Home | Community | Message Board

High Mountain Gold Compost
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinestara
Stranger

drip system - 250w veg - 400 w / 600 w flowering
    #800821 - 12/09/15 01:28 PM (8 years, 3 months ago)

Hello everyone,
Im a newbie here:) second post... (I was in shrooomery before.) This is the cv.:smile: Hope I post in the right forum sorry if Im not...

This is the setup, its a long story I tried to summarize and may be from the pictures you can help me correct the problem with my seedlings.(or may be I will toss them for a new start:()

They are in their fourth week.I transfered them to hydroton like one and a half week ago. I gave them some canna rhizotonic and supervit. The rockwools were a bit wet by the time I transfered them, roots couldnt breath properly. At first drips were streaming 24/7 but with valuable info from Magash thanks a lot to him btw.:smile: I switched to 30/30 streaming to give some chance to roots. I also added 1/4 flora trio combination at first (in the beginnig of the third week) and then after 4-5 days I added 1/4 more.250 watt MH... exhaust fan taking air out of the cabin and out of the room through cooltube. The humidity was low like %30 in the room so I run an humidifier to make it %50-%70. Ph is 5,5-6,5 Temp is getting higher till 27 when light is on.

Here they are what do you think :smile: Btw looking at the pics I feel good but they dont look as healthy and green in the real life. :smile: I wonder if they will get better with time or should I start again from the beginning to save time, money, yield. Thanks from now, love to all cannafellas:))

this white widow has a brown spot on it I searched the web; fungi/deficiency or what?:confused:

this is the other superskunk

this superskunk fell down with the water drip watering on it and I fixed it with a plastic fork. There are some yellowing and curling down on the end of the older leaves.

Edited by stara (02/15/16 05:53 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleStonethM
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Male User Gallery

Loc: No where ville, USA Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: drip system - seedlings - deficiency question [Re: stara]
    #800822 - 12/09/15 02:45 PM (8 years, 3 months ago)

What's the ph?
What's the EC?
How often are you watering?

They don't look bad, I'm guessing about thrre, four weeks old.

--------------------
:getstoned:

Offlinestara
Stranger

Re: drip system - seedlings - deficiency question [Re: Stoneth]
    #800826 - 12/09/15 03:15 PM (8 years, 3 months ago)

Hey :smile:
ph: I make 5,5 at night and then it climbs up to 6,3 till morning, then again I correct it.(canna ph down and up)
ec:I will buy one ec meter... but for now I added 1/4 flora trio and after 5 days I added extra 1/4 (this was 4 days ago).
For the first week I watered (stream) 24/7 and then I corrected it by changing to 30min on 30min off. The hydroclays look dry a bit but I cant see whats happening inside:( The house is a dry house btw. because of heaters and the fan gets the whole humidity of the cabin though I run an humidifier. I think I will add one humidifier outside the tent to balance. (its a passive intake system)

any input I appriciate...thanks

InvisibleStonethM
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #800881 - 12/09/15 08:48 PM (8 years, 3 months ago)

You can most likely cut your watering back to 30 minutes on, one to two hours off.  And there isn't much need for water during the dark period.
Ph sounds good tho the swinging sounds fucked up but happens to some growers.
Knowing ec helps monitor nute strength.  1/4 should be safe.

What size, and kind of  light are you running?  And how far above the plant is it?

--------------------

Offlinestara
Stranger

#800932 - 12/10/15 11:35 AM (8 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Stoneth said:
You can most likely cut your watering back to 30 minutes on, one to two hours off.  And there isn't much need for water during the dark period.

Now I cut it to 30min. on and one hour off to be safe.  Im not sure if the clays will stay moist the house is already a dry house. For this reason it can go with the same during the dark 6 hour period if its not a big deal?And at flowering period do you water 24/7?

Quote:

What size, and kind of  light are you running?  And how far above the plant is it?

250W Metal halide inside the cooltube and its 60cm far above the plants should I move it closer to give more lumen?Im carefull a bit cause their young.

The lower leaves are going bad is it normal; the new leaves look healthy actually. I read that giving a good start is a sign of good future but is it always the case?

Thanks a lot! :wink:

InvisibleStonethM
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #801161 - 12/13/15 10:15 AM (8 years, 3 months ago)

Watering during the dark is OK, it shouldn't hurt the plants at all.  Tho it most likely isn't needed.
The beginner rule of thumb with a drip is light on water on, light off water off.  So you should be good to go on that part of life.

As for the light height, 60cm seems a bit far for a 250.  Hold your hand above your plants palm down about 2 inches or so.  Then lower the light until you feel the heat of the bulb on the back of your hand.  Keep in mind if it's uncomfortable to your hand it will be harmful to the plants.

--------------------

Offlinestara
Stranger

#801169 - 12/13/15 01:00 PM (8 years, 3 months ago)

thanks again... I will make updates :smile:

Offlinestara
Stranger

#801633 - 12/17/15 02:30 PM (8 years, 3 months ago)

Hello,

Ive got some updated pics do you think the plants have nutrient (nitrogen?) deficiency? Because the old - first and second - leaves are getting yellow and curly drying and the tips of some leaves are a bit light green; I will measure ppm tommorrow but I wanted to ask beforehand. I added a bit less nutrient solution to be safe (1/4 flora trio) as I dont have a ppm meter yet.They are in their fifth week.

Thank you! And have a nice day and night:)

white widow:

superskunk

Offlinestara
Stranger

#801813 - 12/19/15 05:46 AM (8 years, 3 months ago)

Hello,

I have a HM tds/ec meter now NaCl(0,5avg).
http://www.tdsmeter.com/products/com80.html

The resevoir is filled with nutrient water (2 weeks and I havent changed anything yet) Its a drip system.

Ec:1,7
ppm: 845
PH range (5,4-6,2)

Now should I change the whole water in the reservoir? (do bad materials exist in the water in this early stage? And do these bad materials increase ppm? The plants look like they have nutirent deficiency but this measurements dont look like weak right...)

What ppm would you advice for the new water if I change the whole water? (I use flora trio and canna rhizotonic(though this has less nutirents I think))

Or would it be ok if I only add extra nutirents to the reservoir without changing the whole water in it...in this stage?

Thanks for input...

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #801820 - 12/19/15 08:35 AM (8 years, 3 months ago)

Nutrient levels are gonna change as the nutrient get used. Remember the plants use water faster then nutrients so the level in the res is gonnna go up and as the nutrient level goes up the ph will go down. A few times over the course of using the solution check the ppm every few days and add a little water when needed to bring the numbers down to your range and correct the ph if needed.

Been two weeks change out the solution. Keep the ec around 1.4 to 1.6 and keep the ph around 6.

:happyweed:

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

Offlinestara
Stranger

Re: drip system - seedlings - deficiency question [Re: Magash]
    #801867 - 12/20/15 05:15 AM (8 years, 3 months ago)

great I did it... lets see what happens thanks :smile:

Offlinestara
Stranger

#802130 - 12/24/15 11:31 AM (8 years, 3 months ago)

Hi again,

With the Ph around 6 and 1,2 EC, its been 4 days now and I saw some burning signs on the lower leaves tips.(Actually I was wondering when I was adding nutrients I had to add the amount the manufacturer adviced - flora trio- and I felt a bit nervous because it's always said to add the half they advice, however, with the half dosage EC wouldnt have been 1.2 so I went on to see what happens)

After the burning signs yesterday I diluted the reservoir to EC 1 and poured 5,8 ph water on the pebbles to wash away some excess nutrients. Today again the EC was 1,1 and I repeated the process adding ph water again now the EC is 1 again.

I have several questions:

1)Did I do a right think by washing and diluting or is it normal for the plant to have this kind of burning at first?
2)Do my plants lack roots and is this the reason they couldnt handle the EC 1.2?
3)Is it possible that my HM digital ec meter showing wrong EC?:smile:
4)Do my plants still look good:)? Should I do anything else. (more diluting?or leaving them alone to adapt?)
5)Is it better to produce roots first in the rockwool; and then feeding them in the reservoir because my other experiment rockwool plants roots are looking good and that made me think of this idea? And I saw some videos like this. :smile:

Pics are below:

Thanks again I appreciate! It was a good exprience I hope it will last:))

This is the rockwool I saved to see what happens and the roots look cool. Is it worth to wait for the roots to get like this before transferring to reservoir system? I gave the rockwool rhizotonic water from the bottom.

InvisibleStonethM
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #802136 - 12/24/15 01:17 PM (8 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

1)Did I do a right think by washing and diluting or is it normal for the plant to have this kind of burning at first?

Yes.  A plant's size, age, health, etc..  can effect how much it wants to eat.
Quote:

2)Do my plants lack roots and is this the reason they couldnt handle the EC 1.2?

:yesnod:  Could have something to do with it.
Quote:

3)Is it possible that my HM digital ec meter showing wrong EC?

Also a possibility.
Quote:

4)Do my plants still look good:)? Should I do anything else. (more diluting?or leaving them alone to adapt?)

Appear healthy in the pics to me.  Tho I am a legally blind guy.:smile:  Just keep the res topped off, and the ph right and see what happens.
Quote:

5)Is it better to produce roots first in the rockwool; and then feeding them in the reservoir because my other experiment rockwool plants roots are looking good and that made me think of this idea? And I saw some videos like this.

Yeah producing roots is a good way t start.  In fact the first two to three weeks of a mj plant's life nutrients aren't needed.

--------------------

Offlinestara
Stranger

#802178 - 12/25/15 12:16 PM (8 years, 3 months ago)

thanks!:smile: when do you think I should top them? There is one five star set leaves now.

InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #802271 - 12/27/15 07:36 PM (8 years, 3 months ago)

I would top now.  I start em real early

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

Offlinestara
Stranger

Re: drip system - seedlings - deficiency question [Re: Hawksresurrection]
    #802293 - 12/28/15 02:06 PM (8 years, 2 months ago)

I dont trust everything I do now:) so I decided to wait for one more 5star set to get the plant more strong before I top :smile: because the lower leaves are a bit burning... hope it will stop.

I m planning to top from the place shown here do you think its a good way?
And do you top with scissors or fingers?
http://www.growweedeasy.com/topping-fiming

thanks for feedback learning makes me feel good:)

InvisibleStonethM
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #802295 - 12/28/15 02:37 PM (8 years, 2 months ago)

If I were to top I'd use a razor blade, or a very sharp pair of scissors.

--------------------

InvisibleChemical Addiction
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #802296 - 12/28/15 02:40 PM (8 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

stara said:
ph: I make 5,5 at night and then it climbs up to 6,3 till morning, then again I correct it.(canna ph down and up)

I was told not to use both PH down and PH up in the same reservoir. The mixing of an acid and base can do damage to the plant. I don't know how true that is but if you can try to just use one or the other, for me its always ph down.

--------------------
Sure. Don't expect me to compensate your wife and five retarded kids after I've drowned your exposed brain in my semen.
    Spider Jerusalem

InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: drip system - seedlings - deficiency question [Re: Chemical Addiction]
    #802306 - 12/28/15 11:17 PM (8 years, 2 months ago)

I always just pinch them off

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

Offlinestara
Stranger

Re: drip system - seedlings - deficiency question [Re: Hawksresurrection]
    #802362 - 12/29/15 01:24 PM (8 years, 2 months ago)

They say: Cervantes says topping in the dark period is better but I topped them at the third hour of the day; I pinched them cause I didnt have any razor blade left.. we will see the results...:smile:

thanks for the feedbacks... I will make updates...

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #802382 - 12/29/15 08:26 PM (8 years, 2 months ago)

Top them now or don't they will be fine and grow good either way. The time of day isn't gonna make any difference what so ever.

If  your having burning on the leaves back of the nutrient strength a little bit more. When the plants age is measured in weeks there is only so much nutrient that they need at this point. 

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

Offlinestara
Stranger

#802585 - 01/03/16 03:40 AM (8 years, 2 months ago)

Now they look like this. I changed the reservoir yesterday after 10 days. Dropped the EC from 1 to 0,7 as some lower leaves have burnt a bit (its been 7 weeks from seed till now) I feel like in place of burnt leaves the plant try to burst new leaves in the lower part. These side nodes will be trained too, right? I mean under the scrog? Or should I remove them to make the plant focus on the part which is topped? Here in this guide they remove the lower leaves leaving one healthy leaf for photosynthesis:
http://www.growweedeasy.com/manifold

I think I should wait till the new nodes where I topped the plant will grow a bit and then bend them and top them again right? To have more colas to use under the scrog? Would you have other advices? And is the place where I topped  the place I will put the net right on it ? Because from there on I will go horizontally. (I hope so:))

Thanks again:)

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #802864 - 01/08/16 01:07 AM (8 years, 2 months ago)

:thumbup:

--------------------

Offlinestara
Stranger

#803411 - 01/17/16 11:00 AM (8 years, 2 months ago)

Hello again:)

I improved the circular drips; now the drips are feeding circular from 6 different holes for one.The previous system had some problems and I thought before having salt built up I would rather solve the problem. I dropped the ec to 0,5. (I think with 250 MH the plants only can use this amount of nutrients, is it correct if I say more light means more nutirent consumption - assuming one has the same healthy roots? For getting the sense)

I took some more pictures, it's the end of the 9th week.

This is the view before scrog.

And this is the view after mounting the scrog. Before tucking.

After tucking:

What do you think, any recommendations?
One of the plants is not very fast so may be I should remove it completely to save space for the aggressive ones right?
And what about the lower side branches under the net. Should I clean them with time or all at once?
Aaaaand as for the lower leaves, I should cut the ones without cola and with scissors right?If yes.

Thanks for any feedbacks... :thanx:

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: drip system - seedlings - deficiency question [Re: stara] * 1
    #803420 - 01/17/16 12:47 PM (8 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

is it correct if I say more light means more nutirent consumption - assuming one has the same healthy roots? For getting the sense)

Yes it's true. I have actually had plants closer to the lights able to handle a certain nutrient but plants that didn't get as much light got crinkly leaves and stuff. They didn't burn but they did look like the plants further from the light were getting close.

everything looks like it's progressing nicely :thumbup:

--------------------

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Loc: Earth (mostly) Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #803440 - 01/17/16 04:00 PM (8 years, 2 months ago)

I used a hot nail to clean the holes up in my drip rings after drilling them, they've been fairly reliable that way.

The faster you can grow a plant the more nutrients it can handle--i.e. more light = faster growth.

Lower branches usually go right when I put them into flower, and about 2-3 weeks in they get lower branches removed. No removing top colas within a week of flower, you want strong and dominant colas ready to flower, otherwise you'll get tiny buds that were never able to develop fully.

I do not remove shade leaves without taking its associated branch (for every shade leaf there is a node/branch) unless they're old and dying.

The art of trimming your plant is something you need to master. You can have a huge yield difference if you learn your plants needs and treat it right.

--------------------
Any help given is for educational purposes only. Its your responsibility not to break any applicable laws
Bamboo Bongs I make | Perfect Dry and Cure | Grapegod under LED
“Human beings, vegetables, or cosmic dust, we all dance to a mysterious tune intoned in the distance by an invisible player.” ~ Albert Einstein

Offlinestara
Stranger

Re: drip system - seedlings - deficiency question [Re: phychotron]
    #803482 - 01/18/16 03:35 AM (8 years, 2 months ago)

thanks a lot for feedbacks, I hope Ill get the sense without screwing to much:)

Offlinestara
Stranger

#804135 - 01/24/16 12:37 PM (8 years, 2 months ago)

Hello again,

10th week ended. And I tucked the ladies a bit. I broke one of the branches and taped the place where it broke... After that now Im a bit more careful :frown: I removed the slow weak plant behind left and I try to fill its space with the other branches.

I dont know what to do with the cola in the back of the tent which is strecting. Sometimes I think everything is directing to the sides of the canopy so I start to get nervous for the center. :smile: Do you bend the branches forward and then back or u shapes?

And my second question is: should I switch to 12-12 or should I wait for the sides to fill? These are white widow and superskunk. May be some advices?

Thanks for any feedback! Have fun...

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #804144 - 01/24/16 02:31 PM (8 years, 2 months ago)

If your space is getting filled then cut the lights back. The plants are gonna stretch during flowering for the first 2 to 4 weeks or so.

You can bend the branches anyway you want or need to in order to fill the space properly as long as you don't snap them.

--------------------

Offlinestara
Stranger

#804247 - 01/25/16 11:58 AM (8 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Magash said:
If your space is getting filled then cut the lights back. The plants are gonna stretch during flowering for the first 2 to 4 weeks or so.

If I cut the lights back they strecth right, is it to make them strech and tuck them faster?

Thanks!

Offlinestara
Stranger

#805231 - 02/03/16 02:30 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Hello again,

Now its the end of the 12th week. I switched to flowering 4 days ago.

PH 5,8 - 6,1. EC 0,6. (the same as veg. stage but I use flora trio and changing smoothly to blooming percentages (chart of GH) Dropped the humidity to %45. It can go to %30 without humidifier so Im gonna drop it slowly. Temps are 20-21 C night and 25-28 day.  Veg light was 250 watt MH, now I switched to 400 watt dual spectrum for flowering. Philips here:

http://www.hydroponics.eu/grow-lamp-sont-plus-400w-philips-bloom~1441.html

I added a bit H2O2 for algae 40 ml %3 with the rez change.And after that 10 ml everyday  to clean the algae and stuff.(its been 4 days and the roots look to grow faster; may be a coincidence I dont know)

Im adding weekly canna rhizotonic in small doses.

I also started to add sensizym 4 days ago.

I change the rez weekly...

My questions:

- Should I use 600 watt HPS for the last stages of flowering to boost the ladies. May be a special lamp only for blooming? (not dual)

- Would it be a mistake to cut the H2O2 after this week to let some beneficial organisms appear again or spread. Is sensizym effected by H2O2 btw?

- The on/off buton of the humidifier has a very tiny weak blue light.:smile: Do you think it will shock the plants while the lights off?

- After this week Im planning to add canna boost and at one point canna pk. Do you think it will work with flora trio? Actually I bought a bottle of Big Bud two months ago(advanced nutrients) but I made a research and now I changed my mind to pay for canna boost and see what happens. Please correct me if Im bullshiting. :smile:

Thanks for any feedback, I hope I will finish healthy...:smile:

This is the final pic:

InvisibleStonethM
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #805273 - 02/04/16 10:16 AM (8 years, 1 month ago)

[quote- Should I use 600 watt HPS for the last stages of flowering to boost the ladies. May be a special lamp only for blooming? (not dual)]

If you want the biggest yield you can get, then yes switch to the 600 hps.  As for bulb I recommend only the sper hps from either Ultra Sun or Hortilux.

Quote:

- Would it be a mistake to cut the H2O2 after this week to let some beneficial organisms appear again or spread. Is sensizym effected by H2O2 btw?

Dropping the h2o2 shouldn't be an issue.  I myself have never used it nor do I plan on it.  Don't know if it effects the sensizym.

Quote:

- The on/off buton of the humidifier has a very tiny weak blue light.:smile: Do you think it will shock the plants while the lights off?

I'd tape that light over.  I've seen less cause problems.

Quote:

- After this week Im planning to add canna boost and at one point canna pk. Do you think it will work with flora trio? Actually I bought a bottle of Big Bud two months ago(advanced nutrients) but I made a research and now I changed my mind to pay for canna boost and see what happens. Please correct me if Im bullshiting. :smile:

I don't know enough about the canna products to help ya here.  I myself use the General Hydroponics boosters liuid and dry Koolbloom.

--------------------

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Trusted Cultivator
    #805304 - 02/04/16 02:48 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Cannaboost does work, but you have to pay a shit ton for it. I like using the generic from MBFerts.com and getting a 5L bottle of CannaBoost ($500) and a 5L bottle of Rhizotonic ($200) for about $60.

I actually get better results because I can afford to use it full strength.

It should work with any base nutrient. I give PK for 10 days starting week 4(or when/until they look like they need it, when they're getting ready to explode in growth.)

--------------------
Any help given is for educational purposes only. Its your responsibility not to break any applicable laws
“Human beings, vegetables, or cosmic dust, we all dance to a mysterious tune intoned in the distance by an invisible player.” ~ Albert Einstein

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #805305 - 02/04/16 03:17 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

The more light the better

Cut the H2o2. You should only do that for a few days at most. Like I said before if you kill the bad things your killing the good.

At this stage instead of using sensizym just pile up your money and burn it. Same thing and it saves the drive of picking it up. :crazy2: Just kidding but you don't need the sensizym.

Quote:

The on/off buton of the humidifier has a very tiny weak blue light.:smile: Do you think it will shock the plants while the lights off?

If your not making clones a humidifier has no place in growing. Remember where these plants come from and that is mainly Afghanistan, Mexico and so on and none of those places is known for their humidity. I'm in the Cali desert and I don't ad humidity and have no problems at all. The plants are under 10% humidity all summer long even indoors.

--------------------

Offlinestara
Stranger

#805333 - 02/05/16 03:28 AM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Thanks for feedbacks:)

I cut the H2O2 and humidifier.

Ill get canna boost and a 600 watt bulb that I can find with the best lumens and red sprectrum for the final phases. (MB ferts looks great if its really the same ...unfortunately its not suitable for me geographically...)

I already burned my money so what can I do other than putting the shit inside the rez. like a consumer monster.:smile:) With your help Ill be cutting the extras for the next try so thanks for that, so are sensizym products a lie or are they for a specific purpose - situation that I dont have?Is it bad to pour it in anyway?

Magash btw., I think you have great results with the plants because you beat them very hard to make them strong. :smile:) I grew my stuff with communication and love...:grin: Ill try to be less fragile in the future after learning the limits.

To everyone, have a nice happy day!

Offlinestara
Stranger

#805988 - 02/14/16 06:07 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Hello again,

Now it's the end of flowering week 2. I had one week of adaptation with 12/12 - the flora chart micro=gro=bloom and the second week with low Nitrogen (7,5micro, 2,5 gro, 10 bloom).
For the last week Ive started to add canna boost (60ml) and like from the start rhizotonic (decreased to 40 ml).
Im making the PH 6,1 and one day later it sinks to 5,6.
EC is now 0,9 for the last week and I plan to increase it 0,1 point every week from now on.
The plants stretched a bit and start to form some white hairs.
The humidity is %45-%50.
I found some questions to ask again. :smile:

- Do you think they will stretch more and not fit in the cabinet; the most stretching is happening in the first two weeks of the flowering right? As seen from the pictures I have max. 1 foot height left for the cooltube. :smile: I hope it wont be a jungle. :smile:

- Do I have a lot of colas for the space what do you think? Will it gonna work with this crowd the yield and humidity for the last weeks.

- I have tied and bended one aggressive cola this doesnt harm it right? May be I will need to use this for others in the future if correct.

Would you have other advices? Any feedbacks to make me aware of some potential risks Ill appreciate? I know it's hard to guess from a distance but if there are obvious things you can pick from the photos...

Thank you  all, have a great day!:crazy2::smile::thanx:

InvisibleStonethM
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #805990 - 02/14/16 06:30 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

- Do you think they will stretch more and not fit in the cabinet; the most stretching is happening in the first two weeks of the flowering right? As seen from the pictures I have max. 1 foot height left for the cooltube. :smile: I hope it wont be a jungle. :smile:

Some strains will stretch for upwards of 5 weeks, 3 to 4 weeks is about the average stretch time.

Quote:

- Do I have a lot of colas for the space what do you think? Will it gonna work with this crowd the yield and humidity for the last weeks.

Looks good to me.

Quote:

- I have tied and bended one aggressive cola this doesnt harm it right? May be I will need to use this for others in the future if correct.

Just do your best not to break any,and you're golden.  If one breaks use duct tape as a band aid.

--------------------

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #805998 - 02/14/16 07:38 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Everything looks killer to me. I can't offer any advise that Stoneth hasn't already covered. Pretty much time to just let them do their thing until harvest.:thumbup:

--------------------

Offlinestara
Stranger

#806009 - 02/15/16 04:42 AM (8 years, 1 month ago)

great thanks a lot again...
just a bit more patience, love and may be some angels to protect them :smile:) - will be enough then  :smile:

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Trusted Cultivator
    #806066 - 02/16/16 06:21 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

That plant doesn't look like its going to stretch much more. Pinching and tying the stems is the easiest solution to slow stretching down. It helps strengthen the stalk when it repairs itself.

--------------------

Offlinestara
Stranger

#806196 - 02/18/16 05:38 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Thanks for the feedback Phychotron, I will make updates :smile:

Have a great time!

OfflineGoldilocks
Stranger

Re: drip system - seedlings - deficiency question/ don't buy from mbferts.com [Re: phychotron]
    #806527 - 02/22/16 09:50 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

phychotron said:
Please stop spamming the boards, no matter how upset you are.

I left one version of your thread in the link below.

https://www.growery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/806534#806534

Edited by phychotron (02/23/16 01:20 PM)

Offlinestara
Stranger

Re: drip system - seedlings - deficiency question/ don't buy from mbferts.com [Re: Goldilocks]
    #808104 - 03/16/16 04:17 PM (8 years, 13 days ago)

Hello again, after one month wait for nature to show its magic:) @Magash :smile:

Yeah there is a magic however for a first time grower I had a hard time I must admit.:smile: My roots are taking nutrients less than before; I think this is because of the salt build up; and still continuing. I flash weekly and after the flash they take good amount of nuts but after two days it slows down again. I dropped the ec from 1 to 0,7 now and the same goes on. Ph is dropping fast in this small rez. daily I adjust it when filling. I think it shows that roots are acidic.:rolleyes: I dont know may be this is all they need and may be there isnt a problem but I felt a bit impatient about their sizes comparing the similar setups on the internet. May be it is all about the flush of the cameras they take pictures. I realized the flush of the camera spreads white in the garden at photos so buds look bigger.:smile:

I've learned a good lesson though, I have been adjusting ph to 6 and it was falling down to 5,5 the next day but after some research I found that under Ph 6 magnesium is not absorbed well so probably this explains the deficiency for the big colas leaves below. Now I adjust PH to 6,3 and it goes to 5,6. Should we always change it do you change the ph? Do you think this deficiency will slow down this colas growth:(? Or is it because of heat.?

And  I defoliated the bush a bit, it was also a freaking think.:eek: I couldnt understand what and which to pick so probably I removed to many fan leaves and I didnt removed side colas enough to focus on the main branches Im not 100% sure. :smile: But next time I will try better.

This weak I started pk 13/14 and it made a difference. Started at half dose and I add a small amount everyday. I plan to carry on this till the last two week flash, correct me if Im wrong. :smile:

What do you think generally, are they normal? :smile:) light is 600 watt now for 2 weeks. (it was 400 watt before) temps are 27C day and 20C night.

Pics (WWidow and SuperSkunk):

The big cola was also heat stressed (30C max) and the leaves curled a bit. I didnt think any bad thing about her she was so beautiful to be suspicious but then I realized.

And here we have a side flower downstairs near the scrog net. I hope they will mature nearly the same like the top colas with 600 watt. We will see.

other pics...

Thanks for any feedbacks and sorry if I sound like a real freak. :smile:

Have a nice day to all!

Offlinestara
Stranger

Re: drip system - seedlings - deficiency question/ don't buy from mbferts.com [Re: stara]
    #808105 - 03/16/16 04:36 PM (8 years, 13 days ago)

And btw their on their 45th day into flowering. Strains are 9 week strains they say... thanks...

Offlinestara
Stranger

Re: drip system - seedlings - deficiency question/ don't buy from mbferts.com [Re: stara]
    #808111 - 03/16/16 05:06 PM (8 years, 13 days ago)

and for a last question, should I use cal-mag because it looks that magnesium deficiency spreading a bit to other colas leaves now I realized? I think it is magnesium right?
Thanks...

InvisibleChemical Addiction
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #808113 - 03/16/16 05:18 PM (8 years, 13 days ago)

those are some nice looking buds, cant help you with the deficiency question though will have to wait on a veteran grower.

--------------------
Sure. Don't expect me to compensate your wife and five retarded kids after I've drowned your exposed brain in my semen.
    Spider Jerusalem

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Trusted Cultivator
Re: drip system - seedlings - deficiency question [Re: Chemical Addiction]
    #808128 - 03/16/16 07:14 PM (8 years, 13 days ago)

Those look really good. pH is suppose to swing a bit so that you can get all the nutrients.

Hard to tell but maybe a potassium (K) deficiency. See if they get worse while your feeding them P-K.

--------------------

InvisibleStonethM
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #808130 - 03/16/16 07:50 PM (8 years, 13 days ago)

Agreed, those ladies look very nice.

--------------------

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #808144 - 03/17/16 12:54 AM (8 years, 13 days ago)

They look killer. 455 days or so into flowering they look like they should be ready around 8.5 weeks. Good work.

--------------------

Offlinestara
Stranger

#808155 - 03/17/16 05:44 AM (8 years, 13 days ago)

no way guys they are dying look at them :smile:))

Thank you for feedbacks, I dont know what will happen next therefore I cant imagine their future. Now Im a bit more relax. Thanks for comforting me:) Hope they finish before me:))

Offlinestara
Stranger

#808844 - 03/27/16 03:17 PM (8 years, 2 days ago)

Hello guys,

I have white widow (dinafem) and superskunk (sensi) here. It's their 56 day into flowering. (The seed companies say both have 45-50 days flowering time but I thought I better look and sense the right time.) The trichomes of the leave I picked near the best bud look half cloudy like they have different from everthing also some rare amber points. ( I picked from the bud which pistils mostly orange and curled in.) I know may be it is hard to tell from a distance but what would you say? Should I start flushing? (I plan one or two week flush, the rez water is filled with pk 13/14 people say its strong stuff the ec now is 0,6 though.) Is it possible that it's still early for harvest and having some amber points while half cloudy in the same time? I compare with the pics on the net but the trichomes are not thick cloudy everywhere with mine.

Or did I missed the train for harvest window:/?

Thanks a lot for your feedbacks I appreciate.:thanx:

InvisibleStonethM
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #808846 - 03/27/16 04:18 PM (8 years, 2 days ago)

The pics look :awesome:, I'd be chopping in the next 7 to 14 days.
If you're planning to flush, I'd sart it within the next few days.
That this stage ripening happens fairly quickly.

--------------------

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Trusted Cultivator
    #808908 - 03/28/16 07:19 AM (8 years, 2 days ago)

Yep, pretty close to done. Looks good overall.

--------------------

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #808919 - 03/28/16 12:51 PM (8 years, 1 day ago)

I'd say the same as Stone. 7 to 14 days if you wanna wait for the trichs then you're gonna wait a week or so longer. That trichs and waiting till there amber for a couch lock high and white for a more up high is all a bunch of crap. More myth bullshit in the growing industry. All it is actually is, a sign of maturity based on how much the trichs have degraded. Plus if it was true Sativas would give a Indica high if you let them sit past their maturity date and every trich was amber or harvest Indicas with a Sativa high if you harvested earlier. Lastly indoors some strains never go amber. (white widow is a example).

--------------------

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Trusted Cultivator
    #808923 - 03/28/16 02:43 PM (8 years, 1 day ago)

I agree, and frostiness is not an indication that the plant has a lot of THC either. When I was growing Grapegod most of the tricomes I harvest are clear and tested at 26% THC. The bud doesn't look especially coated.

--------------------

Offlinestara
Stranger

#808925 - 03/28/16 03:30 PM (8 years, 1 day ago)

The interesting thing is that on some of the clear looking trichs I see amber heads. That's what made me confused...I thought it's sth linear. clear-milky white-amber. But as you say this now I think, may be this strain is never gonna look full milky white... I'll be checking what they will look like a few days later...

Im happy to be here.:smile:

Thanks to everyone really appreciate your help...

Have a great time!

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Trusted Cultivator
    #808930 - 03/28/16 06:21 PM (8 years, 1 day ago)

I pulled a jar of grapegod that was curing for 1 year (jar the whole time, taped shut for 1 yr after drying) and none of the tricomes changed to milky or amber. Maybe a few of them  that was probably like that when I jarred them, but most were still clear. What I'd like to see is a lab test to compare what happens over a 1 yr period but I'm not that well stocked.

--------------------

Offlinestara
Stranger

#808973 - 03/29/16 03:53 PM (8 years, 20 hours ago)

I hope I wont have this kind. :smile: It would be too informative for a first grow. :smile: I'll keep that in mind thanks!

Offlinestara
Stranger

#809632 - 04/04/16 02:27 PM (7 years, 11 months ago)

Hi again, after one week wait for the trichs now I took some new pics. May be I should go for a bit more with nutrients? To get clody trichs... without counting the transition week it's now 55th day of flowering. (I was always counting with it but may be it was wrong... May be one more week before a 2 week flushing?

Any feedbacks will be great... I wait but I dont want to be late either sooo thanks a lot!:smile:

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Trusted Cultivator
    #809723 - 04/05/16 02:58 PM (7 years, 11 months ago)

I'd chop them soon, three more weeks is a long time, but they could also take it from the looks of them.  I always recommend harvesting before or after it foxtails. Going the extra weeks on a strain can be either beneficial or a waste of time, but you gotta see how the strain responds to it.

--------------------

InvisibleStonethM
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #809724 - 04/05/16 03:02 PM (7 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

but you gotta see how the strain responds to it.

Indeed.
Watch for nanner's when pushing over time.
Right many plants will herm if pushed for to long.

--------------------

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #809882 - 04/06/16 07:06 PM (7 years, 11 months ago)

You should be harvesting your plants now. You are already hurting the quality of your crop.

Quote:

I wait but I dont want to be late either sooo thanks a lot!:smile:

To late for that. Now if you're going to flush you're going to have to keep your eyes open for hermie flowers.

--------------------

Offlinestara
Stranger

#810846 - 04/14/16 04:59 PM (7 years, 11 months ago)

Hello guys again, I made a patience cure for myself; I said to myself dont panic and dont ask silly questions because you cant wait a week more.:smile: but you wrote some important things here I didnt see them till now. :smile:

Actually I was checking the trichomes for getting milky. They started to get milky now a bit more. I think some rare amber small heads but not with every bud. I also tested a bud with one day drying and it makes still head high not very physical effect. I think my plants roots have some salt build up problems so the plants are slow in my opinion. (compared to your high performing plants:)) I flush the roots with water to get rid of salt build up every 4-5 days one hour flushing and they eat a lot of food after that. After 4-5 days the nutrient intake is stopping. Is this wrong? EC is 0,5 now but my max EC for the whole grow was 1.

What do you think about them? Do you think I screwed it.? I was planning to start flushing them tommorrow. And in between they will rip fully I have guessed. Now with your comments here should I flush for only one week? Should I forget to expect more amber trichomes and harvest anyway soon.? I would be glad to do that tired of waiting. :smile: I dont want early picked weak high though. So your feedbacks will be golden.

Thanks a lot again!

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Trusted Cultivator
    #810850 - 04/14/16 05:20 PM (7 years, 11 months ago)

looks like it should be a great harvest

--------------------

Offlinestara
Stranger

#810854 - 04/14/16 05:28 PM (7 years, 11 months ago)

thanks a lot! so no worries no panic not late yet? :smile:) May I still flush for 2 weeks more? Or may be some 4 days more with nuts and a 2 week flush. Too much? :smile: Im scared of moving early. :smile:

InvisibleStonethM
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #810862 - 04/14/16 07:21 PM (7 years, 11 months ago)

Their done imo.
Four day flush at most I'd cut and be happy.

--------------------

Offlinestara
Stranger

#810903 - 04/15/16 06:25 AM (7 years, 11 months ago)

Thanks Stoneth really calming comment:))) I really appreciate.

Sorry to be still in doubt but I cant show you macros or sth for trichomes that's why Im also trying to be sure a bit more. :smile: Is it so obvious to you that they are done. :smile: even without seeing trichomes.? Isnt it possible for such looking plant to get more cloudy trichomes whatever I do or how long more I wait? After some point the trend is towards degrading and according to pics you say this time is already passing right? (and may be I cant recognize the trichomes that's also a possibility:))

My last questions I hope:) Thanks... my last efforts to pollinate:))

And a second question of mine will be, I harvest the whole plant at one time then? With this comments I assume that the buds under the canopy will also be ok then if it's already late, right?

:thanx:

Offlinestara
Stranger

#810947 - 04/15/16 05:29 PM (7 years, 11 months ago)

I started the flushing...
I was running the drips 30 minutes on 1 hour off till now.
Now I made the ph of the water 6,2. Should I change it to 24/7 or leave it as it is, any advice would be appreciated.
Thanks again...

Have great time!

InvisibleStonethM
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #810967 - 04/15/16 08:02 PM (7 years, 11 months ago)

No need to change up the watering times.

--------------------

InvisibleNevar44
Stranger

Loc: west/east WA
    #810981 - 04/15/16 11:14 PM (7 years, 11 months ago)

Man, I wanna go hydro soon... Maybe a bucket to start just one

Looks good! :smile:

Four day flush aye? Interesting, at least some people understand how to grow around here lol...

I think I flush  go ten days w my pure happy frog soil grow. No added perlite. Cec fairly high run off is above 999ppm. Prob will pull on full moon after all

U could always experiment w ur flush time, pull some later than others

If u have nute toxicity in future grows, which u DID NOT have this grow.. that could affect how long ud wanna flush

--------------------
Reishi For Cannabis??

This is exactly how I grow

Trade List

InvisibleNevar44
Stranger

Loc: west/east WA
Re: drip system - seedlings - deficiency question [Re: Nevar44]
    #810983 - 04/15/16 11:18 PM (7 years, 11 months ago)

I read somewhere that some white widow phenos don't shine until week 13-14 when they amber up input??

--------------------
Reishi For Cannabis??

This is exactly how I grow

Trade List

Offlinestara
Stranger

Re: drip system - seedlings - deficiency question [Re: Nevar44]
    #810987 - 04/16/16 06:15 AM (7 years, 11 months ago)

Stoneth, thanks again man!

Nevar, thanks, I dont know but now I can see a few %15-20 small amber heads with magnifier. Hope my pheno is not that way. I will look at how long I will be able to flush. I used light feeding the plant didnt need more and I tasted one quick dried small bud few days ago and it's not very harsh we will see the rest.
Hydro is good to try if you are watching the plants. May be next Ill be trying flood and drain it makes me feel that it's making the roots spread more in the medium. This forum is filled with very good growers and at the same time cool people that's true:) A lot of thanks again to everyone sharing knowledge!

Offlinestara
Stranger

#812242 - 05/01/16 04:47 PM (7 years, 10 months ago)

Hey there...

Final yield of 3 plants  : 378 gram... (2 dinafem white widow (yielded better) - 1 sensi superskunk)
Main harvest: 250 gram - flowering day:83 (1 week flush)
128 from the lower buds: 128 gram - flowering day:89 (13 day flush)

Thanks everyone for helping me... A sweet memory :wink:

:cool::iloveyou::smile:

Hope to meet next time!:crazy2::thumbup:

Have great time till then!

InvisibleStonethM
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #812248 - 05/01/16 09:28 PM (7 years, 10 months ago)

:thumbup::awesome:

--------------------

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Trusted Cultivator
    #812265 - 05/02/16 11:45 AM (7 years, 10 months ago)

Awesome

--------------------

Offlinestara
Stranger

#812277 - 05/02/16 02:31 PM (7 years, 10 months ago)

Thanks:) now Im waiting a few weeks to get the benefits of curing. In mason jars %80 filled. Im planning to wait until 3 weeks of curing I think at some point the inner wet parts will also dry. I hope:)

The logic behind curing is drying slowly right? And transformations in selaed environment... With mine the buds are not dry anymore to the touch, not wet but still sticky. Inner parts still moist. The high comes a bit delayed. :smile: How long does it take to say 'ok now they are acceptable nice? Just curious :rolleyes: And to not screw at this point.

Thanks again...:smile:

:smoker:

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Trusted Cultivator
    #812368 - 05/03/16 10:19 AM (7 years, 10 months ago)

When your drying your bud out its super flavorful for the first week then dries to proper moisture and looses the flavor for about two weeks before coming back slowly over the course of a month or two.  I think 2 months is the peak, 6 is also nice but the flavors start to transform and age. You'll start to loose some terpene flavor and gain another (aged/developed flavor).

Ordered a bunch of cheap mini hygrometers for $1.40 each. I got them the other day, mostly because I suspected that I left a little too much moisture in the jars when I sealed them and sure enough, most were in the high 60%. cheap and not very accurate (within 5%) but work for what they do.

If you get a bunch of them you can calibrate them to each other, and test with damp table salt inside a sealed bag--it will hold rH at %75. And they're pretty fast too, within a few seconds of being in the jar it starts to change change.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/281997841045?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

--------------------

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Trusted Cultivator
    #812370 - 05/03/16 10:27 AM (7 years, 10 months ago)

Ideally you will have your buds to the perfect moisture level before you jar them, otherwise you get that crispy on top, dank bud at the bottom effect.  Its best to have all the buds 'dry' to the same degree so they are redistributing moisture from the inside of the bud to the out, not from the bottom of the jar to the top, one bud to another.

Keep your nug sizes consistent so they are the same moisture level and have the same moisture retaining properties. Leafy bud will dry out nuggets because they will dry faster and suck the moisture out of the buds to compensate. And as fun as it is to have big fat colas I've started breaking the larger buds up too since they don't dry properly with a fat main stem in the center. If you want to keep your large buds large, keep them separated from the smaller stuff and make sure to dry it thoroughly. It sucks pulling a nug off the stem only to find its got white fuzz in the center.

--------------------

Offlinestara
Stranger

#812382 - 05/03/16 12:49 PM (7 years, 10 months ago)

Great detailed info thanks man... I will check it. :thanx::wink:

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder