Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | Next >
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineDudeTron
 User Gallery
Re: 12 Crystal (NL x WW), 3 Purple Haze, 5 GDP - MH + CFL's... I Have Returned! [Re: Inverted]
    #315037 - 11/13/09 04:58 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

So how are you tucking them in at night?  Just covering the whole thing with a blanket or something after lights out?

Sorry if you already explained your ventage, just curious...

They look badass though bro!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

Loc: North Star Flag
Re: 12 Crystal (NL x WW), 3 Purple Haze, 5 GDP - MH + CFL's... I Have Returned! [Re: DudeTron]
    #315046 - 11/13/09 06:24 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Oh sorry about that guys, yeah I suppose I never did explain that.

As the financial situation I'm in right now is glum, I can't afford any new equipment for this grow.  I'm an indoor/outdoor grower and this is my first 100% indoor, and I'm using all materials found around the house/garage.

I do NOT have an exhaust fan but I do have a large fan blowing through a large slot area in my box's lid (not pictured) moving enough air around inside to shake the leaves a little to strengthen the stems at young age.

They are in the basement on a 24/0 light regimen so there are no "lights out" yet... There is no bedtime for these hard working ladies!  They are growing so much that each day when I check on em' I say to myself "OMG what happened in here!?"

It's plenty warm in there during the winter and temps will NEVER be an issue w/ this grow...  I feel lucky being able to say that.  Where's that HPS when you need it most!?

--------------------
Don't criticize what you can't understand

Edited by Inverted (11/13/09 07:27 AM)

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

Re: 12 Crystal (NL x WW), 3 Purple Haze, 5 GDP - MH + CFL's... I Have Returned! [Re: Inverted]
    #317424 - 11/17/09 04:13 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

2 weeks update!

Smaller plants are 10 days.

Looking great, growth rate is high.  :yesnod:

--------------------

InvisibleFox
healer
Male

Loc: traveling
    #317469 - 11/17/09 05:04 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

HOLY COW!!!!

They're so big now!!  Have I really been gone that long?

wow. they look wonderful man!  looks like they have a very nice loving father, obviously. 

mmmmmmmm:drooling:

--------------------

InvisibleFurrowedBrowM
Free yourself from yourself
Male User Gallery

Loc: Carpal Tunnel
Trusted Cultivator
Re: 12 Crystal (NL x WW), 3 Purple Haze, 5 GDP - MH + CFL's... I Have Returned! [Re: Fox]
    #317573 - 11/17/09 07:06 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Lookin sharp!  They sure are growing fast now!  :thumbup::thumbup:

--------------------

Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies - Become a member!
The Growery's Herb Museum (post #24)
I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery.
~ Thomas Jefferson ~

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

Re: 12 Crystal (NL x WW), 3 Purple Haze, 5 GDP - MH + CFL's... I Have Returned! [Re: FurrowedBrow]
    #317629 - 11/17/09 09:55 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Fox said:
HOLY COW!!!!

They're so big now!!  Have I really been gone that long?

wow. they look wonderful man!  looks like they have a very nice loving father, obviously. 

mmmmmmmm:drooling:

You haven't been gone that long bro!  The large are 14 days old and the small are 10 so it hasn't been long at all.  This is the growth rate I wanted when I switched to good strains!  My bagseed would be this developed after 18 or so days, not 14!  I'm loving it.

At this rate, they will be ready to flower in one week.  That makes 3 weeks of veg time, 9 weeks of flower.  A 3 month grow cycle is what i'm shooting for, because 3-4 oz's (what i'm expecting per cycle) is enough to keep me and my fiance stoned until the next harvest rolls around.

I wish I had a separate vegetation chamber, because then I could have a staggered harvest time/perpetual system and then could be pulling maybe 2 oz's every month out of that box.  That would be nice.  :awesome:

Quote:

FurrowedBrow said:
Lookin sharp!  They sure are growing fast now!  :thumbup::thumbup:

Thank you sir!  Yup!  It's time to kick off the training wheels and let these bitches roll!  Now that they (quickly I might add) have enough solar panels to really suck up the light, they will start to grow exponentially, i'm starting to get excited.

--------------------

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

#318887 - 11/19/09 09:24 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Okay so tonight I went to Wal-Mart and they actually had a pretty decent lighting selection, although they only had MV ballasts and NO MH or HPS... Kinda disappointing.

Anyways while I was there I found some nice 42w CFL's in the 2700k spectrum :awesome:

So I picked up 2, which brings the total to 42+42+30+30+30+30=200+watts of warm color light, so I should be OK until my HPS arrives in time for the majority of the flowering cycle.

Here's a little sneak peak at how they are doing... Growing more and more every day!

What do ya think?

--------------------

InvisibleStonethM
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Male User Gallery

Loc: No where ville, USA Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #318919 - 11/19/09 10:05 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Looking good man.:thumbup::thumbup:

Offlinehelmet
Bag Seed Veteran
Male

Loc: Pacific NW
    #318921 - 11/19/09 10:06 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

nice avatar inverted, you put a leaf on your lampshade, and then inverted the color info? heh either way, looks cool. and the babies are looking quite nice

3-4oz last you and someone else 3-4 months?! man i need to cut back.

--------------------

Third grow  Third grow  Second grow  First grow(in that order) Fun Times :smile:

Edited by helmet (11/19/09 10:07 PM)

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

Re: 12 Crystal (NL x WW), 3 Purple Haze, 5 GDP - MH + CFL's... I Have Returned! [Re: helmet]
    #319003 - 11/20/09 01:10 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Thanks guys.

Yep that's exactly what I did, I was stoned and thought it looked cool.  The leaf is solid white.  I also have quite a few colored versions, but greyscale looked best.

Well I don't smoke as often as I want to believe me.  I have to limit myself and have resorted to using a one hitter.  It has brought my tolerance down so much that if I were to pack a full bowl and smoke it, it would be the equivilent of you smoking a blunt or whatever so that's how I manage that.  1g a day keeps the crazy away!

Anyways back on topic.  These plants are ranging from 4-6 inches tall, and probably growing up to 1/2+ inches per 24hrs...  If I have about say 18-20 inches, from top of pot to the max possible growth point (below the light sources), don't you think I should flower them within 4 or 5 days?  In my opinion the plants seem to stretch a lot during flowering, even with ample light... :shrug:

Anyone have any thoughts on what I should do to maximize yield?  Should I LST these plants or try to get them narrow, tall, and packed together more like a SOG?  I could also build a ScrOG as I have the materials needed to build one standing by.  What shall I do?

Let the Growery Decide!
Which method should I use for my situation?
You may choose only one

Votes accepted from (11/20/09 01:09 AM) to (No end specified)
You must vote before you can view the results of this poll

--------------------

Offlinehelmet
Bag Seed Veteran
Male

#319019 - 11/20/09 01:32 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

my votes for a scrog, which in my mind is a safer LST.

--------------------

Third grow  Third grow  Second grow  First grow(in that order) Fun Times :smile:

Invisiblecaptain.koons
Failed Botanist
Trusted Cultivator
Re: 12 Crystal, 3 Purple Haze, 5 GDP - MH + CFL's... I Have Returned! [Re: Inverted]
    #319027 - 11/20/09 01:58 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

scrog is likely the highest yielding training method but I don't like fucking nets and shit binding my plants in funky ways.

I either SoG(25plants sq meter-ish) or have small bushes (9-16plants per sq meter)

with bushes I top/lst as needed for an even canopy. I probably supercrop more than lst since I find it's very time efficient.

--------------------

TROLLS NEED LOVE TOO!

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

Re: 12 Crystal, 3 Purple Haze, 5 GDP - MH + CFL's... I Have Returned! [Re: captain.koons]
    #319036 - 11/20/09 02:59 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

I'm the same way Koons, if I had the room i'd leave em untouched and grow christmas trees but that's not an option, this is a mini grow of sorts, but trying to squeeze as much bud out as possible.  I kinda like the mini-SOG method, as I don't need to train, and when I flower I'll be getting hopefully 8 or 9 females, which would be the perfect amount of plants, and that way I can grow them out larger.

The optimal plan is to grow them for TWO more weeks under the increased wattage CFL's in hopes of getting larger plants before I switch them, but then I would have to implement some sort of LST, as height WILL become an issue if they stretch more than I anticipate.

--------------------

Offlinehelmet
Bag Seed Veteran
Male

Re: 12 Crystal, 3 Purple Haze, 5 GDP - MH + CFL's... I Have Returned! [Re: Inverted]
    #319040 - 11/20/09 03:30 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

am i scrogging my plants wrong by just keeping them under my screen rather than winding them thru it? i mean eventualyl once the plant stretches out across the screen enouhg i'll let it go up towards the light. i don't have the light penetration to do a sog. i could see myself doing it if i had several t5's to put down below the canopy to encourage lower bud production.

--------------------

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

Re: 12 Crystal, 3 Purple Haze, 5 GDP - MH + CFL's... I Have Returned! [Re: helmet]
    #319041 - 11/20/09 03:44 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

I usually see people wind it back under once it has grown enough to do so, then each brach will come up through its own hole?

I'm just using an educated guess.  I think as long as you keep the main tip down you are doing just fine!

--------------------

Offlinehelmet
Bag Seed Veteran
Male

#319050 - 11/20/09 05:04 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

yeah, that's the methodology i took into it, keep the tip under the screen. i just want to be able to remove the screen before flowering to transfere my plants into 5gallon buckets. i should prolly start doing that soon i suppose.

i rembmer seeing on here someone posted a picture of them letting their plant grow right up thru the screen, and bragged like it was an accomplishment lol.. wish i could find it again, but i've been unsuccesful

--------------------

Edited by helmet (11/20/09 05:05 AM)

Invisiblejwes420
Support Legalization!
 User Gallery

Loc: NE Great Lake Region
Re: 12 Crystal, 3 Purple Haze, 5 GDP - MH + CFL's... I Have Returned! [Re: helmet]
    #319065 - 11/20/09 09:03 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

I think scrog is the way to go. Zip ties and a solid grate screen makes them a lot easier to train.

--------------------

.........."And You Will Come to Find, that WE are ALL, ONE MIND.....
.....Capable of ALL that's IMAGINED, and ALL That's CONCIEVABLE.....

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

Re: 12 Crystal, 3 Purple Haze, 5 GDP - MH + CFL's... I Have Returned! [Re: jwes420]
    #319152 - 11/20/09 01:13 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Yeah i'm still unsure, I might end up either grow as many females as possible, so the height stays down, or I can cull the worst couple females/donate them so that I have more room for the remaining ladies to get larger, and I might tie them down too.

I'm looking through for preflowers and I seem to have 1 male Crystal Plant, the tallest nicest stinkiest one of course, and 1 Female Haze!

:yesnod:  it has begun.

--------------------

InvisibleFurrowedBrowM
Free yourself from yourself
Male User Gallery

Loc: Carpal Tunnel
Trusted Cultivator
    #319159 - 11/20/09 01:18 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Are you going to destroy that male or take some pollen off it?  I voted for scrog.

--------------------

Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies - Become a member!
The Growery's Herb Museum (post #24)
I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery.
~ Thomas Jefferson ~

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

Re: 12 Crystal, 3 Purple Haze, 5 GDP - MH + CFL's... I Have Returned! [Re: FurrowedBrow]
    #319166 - 11/20/09 01:31 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Okay, I think scrog will be my best bet, because I can keep them low, and keep the number of plants high.  I'll get to work on building it right now!  If I end up not using it oh well, I already have the materials handy and am bored and wanted to build something anyways.

I think I might keep him separate, just use 1 clf to flower him and collect some pollen?  What do you guys think,  that way I can cross the Crystal with the Haze, which already seems to have happend...  Some of the Haze's smell a little like the Crytal too, and it is possible that crystal pollen got on the Haze females...  That's okay w/ me, makes it more suitable for indoor anyways!

I mean I can always just freeze the pollen and use it later, I already have a collection going.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | Next >

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore Cultivation Supplies