Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineeos666
Stranger
recirculating drip feed setup - some questions
    #687654 - 10/05/13 05:46 AM (10 years, 5 months ago)

im upgrading my system right now to a recirc. drip feed (growsystem airpot)

1) is it OK to continue using soil in this system? id like to cause im used to it but i can also switch to smth else like clay pebbles
2) if i continue to use soil, what nutrient should I use? will canna aqua work with soil?
3) whats a recommended watering schedule for soil in such a system?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineTank333
Psychotic Hippie
Male User Gallery

Loc: Washington
Re: recirculating drip feed setup - some questions [Re: eos666]
    #687746 - 10/05/13 06:02 PM (10 years, 5 months ago)

Don't do soil in a recirculating system. Is your system like this one right here? If so, you could do coco or hydroton, or I think you could do perlite (but I don't know if I would recommend that). I'm sure there's a few other mediums you could use, but those are the most popular ones.

I MAY be wrong, you might be able to do soil in those pots. I've never really seen anyone doing that in a system like that, but it may be doable. I'm not sure about having it as a "recirculating" system though. I would think that the soil would leave a lot of particles in your nutrient water, and that could clog things in your system. Drip lines like those are really easy to clog, and its easy to miss something like that until your plant is suffering for it... I would rather do it drain to waste than recirc.

--------------------
My best run so far

OfflineTomCollins

Re: recirculating drip feed setup - some questions [Re: Tank333]
    #687787 - 10/06/13 06:37 AM (10 years, 5 months ago)

Before you go with coco, see if your drip irrigation system has an inline filter... if it doesn't, little tiny coco fibers will probably start to clog up your drip lines pretty soon.

I think Perlite and vermiculite are one of the best combos in recirculating systems and hydro in general; the runoff is always very clean since the substrate doesn't incrementally wash down during feeding (which is what would happen if you used soil). Moreover, the perl/verm combo has great properties for root propagation. 

On the down side, when you handle perlite it get's everywhere and it is not safe to handle at all without a face mask or better yet a respirator. So if you want to avoid any or those hassels, then I would go with hydroton - it's meant to be simple.

--------------------
andyistic said:
Ok so let me bring you idiots up to speed.
The admins are tired of this shitfest being made the joke of the weed community on the Internet.

Offlineeos666
Stranger
Re: recirculating drip feed setup - some questions [Re: TomCollins]
    #687799 - 10/06/13 01:57 PM (10 years, 5 months ago)

You guys are right its a d2w system not recirc

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate