Home | Community | Message Board

Royal Queen Seeds Cannabis Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
Re: I'm baaaaaack [Re: coda]
    #300488 - 10/19/09 07:12 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Flo

Sour D

Flo

Flo

Sour D

Sour D

and finally one of my dog Java for good measure, seeing as she can't keep her nose out of shots :wink:

Small Update:

It's been 31 days total since I've started, around 24 days for the Flo since they started a week later then the Sour D.  Overall I'm really liking the Flo, grew up nice and sturdy so far and is chugging along nicely.  Took a little burn in the beginning, but it didn't really affect it too badly.  They've had three feedings so far, one full strength one tonight, two 1/2 strength feedings over the previous week or so.

I over watered one of the Sour D's, ironically it's also the one that I think is now suffering from a bit of N overload. If you look at pic 6 you can see the one of the left is definitely a lot darker green then the right one.  We'll see what happens, I'm sure it will be fine and next couple of waterings will just be plain til she evens out.

No sex yet, although im hoping the Sour D on the right is a girl because the branching on her is great.  Make a damn good mom if it keeps up.  Other then that, not much else to see.  Hopefully I'll get a sex for them in a week or so and I can move on to cloning and getting ready for flowering.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblemhbound
Ballin out at all cost
Male User Gallery

Loc: High Flag
    #303406 - 10/25/09 12:59 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Looking good broooseph

--------------------
Suck my balls America

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
Re: I'm baaaaaack [Re: mhbound]
    #303558 - 10/25/09 12:14 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Just a quick update.  I LST'ed them a few days ago, added in a T-5 strip light and stuck the t-12 as a supplemental side light.  Will probably be adding in at least one more of those T-5's because they're really compact and light.  With some inventive drilling and connecting I could string together the T-5's pretty easily into a nice bank.

Anyways you can see how I tied them down (went a little extreme for their first bend, but they're doing fine).  I really wish all of my plants were branching like that one SD is, so far that plant is the only one to start branching out really nice.  I'm crossing my fingers she really does turn out to be female.

Lastly you can see the little bugger who decided to sneak into my room and chomp on some of the fans while I was working with the T-5 and re-arranging my closet a bit.  Clipped off a dying fan leaf that was blocking light and gave it to her today, she didn't mind one bit.  Seconds after that photo was taken that leaf was decimated by her :wink:

--------------------

MFDoom666: sobriety kills my buzz every time.

Offlinedsotm
Male

#303598 - 10/25/09 01:51 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Coming along nicely.  I've never done LST before, but I'm assuming you let them stretch out like that so you can work them around like that?  I would imagine it's a pain with tightly spaced internodes.

My cat has a thing for weed too.  Loves to get high and if you leave weed out he will eat it.  My last grow he ate half of one of my plants when I wasn't paying attention.

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
Re: I'm baaaaaack [Re: dsotm]
    #303622 - 10/25/09 03:07 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

I'm assuming you let them stretch out like that so you can work them around like that?

that was my thinking, although it's not really required for the process.  But i was hoping the extra node space would give more chances for light to reach through.

Would have happened anyways even if i wasn't LST'ing them as I only had access to one shop light.  They stretched like crazy when they were seedlings.

--------------------

InvisibleDr. Penguin
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #303810 - 10/25/09 08:58 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

:thumbup:

--------------------
* My Cab
* How to Build a Grow Tent
* Fan Speed Control 101
* Easy Butane Extraction

Not responsible for advice not taken.

Invisiblecaptain.koons
Failed Botanist
Trusted Cultivator
    #303972 - 10/26/09 10:23 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

I'm watching. Good luck with the Sour Diesel.

--------------------

TROLLS NEED LOVE TOO!

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
Re: I'm baaaaaack [Re: captain.koons]
    #304094 - 10/26/09 04:15 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Thanks, I'm crossing my fingers for all girls, but I'd be happy with 2/4.  Think it's time for a transplant, may explain the lackluster growth these past few weeks.  They've been sitting in those pots for 30+ days now and they're pretty tiny.

--------------------

Invisiblemhbound
Ballin out at all cost
Male User Gallery

#304127 - 10/26/09 05:53 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Step ya game up !

--------------------
Suck my balls America

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #308417 - 11/02/09 06:22 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

preflowers are starting to come in on the plants, won't be too long before I know the sex now.  I also transplanted them on saturday, trained one Sour d on saturday and one Flo today.  The T-5's I put in have been kicking ass, no more stretch now, at least not as much as before.  Nodes are coming in and staying nice and tight next to each other.

--------------------

Invisiblemhbound
Ballin out at all cost
Male User Gallery

#308421 - 11/02/09 06:25 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

:awesome:

Are they starting to fill out some?

--------------------
Suck my balls America

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #308479 - 11/02/09 07:52 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

You could say that.  I'll go grab some pics in a minute.

--------------------

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #308510 - 11/02/09 08:33 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

First pic is the two Sour D plants.

Second is a close up of the branching on the plant on the left.

Third is a close up of the nodes from the same plant in pic 2.  I'm almost positive this one is a male but I'll let the preflowers grow in a bit further before I do anything.

Fourth is the two Flo's.  I forgot to mention I had done some pruning on these girls.  They had a lot of dying leaves from a touch of nute burn.  They were blocking light so I removed them.  Plenty of healthy green on top and the lower nodes love the extra light.

Fifth and Sixth are close ups of the branching from the plant on the left

Seventh is a closeup of the training spot and a shot of the node spacing.

Eighth is the branching from the plant on the right

Last is group shot :smile:

T-5's are doing me a world of good.  I'll be picking up my flowering cabinet hopefully by next weekend, but definitely by next week.  Came across some autoflower seeds that I'm going to use to test out the new grow area :smile:  This way when I move on to the bigger stuff I'll have all the kinks worked out.  Been wanting to try an autoflower for a while anyways so it should be a fun grow.

--------------------

Offline81renaissance
Coachella '13 KKOTY
Male

Loc: State of Mind Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #308731 - 11/02/09 11:18 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Fourth is the two Flo's.  I forgot to mention I had done some pruning on these girls.  They had a lot of dying leaves from a touch of nute burn

DJ strains are known for being nute sensitive, take it easy on those girls with your feeding schedule.

--------------------
"So it goes."
-Kurt Vonnegut

BlueBerry_Swisher said:I want French fries. No, I want a penis French. Thank you. I'm so excited. I can not contain myself. Now I eat chocolate. It is so good. I'm trying to rub it all over myself. And then lick. Now I need a hot shower. The end.

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
Re: I'm baaaaaack [Re: 81renaissance]
    #309210 - 11/03/09 04:42 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

yah, it took some research but that was the general consensus (at least with my research on the Flo strain in particular).  FF:OF can be a bit hot, believe it or not the nute burn came from the soil itself.  They had suffered from that long before I added in anything by hand.

The plants have had a total of 4 feedings, 2 1/2 strength (.5 tsp/gal) 2 full (1 tsp/gal).  After that they won't be getting any more, one of the Sour D plants looks like it's getting too much N, not burning, but definitely an overload.  The other looks fine, the two Flo's responded OK to the feedings but I'm noticing some damage now that's most likely a result from the feedings.  So plain water for a few weeks, or until they tell me they need some food, and I should be ok.  Once I get them sexed I'll probably veg them for another month, then take some clones and get to flowering by late December early January.  In the meantime i've got those ak X Diesel auto's to try out.  If i plant by this weekend I'll be harvesting by the time I put the clones in for flower.

--------------------

Offline81renaissance
Coachella '13 KKOTY
Male

Trusted Cultivator
    #309212 - 11/03/09 04:48 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Sounds good, the process of dialing in new strains actually is what keeps me coming back to this hobby...always something to learn.

--------------------
"So it goes."
-Kurt Vonnegut

BlueBerry_Swisher said:I want French fries. No, I want a penis French. Thank you. I'm so excited. I can not contain myself. Now I eat chocolate. It is so good. I'm trying to rub it all over myself. And then lick. Now I need a hot shower. The end.

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #309256 - 11/03/09 06:03 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Damn skippy, if for some reason I pull all males with these plants, I have a backup pack of some troublemaker to try out as well.  Either way that will end up in my cabinet at some point in the next year for sure.

New strains are awesome, but I plan on focusing on what I've got for a while.  I've never had the luxury of doing that up until now.

--------------------

Offline81renaissance
Coachella '13 KKOTY
Male

Trusted Cultivator
    #309265 - 11/03/09 06:11 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Please at least save some pollen from the males...hell if you don't use it, I will!

--------------------
"So it goes."
-Kurt Vonnegut

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #309269 - 11/03/09 06:17 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

I kill all my males without hesitation my man, no room for breeding at the moment.

--------------------

Offline81renaissance
Coachella '13 KKOTY
Male

Trusted Cultivator
    #309275 - 11/03/09 06:22 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Too bad...I'm picturing Sour Flo and FloDiesel in my sick breeder mind.

--------------------
"So it goes."
-Kurt Vonnegut

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder