Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinechucklehead
Super Villian
Male

Loc: The Hall of Doom
Re: Using 6500K CFLs [Re: captain.koons]
    #184309 - 01/18/09 05:54 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Really?  Did you hear bad things about them?  I had difficulty finding much of anything out about them.  I might not have been typing the right things into the search engine. 

I did see one guy grow a single plant in one that looked ok to me.  He didn't have nearly the amount of light I'm using and he didn't use a fan either.  It looked pretty nice to me but then I have a very limited basis of comparison.  As I recall his yield didn't sound fantastic but I really don't know how much a plant should generally yield.

Also in that same post the guy had a pic of a High Times cover that showed an Aerogarden with six budding plants.  The plants appeared to be about 10 inches tall.

I wonder if I could find a way read back articles from High Times. :evil2:

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblecaptain.koons
Failed Botanist
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Using 6500K CFLs [Re: chucklehead]
    #184324 - 01/18/09 06:09 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

High Times is basically the only place I've seen anything good about the things for growing cannabis. My hydroshop guy was selling them (forgot for how much - don't care either.) and he said they sold well but tons of complains came back that they sucked. I don't even know what they consist of I'd assume they're a bubbler or possbily a NFT system.

--------------------

TROLLS NEED LOVE TOO!

Offlinechucklehead
Super Villian
Male

#184373 - 01/18/09 07:56 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

It's a bubbler. 

Well that's a bummer.  The proof is in the pudding and if there is lots of negative blow back then I would suppose this isn't a good way to go.  All the same, thanks for letting me know.  At least now I won't have false hope.

I watched a couple weed/aerogarden video's on utube a little while ago.  The results these folks posted were... sad.  The plants looked nice but the buds were so small.  I sort of felt sorry for them. 

Well I would switch to soil but I can't.  It would conflict with the mycology.  I've read that worm castings might solve that problem but I'm just not willing to mess up my other projects for this one.

I'm going to ride this thing out and see where it goes.

--------------------

Invisiblecaptain.koons
Failed Botanist
Trusted Cultivator
    #184635 - 01/19/09 05:40 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Are you worried of having contamination problems with your mushroom projects by having potted soil plants in the house?

--------------------

TROLLS NEED LOVE TOO!

Offlinechucklehead
Super Villian
Male

#184861 - 01/19/09 05:27 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Yep.  Over at Shroomery I have always read that the two don't go well in the same room.

--------------------

Invisiblecaptain.koons
Failed Botanist
Trusted Cultivator
    #184947 - 01/19/09 07:12 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Well it would depend on how good your sterile techniques are.

Do you have a laminar flowhood?

Even when I didn't have a laminar flowhood my house has potted plants nearly everywhere. I would spray the crap out of my washroom with lysol/bleach and work in a glovebox with freshly laundered long sleeve clothes and gloves.... I didn't have contamination problems. Remember contamination usually occurs directly after incoulation (you introduce mold spores into your spawn or substrate when you inoculate) if you can incoulate sterily you don't have much to worry about.

--------------------

TROLLS NEED LOVE TOO!

Offlinechucklehead
Super Villian
Male

#189501 - 01/25/09 10:36 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Well today I trimmed off a couple leaves that had turned yellow and brown.  I have spots on two other leaves but I am not ready to trim them as I think they may still have value.  The plant keeps falling over but continues to grow... In fact it has grown considerably more since falling over.  Also I have a couple new hopefuls.  Let's see how they do.

--------------------

OfflineThe_Centre
Male
    #205474 - 03/14/09 03:15 AM (15 years, 18 days ago)

My friend, here is my 2 cents:

Take your aero chamber and save it for a later grow, and instead get some pots and soil for now, you don't want to waste your genetics.

Most people grow indoors anyway, so you'll find the most info on it. (Personally, I grow outdoor. It's cheap, the plants get the perfect spectrum, and you can grow sativa. (I have ADHD and I use it to think clearer and be able to focus my mind. Indica will do exactly what I DON'T want for every day use, except before bed, I also have insomnia so indica is better for that, but I can just take one or two plants and let them get much older than the rest.)

Edit: Nevermind, should have read the whole thread.

Anyway, I would always use soil, just for the plain reason that it is hard to find organic hydro or aero nutes.

--------------------
Current Grow, backyard outdoor.

Backyard Grow

It is just you out there, there is nothing to fear, as it is all just you. Displeasure and fear is an illusion, love is the only truth...

Edited by The_Centre (03/14/09 04:45 AM)

Offlinechucklehead
Super Villian
Male

Re: Using 6500K CFLs [Re: The_Centre]
    #208953 - 03/25/09 10:09 PM (15 years, 6 days ago)

Well after a few goes around with this machine what I figured out was this.  The Aerogarden does a fantastic job starting a plant for me.  Then they go limp and die unless I transplant them to soil.  In which case they explode!  Too bad my better half keeps killing them 'accidentally'.  She has dropped the lights on them three times and knocked over two of my plants now.  So I gave up.... for now.  I can't start another project for a while due to a number of obligations which demand a great deal of my time.  Fortunately I have friends that will take my genetics, start them, and give me back clones. :wink:

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds