks of some blockhead I got as a freebie long ago.  All the pics of the blockhead came out blurry though, camera I was using for those first ones was very shitty.  I got 2 females, 2 pheno's both had long spear like nugs.  Taste was awful but that was probably a my fault.  I might have gotten a little pynethrin on the buds while battling the borg... I only use quality neem oil now when the plant is in flower...  Yeild was great, each plant yeilded about 3 ounces.  High was meh.

I also got some oaxacan that didn't germ, several packs of various skunks, and probably some other stuff I don't particularly remember....  Oh some wallyduck freebie, I think it was blueberry x c99.

edit*

Edited by Chronicbs (08/08/08 01:47 PM)

OfflineSirius
Saturn Ascends

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Seed banks [Re: Chronicbs]
    #106198 - 08/08/08 01:51 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Hey, nice fucking gallery! The Omega Diesel especially looks great! :pimp3: :thumbup:

Thunk is Sam the Skunkman's Original Thai Haze x Skunk #1. It is a really long flowering sativa. They've been handing it out as freebies for quite some time. :lol:

Those strains sound great. If you're interested, in a couple weeks, Reservoir will be releasing the original recipe Apollo 11, and then, sometime after that, the holy grail C'99. Last time ever for both. Also, Wallyduck has some C'99 seeds that will be given away as freebies at the Bay right about now, due to low germ rates (some should still work). :wink:

Looking forward to your grow! :super:

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   THCeeds Marijuana Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals