Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | Next >
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleFox
healer
Male

Loc: traveling
Re: 12 Crystal (NL x WW), 3 Purple Haze, 5 GDP - MH + CFL's... I Have Returned! [Re: Inverted]
    #319367 - 11/20/09 07:33 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Inverted said:

What do ya think?

Wow, you're right I am proud!  Man they're just taking off!  Can't wait for flowering :vaped:

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

Loc: North Star Flag
Re: 12 Crystal (NL x WW), 3 Purple Haze, 5 GDP - MH + CFL's... I Have Returned! [Re: Fox]
    #320712 - 11/23/09 08:23 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

:lol:  You and me both Fox!!!

Here's the ScrOG screen I made and plan to install in a week, which should be 3-4 days before I flip the lights.

Some are already showing sex!  I can't wait to get the males out of there and free up the room they so deperately need to get a transplant and stretch their arms (branches, fan leaves) and feet (root system).

--------------------
Don't criticize what you can't understand

InvisibleFox
healer
Male

Loc: traveling
Re: 12 Crystal (NL x WW), 3 Purple Haze, 5 GDP - MH + CFL's... I Have Returned! [Re: Inverted]
    #320743 - 11/23/09 08:45 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Very nice screen!
You seem to be quite the handyman with all the building involved in this grow.  Looks great!

Check out my thread, I got my car in today :bigjoint:

--------------------

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

Re: 12 Crystal (NL x WW), 3 Purple Haze, 5 GDP - MH + CFL's... I Have Returned! [Re: Fox]
    #320795 - 11/23/09 10:28 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

:awesome:

I'll check it out now!!! How exciting.

I am very good with my hands, as most jobs I've had consisted of me building/designing molds and prototypes out of different materials like Aluminum and different types of Wood.  I love it so much.  When I retire when I'm older I would like to build a wood/metalworking shop and make furniture and simple automotive parts that can be created on a Lathe and CNC Mill.  That's what I'd prefer to do for a living, and now is the time to try to get a job in that market again as it is improving finally!

But as a hobby it feels more worth while, since all the rewards are reaped by myself, and not my boss! :yesnod:

--------------------

OfflineKaptKid
Spaced Pirate
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bright Side of the Sun
    #320917 - 11/24/09 06:32 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Looking good ,Dude

I'll be watching this one.  :popcorn:

--------------------
Child of the 60's, Tripping ever sence.

OfflineDudeTron
 User Gallery
Re: 12 Crystal (NL x WW), 3 Purple Haze, 5 GDP - MH + CFL's... I Have Returned! [Re: KaptKid]
    #320951 - 11/24/09 09:17 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

They're comin right along man!

Anxious to find out how many girls you got... Mine just started showing preflowers a couple days ago.. got a male for sure... :frown:

Pretty even growth on yours too... Maybe having them all crowded like that forces them to compete for the light in such a way that they stretch accordingly regardless of nodes etc...

Very cool dude! Good luck!

OfflineSteve Buscemi

Re: 12 Crystal, 3 Purple Haze, 200w CFL's - 150w HPS (for flowering) I Have Returned! [Re: Inverted]
    #321580 - 11/25/09 03:06 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Don't you have any concerns reducing your light form 200w cfl to only 150w hps for flowering.....wouldn't adding the hps and the cfl for the 12/12 light switch be a better idea.
400w-600w setups are super cheap. I got my 400w hps ballast and hood for $200 and the bulb for $40 and it's lasted years or infrequent use.

OfflineIntegra21
Up and coming Farmer

Trusted Cultivator
Re: 12 Crystal, 3 Purple Haze, 200w CFL's - 150w HPS (for flowering) I Have Returned! [Re: Steve Buscemi]
    #321584 - 11/25/09 03:14 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

looking good Inverted. I only have a small concern about your screen. How big are the holes in the screen. Generally you dont want to go smaller than 1"x1". If you do it gets to hard to work the plants trough and pray you dont have to move a branch once buds have started to form. Nice build though, looks clean and pro.

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

Re: 12 Crystal, 3 Purple Haze, 200w CFL's - 150w HPS (for flowering) I Have Returned! [Re: Integra21]
    #321664 - 11/25/09 05:47 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Steve Buscemi said:
Don't you have any concerns reducing your light form 200w cfl to only 150w hps for flowering.....wouldn't adding the hps and the cfl for the 12/12 light switch be a better idea.
400w-600w setups are super cheap. I got my 400w hps ballast and hood for $200 and the bulb for $40 and it's lasted years or infrequent use.

:lol:

I totally see what you are saying here but i'm not getting rid of the CFL's at all, i'm just ADDING the HPS to my current lighting.

200w of CFL has done a GREAT job thus far for vegging though... Barely any stretch at all.

I won't be able to take pics for a week but I can tell you that they don't even look like the same plants...  Most are already 6 inches tall with 6-8 nodes.  I plan to put the screen in there in the next couple days, train the plants for 4-5 and then switch.

Quote:

Integra21 said:
looking good Inverted. I only have a small concern about your screen. How big are the holes in the screen. Generally you dont want to go smaller than 1"x1". If you do it gets to hard to work the plants trough and pray you dont have to move a branch once buds have started to form. Nice build though, looks clean and pro.

Thanks for checkin' out this grow Integra!  The holes are exactly 1 inch, and I figured pulling the tops through that space won't be a hassle, but any smaller and it would be.

I've gotten rid/set aside 3 males so far, with no confirmed females... I'm assuming that's because the fems usually show about a week later than the males.  I'm really getting anxious to flower now because they are starting to branch out, and already take up 1/3 of my height restrictions.  The smell is already strong and reminds me of diesel and fruit.  I'm hoping for 6 good females to weave through that screen, and I vegged longer than I planned trying to squeeze every little bit out of this box, yield wise.

Looks like a jungle in there.

--------------------

Offlinehelmet
Bag Seed Veteran
Male

Loc: Pacific NW
    #321682 - 11/25/09 06:52 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Inverted said:

Some are already showing sex!

nice screen heh. and am i the only person that will veg a plant untill i know what sex it is?

--------------------

Third grow  Third grow  Second grow  First grow(in that order) Fun Times :smile:

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

Re: 12 Crystal (NL x WW), 3 Purple Haze, 5 GDP - MH + CFL's... I Have Returned! [Re: helmet]
    #321700 - 11/25/09 08:27 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

No.

I wait until knowing sex so I don't waste a bunch of time and equipment on males...

The males usually show after 21 days, and females around 27-30

--------------------

OfflineTomCollins

#321951 - 11/26/09 01:22 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Hey Inverted,

Nice grow! Yeah our scrogs are really similar! Yours is much nicer looking though than mine.

--------------------
andyistic said:
Ok so let me bring you idiots up to speed.
The admins are tired of this shitfest being made the joke of the weed community on the Internet.

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

Re: 12 Crystal (NL x WW), 3 Purple Haze, 5 GDP - MH + CFL's... I Have Returned! [Re: TomCollins]
    #321999 - 11/26/09 02:11 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Thanks dude, I've been following you journal very closely, and you are doing awesome.

I'm getting anxious to see some buds, it's almost time to flower... :devil:

--------------------

InvisibleFurrowedBrowM
Free yourself from yourself
Male User Gallery

Loc: Carpal Tunnel
Trusted Cultivator
Re: 12 Crystal, 3 Purple Haze, 5 GDP - MH + CFL's... I Have Returned! [Re: Inverted]
    #326283 - 12/03/09 07:49 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

no pictures since 11/19?  Someone's got something to do....:tongue:

--------------------

Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies - Become a member!
The Growery's Herb Museum (post #24)
I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery.
~ Thomas Jefferson ~

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

Re: 12 Crystal, 3 Purple Haze, 5 GDP - MH + CFL's... I Have Returned! [Re: FurrowedBrow]
    #326313 - 12/03/09 08:15 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

What can I say?  I have been working my ass off on the betterment of this project.  Since I basically had a woodworking shop to work in for a week, I took advantage!  I didn't have the best materials, but in the end it made the box a shit load of a lot stronger.  I can stand on any point of it and it doesn't even flinch.  Problem is, now the fucker weighs about 100lbs! :lol:

I got my camera back (parents borrowed it and took it to Mexico) and will be able to take pictures tonight.  I think you will be pleasantly surprised.

Although the plants don't look big, they are just extremely dense.  1/2 inch node spacing on most of them.  The Haze on the other had is growing like crazy.  Definitely going to have to tie them down or my canopy will be too uneven.  Also I am getting my HPS this week.

Pictures in a couple hours.

--------------------

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

Re: 12 Crystal, 3 Purple Haze, 5 GDP - MH + CFL's... I Have Returned! [Re: Inverted]
    #326440 - 12/03/09 10:21 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Finally i'm able to bring you a picture update!

I was in the dark cycle (day 6) so I didn't want to go flashing them in the face a bunch so I just snapped a couple candid shots to give you an Idea.

I think I actually have 2 Haze females, unless the plant that looks identical to it (skinny sativa leaves) is a different pheno of the Chrystal, but that seems unlikely as ALL of the Chrystal plants were nearly identical. 

The new box is 90% done.  Just need to silicone the cracks and paint her with another coat and then mount the CFL's until the HPS gets here!

I'm getting really really excited, and these plants stink more than any strain i've ever grown!

Enough talk for now.  Here's the goods!  :wink:

:w0ahhhhmahnnn:

--------------------

InvisibleFurrowedBrowM
Free yourself from yourself
Male User Gallery

Loc: Carpal Tunnel
Trusted Cultivator
    #326446 - 12/03/09 10:30 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

loookin great man!  wont be long now.

--------------------

Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies - Become a member!
The Growery's Herb Museum (post #24)
I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery.
~ Thomas Jefferson ~

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

Re: 12 Crystal, 3 Purple Haze, 5 GDP - MH + CFL's... I Have Returned! [Re: FurrowedBrow]
    #326620 - 12/04/09 11:18 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

I come bearing photos!

Now that the lights are on I can take a better shot.  I still don't take much time at all though, because nothing is really worth examining too closely just yet, although nodes have starting growing hairs on the 2 Haze Females, and All plants except for one have showed their sex, and out of 15 plants, I gave my GF 1, so out of the original 14 that I HAVE, only 4 were females!!! WTF is up with that?  I'm guessing the last will be female, as all of the males showed early, as usual.

That's only a 33% ratio... that blows.  Oh well that is actually alright because now I can put 4 plants in my new box, they will grow larger because they will have more space and more light, so I'll be expecting 1oz per plant now, especially because of how these Chrystal yield... Pretty heavily.  The buds also can be rock hard if the right pheno is obtained, which I seemed to try to isolate with this group, I have at least 2 of them.  The Haze won't yield quite so much, but they are also larger than the Chyrstal by at least 4-5 inches, but is intended more for a head stash than anything.  I have trouble wake n baking with heavy Indica's.

I actually think that these haze seeds were pollinated by a chrystal male, because Lucid said he left a Chrystal male too long.  That would be great because it would hopefully shorten the flowering time and height of the plant, while still holding some of that Sativa effect.  Plus the smell was out of this world.  Smelled of pure blueberries.

If the 5th plant is a female, i'm going to have to get rid of it unless I can figure some alternate way to grow it...

The bushiness of those in the cups is unreal.  Note the leaf stacking!  They are definitely taking on the characteristics of the parent plants!  I love the kerosene smell they emit... so strong.  They have got to be nearly a pure Indica, but I thought that WW was 50% Sativa or something?  I'm seeing no Sat. traits in any of the Chrystal...

Anywhoooo I have a good feeling these are going to turn out fantastic, and that makes me smile!

I can't believe I can get away with that much rootspace and still get decent results!  The last picture is the best, fastest growing plant, and is a male, so he has been selected for breeding with the Haze, and also with another Chrystal.  I believe I got that seed mixed up and it may be an Afghani male because it's not like ANY of the Chrystal in any way.  Either way he has great traits, and I desire them.

Here we go! (Day 6 flowering, Total-Day 33 Haze/29 Chrystal)

Edited by Inverted (12/13/09 12:22 AM)

OfflineIntegra21
Up and coming Farmer

Trusted Cultivator
    #326726 - 12/04/09 02:12 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Did you flower them to determine sex, because in the end, preflowers dont mean shit. just curious, because none of the plants look like they are flowering. They do look very healthy and keep up the great work. Cant wait to see these girls in full bloom.

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

Re: 12 Crystal, 3 Purple Haze, 5 GDP - MH + CFL's... I Have Returned! [Re: Integra21]
    #326786 - 12/04/09 04:12 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Nearly all of the males showed sex before swithing the schedule.

Quote:

Integra21 said:
because in the end, preflowers dont mean shit.

:lol:  Are you being serious?  I've never had a plant preflower female and then grow male when flowered.  I think you are false on that statement.  I can identify the sex up to a week before the hairs even emerge... I've got a great eye for determining females early.

And to answer your question, yes they are in flowering, but the males had already shown, and 2 females.  Now that I'm on day 6 of flowering, the females have all shown except one.  I don't waste soil and transplants on males.

Obviously they don't look like they are flowering, it hasn't even been a week!  This strain is 3/4 Northern Lights 1/4 WW, but 90% of the phenos have almost the exact growth structure.  Super short and dense, meaning these aren't going to be tall at all and won't stretch as much as a strain with more sativa influence.  Like I said, I doubt they will make it over 20", not to mention i'm going to put the screen in shortly.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | Next >

Shop: North Spore Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds