Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: drip system - seedlings - deficiency question [Re: stara]
    #802382 - 12/29/15 08:26 PM (8 years, 3 months ago)

Top them now or don't they will be fine and grow good either way. The time of day isn't gonna make any difference what so ever.

If  your having burning on the leaves back of the nutrient strength a little bit more. When the plants age is measured in weeks there is only so much nutrient that they need at this point. 

:happyweed:

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinestara
Stranger

Re: drip system - seedlings - deficiency question [Re: Magash]
    #802585 - 01/03/16 03:40 AM (8 years, 3 months ago)

Now they look like this. I changed the reservoir yesterday after 10 days. Dropped the EC from 1 to 0,7 as some lower leaves have burnt a bit (its been 7 weeks from seed till now) I feel like in place of burnt leaves the plant try to burst new leaves in the lower part. These side nodes will be trained too, right? I mean under the scrog? Or should I remove them to make the plant focus on the part which is topped? Here in this guide they remove the lower leaves leaving one healthy leaf for photosynthesis:
http://www.growweedeasy.com/manifold

I think I should wait till the new nodes where I topped the plant will grow a bit and then bend them and top them again right? To have more colas to use under the scrog? Would you have other advices? And is the place where I topped  the place I will put the net right on it ? Because from there on I will go horizontally. (I hope so:))

Thanks again:)

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #802864 - 01/08/16 01:07 AM (8 years, 3 months ago)

:thumbup:

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

Offlinestara
Stranger

#803411 - 01/17/16 11:00 AM (8 years, 3 months ago)

Hello again:)

I improved the circular drips; now the drips are feeding circular from 6 different holes for one.The previous system had some problems and I thought before having salt built up I would rather solve the problem. I dropped the ec to 0,5. (I think with 250 MH the plants only can use this amount of nutrients, is it correct if I say more light means more nutirent consumption - assuming one has the same healthy roots? For getting the sense)

I took some more pictures, it's the end of the 9th week.

This is the view before scrog.

And this is the view after mounting the scrog. Before tucking.

After tucking:

What do you think, any recommendations?
One of the plants is not very fast so may be I should remove it completely to save space for the aggressive ones right?
And what about the lower side branches under the net. Should I clean them with time or all at once?
Aaaaand as for the lower leaves, I should cut the ones without cola and with scissors right?If yes.

Thanks for any feedbacks... :thanx:

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: drip system - seedlings - deficiency question [Re: stara] * 1
    #803420 - 01/17/16 12:47 PM (8 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

is it correct if I say more light means more nutirent consumption - assuming one has the same healthy roots? For getting the sense)

Yes it's true. I have actually had plants closer to the lights able to handle a certain nutrient but plants that didn't get as much light got crinkly leaves and stuff. They didn't burn but they did look like the plants further from the light were getting close.

everything looks like it's progressing nicely :thumbup:

--------------------

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Loc: Earth (mostly) Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #803440 - 01/17/16 04:00 PM (8 years, 3 months ago)

I used a hot nail to clean the holes up in my drip rings after drilling them, they've been fairly reliable that way.

The faster you can grow a plant the more nutrients it can handle--i.e. more light = faster growth.

Lower branches usually go right when I put them into flower, and about 2-3 weeks in they get lower branches removed. No removing top colas within a week of flower, you want strong and dominant colas ready to flower, otherwise you'll get tiny buds that were never able to develop fully.

I do not remove shade leaves without taking its associated branch (for every shade leaf there is a node/branch) unless they're old and dying.

The art of trimming your plant is something you need to master. You can have a huge yield difference if you learn your plants needs and treat it right.

--------------------
Any help given is for educational purposes only. Its your responsibility not to break any applicable laws
Bamboo Bongs I make | Perfect Dry and Cure | Grapegod under LED
“Human beings, vegetables, or cosmic dust, we all dance to a mysterious tune intoned in the distance by an invisible player.” ~ Albert Einstein

Offlinestara
Stranger

Re: drip system - seedlings - deficiency question [Re: phychotron]
    #803482 - 01/18/16 03:35 AM (8 years, 3 months ago)

thanks a lot for feedbacks, I hope Ill get the sense without screwing to much:)

Offlinestara
Stranger

#804135 - 01/24/16 12:37 PM (8 years, 3 months ago)

Hello again,

10th week ended. And I tucked the ladies a bit. I broke one of the branches and taped the place where it broke... After that now Im a bit more careful :frown: I removed the slow weak plant behind left and I try to fill its space with the other branches.

I dont know what to do with the cola in the back of the tent which is strecting. Sometimes I think everything is directing to the sides of the canopy so I start to get nervous for the center. :smile: Do you bend the branches forward and then back or u shapes?

And my second question is: should I switch to 12-12 or should I wait for the sides to fill? These are white widow and superskunk. May be some advices?

Thanks for any feedback! Have fun...

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #804144 - 01/24/16 02:31 PM (8 years, 3 months ago)

If your space is getting filled then cut the lights back. The plants are gonna stretch during flowering for the first 2 to 4 weeks or so.

You can bend the branches anyway you want or need to in order to fill the space properly as long as you don't snap them.

--------------------

Offlinestara
Stranger

#804247 - 01/25/16 11:58 AM (8 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Magash said:
If your space is getting filled then cut the lights back. The plants are gonna stretch during flowering for the first 2 to 4 weeks or so.

If I cut the lights back they strecth right, is it to make them strech and tuck them faster?

Thanks!

Offlinestara
Stranger

#805231 - 02/03/16 02:30 PM (8 years, 2 months ago)

Hello again,

Now its the end of the 12th week. I switched to flowering 4 days ago.

PH 5,8 - 6,1. EC 0,6. (the same as veg. stage but I use flora trio and changing smoothly to blooming percentages (chart of GH) Dropped the humidity to %45. It can go to %30 without humidifier so Im gonna drop it slowly. Temps are 20-21 C night and 25-28 day.  Veg light was 250 watt MH, now I switched to 400 watt dual spectrum for flowering. Philips here:

http://www.hydroponics.eu/grow-lamp-sont-plus-400w-philips-bloom~1441.html

I added a bit H2O2 for algae 40 ml %3 with the rez change.And after that 10 ml everyday  to clean the algae and stuff.(its been 4 days and the roots look to grow faster; may be a coincidence I dont know)

Im adding weekly canna rhizotonic in small doses.

I also started to add sensizym 4 days ago.

I change the rez weekly...

My questions:

- Should I use 600 watt HPS for the last stages of flowering to boost the ladies. May be a special lamp only for blooming? (not dual)

- Would it be a mistake to cut the H2O2 after this week to let some beneficial organisms appear again or spread. Is sensizym effected by H2O2 btw?

- The on/off buton of the humidifier has a very tiny weak blue light.:smile: Do you think it will shock the plants while the lights off?

- After this week Im planning to add canna boost and at one point canna pk. Do you think it will work with flora trio? Actually I bought a bottle of Big Bud two months ago(advanced nutrients) but I made a research and now I changed my mind to pay for canna boost and see what happens. Please correct me if Im bullshiting. :smile:

Thanks for any feedback, I hope I will finish healthy...:smile:

This is the final pic:

InvisibleStonethM
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Male User Gallery

Loc: No where ville, USA Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #805273 - 02/04/16 10:16 AM (8 years, 2 months ago)

[quote- Should I use 600 watt HPS for the last stages of flowering to boost the ladies. May be a special lamp only for blooming? (not dual)]

If you want the biggest yield you can get, then yes switch to the 600 hps.  As for bulb I recommend only the sper hps from either Ultra Sun or Hortilux.

Quote:

- Would it be a mistake to cut the H2O2 after this week to let some beneficial organisms appear again or spread. Is sensizym effected by H2O2 btw?

Dropping the h2o2 shouldn't be an issue.  I myself have never used it nor do I plan on it.  Don't know if it effects the sensizym.

Quote:

- The on/off buton of the humidifier has a very tiny weak blue light.:smile: Do you think it will shock the plants while the lights off?

I'd tape that light over.  I've seen less cause problems.

Quote:

- After this week Im planning to add canna boost and at one point canna pk. Do you think it will work with flora trio? Actually I bought a bottle of Big Bud two months ago(advanced nutrients) but I made a research and now I changed my mind to pay for canna boost and see what happens. Please correct me if Im bullshiting. :smile:

I don't know enough about the canna products to help ya here.  I myself use the General Hydroponics boosters liuid and dry Koolbloom.

--------------------
:getstoned:

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Trusted Cultivator
Re: drip system - seedlings - deficiency question [Re: Stoneth]
    #805304 - 02/04/16 02:48 PM (8 years, 2 months ago)

Cannaboost does work, but you have to pay a shit ton for it. I like using the generic from MBFerts.com and getting a 5L bottle of CannaBoost ($500) and a 5L bottle of Rhizotonic ($200) for about $60.

I actually get better results because I can afford to use it full strength.

It should work with any base nutrient. I give PK for 10 days starting week 4(or when/until they look like they need it, when they're getting ready to explode in growth.)

--------------------
Any help given is for educational purposes only. Its your responsibility not to break any applicable laws
“Human beings, vegetables, or cosmic dust, we all dance to a mysterious tune intoned in the distance by an invisible player.” ~ Albert Einstein

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #805305 - 02/04/16 03:17 PM (8 years, 2 months ago)

The more light the better

Cut the H2o2. You should only do that for a few days at most. Like I said before if you kill the bad things your killing the good.

At this stage instead of using sensizym just pile up your money and burn it. Same thing and it saves the drive of picking it up. :crazy2: Just kidding but you don't need the sensizym.

Quote:

The on/off buton of the humidifier has a very tiny weak blue light.:smile: Do you think it will shock the plants while the lights off?

If your not making clones a humidifier has no place in growing. Remember where these plants come from and that is mainly Afghanistan, Mexico and so on and none of those places is known for their humidity. I'm in the Cali desert and I don't ad humidity and have no problems at all. The plants are under 10% humidity all summer long even indoors.

--------------------

Offlinestara
Stranger

#805333 - 02/05/16 03:28 AM (8 years, 2 months ago)

Thanks for feedbacks:)

I cut the H2O2 and humidifier.

Ill get canna boost and a 600 watt bulb that I can find with the best lumens and red sprectrum for the final phases. (MB ferts looks great if its really the same ...unfortunately its not suitable for me geographically...)

I already burned my money so what can I do other than putting the shit inside the rez. like a consumer monster.:smile:) With your help Ill be cutting the extras for the next try so thanks for that, so are sensizym products a lie or are they for a specific purpose - situation that I dont have?Is it bad to pour it in anyway?

Magash btw., I think you have great results with the plants because you beat them very hard to make them strong. :smile:) I grew my stuff with communication and love...:grin: Ill try to be less fragile in the future after learning the limits.

To everyone, have a nice happy day!

Offlinestara
Stranger

#805988 - 02/14/16 06:07 PM (8 years, 2 months ago)

Hello again,

Now it's the end of flowering week 2. I had one week of adaptation with 12/12 - the flora chart micro=gro=bloom and the second week with low Nitrogen (7,5micro, 2,5 gro, 10 bloom).
For the last week Ive started to add canna boost (60ml) and like from the start rhizotonic (decreased to 40 ml).
Im making the PH 6,1 and one day later it sinks to 5,6.
EC is now 0,9 for the last week and I plan to increase it 0,1 point every week from now on.
The plants stretched a bit and start to form some white hairs.
The humidity is %45-%50.
I found some questions to ask again. :smile:

- Do you think they will stretch more and not fit in the cabinet; the most stretching is happening in the first two weeks of the flowering right? As seen from the pictures I have max. 1 foot height left for the cooltube. :smile: I hope it wont be a jungle. :smile:

- Do I have a lot of colas for the space what do you think? Will it gonna work with this crowd the yield and humidity for the last weeks.

- I have tied and bended one aggressive cola this doesnt harm it right? May be I will need to use this for others in the future if correct.

Would you have other advices? Any feedbacks to make me aware of some potential risks Ill appreciate? I know it's hard to guess from a distance but if there are obvious things you can pick from the photos...

Thank you  all, have a great day!:crazy2::smile::thanx:

InvisibleStonethM
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Male User Gallery

Loc: No where ville, USA Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #805990 - 02/14/16 06:30 PM (8 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

- Do you think they will stretch more and not fit in the cabinet; the most stretching is happening in the first two weeks of the flowering right? As seen from the pictures I have max. 1 foot height left for the cooltube. :smile: I hope it wont be a jungle. :smile:

Some strains will stretch for upwards of 5 weeks, 3 to 4 weeks is about the average stretch time.

Quote:

- Do I have a lot of colas for the space what do you think? Will it gonna work with this crowd the yield and humidity for the last weeks.

Looks good to me.

Quote:

- I have tied and bended one aggressive cola this doesnt harm it right? May be I will need to use this for others in the future if correct.

Just do your best not to break any,and you're golden.  If one breaks use duct tape as a band aid.

--------------------
:getstoned:

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: drip system - seedlings - deficiency question [Re: Stoneth]
    #805998 - 02/14/16 07:38 PM (8 years, 2 months ago)

Everything looks killer to me. I can't offer any advise that Stoneth hasn't already covered. Pretty much time to just let them do their thing until harvest.:thumbup:

--------------------

Offlinestara
Stranger

#806009 - 02/15/16 04:42 AM (8 years, 2 months ago)

great thanks a lot again...
just a bit more patience, love and may be some angels to protect them :smile:) - will be enough then  :smile:

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Trusted Cultivator
    #806066 - 02/16/16 06:21 PM (8 years, 2 months ago)

That plant doesn't look like its going to stretch much more. Pinching and tying the stems is the easiest solution to slow stretching down. It helps strengthen the stalk when it repairs itself.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds