Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisiblemhbound
Ballin out at all cost
Male User Gallery

Loc: High Flag
Re: I'm baaaaaack [Re: coda]
    #334301 - 12/21/09 12:58 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Get em scrong before you turn them light :wink:

--------------------
Suck my balls America

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
Re: I'm baaaaaack [Re: mhbound]
    #336192 - 12/25/09 12:04 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Here's some new pics for this thread.  Just gave the Sour D mom a bit of a hair cut this morning.  Didn't keep any for cones, just wanted to thin out the canopy a bit and let some of the branches harden up quicker.  Cut down a lot of spaghetti stem branches that had stretched up to reach light. That pile of leaves and stalks is what I trimmed out.  Mistakenly cut down a good branch, but no biggie got plenty more to choose from.

The plant in the solo cup is the remaining clone I have.  Gave the other two rooted ones to a friend of mine.  Have a bunch more in the cloning chamber.  Switched the way I do clones up a bit.  Bought a new humidity dome and laid down some perlite.  I think the smaller dome I had wasn't working well enough, and the peat pellets were drying out before the plant generated roots.  So I bought a much sturdier dome and added the perlite for more humidity and moisture for the peat.  3 days after I put the dome on one of the newer clippings has roots coming out.  I'll put that one in a solo cup tonight.

I'll probably end up giving the rest of those clones away, I really only have room for 6 plants in my flowering cab and right now it's full.  I will be placing one clone in there though sometime within the next week.  This will give me a month of "practice" with the strain and hopefully I'll be able to figure out a good feeding schedule and how sensitive it is to nutes.  Looking forward to finally flowering her as the bag the seed came from was just awesome.  Hopefully I can do as well with it :smile:

--------------------

MFDoom666: sobriety kills my buzz every time.

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #336752 - 12/26/09 07:04 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Tonight marks day 1 of a Sour D clone going into 12/12.  The clone in the pic above went into a bigger hempy pot, was watered with 1 tsp per gal of FN Grow, and stuck under the HPS.  It's root system was pretty tiny so it will be interesting to see how quickly it adapts to the HPS.  Hopefully without much stress, I'll add in a B1 supplement next watering.

Anyways, I'll update in a couple of days with pics to show how the stretch is going.  My cabinet is now officially stuffed to the gills.  Looks like 8 of these red buckets is the most it can hold.

--------------------

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #337033 - 12/27/09 12:43 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Welp, gave all of my other babies away today to a better home.  If they didn't go with my friend their next home would have been my garbage disposal.

I'm not 100% sure on why I was having such a difficult time cloning them.  But I altered my setup in a few minor ways and within 5 days all 12 clones had roots out the sides. 

So, to anyone that may have some difficulty with their cloning this is what I did.

1.) Replaced the jiffy lid, which was a rectangle shape and only 2 inches tall, with a much taller, dome shaped, lid.  This lid also had some "dials" on the top to let in fresh air which can come in handy.

2.) Added in a seedling mat.  Actually, I had done this a while ago once I noticed the peat pellets were freezing to the touch. 

3.) Added in soaked perlite to the clone tray.  After I added in the heat mat I noticed my peat pellets were drying out really quickly.  The soaked perlite along with the mat provided a nice moist, warm, area for the pellets to sit on and kept my dome nice and humid with no additional misting needed.

I really think it's a combined factor of the above three steps as to why my clones took 2+ weeks to even show root nubs.  First, I believe the short rectangle lid did not allow enough air and humidity to the plants.  I noticed the water formed pools up at the top.  When I switched to the taller dome, I noticed the mist was a much finer type of droplet that "fogged" the tray.

Obviously if your root zone is freezing you'll have trouble.  But, if your root zone is too hot your substrate won't hold moisture and you'll have problems too.  So, the perlite definitely helped me in this area and also made maintenance not an issue.  I could leave the clones be for days without having to do anything.  Plus it's cheap, reusable, and easy to setup.  My whole cloning setup cost me 30 bucks with most of the cost coming in from the heating mat (24$).  I use peat pellets to clone which are dirt cheap to begin with, cloning gel for the hormone, snip and dip then in the pellets in the dome for a week.  Can't beat the cost effectiveness and simplicity of it, I'm thankful I was able to solve my issue as this marks the first time I've ever had any serious problems cloning.

--------------------

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #337614 - 12/28/09 07:28 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

There's the clone I tossed in a few nights ago :smile:

--------------------

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #341100 - 01/05/10 07:08 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Day 10, things are going well with this one.  Stems are hardening up, buds are just starting to form, no complaints here.  Growing and stretching pretty quickly too.  Calyxes are kinda odd, really tiny with very thin stigmas.  Going to be a very light yield from these girls I think, but only time will tell.  If the quality comes close to what I got from the bag, then I'll definitely be happy no matter what I end up with.

--------------------

Offlinesnaggletooth
Stranger in a Strange Land
Male

#341138 - 01/05/10 07:38 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

coda said:

Did you top those as babies?

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
Re: I'm baaaaaack [Re: snaggletooth]
    #341166 - 01/05/10 08:28 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

The clipping may have come from a topped branch, I did remove a small tip that was gnarly looking so the others would grow up a bit stronger.

--------------------

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #349579 - 01/18/10 06:59 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Day 23 of flowering

Here's a couple pics of my sour d plant in the flowering cab.  Almost a month into flowering, buds are really small on this one so far, but it looks like a sativa dominant plant so I'm probably looking at a 70-80 day harvest at best.  Trichome formation is going great, I tried to get a good pic of them through the loupe but that was best I could grab.  I have a feeling this is gonna be a nice and frosty plant, but I also think it will be a relatively low yielder.  Only time will tell, I have 6 more sour d clones waiting for roots right now.  Soon as they root they'll hit the veg cab for maybe a week then the flowering cab.  Gotta clear out the ak x diesel before that can happen though.

--------------------

OfflineDudeTron
 User Gallery
    #350423 - 01/19/10 08:22 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

I was wondering what kind of light do you give those clones?

Do you set flouros just at the top of the dome?

I really like that setup... seems about as good as it gets for soil cloning... I just bought one of those seedling mats. How hot does yours get?  Does it mess with your temps at all?

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
Re: I'm baaaaaack [Re: DudeTron]
    #350462 - 01/19/10 09:35 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

I was wondering what kind of light do you give those clones?

They are under two banks of two 2 ft T-5 Floro lights when seedlings,clones, or my moms.  Cloned in peat pellets, not soil :smile:

Quote:

Do you set flouros just at the top of the dome?

The flo's actually sit at the max height I want my moms to be (1.5 ft give or take).  I like the taller domes because I think it gives them more room to "breathe" and more room for humidity to build up in. 

Quote:

I really like that setup... seems about as good as it gets for soil cloning... I just bought one of those seedling mats. How hot does yours get?  Does it mess with your temps at all?

The seedling mat doesn't generate much heat.  I can place my hand a few inches away and not feel any radiant heat from the mat.  I also never really tested the temps of the root zone, I wouldn't imagine the chamber the clones are in gets above 80 F.  As far as I can tell the seedling mat has not bothered any of the other plants in veg.

--------------------

OfflineDudeTron
 User Gallery
    #350500 - 01/19/10 10:14 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Awesome reply man, thanks!

I was at the hydro store a couple hours ago lookin at all that stuff... man I wish they made half-flat sized domes and trays... my setup's a little cramped.. 

They don't stretch like crazy at 1.5 feet?

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
Re: I'm baaaaaack [Re: DudeTron]
    #350644 - 01/20/10 06:30 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

there's no vegetative growth while waiting for roots.  Once roots show I transplant and put them closer.

--------------------

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #350990 - 01/20/10 08:06 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Six more sour d clones, one week or so of veg, transplant into 1 gals, then into 12/12 for them.  Took about 10 days this time to show roots, guess this girl just takes her time in the cloning chamber.  The one in flower shot up pretty tall and was only about 4 inches or so when it hit flowering.  So hopefully these girls will end up around the same height and I'll have a more even canopy.

--------------------

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #355753 - 01/30/10 09:25 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Day 35 of flowering

Things are going pretty well, she suffered from a little heat damage because I tried moving my lamps down a bit further.  Hopefully the stronger inline fan I'm buying and a better circulatory fan will help solve this problem.  The buds are frosting up great, hopefully they'll start packing on some more weight soon.  I added in snow storm ultra to their feeding schedule.  I have been feeding them three tsp of FN/Gal, but now I think I'm going to drop down to 1 tsp and add in some liquid and dry kool bloom to the mix.  The hydro guys are gonna love me when I come visit them next lol.

--------------------

Offlinedsotm
Male

#355931 - 01/31/10 07:59 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Looking good.  You can see some nice frostiness in the second picture.  After using KoolBloom myself, I am a fan of it.  I was using 10-12.5 ml/g of FN Bloom and 10ml/g of liquid KoolBloom for the aggressive bloom cycle.  Seem to make my plants happy.

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
Re: I'm baaaaaack [Re: dsotm]
    #356556 - 02/01/10 07:22 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Well fuck me running....

Opened the cabinet tonight and noticed a bunch of pistils on the top cola had crisped and died.  At first I thought it was from the recent heat stress and that they were still getting too much light.  Then I started noticing the same things on some more shaded buds and the hunt began.  Found a few hermie flowers in the buds and down he/she came. 

Now I'm at a cross road.  I have to wonder if it's something I did like a bad light leak, or if the plant was naturally hermie.  I have a bunch of cuttings I was about to flower, but now I'm not sure if I want to.  I have two clones in their right now which I'm using to sex and one more pathetic looking AK x Diesel which is finishing up.  I may wait until I know the sex of the two (soon to be three) clones I have in there.  If I end up with a female I may do a run with them instead.

Decisions, decisions....

--------------------

OfflineCrusty Ass Bastard
Pheno Hunting

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
    #356574 - 02/01/10 08:04 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

coda said:
Well fuck me running....

Opened the cabinet tonight and noticed a bunch of pistils on the top cola had crisped and died.  At first I thought it was from the recent heat stress and that they were still getting too much light.  Then I started noticing the same things on some more shaded buds and the hunt began.  Found a few hermie flowers in the buds and down he/she came. 

Now I'm at a cross road.  I have to wonder if it's something I did like a bad light leak, or if the plant was naturally hermie.  I have a bunch of cuttings I was about to flower, but now I'm not sure if I want to.  I have two clones in their right now which I'm using to sex and one more pathetic looking AK x Diesel which is finishing up.  I may wait until I know the sex of the two (soon to be three) clones I have in there.  If I end up with a female I may do a run with them instead.

Decisions, decisions....

That sucks, I'm sure it was genetic though. Reboot with some new strains and may the bud gods be kinder to you next time :smile:

--------------------
|

Skunk Train (Most Recent) | G13 Haze (Completed) | G13 Haze (Completed) | G13 Haze (Completed)
Cinnibis Rolls | Indoor Peppers

"The secret of improved plant breeding, apart from scientific knowledge, is love." -Luther Burbank

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
Re: I'm baaaaaack [Re: Crusty Ass Bastard]
    #356586 - 02/01/10 08:42 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Yah, I'm pretty much in agreement with you.  I have the three LA Conf x Skunk plants in veg.  Should just be another week or so until I know the sex of them.  Besides that I have the rest of the attitude "freebies" and a bunch of trouble maker seeds to play with.  It just sucks losing something I've been working on since the end of September.

Oh well, into the pile she goes.  I'll be throwing her into the cannabutter I'll be making.

--------------------

Offlinepha3r0
Stranger

#356749 - 02/02/10 06:52 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

sorry to be reading this coda. I thought at first look this one looked a bit stretchy but when you put up the day 35 pics I got total wood. Shame to see it switch on you but you sound like you have several fall back plans :grin: may the force be with you.

--------------------
"The proverb warns that, "You should not bite the hand that feeds you." But maybe you should, if it prevents you from feeding yourself."
- Thomas Szasz

"if you arent good with electricity dont go touching it...ive electrocuted myself twice...its no fun"
- mhbound

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds