Home | Community | Message Board

Royal Queen Seeds Cannabis Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   THCeeds Marijuana Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisiblecaptain.koons
Failed Botanist
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Your Favorite Canadian Seed Bank [Re: Magash]
    #757242 - 11/14/14 04:48 PM (9 years, 4 months ago)

I still order from Hemp Depot now and then.

--------------------

TROLLS NEED LOVE TOO!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Your Favorite Canadian Seed Bank [Re: captain.koons]
    #757245 - 11/14/14 05:36 PM (9 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

captain.koons said:
I still order from Hemp Depot now and then.

Yeah but your there. For the rest of the world they are at the top of the list for bad seed companies.
They have this when you try to order.
Quote:

Seeds are sold as souvenirs. No guarantee on germination.
Loss or damage in the mail, is the chance the customer takes.

Example
Dutch passion feminized blueberry

Hemp Depot 10 seeds  US price $218.00

Gorilla 10 seeds US price 153.20

and for us down here you're lucky if Hemp Depot even sends the seeds.

No decent banks. No decent breeders. Their biggest strain is easily Romulan and that is originaly a Cali strain. That new government up there is not very weed friendly. I remember when they were leaps and bounds ahead of us in the medical weed thing. Now they are way behind us.

The good old days of Stairway To Heaven seed company are long gone.

:happyweed:

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

Invisiblecaptain.koons
Failed Botanist
Trusted Cultivator
    #757250 - 11/14/14 06:55 PM (9 years, 4 months ago)

Ya. Brad has never let me down and held last packs for me. For whatever reason it took 2 months for payment to reach him and he held the last pack anyways which was solid even though he said 2 weeks.

I've heard good things about them from people overseas too. I've also never had a ceased package from anyone I trust regardless of who shipped it. I've received direct from Shanti from multiple countries, from Australia, from UK, from USA, and from a friend in guam on numerous ocassions. Maybe I'm lucky.

I won't mention the seed bank but I've received a small pebble instead of a seed. I've also received a package that reeked of tobacco smoke, as if the package stayed on a person who smoked 2 packs a day for a very long time. I've also been sent a very large seed package in place of my single pack order.

--------------------

TROLLS NEED LOVE TOO!

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #757257 - 11/14/14 07:20 PM (9 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

I won't mention the seed bank but I've received a small pebble instead of a seed. I've also received a package that reeked of tobacco smoke, as if the package stayed on a person who smoked 2 packs a day for a very long time. I've also been sent a very large seed package in place of my single pack order.

Why would you even mention a rip off company if you're just gonna protect them? Wouldn't it just be easier to say "Hey these guys ripped me off but I'm not gonna mention them so they rip you off too".

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

Invisiblecaptain.koons
Failed Botanist
Trusted Cultivator
    #757260 - 11/14/14 07:27 PM (9 years, 4 months ago)

I don't know why the hell a pebble was in the seed pack.

Both cases of the stone in the seed pack AND the tobacco smoke was from Atomic. The latter case was sent to me as a replacement because of some issues I had and brought to the attention of the local shop I picked the seeds up at. The guy that runs the shop is cool, he told me that he gets these packaged as is in tiny vials and just sells them. He shot Atomic a call and asked him what was up and gave them my addy to make things right. Atomic sent me a few packs but none of them were labeled lol.

--------------------

TROLLS NEED LOVE TOO!

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Your Favorite Canadian Seed Bank [Re: captain.koons] * 1
    #757264 - 11/14/14 07:41 PM (9 years, 4 months ago)

Hell I didn't even know he sold his seeds himself. I grew out his Atomic NL and thought it was pretty good. Not worth adding to the stable but not bad.

lol....he's pretty old he may actually think the pebbles were seeds. :shrug:

--------------------

Invisiblecaptain.koons
Failed Botanist
Trusted Cultivator
    #757267 - 11/14/14 07:56 PM (9 years, 4 months ago)

It was only one pebble, the rest were seeds. How would it get into the mix though? Did he clean out his shoe while sorting seeds? Lol it was also pretty massive, barely fit into the vial.

The seeds weren't purchased directly from Atomic, but Atomic sent the replacements himself. I did his Blueberry x NL, his NL, and that Thai Lights. I'm pretty sure I have a vial of the shiva and the haze that I didn't grow at all. As said, none of the seeds he sent me were labeled so I just ran them and assume they are what they are. All good, nothing I kept. There's a crap ton of cheap and good Northern Light seeds out there. They reeked of cigarettes so bad Ray Charles would have sworn he was shipped an ashtray.

--------------------

TROLLS NEED LOVE TOO!

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #757269 - 11/14/14 08:04 PM (9 years, 4 months ago)

You know I only met him one time in person at a convention in San Francisco and he was pretty drunk at the time. He's pretty stuck on just doing the old school strains.

The old school strains are fine and dandy but comon man. There is no way WW, NL5, White Rhino and so on can even begin to stand up to a OG Kush, GDP, GSC. The cannabis world has moved on but some of the old school breeders keep using the same old strains even going as far as to re-do them.

This og shatter is starting to hit me so I'm finger rambling like in the PM's. I should shut up now.

--------------------

Invisiblecaptain.koons
Failed Botanist
Trusted Cultivator
    #757274 - 11/14/14 08:14 PM (9 years, 4 months ago)

I have Bubba Kush wax, I prefer wax for the handling. Shatter looks nice though ^_^

I think right now people want to see modern hybrids. I asked Shanti about why he doesn't have GDP, OG Kush, Chem, etc and he said that his seeds are largely the foundation of those.

OGs and the like are pretty much the pinnacle of cannabis breeding. We've reached a point where potency and taste are as good as they're going to get. Flavors are going to be changed and old school strains are going to be necessary to contribute/keep the gene pool diverse.

Cannabis is a lot like the modern apple, we breed cannabis towards potency as we bred the apple towards sweetness, by the time we want to look at something different the available gene pool has been lost to some extent. It doesn't really effect my life, but if Cannabis were 100% legal worldwide and real real serious breeding took place all over, there would be a lot of demand for untouched/pure landraces and breeding stock like Skunk, NL, Haze, etc.

As cannabis moves towards OGs and what not, diversity is loss. So it all has it's place.

--------------------

TROLLS NEED LOVE TOO!

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #757276 - 11/14/14 08:23 PM (9 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

OGs and the like are pretty much the pinnacle of cannabis breeding. We've reached a point where potency and taste are as good as they're going to get

I'm gonna have to disagree with that one. They were saying that in the 80s also.

Quote:

I asked Shanti about why he doesn't have GDP, OG Kush, Chem, etc and he said that his seeds are largely the foundation of those.

Yeah but he thinks his strains are the foundation of everything. Only thing is if his strains are the foundation of those whey doesn't he have anything near as good in his line up. Ever breeder thinks their something special I guess.

:prettyflyforawhiteguy:By the way did you hear how my strains are gonna revolutionize the world. :prettyflyforawhiteguy:

--------------------

Invisiblecaptain.koons
Failed Botanist
Trusted Cultivator
    #757281 - 11/14/14 08:42 PM (9 years, 4 months ago)

We can disagree on this one. :smile:

--------------------

TROLLS NEED LOVE TOO!

InvisibleSp33dfreak
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: U.S.A Flag
Re: Your Favorite Canadian Seed Bank [Re: smoked_out_haze]
    #757334 - 11/15/14 07:39 AM (9 years, 4 months ago)

Years ago my buddy ordered from V.I.S.C, and received his beans no problem. He got a couple strains from them, one that really shined was called "RX", it was Romulan x Fucking Incredible. It was a nice producer and really easy to grow. Good smoke too.

He had also ordered from Marc Emery before Marc got in trouble, he got some seeds from a breeder called Cash Crop Ken, it was a strain called Shiskaberry. That was a really nice strain, probably my all time favorite ever. I never see much about that Shiskaberry though, I would love to have that one around again.

Invisiblecaptain.koons
Failed Botanist
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Your Favorite Canadian Seed Bank [Re: Sp33dfreak]
    #757336 - 11/15/14 07:55 AM (9 years, 4 months ago)

I've run Shishkaberry, I have some issues with it. I personally would only run it in a non staggered harvest garden, ie. All plants in flower are flowering at the same time because it does throw some nanners late in flower, it doesn't effect the plant so much as there isn't enough time between nanners and harvest to produce seeds. It would still be a problem if that pollen got else where though. It's really for people who want to commercially grow/run SoG.

Chimera has a C4 which is a Shishkaberry hybrid, couldn't find what I wanted though.

CCK calls his Shishkaberry Kish.

I want some good Romulan hybrids.

--------------------

TROLLS NEED LOVE TOO!

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #757338 - 11/15/14 07:58 AM (9 years, 4 months ago)

Thank for the info.

Hey just so you know Cash Crop Ken is still out there (I think). I've grown his shiskaberry and it's killer. The thing is it's stolen from Spice of Life seeds. They are the original breeders of the strain.

Kish is different from Shiskaberry. He use to have both of them for sale (at least he did when I bought them) Myself I bought the one that was just plain Shiskaberry. Now that I look from what I can see everything he has is a Shiskaberry cross.

Kish is Shiskaberry x Shiskaberry (whatever the hell that means)

Then he has a strain called Shiskaberry x Shiskaberry .... but there listed as different strains.

I think this guy is just renaming his strains every so often. Not sure.

--------------------

Invisiblecaptain.koons
Failed Botanist
Trusted Cultivator
    #757340 - 11/15/14 08:10 AM (9 years, 4 months ago)

Magash, the CCK Kish

Did you get any diesel phenotypes?

What's it like?

--------------------

TROLLS NEED LOVE TOO!

InvisibleSp33dfreak
Stranger
Male User Gallery

#757341 - 11/15/14 08:11 AM (9 years, 4 months ago)

Hey thanks for that info you guys :thumbup:

Yeah, my buddy did his Shiskaberry outside, about a dozen plants and damn, was it ever a beautiful plant. Didn't have any problems whatsoever with male flowers though. If I remember right, it seemed like it was a fast plant and was finished up early to middle of September.

InvisibleSp33dfreak
Stranger
Male User Gallery

#757348 - 11/15/14 08:25 AM (9 years, 4 months ago)

Oh yeah, then I was wondering also,  do you guys know of Jordan of the Islands? They're a Canadian bank. They have a bunch of Godbud crosses, they have one that looks pretty interesting to me called God's blue diesel.

Invisiblecaptain.koons
Failed Botanist
Trusted Cultivator
    #757351 - 11/15/14 08:37 AM (9 years, 4 months ago)

Negative.

--------------------

TROLLS NEED LOVE TOO!

OfflineSaren
Stranger
    #757371 - 11/15/14 10:06 AM (9 years, 4 months ago)

thanks for the info!

Ahh, Romulan and Shishkaberry.  I hold a special place in my heart for both of those.  its been almost a decade since Ive tasted them.  Romulan is my favorite to date.  nothing like realizing you've been watching the weather channel for the last hour and a half but you've been so blasted it actually was interesting lol:rasta:

what got me interested in the marijuana-seeds-canada was that they advertise as a UK company who specializes in shipping to Canada.  I Assume that means they have a good stealth way of shipping from out their way to out this way.  So I assume the seeds would be fresh. But that is all just a guess on my behalf.

I found the sponsor section of this website, there looks to be some good choices there as well. 

I still have not made my mind up yet, but I got lots to choose from by the looks of it

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #757385 - 11/15/14 10:44 AM (9 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Sp33dfreak said:
Oh yeah, then I was wondering also,  do you guys know of Jordan of the Islands? They're a Canadian bank. They have a bunch of Godbud crosses, they have one that looks pretty interesting to me called God's blue diesel.

Yeah they been around since the late 90s

http://kindseed.com/products.asp?cat=19

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   THCeeds Marijuana Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies