Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinestara
Stranger

drip system - 250w veg - 400 w / 600 w flowering
    #800821 - 12/09/15 01:28 PM (8 years, 3 months ago)

Hello everyone,
Im a newbie here:) second post... (I was in shrooomery before.) This is the cv.:smile: Hope I post in the right forum sorry if Im not...

This is the setup, its a long story I tried to summarize and may be from the pictures you can help me correct the problem with my seedlings.(or may be I will toss them for a new start:()

They are in their fourth week.I transfered them to hydroton like one and a half week ago. I gave them some canna rhizotonic and supervit. The rockwools were a bit wet by the time I transfered them, roots couldnt breath properly. At first drips were streaming 24/7 but with valuable info from Magash thanks a lot to him btw.:smile: I switched to 30/30 streaming to give some chance to roots. I also added 1/4 flora trio combination at first (in the beginnig of the third week) and then after 4-5 days I added 1/4 more.250 watt MH... exhaust fan taking air out of the cabin and out of the room through cooltube. The humidity was low like %30 in the room so I run an humidifier to make it %50-%70. Ph is 5,5-6,5 Temp is getting higher till 27 when light is on.

Here they are what do you think :smile: Btw looking at the pics I feel good but they dont look as healthy and green in the real life. :smile: I wonder if they will get better with time or should I start again from the beginning to save time, money, yield. Thanks from now, love to all cannafellas:))

this white widow has a brown spot on it I searched the web; fungi/deficiency or what?:confused:

this is the other superskunk

this superskunk fell down with the water drip watering on it and I fixed it with a plastic fork. There are some yellowing and curling down on the end of the older leaves.

Edited by stara (02/15/16 05:53 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleStonethM
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Male User Gallery

Loc: No where ville, USA Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: drip system - seedlings - deficiency question [Re: stara]
    #800822 - 12/09/15 02:45 PM (8 years, 3 months ago)

What's the ph?
What's the EC?
How often are you watering?

They don't look bad, I'm guessing about thrre, four weeks old.

--------------------
:getstoned:

Offlinestara
Stranger

Re: drip system - seedlings - deficiency question [Re: Stoneth]
    #800826 - 12/09/15 03:15 PM (8 years, 3 months ago)

Hey :smile:
ph: I make 5,5 at night and then it climbs up to 6,3 till morning, then again I correct it.(canna ph down and up)
ec:I will buy one ec meter... but for now I added 1/4 flora trio and after 5 days I added extra 1/4 (this was 4 days ago).
For the first week I watered (stream) 24/7 and then I corrected it by changing to 30min on 30min off. The hydroclays look dry a bit but I cant see whats happening inside:( The house is a dry house btw. because of heaters and the fan gets the whole humidity of the cabin though I run an humidifier. I think I will add one humidifier outside the tent to balance. (its a passive intake system)

any input I appriciate...thanks

InvisibleStonethM
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #800881 - 12/09/15 08:48 PM (8 years, 3 months ago)

You can most likely cut your watering back to 30 minutes on, one to two hours off.  And there isn't much need for water during the dark period.
Ph sounds good tho the swinging sounds fucked up but happens to some growers.
Knowing ec helps monitor nute strength.  1/4 should be safe.

What size, and kind of  light are you running?  And how far above the plant is it?

--------------------

Offlinestara
Stranger

#800932 - 12/10/15 11:35 AM (8 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Stoneth said:
You can most likely cut your watering back to 30 minutes on, one to two hours off.  And there isn't much need for water during the dark period.

Now I cut it to 30min. on and one hour off to be safe.  Im not sure if the clays will stay moist the house is already a dry house. For this reason it can go with the same during the dark 6 hour period if its not a big deal?And at flowering period do you water 24/7?

Quote:

What size, and kind of  light are you running?  And how far above the plant is it?

250W Metal halide inside the cooltube and its 60cm far above the plants should I move it closer to give more lumen?Im carefull a bit cause their young.

The lower leaves are going bad is it normal; the new leaves look healthy actually. I read that giving a good start is a sign of good future but is it always the case?

Thanks a lot! :wink:

InvisibleStonethM
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #801161 - 12/13/15 10:15 AM (8 years, 3 months ago)

Watering during the dark is OK, it shouldn't hurt the plants at all.  Tho it most likely isn't needed.
The beginner rule of thumb with a drip is light on water on, light off water off.  So you should be good to go on that part of life.

As for the light height, 60cm seems a bit far for a 250.  Hold your hand above your plants palm down about 2 inches or so.  Then lower the light until you feel the heat of the bulb on the back of your hand.  Keep in mind if it's uncomfortable to your hand it will be harmful to the plants.

--------------------

Offlinestara
Stranger

#801169 - 12/13/15 01:00 PM (8 years, 3 months ago)

thanks again... I will make updates :smile:

Offlinestara
Stranger

#801633 - 12/17/15 02:30 PM (8 years, 3 months ago)

Hello,

Ive got some updated pics do you think the plants have nutrient (nitrogen?) deficiency? Because the old - first and second - leaves are getting yellow and curly drying and the tips of some leaves are a bit light green; I will measure ppm tommorrow but I wanted to ask beforehand. I added a bit less nutrient solution to be safe (1/4 flora trio) as I dont have a ppm meter yet.They are in their fifth week.

Thank you! And have a nice day and night:)

white widow:

superskunk

Offlinestara
Stranger

#801813 - 12/19/15 05:46 AM (8 years, 3 months ago)

Hello,

I have a HM tds/ec meter now NaCl(0,5avg).
http://www.tdsmeter.com/products/com80.html

The resevoir is filled with nutrient water (2 weeks and I havent changed anything yet) Its a drip system.

Ec:1,7
ppm: 845
PH range (5,4-6,2)

Now should I change the whole water in the reservoir? (do bad materials exist in the water in this early stage? And do these bad materials increase ppm? The plants look like they have nutirent deficiency but this measurements dont look like weak right...)

What ppm would you advice for the new water if I change the whole water? (I use flora trio and canna rhizotonic(though this has less nutirents I think))

Or would it be ok if I only add extra nutirents to the reservoir without changing the whole water in it...in this stage?

Thanks for input...

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #801820 - 12/19/15 08:35 AM (8 years, 3 months ago)

Nutrient levels are gonna change as the nutrient get used. Remember the plants use water faster then nutrients so the level in the res is gonnna go up and as the nutrient level goes up the ph will go down. A few times over the course of using the solution check the ppm every few days and add a little water when needed to bring the numbers down to your range and correct the ph if needed.

Been two weeks change out the solution. Keep the ec around 1.4 to 1.6 and keep the ph around 6.

:happyweed:

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

Offlinestara
Stranger

Re: drip system - seedlings - deficiency question [Re: Magash]
    #801867 - 12/20/15 05:15 AM (8 years, 3 months ago)

great I did it... lets see what happens thanks :smile:

Offlinestara
Stranger

#802130 - 12/24/15 11:31 AM (8 years, 3 months ago)

Hi again,

With the Ph around 6 and 1,2 EC, its been 4 days now and I saw some burning signs on the lower leaves tips.(Actually I was wondering when I was adding nutrients I had to add the amount the manufacturer adviced - flora trio- and I felt a bit nervous because it's always said to add the half they advice, however, with the half dosage EC wouldnt have been 1.2 so I went on to see what happens)

After the burning signs yesterday I diluted the reservoir to EC 1 and poured 5,8 ph water on the pebbles to wash away some excess nutrients. Today again the EC was 1,1 and I repeated the process adding ph water again now the EC is 1 again.

I have several questions:

1)Did I do a right think by washing and diluting or is it normal for the plant to have this kind of burning at first?
2)Do my plants lack roots and is this the reason they couldnt handle the EC 1.2?
3)Is it possible that my HM digital ec meter showing wrong EC?:smile:
4)Do my plants still look good:)? Should I do anything else. (more diluting?or leaving them alone to adapt?)
5)Is it better to produce roots first in the rockwool; and then feeding them in the reservoir because my other experiment rockwool plants roots are looking good and that made me think of this idea? And I saw some videos like this. :smile:

Pics are below:

Thanks again I appreciate! It was a good exprience I hope it will last:))

This is the rockwool I saved to see what happens and the roots look cool. Is it worth to wait for the roots to get like this before transferring to reservoir system? I gave the rockwool rhizotonic water from the bottom.

InvisibleStonethM
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #802136 - 12/24/15 01:17 PM (8 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

1)Did I do a right think by washing and diluting or is it normal for the plant to have this kind of burning at first?

Yes.  A plant's size, age, health, etc..  can effect how much it wants to eat.
Quote:

2)Do my plants lack roots and is this the reason they couldnt handle the EC 1.2?

:yesnod:  Could have something to do with it.
Quote:

3)Is it possible that my HM digital ec meter showing wrong EC?

Also a possibility.
Quote:

4)Do my plants still look good:)? Should I do anything else. (more diluting?or leaving them alone to adapt?)

Appear healthy in the pics to me.  Tho I am a legally blind guy.:smile:  Just keep the res topped off, and the ph right and see what happens.
Quote:

5)Is it better to produce roots first in the rockwool; and then feeding them in the reservoir because my other experiment rockwool plants roots are looking good and that made me think of this idea? And I saw some videos like this.

Yeah producing roots is a good way t start.  In fact the first two to three weeks of a mj plant's life nutrients aren't needed.

--------------------

Offlinestara
Stranger

#802178 - 12/25/15 12:16 PM (8 years, 3 months ago)

thanks!:smile: when do you think I should top them? There is one five star set leaves now.

InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #802271 - 12/27/15 07:36 PM (8 years, 3 months ago)

I would top now.  I start em real early

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

Offlinestara
Stranger

Re: drip system - seedlings - deficiency question [Re: Hawksresurrection]
    #802293 - 12/28/15 02:06 PM (8 years, 2 months ago)

I dont trust everything I do now:) so I decided to wait for one more 5star set to get the plant more strong before I top :smile: because the lower leaves are a bit burning... hope it will stop.

I m planning to top from the place shown here do you think its a good way?
And do you top with scissors or fingers?
http://www.growweedeasy.com/topping-fiming

thanks for feedback learning makes me feel good:)

InvisibleStonethM
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #802295 - 12/28/15 02:37 PM (8 years, 2 months ago)

If I were to top I'd use a razor blade, or a very sharp pair of scissors.

--------------------

InvisibleChemical Addiction
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #802296 - 12/28/15 02:40 PM (8 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

stara said:
ph: I make 5,5 at night and then it climbs up to 6,3 till morning, then again I correct it.(canna ph down and up)

I was told not to use both PH down and PH up in the same reservoir. The mixing of an acid and base can do damage to the plant. I don't know how true that is but if you can try to just use one or the other, for me its always ph down.

--------------------
Sure. Don't expect me to compensate your wife and five retarded kids after I've drowned your exposed brain in my semen.
    Spider Jerusalem

InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: drip system - seedlings - deficiency question [Re: Chemical Addiction]
    #802306 - 12/28/15 11:17 PM (8 years, 2 months ago)

I always just pinch them off

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

Offlinestara
Stranger

Re: drip system - seedlings - deficiency question [Re: Hawksresurrection]
    #802362 - 12/29/15 01:24 PM (8 years, 2 months ago)

They say: Cervantes says topping in the dark period is better but I topped them at the third hour of the day; I pinched them cause I didnt have any razor blade left.. we will see the results...:smile:

thanks for the feedbacks... I will make updates...

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder