Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineDr. Awesome

new aeroponic fogger setup.
    #349950 - 01/18/10 11:43 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

hey guys. i just built a couple of aeroponic systems. one is a full scale model with 14 total growing sites, the other is a smaller 20 site cloning unit.  i will get some pics up asap, but for now i will have to describe the setups.  ok, so first off, we'll start with the cloner.  seemed to run into some troubles with it.  not sure if it is a design flaw or not.  i bought a single head fountain fog unit.  it produces a nice thick fog even enough to run the full size unit. 
.  so i put it in last night, cut some clones, 10 pineapple express, 10 bubblegun, and this morning, they were all wilted and limp.  except for a few.  turns out they were the ones directly over top of the fogger unit.  i just made a modified setup using a humidity dome.  used neoprene sleeves to support the clones in the fog chamber.  so im wondering if there is some kind of design flaw, but i don't see what could possibly be wrong there.  my guess is that the fog just isn't enough to sustain the clones until actual roots start to develop.  can anyone confirm or deny this?

the main aeroponic system i designed (again, pics are coming soon) is designed to hold 14 plants.  which i plan on keeping rather small, since they are close together, in a sea of green style setup. basically as soon as the clones have a decent set of roots on them, or they hit 6-8" tall i want to start flowering. 
the main fog chamber is just one of those under the bed sterilite containers you get at walmart, holes cut in the lid for the neoprene disks naturally.  i installed a drain and it sit over top of another reservoir which holds about 10 gallons give or take.  there is a pump that feed water up thru the drain hole, and fills a small cup set to overflow at the optimal level for the fog unit.  the fogger manages to fill the chamber with dense fog in roughly 3-4 mins.  i also have an aquarium air pump with a hose going into the chamber to help agitate the fog.  it doesn't take much air flow to move fog :wink:  assuming everything works according to my design, and i cant see any reason why it wouldn't, i will be creating a grow log for these.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineTheShroomJew23
The Chemist
Male

Re: new aeroponic fogger setup. [Re: Dr. Awesome]
    #350002 - 01/19/10 01:15 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

I think with the addition of the dome your clones should fair better. Also, you might need one fogger on each side. Pics would help alot too, like include the inside and outside.

--------------------

OfflineDr. Awesome

Re: new aeroponic fogger setup. [Re: TheShroomJew23]
    #350024 - 01/19/10 01:30 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

oh yes, i forgot to mention that. there was in fact a dome over top of the clones as well.  the only conclusion i am able to come to is that the fog just isn't enough to sustain newly cut clones until they have developed roots of their own.  pics will be coming.  i'll try to remember to take the pics tomorrow so everyone can see what im talking about.

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #350275 - 01/19/10 04:52 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

well I'm not sure about the fogger, but I know with most aero clone systems you do not want a humidity dome over your cuttings.

--------------------

MFDoom666: sobriety kills my buzz every time.

OfflineDr. Awesome

Re: new aeroponic fogger setup. [Re: coda]
    #351033 - 01/20/10 09:13 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

dunno what to make of it right now.  i forgot to get pics.  is there any reason why not to have a dome over them?

Invisiblejwes420
Support Legalization!
 User Gallery

Loc: NE Great Lake Region
    #354531 - 01/28/10 01:44 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

addition of the dome your clones should fair better.

Quote:

well I'm not sure about the fogger, but I know with most aero clone systems you do not want a humidity dome over your cuttings.

Quote:

is there any reason why not to have a dome over them?

:ranchydance:

What is the difference between not using a humidity lid on an aero, and any other clone chamber?

I've found that the two differentials of; dome VS aero-naked, was that it...... didn't matter too much, depending on circumstance.
What did matter................. was whether there was a jobless hippy, with nothing better to do but watch the 'grass grow', or some poor, slappy fucker that...AGAINST HIS WILL!!!......had to go to work.........daily!
:chong:

--------------------

.........."And You Will Come to Find, that WE are ALL, ONE MIND.....
.....Capable of ALL that's IMAGINED, and ALL That's CONCIEVABLE.....

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Loc: Nepal Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: new aeroponic fogger setup. [Re: jwes420]
    #354602 - 01/28/10 04:29 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

so who cloned better? the jobless hippy or the guy with a future?

--------------------

Invisiblejwes420
Support Legalization!
 User Gallery

Loc: NE Great Lake Region
Re: new aeroponic fogger setup. [Re: Harry_Ba11sach]
    #354650 - 01/28/10 06:17 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

:rofl2::getstoned:

--------------------

.........."And You Will Come to Find, that WE are ALL, ONE MIND.....
.....Capable of ALL that's IMAGINED, and ALL That's CONCIEVABLE.....

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #355102 - 01/29/10 08:46 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

My question to you is if there is just the fog how are the clones suppose to take in the water. It would literely have to condensate on the stem and drip down to the cut where it can take in the water. Your gonna have to spray them down a lot with this setup.

Myself I like the way the fog setup look and stuff it's all futuristic looking and stuff but from what I've seen for results so far they don't do a single thing better then the current setups do. If the power goes out and your not home the plants drop like a rock.

So as far as foggers go I'm into the look but not really into them as a system to grow plants with.

Now Dr Awesome make me eat my words :thumbup: (I'm hoping you do, we need a new way of growing things are getting boring.)

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Loc: Nepal Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #355384 - 01/30/10 10:56 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

jwes420 said:
:rofl2::getstoned:

No but I'm seriously asking you

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom