Home | Community | Message Board

High Mountain Gold Compost
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineTim
Stranger
Re: New home, new 10'x24' grow room. 2kw to start... [Re: Tank333]
    #626995 - 06/11/12 10:54 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

nice

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineTank333
Psychotic Hippie
Male User Gallery

Loc: Washington
Re: New home, new 10'x24' grow room. 2kw to start... [Re: Tim]
    #627033 - 06/11/12 12:52 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

So,  things are going well, I suppose. I'm pulling the first of the 4 large girls and trimming her now... its a bit early still,  but she's gotta pay rent on the 1st, so she's gotta come out and get chopped up...

I'm a bit undecided as to whether or not I'm going to build the third room in there now though. After installing just the single 5000 BTU AC unit,  it's dropped temps in there considerably... Like right now, its sunny and warm out, and the lights have been off for 2 and a half hours... its 71 degrees in the flower room,  and it'll probably get a bit warmer as the day goes on...

I know I need to put the 12,000 btu unit in there, I'm just trying to figure out the best way to do so... As soon as I get this girl stripped naked, I'll throw together a diagram of how the place is laid out, and see what people think I should do...

For now, here's a few pics... I threw together some scrog's for the girls in veg, I just gotta string them.

The 6 girls that were in 2.5 gallon pots got transplanted into 5 gallon pots. Give em a few days to recover, and they're going into the flower room to replace the girls that are coming out.

Here's the Maui that's getting stripped today. We started on her last night, but didn't get too far. My goal is to finish her by 4:20...

--------------------
My best run so far

OfflineFarmer Joe
Male User Gallery

Loc: USA Flag
    #627098 - 06/12/12 04:18 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

I bought a portble ac for my grow room this spring. It's 9,000 btu. It's awesome...I freakin love the thing. Wasn't very expensive either.  Got mine at home depot....they had many diffeent sizes there.

Your grows lookin good man!

--------------------
"Marijuana may not be addictive, but growing it is" - ED Rosenthal

Maine Caregiver In 100% compliance with Maine state laws.

InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: New home, new 10'x24' grow room. 2kw to start... [Re: Farmer Joe]
    #627275 - 06/12/12 03:58 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Farmer Joe said:
I bought a portble ac for my grow room this spring. It's 9,000 btu. It's awesome...I freakin love the thing. Wasn't very expensive either.  Got mine at home depot....they had many diffeent sizes there.

Your grows lookin good man!

I did the same.  Those portable units kick ass.  I have a 9,000 and a 12,000.  But I only use one right now.

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

OfflineTank333
Psychotic Hippie
Male User Gallery

Re: New home, new 10'x24' grow room. 2kw to start... [Re: Hawksresurrection]
    #627279 - 06/12/12 04:15 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Yea, I would like to have a portable, but I just don't have the extra $$ to drop on it. These two wall-bangers my dad gave me were free, and free's better than paying for it... lol. Besides, I don't have to worry too much about smell, since I'm on a 3 acre parcel here. I haven't ran my scrubber at all this run, and I haven't been able to smell anything outside of my back yard... 

Well, the Maui is naked and hanging upside down in the closet. Now there's three more large ones and 6 girls in 6" square pots still to be trimmed. I'm almost done with the first of the 3 large Afgooey girls... their colas are SO fat, they're not able to keep themselves upright!

--------------------
My best run so far

OfflineTank333
Psychotic Hippie
Male User Gallery

#628450 - 06/19/12 01:36 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

So,  I've got all the girls trimmed and hanging except for 3 of the small SOG girls... I know, I've been procrastinating... it took me about 5 days to get all 4 of the big girls trimmed and hung up! Lol

I jarred up the Maui, and got 108 grams from her. And that's including all the little tiny larfy buds. I had to include those in the weight instead of throwing it in the hash box to make sure I've got enough to pay rent on the 1st...

Now, there's still 3 big Afgooey girls and 3 small ones hanging up. They've got a couple more days of drying to do... I want to get them jarred up to find out the final weight, but I've gotta make sure they get dried all the way...

--------------------
My best run so far

OfflineTank333
Psychotic Hippie
Male User Gallery

#628933 - 06/22/12 10:03 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Man, I've never wanted to beat the fuck out of my partner more than I do right fucking now! This damn unstable strain hermies at the slightest sign of stress!!! I've got two new girls in there that have to get pulled due to hermaphoditing... god dammit this guy's got me in a hard fucking spot!

--------------------
My best run so far

OfflineFarmer Joe
Male User Gallery

#629304 - 06/25/12 05:49 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Shit man that's a tough one. Why not fnd some space outdoors? Pull a few pounds outdoors and once you flip the herb you can tell the dude to do go his own thing. 

I've had a grow partner before. It can be quite difficult when not everyone is on the same page.

--------------------

OfflineTank333
Psychotic Hippie
Male User Gallery

#629334 - 06/25/12 12:50 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Farmer Joe said:
Shit man that's a tough one. Why not fnd some space outdoors? Pull a few pounds outdoors and once you flip the herb you can tell the dude to do go his own thing. 

I've had a grow partner before. It can be quite difficult when not everyone is on the same page.

If I had a fenced back yard, I might be able to convince the wifey to let me do it,  but since its not, I get kids cutting through my back yard about once a week. I'd never be able to keep it protected unless I chained a pitbull back there 24/7... lol

I'm actually going to tell him to get bent the next time I talk to him. He's fucked me over by giving me crap that's way unstable and hermies out. Now, not only can I not sell the last 3 plants I've harvested (one more threw out nanners over the weekend), but I'm worried that everything in my grow room is gonna hermie out before its done flowering! I'm seeing a guy tomorrow about a few ready to flower plants and some clones I can run for the time being...

My Master kush girl is still WAY too small to contemplate cutting clones from any time soon. Only about 3" tall still. I've got 11 of the Tragic Winters in scrogs in the veg room, and they're gonna get moved into the flower room tomorrow. I just want to get all of these damn TW girls run through so I can get stable genes in the garden again... I figure at this point they will probably yeild about 3-5 ounces off each. I wanted to veg them for another week or two, but eh, such is life! Lol

So, the rest of the plants going into flower means that I'll have to build the wall for the middle room tonight. Hopefull I'll be able to get help with putting up the partition, and it won't take me forever and a day. Lol. It sucks, because I can't really start anything until 9pm when the lights turn on in the flower room.

Oh, there's a bit of good news though!! Finished the harvesting phase of the first 10 plants, and the final weight is in! I forgot to weigh the Afgooey girls seperately, so the total weight from the three big girls comes out to be a smidge over 10 ounces! Very happy with that result. Nice and fragrant, good taste so far. The Maui I'm not quite so happy with. She gave me 3.5 ounces of some pretty larfy, airy buds that really didn't taste all that great. I had problems with nutrient lockout through the entire flowering period, so I'm not. Suprised at the poor result from her. The 6 small SoG girls I had in the 1'x3' flood table performed admiraly. They gave me 116.5 grams between the 6 of them! I wasn't expecting more than a half ounce off of each of them, so I'm pretty satisfied with the result.

--------------------
My best run so far

OfflineTank333
Psychotic Hippie
Male User Gallery

#629474 - 06/26/12 02:25 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

God damn, last night was a LOOONG night. I was in the flower room re-modeling until about 3 am this morning. We took the lights down, and put up the second wall to make a utiliity/nute mixing room in between the veg room and the flower room. So now I've got 10x8 for the veg room (and I'll have WAY more room in there as soon as I move the nute table into the middle room), a 6x10 utility room, and then a 10x10 flower room!

Now tonight I'll paint the room,  and get everything light proof and everything...

--------------------
My best run so far

OfflineFarmer Joe
Male User Gallery

#629586 - 06/27/12 03:25 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Nice to hear you pulled some weight off those ladies. :thumbup:

--------------------

OfflineTank333
Psychotic Hippie
Male User Gallery

#629587 - 06/27/12 03:45 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Thanks... I needed a good harvest. Now I just gotta hope that I can make things stretch until the next one. That SHOULD have been just 3 weeks from now, but the bitches had to go and grow dicks on me... nasty little perverts! :nonono:

Now I've got 6 girls in 5 gallon soil buckets that'll get maybe 3 ounces each (fuckin' asshole partner never did ANY training on em) that have been in for a week, and there's 10 girls in the hydro system that will probably yeild 3-4 each. I'll be moving the system over to the flowering room as soon as I can get the room painted...

--------------------
My best run so far

Offlinedmtcorey
~The time police~
 User Gallery

#631034 - 07/09/12 07:13 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

nice little adventure here ,i remember about a year ago when you were just talking about getting set up ,now she looks good !just been set up now my self for a little over a year ,feels good :smile:

great work man !

--------------------
:whereismiddleman:

OfflineTank333
Psychotic Hippie
Male User Gallery

Re: New home, new 10'x24' grow room. 2kw to start... [Re: dmtcorey]
    #631053 - 07/09/12 12:25 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

dmtcorey said:
nice little adventure here ,i remember about a year ago when you were just talking about getting set up ,now she looks good !just been set up now my self for a little over a year ,feels good :smile:

great work man !

Thanks man! I'm really pretty damn proud of how far we've come in the past year. 12 months ago I had a single 1kw light and a 4x4 tent (that I never even got to flower in! Lol). Now, I've got a 4kw flower room, and I'm working on getting some T-5's for the veg room (I don't want to have to keep running the AC unit). Right now, there's only a 95 watt CFL over the single Master Kush girl in there. Lol.

I've got some pics, finally. Lol. They're hella old, honestly. I took em on the 1st, and then completely forgot to post em. Haha. I'll try and get more recent pics tonight so you can see the difference.

Here's the near side of the room, as seen from the door.

And here's the other half of the room, from the same angle.

I totally forgot to get a pic of the very ghetto setup I have for the veg room. Because there's only a single plant in there, I got creative with making sure it got watered right. I set it up to top-feed, and it just drains down into the bucket below it. I have a bucket at the bottom with 4 gallons of nute water with a pumps in it, pumping it to the bucket on the top. I've got the drain "T" pointed down into the bucket below to drain it back into the make-shift rez. Hella ghetto-rigged, but if it works, it works, ya know? Lol

--------------------
My best run so far

Offlinedmtcorey
~The time police~
 User Gallery

#631087 - 07/09/12 08:15 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

cool man !

just got my a/c unit hooked up a few weeks ago and she works pretty good !got 2x 5000btu units but i think the one unit should work fine for the flower and veg room ,temp are a little warm in the veg room but not to bad ,flowering room is dialed in nicly though ,probly going to get a Y to pipe some cool air to veg room in the near future .

the 4000k sounds like a nice size !i am going to hook up a 240volt braker unit so i can save a little power and add another  2x 600s ,one more for flower and another for veg ,debating on getting one of these wind terbines to ,or solar pannals,seems like they would pay for them selves in the first harvest $3500 for a 3500 watt turbine and seen some pannals for cheap as well!

--------------------

OfflineTank333
Psychotic Hippie
Male User Gallery

#631110 - 07/09/12 10:42 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

dmtcorey said:
cool man !

just got my a/c unit hooked up a few weeks ago and she works pretty good !got 2x 5000btu units but i think the one unit should work fine for the flower and veg room ,temp are a little warm in the veg room but not to bad ,flowering room is dialed in nicly though ,probly going to get a Y to pipe some cool air to veg room in the near future .

the 4000k sounds like a nice size !i am going to hook up a 240volt braker unit so i can save a little power and add another  2x 600s ,one more for flower and another for veg ,debating on getting one of these wind terbines to ,or solar pannals,seems like they would pay for them selves in the first harvest $3500 for a 3500 watt turbine and seen some pannals for cheap as well!

That's what's up,  man. I've got a 12k and a 5k, and I think I'm gonna have to put the 5k into the flower room once I put more light in there. The plan is to get 4-6k more light in the flower room, and them have about 2kw in the veg room (might get switched to T-5's, as they're cooler and I don't want to use more ac's). I'll definitely need some serious cooling in there, and I'm hoping just the two AC's will suffice. I don't want to have to buy more equipment if I can avoid it, you know? Lol.

That 3.5kw turbine sounds like a damn good deal! Once I get things paid up an extra month or so, I'll be able to convince the wifey to invest in some self-sufficency equipment... we live in the pass, and. It gets SO windy. I'm pretty sure if I got two or three, we would NEVER have to pay for electricity again. Do you have a link for those turbines? I'd like to look into those...

--------------------
My best run so far

Offlinedmtcorey
~The time police~
 User Gallery

#631277 - 07/10/12 05:32 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

hear is an example of a unit ,its not the exact same same the one i mentioned but its an ball park idea of what there about http://http://www.saferwholesale.com/WG3KW-48V-Wind-Turbine-Wind-Energy-Generator-p/gud-wg3kwsimple.htm

i think these would be the cats ass if they were relieable ,but it would be a good idea to get a modle that has been tested with good reviews!

--------------------

Edited by dmtcorey (07/10/12 06:27 PM)

User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #631278 - 07/10/12 05:39 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

You're link doesn't work bro...

--------------------

-niteowl

Offlinedmtcorey
~The time police~
 User Gallery

Re: New home, new 10'x24' grow room. 2kw to start... [Re: Hawksresurrection]
    #631284 - 07/10/12 06:29 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

just edited the post ,seems to work now!

thanks for the heads up!

--------------------

User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #631288 - 07/10/12 06:50 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

--------------------

-niteowl

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Cultivation Supplies