Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineFlying_Dog
Last man standing
 User Gallery

Loc: Underground
Re: Superthrive Overdose killed my seedlings [Re: Harry_Ba11sach]
    #546409 - 04/14/11 04:12 PM (13 years, 15 days ago)

Really? So you know the toxic levels of superthrive already?  Why don't you just tell us then? At what wieght does this occur? Superthrive isn't a nutrient either its  synthetic hormone. You agree superthrive isn't a nutrient right and synthetic auxins are defoliants right? The whole point of the expirment is to find where benfits stop and ethylene poisoning begins.  Recomended dosage of superthrive is a drop per gallon so you are confident 5 drops in a gallon will kill a plant? When have you tried this? I have seen plants with no ill effects at 10 drops per gallon hence the dosages in the experiment.

Edited by Flying_Dog (04/14/11 04:22 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Loc: Nepal Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Superthrive Overdose killed my seedlings [Re: Flying_Dog]
    #546415 - 04/14/11 04:27 PM (13 years, 15 days ago)

:facepalm:

You're completely missing the point. Like 100% whif.

I'm not claiming to know the toxicity levels, and I think it's important to know, but I think it's silly that you've set out on such an aggressive endeavor to prove that superthrive is bad at high levels when ALL I'M SAYING is that anything you feed your plant will be harmful at such ridiculous levels.

Quote:

Flying_Dog said:
Superthrive isn't a nutrient either its  synthetic hormone. You agree superthrive isn't a nutrient right and synthetic auxins are defoliants right?

Stop talking to me like I'm a child. I've forgotten more about plant physiology than you've ever heard. I'm sure you feel so incredibly smart with your impeccable googling skills (:rolleyes:) but some of us are ACTUAL scientists by career and I think you'd be wise to listen to some legitimate constructive criticism about your experiment.  I'm not trying to tear you down, I was merely pointing out a reason why your experiment isn't as perfect as you seem to think. Unwad your panties and carry on.

--------------------

OfflineFlying_Dog
Last man standing
 User Gallery

Loc: Underground
    #546421 - 04/14/11 05:12 PM (13 years, 15 days ago)

Its just your wording that has me confussed. Theres a difference betteen defoliants and herbicides nutrients and hormones.  For anything to be considered vaild info I believe proper terminology is a must. I'm not trying to say I'm smarter then you, or your smarter then me. I just figure the porper use of these hormones can be better understood through expermentation especially since some plants are more sensitive then others. This forum is about a specific plant so we can't speak to general on effects it needs to be accurate to the cannabis plant. Yes google is handy when others ask for proof of a response. They wouldn't be asking if they just took a second to look it up themselves.

"Stop talking to me like I'm a child. I've forgotten more about plant physiology than you've ever heard. I'm sure you feel so incredibly smart with your impeccable googling skills () but some of us are ACTUAL scientists by career and I think you'd be wise to listen to some legitimate constructive criticism about your experiment"

Never spoke to you as if you were a child, I'm glad your a scientist. The reason it is a aggressive experment is because I know a 10x dosage does not have any negative effects. It would be pointless to do small percentages higher and I don't have fields to experiment on. It was no insult to you. You said its flawed but didn't give me a doseage range you think would be acceptable. That doesn't really help any, if you gave some input I would have explained why I'm using the dosages. Looking for constructive critisim not critisim.

I like you harryballs, maybe both of us are just having a bad day.lol Anyway sending you hugs. You see my point ofview though, don't you?

Edited by Flying_Dog (04/14/11 05:39 PM)

OfflineSpaceMonkey
Mind Pilot
Male

Loc: Hawaiian Islands Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Superthrive Overdose killed my seedlings [Re: Flying_Dog]
    #546482 - 04/14/11 08:48 PM (13 years, 14 days ago)

:popcorn:  interesting.

--------------------

:guns: Don't Mistake My Kindness For Weakness :guns:

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Superthrive Overdose killed my seedlings [Re: SpaceMonkey]
    #546530 - 04/14/11 10:01 PM (13 years, 14 days ago)

Superthrive is mainly vitamin b1. From the sound of things the roots were in to moist of conditions which is  fairly common with peat pellets. 

I've used it at one tablespoon per gallon and the only thing it did was cause some male flowers in plants that were budding. That crap is some of the most overrated shit in the history of gardening. The hype on that crap is almost as bad as the hype on advanced nutrients stuff.

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

OfflineTank333
Psychotic Hippie
Male User Gallery

Loc: Washington
Re: Superthrive Overdose killed my seedlings [Re: SpaceMonkey]
    #546554 - 04/14/11 11:29 PM (13 years, 14 days ago)

Quote:

:popcorn:  interesting.

--------------------
My best run so far

Edited by Tank333 (04/14/11 11:30 PM)

InvisibleStonethM
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Male User Gallery

Loc: No where ville, USA Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #546805 - 04/15/11 08:20 PM (13 years, 13 days ago)

Quote:

Harry_Ba11sach said:
I think it's a flawed experiment. Feed your plants 5x the suggested dosage of ANY nutrient and see what happens :shrug:

QFT!!!

--------------------
:getstoned:

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals