Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineJeff Funk
 User Gallery

Aerponic veg setup. Is 15mins on 15mins off too much?
    #317057 - 11/16/09 11:33 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

I currently have my aero cloner and veg set to alternate between 15mins on and 15mins off. Is this too much for vegging females?

--------------------
@Str8dankgenetics

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineTheShroomJew23
The Chemist
Male

Re: Aerponic veg setup. Is 15mins on 15mins off too much? [Re: Jeff Funk]
    #317083 - 11/17/09 12:20 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

I do shorter cycles but more frequently, like on 3 off 6, thats where I dialed mine in so that the pump wouldnt burn out.

--------------------

Offline81renaissance
Coachella '13 KKOTY
Male

Loc: State of Mind Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Aerponic veg setup. Is 15mins on 15mins off too much? (moved) [Re: Jeff Funk]
    #317242 - 11/17/09 11:36 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

This thread was moved from Marijuana Cultivation.

Reason:
Better fit in the Hydro sub-forum

OfflineTomCollins

#317274 - 11/17/09 12:31 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

I don't think so Jeff. Honestly the best way to tell is to see how the plants react.

I'm hydroponic and have never used an aeroponic system before, so it's a little hard to compare, but one thing I have discovered during my first grow is just the un-explainable, un-justifiable and just absolutely insane thirst the plants have, especially when they get larger!

I've read that if you use fine mist sprayers, you can actually just leave it on all the time. Logically speaking, it seems to me it would be very similar to a DWC system. In the sense that the roots are submerged in highly aerated water at all times, and a fine mist sprayer would do a hell of a job aerating your water. So that's some food for thought. So yeah, shroomjew you should do that considering how frequently you run your cycles. :tongue:

I've also read that if you use sprayers instead of misters you should only do half an hour sprays. The roots need a little time to dry up just a little and get that oxygen. So yeah shroomjew, you might want to reduce your cycles to something like 30sec on, 5 min off if your using sprayers. That's what guys who like the quick cycles do I think. :tongue:

Quote:

TheShroomJew23 said:
I do shorter cycles but more frequently, like on 3 off 6, thats where I dialed mine in so that the pump wouldnt burn out.

DO NOT WORRY about your pump burning out. That is silly!

Most water pumps are built to run non-stop for years. My reservoir pump and the pump on my biofiltre are both designed to run continuously non-stop. One pump has a 5 year guarantee, the other has a 3 year.

Here's pictures of them:

So as you can see, the size range is HUGE! Yet both are built to run continuously for years. So don't worry about your pump burning out. In fact, it's not always good to turn electronics on and off continuously - my father always told me that. Not sure if it's true. Just do not let the pumps run dry!! That will burn out your pump!

The only reason some people don't run the pumps constantly is because the solution is suppose to stay pretty cool. So running the pump very frequently could in fact screw up your roots a little. Shroomjew, might wanna check on that as well. :tongue:

I don't think your plants are getting too much, and your cycles sound alright to me. If they are, they will let you know, but I'm almost certain they'll be fine. :smile:

Edited by TomCollins (11/17/09 01:09 PM)

OfflineJeff Funk
 User Gallery

Re: Aerponic veg setup. Is 15mins on 15mins off too much? [Re: TomCollins]
    #317331 - 11/17/09 01:28 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Cool thanks for the info guys. And I use the ez clone sprayers in my setup.

--------------------
@Str8dankgenetics

Offlineazshroomer
Medical Marijuana Cultivator

Loc: Nor-Cal
    #319216 - 11/20/09 03:44 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

4-5 mins off, 1 min on.

--------------------
Check out my Grow The Growery teks!
:gethigh: Building Your Grow Room:gethigh:
:gethigh: Make Your Own Aeroponic Cloner:gethigh:
:gethigh: Make Your Own Aeroponic Veg System:gethigh:
:gethigh: Make Your Own True Grow Room:gethigh:
:gethigh: Make Your Own Aeroponic Flower System (COMING SOON):gethigh:

Offlineeyegood38
Mr.
Loc: Flag
    #492224 - 10/26/10 11:53 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

That's what mine is set at. Simply because that's as low as the timer allows me to do so. Works great... want proof? ill post pics =)

OfflinekeepITLegalFellas
airo trials
 User Gallery

Re: Aerponic veg setup. Is 15mins on 15mins off too much? [Re: eyegood38]
    #493562 - 10/30/10 05:57 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

I am using this right now because I had a timer failure and waiting on replacement.  It will work, but no where as fast or not as good success ratio    from my experience.

--------------------
I do not condone or condemn.  This is my disclaimer, as all my post are complete fiction.  Furthurmore any reason for lurking here is swim's and does not concern me.

OfflinekeepITLegalFellas
airo trials
 User Gallery

Re: Aerponic veg setup. Is 15mins on 15mins off too much? [Re: keepITLegalFellas]
    #493564 - 10/30/10 06:01 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

I use the NFT-1e but, its pricey.  4mins off 1 minute on takes 3 prong plug and the speed they were growing was amazing.  Plus on my 15/15 I had to drop to 2500 ppm from 3000.  Im using Andvance Nutes with a bloom booster with carbs.

--------------------
I do not condone or condemn.  This is my disclaimer, as all my post are complete fiction.  Furthurmore any reason for lurking here is swim's and does not concern me.

Invisiblemaryanne3087
Stranger
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Aerponic veg setup. Is 15mins on 15mins off too much? [Re: keepITLegalFellas]
    #494244 - 11/02/10 03:27 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

You run 2500 PPM/3.6 EC nutrients? What exactly are you growing?

OfflinekeepITLegalFellas
airo trials
 User Gallery

Re: Aerponic veg setup. Is 15mins on 15mins off too much? [Re: maryanne3087]
    #494964 - 11/04/10 09:26 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

It's something we used to call spreadneck. Its more suited to outdoors as am I.  But since I wanted to stay legal I decided to grow 12 monsters

--------------------

Invisiblemaryanne3087
Stranger
Trusted Cultivator
    #495000 - 11/04/10 12:19 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Running 3.6EC nutes?

What nutrients do you use?

Offlineeyegood38
Mr.
Loc: Flag
    #495552 - 11/05/10 07:00 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Lol, I am simply amazed at how much people go into great detail when growing their plants....

They are weeds guys. The will grow in spite of you regardless of what nutes you use, or what tips you use, or how long the water is on/off.

The huge difference is hydroponic vs. dirt grow.

Go check out my 2nd grow. You'll see what I mean. All of them were started at the same time.

Invisiblemaryanne3087
Stranger
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Aerponic veg setup. Is 15mins on 15mins off too much? [Re: eyegood38]
    #495570 - 11/05/10 08:48 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

eyegood38 said:
Lol, I am simply amazed at how much people go into great detail when growing their plants....

They are weeds guys. The will grow in spite of you regardless of what nutes you use, or what tips you use, or how long the water is on/off.

The huge difference is hydroponic vs. dirt grow.

Go check out my 2nd grow. You'll see what I mean. All of them were started at the same time.

I am simply amazed at how much people believe cannabis is a weed, and diligence isn't needed when feeding and maintaining it. I don't know what you mean by tips or water is on/off. I assume you mean the plants won't care much for the interval their roots stay misted or dry. I'm interested in how long you can leave your roots dry without any medium without losing your crop.

InvisibleCrayolaHalls
Dreams of Oceans
Male

Re: Aerponic veg setup. Is 15mins on 15mins off too much? [Re: TomCollins]
    #495665 - 11/06/10 08:55 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Spency said:

In fact, it's not always good to turn electronics on and off continuously - my father always told me that. Not sure if it's true.

I can't comment on the aeroponic aspects of your message, but I can confirm that frequent cycling will cause wear on most pumps and motors.  Each time the motor starts there is resistance to overcome.  The load of beginning to move is higher than maintaining steady movement. 

This is somewhat negligible on smaller pumps and motors.  It is usually an issue on large pumps and motors with heavy loads.  It is frequently overcome by using soft-starters or drives with programmable starting sequences.  In-rush current issues are also a factor on larger pieces of equipment.

In theory, your dad was right.  In practice, on pumps for small hydroponic tables the switching is most likely not going to be an issue unless it is very rapid on/off.

--------------------
I am not a cannabis grower.  I find the cannabis growers to be the most open to experimenting and sharing out of all of the different botany groups I enjoy.  I frequently use the suggestions that I find to apply to own organic gardening and food production.

OfflinekeepITLegalFellas
airo trials
 User Gallery

Re: Aerponic veg setup. Is 15mins on 15mins off too much? [Re: maryanne3087]
    #499412 - 11/19/10 12:36 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Advanced nutrients-    Sensi grow, Sensi Bloom, Bud candy and Final Phase for flushing.  Have moved everything into coco and I'm looking for a better timer.  I have had 3 of these fail now.  Cut Nutrients by 2/3 when went into fresh new orchid growers choice coco.  Mothers in Ocean Forest by Foxfarm and for the most part dont require much attention.  This soil seems to work great in a "smart pot" for me.  I'm using much more of a pot needed because I dont want but 1 mother against every 12

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck