Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
Re: I'm baaaaaack [Re: 81renaissance]
    #311299 - 11/06/09 04:32 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quick update, one confirmed female.  First girl is a Sour Diesel plant.  The other Sour D and the only Flo to have shown preflowers still haven't matured enough for me to tell, which is kinda odd.  However, the plant that showed its sex today is also the only plant to display alternating nodes so she's definitely mature.  The other plants are still pumping out evenly spaced nodes.  One Flow doesn't even have preflowers, I'm thinking she got stalled out at some point and took a bit to recover because she's way behind the others.

Oh well, patience is a game I'm well used to playing.  I'm going to lowes tonight to see if they have my cabinet in store.  If they do, I'm bringing it home and setting up the flowering cab this weekend.  If not, I'll order it, start some auto flower seeds, and build it when it arrives.

--------------------

MFDoom666: sobriety kills my buzz every time.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblemhbound
Ballin out at all cost
Male User Gallery

Loc: High Flag
Re: I'm baaaaaack [Re: coda]
    #311467 - 11/06/09 08:24 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

:finger:

--------------------
Suck my balls America

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
Re: I'm baaaaaack [Re: mhbound]
    #311757 - 11/07/09 11:56 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Bought my flowering cabinet today, goddamn that fucker is heavy.  I'll be setting it up this afternoon.  Bought another t-5 fixture to put in there.  Will be germinating some of those autoflowers tonight to get that going.

Also ordered a quart of the flora nova grow and bloom.  Should be here sometime next week.  I'll be doing the auto's hempy style to practice, from what I've read the flora nova series is awesome for agro.  My goal is to make this grow as simple as possible, follow the less is more philosophy so to speak.  So we'll see how well this nute line does on the autos, if it works as well as I hope it will I'll be in good shape.

--------------------

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #313300 - 11/09/09 08:09 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Here's the new digs, there's a little work left to be done but there's no need for it at the moment.  Those are the AK x Diesel seeds underneath the T-5, they were planted on Saturday.I'm thinking about upgrading the cool tube I have to the longer one the hydro store has, price is a bit steep for me at the moment though.  So that may have to wait until the next run.

Anyways, there she is: 4 ft wide, 2 ft deep, 5.8 ft tall.  Enough room to cram 4 3 gallon pots inside.  I'm going to have to think about intake placement because it's going to be really tight on space in there.  Don't know what I'll do about that yet, but I'm sure something will come to me.

--------------------

InvisibleDr. Penguin
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #313933 - 11/10/09 11:10 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Very nice! :thumbup:

I wish I'd gone with the double wide like yours.

--------------------
* My Cab
* How to Build a Grow Tent
* Fan Speed Control 101
* Easy Butane Extraction

Not responsible for advice not taken.

Invisiblecaptain.koons
Failed Botanist
Trusted Cultivator
Re: I'm baaaaaack [Re: Dr. Penguin]
    #313934 - 11/10/09 11:12 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

I can't wait to see the Sour Diesel.

--------------------

TROLLS NEED LOVE TOO!

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
Re: I'm baaaaaack [Re: captain.koons]
    #314367 - 11/11/09 08:05 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Day 54
1.) Group shot
2-4.) Female Sour D
Rest.) Sickly Flo

Quote:

I can't wait to see the Sour Diesel.

Neither can I. 

I'm dead convinced that one sour diesel and one flo are males.  I see preflowers, but no pistils.  Yet, the preflowers aren't raising onto a small stalk like they normally do for males.  So I'm just waiting it out.  At least I have one female, so this run isn't a total bust.  The other Flo seems to have stalled hard, no branching what so ever and definitely no preflowers.  I'm not sure if they're suffering from a nute overload from the soil, a PH imbalance, or what.  Still working on it, I'm sure I'll figure it out soon. 

I trained the other sour d tonight again, this time i pulled down some of the secondaries as well as the main stalk.  She looks like she's getting too much N.  Not much I can do, I stopped feeding them anything but plain water for a few weeks now.  Even with that problem she's growing nice and strong and will be ready for cloning in another week or so.

--------------------

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

Loc: North Star Flag
    #314377 - 11/11/09 08:12 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Looking great as I would suspect from you Coda!

I have some questions. 

What soil mix are you using?

What lights?

How old are they and what light schedule?

I'm sorry I didn't catch up with the beginning of the thread.

Keep it up!  At least you have one confirmed female!  That's why I started 20 plants right now so I can get at least 7 or 8 females and then I'll pick the worst 3 and toss em...

--------------------
Don't criticize what you can't understand

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #314441 - 11/11/09 09:41 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

What soil mix are you using?

Fox Farm Ocean Forest straight from the bag.  Will be going hempy for flowering.

Quote:

What lights?

Started with a T-12, then added in a T-5 as the main source.  I'll be moving my other T-5 in once the 600 watt HPS gets setup.

Quote:

How old are they and what light schedule?

54 days from the time they popped through the surface for the sour diesel and about 48 for the Flo.

Quote:

That's why I started 20 plants

unfortunately to begin this grow I only had 4 seeds to use.  4 of the auto flowers I planted over the wkd out of ten just sprouted.  I planted 5 more seeds in peat pellets and threw one in a shot glass of water tonight.  So I'll have those to play around with while I prepare for the big grow.

--------------------

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #316560 - 11/16/09 02:39 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Took one clone from each plant today, the plan is to root the clones and flower them to finally determine sex.  I'm sick of waiting for the preflowers to become more defined.  As soon as the auto flowers I have begin their budding cycle, I'll flower the clone too.

--------------------

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #318335 - 11/19/09 06:45 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Small update.

Ok, well the verdict is in finally.  I have one female and three males.  So it looks like flo is not going to be on my tasting list this time around.  I plan on taking about 7 more cuttings of my one girl tonight and I'm going to do a mini SOG as a test run.  So this run will have at best 8 Sour D plants and 5 AK x Diesel auto flowers.

--------------------

Invisiblecaptain.koons
Failed Botanist
Trusted Cultivator
    #318352 - 11/19/09 08:44 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

it may still hermie :wink:

--------------------

TROLLS NEED LOVE TOO!

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
Re: I'm baaaaaack [Re: captain.koons]
    #319212 - 11/20/09 03:32 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

shut your mouth. :P

--------------------

Offlinevwfalzy
student
 User Gallery

#319428 - 11/21/09 12:09 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

soooooooo.. you can clone in soil?????????????????? because my shit head brother say's it has to be hydro and I love soil because it tastes wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy better. and I have some sexy lookin mamas that I want to put in soil so  screw you reg

OfflineMFDoom666
trash hoarder
Male User Gallery

Loc: emerica
Re: I'm baaaaaack [Re: vwfalzy]
    #319431 - 11/21/09 12:34 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

hell yea.

it's all about teh learn brah.

--------------------

FurrowedBrow said:

They should teach african engineering at the college level.  mcgyver 101

Harry_Ba11sach said:

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
Re: I'm baaaaaack [Re: MFDoom666]
    #321169 - 11/24/09 04:53 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

soooooooo.. you can clone in soil?????????????????? because my shit head brother say's it has to be hydro and I love soil because it tastes wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy better. and I have some sexy lookin mamas that I want to put in soil so  screw you reg

yah, but these aren't soil, they're peat pellets which is a soiless medium (no nutrition in the substrate).  You can clone in soil if you want, I prefer the pellets because they're easy to use and cheap.

--------------------

OfflineSteve Buscemi

#321574 - 11/25/09 02:57 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

whats your process for cloning with the peat pellets....i.e. lighting, rooting hormone, humidity and what not?

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
Re: I'm baaaaaack [Re: Steve Buscemi]
    #321598 - 11/25/09 03:36 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

1.) Clip clone from plant
2.) Cut stem at bottom at 45 degree angle
3.) Dip in rooting hormone (i prefer rootech but used Clonex this time)
4.) Stick cutting in peat pellet and place in a small tray with a humidity dome.  I use a T-5 lamp for lighting.
5.) Fan out and mist the humidity dome and cuttings at least twice a day if not more
6.) Cuttings usually take between 1-2 weeks til they have roots out the side

Speaking of clones, both of the flo clones have rooted firmly in the peat pellets, but no roots out the side.  So that's 9 days for the flos, too bad they're males lol.  One sour d has root nubs coming from the stem, again the male.  The only girl cutting from that group has no root nubs.  The bottom stem has swollen from the rooting gel, but no roots.

I took a bunch of other cuttings from the female about 5 days ago.  I plan on giving a few to my friend who gave me the flo seeds and I'll flower the rest.  Hopefully the auto flowers hurry up and grow because I don't want to veg the sour d clones too long lol.

--------------------

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #323875 - 11/30/09 05:59 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Pic 1: Plant on the right is Flo Clone from plant #1, middle is Flo Clone from plant #2, left is Sour D male clone

Pic 2: Tray of sour D girl clones waiting to root

Pic 3: Mother plants sour d male far right, sour d girl middle, flos on the left

Kind of funny that the only clones to have taken full root is the male clones lol.  I did find root nubs on one sour D clone today so she just takes a while i guess.  The first clone I clipped from the sour D girl is most likely not going to make it, stem swelled and looked good but no roots.  So now she's just dying on the vine so to speak.  The clones with the toothpicks in them are taken one week after the others, I took a bunch because the one girl was refusing to root so I wanted to have as many as I could to produce SOMEthing, hopefully the rest will follow suit of the one with root nubs.  When I get a few spare bucks I'll be be building a mini cloner.  I'm hoping it will speed up rooting times a bit with this particular plant as she seems very resistant to cloning.

Other then that not much else is going on with this grow, mother plants are chugging away just fine.  I'll be flowering the "male" clones to get 100% verification (although I already know their males I rooted them so wtf, might as well make sure).  Kinda pointless, but I'm bored and kind of curious to see how long it will take to see some flowers once i flip the lights on them.  So hopefully I'll have roots on at least 5 clones by the end of the week so I can finally get them into solo cups and ready for flowering.

--------------------

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #334221 - 12/20/09 09:45 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Been a while since I updated this thread.  This plant is a bitch to clone.  I gave away the couple of clones I did root to the friend who gave me the flo seeds.  I have more rooted which I'm planning to flower in another week or so.  I don't know why this plant is so resistant to cloning, but everything I've tried still produces the same result.  So far it takes 2+ weeks to see roots out the side of the peat pellet.

Anyways, I'll get some pics up soon.  The clones I do have look pretty pathetic, but they've bounced back really well and I think another week of veg will do them good before I flip the lights on them.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale