Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleStonethM
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Male User Gallery

Loc: No where ville, USA Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: drip system - seedlings - deficiency question [Re: stara]
    #809724 - 04/05/16 03:02 PM (7 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

but you gotta see how the strain responds to it.

Indeed.
Watch for nanner's when pushing over time.
Right many plants will herm if pushed for to long.

--------------------
:getstoned:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: drip system - seedlings - deficiency question [Re: Stoneth]
    #809882 - 04/06/16 07:06 PM (7 years, 11 months ago)

You should be harvesting your plants now. You are already hurting the quality of your crop.

Quote:

I wait but I dont want to be late either sooo thanks a lot!:smile:

To late for that. Now if you're going to flush you're going to have to keep your eyes open for hermie flowers.

:happyweed:

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

Offlinestara
Stranger

Re: drip system - seedlings - deficiency question [Re: Magash]
    #810846 - 04/14/16 04:59 PM (7 years, 11 months ago)

Hello guys again, I made a patience cure for myself; I said to myself dont panic and dont ask silly questions because you cant wait a week more.:smile: but you wrote some important things here I didnt see them till now. :smile:

Actually I was checking the trichomes for getting milky. They started to get milky now a bit more. I think some rare amber small heads but not with every bud. I also tested a bud with one day drying and it makes still head high not very physical effect. I think my plants roots have some salt build up problems so the plants are slow in my opinion. (compared to your high performing plants:)) I flush the roots with water to get rid of salt build up every 4-5 days one hour flushing and they eat a lot of food after that. After 4-5 days the nutrient intake is stopping. Is this wrong? EC is 0,5 now but my max EC for the whole grow was 1.

What do you think about them? Do you think I screwed it.? I was planning to start flushing them tommorrow. And in between they will rip fully I have guessed. Now with your comments here should I flush for only one week? Should I forget to expect more amber trichomes and harvest anyway soon.? I would be glad to do that tired of waiting. :smile: I dont want early picked weak high though. So your feedbacks will be golden.

Thanks a lot again!

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Loc: Earth (mostly) Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #810850 - 04/14/16 05:20 PM (7 years, 11 months ago)

looks like it should be a great harvest

--------------------
Any help given is for educational purposes only. Its your responsibility not to break any applicable laws
Bamboo Bongs I make | Perfect Dry and Cure | Grapegod under LED
“Human beings, vegetables, or cosmic dust, we all dance to a mysterious tune intoned in the distance by an invisible player.” ~ Albert Einstein

Offlinestara
Stranger

Re: drip system - seedlings - deficiency question [Re: phychotron]
    #810854 - 04/14/16 05:28 PM (7 years, 11 months ago)

thanks a lot! so no worries no panic not late yet? :smile:) May I still flush for 2 weeks more? Or may be some 4 days more with nuts and a 2 week flush. Too much? :smile: Im scared of moving early. :smile:

InvisibleStonethM
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #810862 - 04/14/16 07:21 PM (7 years, 11 months ago)

Their done imo.
Four day flush at most I'd cut and be happy.

--------------------

Offlinestara
Stranger

#810903 - 04/15/16 06:25 AM (7 years, 11 months ago)

Thanks Stoneth really calming comment:))) I really appreciate.

Sorry to be still in doubt but I cant show you macros or sth for trichomes that's why Im also trying to be sure a bit more. :smile: Is it so obvious to you that they are done. :smile: even without seeing trichomes.? Isnt it possible for such looking plant to get more cloudy trichomes whatever I do or how long more I wait? After some point the trend is towards degrading and according to pics you say this time is already passing right? (and may be I cant recognize the trichomes that's also a possibility:))

My last questions I hope:) Thanks... my last efforts to pollinate:))

And a second question of mine will be, I harvest the whole plant at one time then? With this comments I assume that the buds under the canopy will also be ok then if it's already late, right?

:thanx:

Offlinestara
Stranger

#810947 - 04/15/16 05:29 PM (7 years, 11 months ago)

I started the flushing...
I was running the drips 30 minutes on 1 hour off till now.
Now I made the ph of the water 6,2. Should I change it to 24/7 or leave it as it is, any advice would be appreciated.
Thanks again...

Have great time!

InvisibleStonethM
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #810967 - 04/15/16 08:02 PM (7 years, 11 months ago)

No need to change up the watering times.

--------------------

InvisibleNevar44
Stranger

Loc: west/east WA
    #810981 - 04/15/16 11:14 PM (7 years, 11 months ago)

Man, I wanna go hydro soon... Maybe a bucket to start just one

Looks good! :smile:

Four day flush aye? Interesting, at least some people understand how to grow around here lol...

I think I flush  go ten days w my pure happy frog soil grow. No added perlite. Cec fairly high run off is above 999ppm. Prob will pull on full moon after all

U could always experiment w ur flush time, pull some later than others

If u have nute toxicity in future grows, which u DID NOT have this grow.. that could affect how long ud wanna flush

--------------------
Reishi For Cannabis??

This is exactly how I grow

Trade List

InvisibleNevar44
Stranger

Loc: west/east WA
Re: drip system - seedlings - deficiency question [Re: Nevar44]
    #810983 - 04/15/16 11:18 PM (7 years, 11 months ago)

I read somewhere that some white widow phenos don't shine until week 13-14 when they amber up input??

--------------------
Reishi For Cannabis??

This is exactly how I grow

Trade List

Offlinestara
Stranger

Re: drip system - seedlings - deficiency question [Re: Nevar44]
    #810987 - 04/16/16 06:15 AM (7 years, 11 months ago)

Stoneth, thanks again man!

Nevar, thanks, I dont know but now I can see a few %15-20 small amber heads with magnifier. Hope my pheno is not that way. I will look at how long I will be able to flush. I used light feeding the plant didnt need more and I tasted one quick dried small bud few days ago and it's not very harsh we will see the rest.
Hydro is good to try if you are watching the plants. May be next Ill be trying flood and drain it makes me feel that it's making the roots spread more in the medium. This forum is filled with very good growers and at the same time cool people that's true:) A lot of thanks again to everyone sharing knowledge!

Offlinestara
Stranger

#812242 - 05/01/16 04:47 PM (7 years, 10 months ago)

Hey there...

Final yield of 3 plants  : 378 gram... (2 dinafem white widow (yielded better) - 1 sensi superskunk)
Main harvest: 250 gram - flowering day:83 (1 week flush)
128 from the lower buds: 128 gram - flowering day:89 (13 day flush)

Thanks everyone for helping me... A sweet memory :wink:

:cool::iloveyou::smile:

Hope to meet next time!:crazy2::thumbup:

Have great time till then!

InvisibleStonethM
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #812248 - 05/01/16 09:28 PM (7 years, 10 months ago)

:thumbup::awesome:

--------------------

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Trusted Cultivator
    #812265 - 05/02/16 11:45 AM (7 years, 10 months ago)

Awesome

--------------------
Any help given is for educational purposes only. Its your responsibility not to break any applicable laws
“Human beings, vegetables, or cosmic dust, we all dance to a mysterious tune intoned in the distance by an invisible player.” ~ Albert Einstein

Offlinestara
Stranger

#812277 - 05/02/16 02:31 PM (7 years, 10 months ago)

Thanks:) now Im waiting a few weeks to get the benefits of curing. In mason jars %80 filled. Im planning to wait until 3 weeks of curing I think at some point the inner wet parts will also dry. I hope:)

The logic behind curing is drying slowly right? And transformations in selaed environment... With mine the buds are not dry anymore to the touch, not wet but still sticky. Inner parts still moist. The high comes a bit delayed. :smile: How long does it take to say 'ok now they are acceptable nice? Just curious :rolleyes: And to not screw at this point.

Thanks again...:smile:

:smoker:

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Trusted Cultivator
    #812368 - 05/03/16 10:19 AM (7 years, 10 months ago)

When your drying your bud out its super flavorful for the first week then dries to proper moisture and looses the flavor for about two weeks before coming back slowly over the course of a month or two.  I think 2 months is the peak, 6 is also nice but the flavors start to transform and age. You'll start to loose some terpene flavor and gain another (aged/developed flavor).

Ordered a bunch of cheap mini hygrometers for $1.40 each. I got them the other day, mostly because I suspected that I left a little too much moisture in the jars when I sealed them and sure enough, most were in the high 60%. cheap and not very accurate (within 5%) but work for what they do.

If you get a bunch of them you can calibrate them to each other, and test with damp table salt inside a sealed bag--it will hold rH at %75. And they're pretty fast too, within a few seconds of being in the jar it starts to change change.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/281997841045?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

--------------------

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Trusted Cultivator
    #812370 - 05/03/16 10:27 AM (7 years, 10 months ago)

Ideally you will have your buds to the perfect moisture level before you jar them, otherwise you get that crispy on top, dank bud at the bottom effect.  Its best to have all the buds 'dry' to the same degree so they are redistributing moisture from the inside of the bud to the out, not from the bottom of the jar to the top, one bud to another.

Keep your nug sizes consistent so they are the same moisture level and have the same moisture retaining properties. Leafy bud will dry out nuggets because they will dry faster and suck the moisture out of the buds to compensate. And as fun as it is to have big fat colas I've started breaking the larger buds up too since they don't dry properly with a fat main stem in the center. If you want to keep your large buds large, keep them separated from the smaller stuff and make sure to dry it thoroughly. It sucks pulling a nug off the stem only to find its got white fuzz in the center.

--------------------

Offlinestara
Stranger

#812382 - 05/03/16 12:49 PM (7 years, 10 months ago)

Great detailed info thanks man... I will check it. :thanx::wink:

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder