Home | Community | Message Board

Royal Queen Seeds Cannabis Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   THCeeds Marijuana Seeds   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Loc: Nepal Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: COMPLETE [Re: chucklehead]
    #367862 - 02/18/10 10:02 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

also, very nice looking harvest. sad that she made you chop it because it definitely needed another 2-3 weeks, but beautiful none the less

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinechucklehead
Super Villian
Male

Loc: The Hall of Doom
Re: COMPLETE [Re: Harry_Ba11sach]
    #368370 - 02/19/10 08:57 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Thanks for the info and the Kudos.

I'm going to record the water curing process in this log also since I think there is value in it and I'm curing the bud from this grow.

The water smells like weed (duh).  It was a little greenish in tint. 

The buds are still floating.  The tips where I cut the buds are turning brown but the rest of the plant doesnt even know it's dead yet. 

Same goes for the leaves which I have jarred up seperately.  I didn't want to toss them since even the fan leaves had a good amount of trichomes on them.  I thought if I could get the majority of the taste out of the leaves they might make half decent canabutter.  The beauty of that is I never even bother to dry the leaves after they water cure.  They just go straight into the water/butter simmer.

--------------------

OfflineTrueHerbCrystal
Uncertified Oregrowian
Male User Gallery

Loc: Emerald City Flag
Re: COMPLETE [Re: Harry_Ba11sach]
    #368373 - 02/19/10 09:01 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

- Is that true what Harry said? You had to harvest your girl early chuklehead?

I was really enjoying watching your mini psychedelic Christmas Tree grow in such a small space, but you say you had to end it early? That's so sad....

At least you got some bud from it....I'm curious on what the total dry yield is...

Also, how old was that plant? I'm hoping to harvest *something* for 4-20 in April, but I don't think I'll make it in time with my strain. Your's seems like a really fast grower.

And because I liked your mini-plant so much, I will be nominating your little psychedelic Christmas Tree bub (the one you had to sacrafice) for the "Photo of the Month" because I've never seen anything like it. Reminds me of the exictment of Christmas morning....

Well, I hope those budz are matured enough to enough good stuff to make it worth it...got a microscope to check out those trichomes?

If not, report back how it feels like (if you dare)...

Good job on your grow! Too bad it had to end early...:sad:

Now Back to your Other Journal
~ TrueHerbCrystal ~

Offlinechucklehead
Super Villian
Male

Re: COMPLETE [Re: TrueHerbCrystal]
    #368384 - 02/19/10 09:33 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Yeah it's true.  The wife was getting nervous.  I find it's best to satify her immediately on these things.  That way I get do what ever projects I want with a minimal amount of nagging.

The plant was roughly six weeks from seed.

I'll throw a guess and say I got about double what I yielded from the first plant but I hear water curing reduces the weight considerably.  I'll update with actual weight when I'm all finished in a week.

I do have a microscope.  It's a crumby hand held unit but it works ok.  I didn't check the the trichomes yet though.  I'll check tomorrow.  If I had to guess though most of it is going to be pretty clear.  I doubt there were many amber or even milky ones.  I'll definitely report back on how she tastes and what the high was like.  Her sister was a very up high.  I litterly felt like I was rocketing upward into the sky. 

No worries about the early end.  It's my own fault really.  I have been pinching pennies and haven't spent the money on a proper filter and fan.  The cash just wasn't there and the little lady isn't a fan of my projects to begin with.  Mostly because my projects take up what she considers to be too much space.  In fairness I do accumulate a lot of equipment and supplies for every new project and advancement I make in technique.  So she has a fair point.  Anyhow adding a blower and big old filter on the outside of my minifridge would just mean taking up more space and that wouldn't go over well. 

Thanks for the kudos and the nomination.  I'm glad you all have enjoyed the log.  I've certainly enjoyed it myself.  Strange as it may sound, I've wanted to grow weed most of my adult life but never had a house until these last couple years.  Took me three years to talk my wife into agreeing to this project and I had to shut down my rather large shroom hobby in trade for this one.  That was actually fine with me.  Large shroom grows take enormous ammounts of time, money, and space.  Though I found it very rewarding, I don't miss the constant work.  So in the end I traded up.  Thanks again.  See you all in the next grow.  :bigblunt:

--------------------

Offlinechucklehead
Super Villian
Male

#368977 - 02/20/10 08:18 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

The water was murky and smelled like weed mostly.  It took on a light brownish color.  The murkiness had me concerned about bacteria at first.  When I emptied the water and refilled it the murkiness started to return within an hour.  So I'm pretty sure that is just something coming out of the plant.

The buds and leaves are changing colors.  They are getting darker and more limp.  Also they smell sort of chemically.  The leaves less so.

--------------------

Offlinechucklehead
Super Villian
Male

#370990 - 02/22/10 07:19 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Don't have time to upload pics tonight but I wanted to get a quick update on the curing put in here.

Last night instead of using distilled water I used filtered tap water.  Today the buds in particular were covered in tiny bubbles.  I get the idea that the plant realizes it's dead and is now breaking down and giving off lots of gass.  The leaves aren't doing that as much as the buds but still I did see quite a few bubbles.  I'm concerned I may have damaged the THC but after I poured off the water and replaced it I'm not as concerned.  None the less I need to compare the pics side by side when I get time to upload them.  Also after the water was poured off and replaced the Buds didn't float to the top today. 

Water was hazy again today but didn't stink as much.  The plants have lost easily 3/4 of their smell now.  Also the buds have drastically changed color now.  They are much darker in color.

--------------------

InvisibleDrGreenThumb
Male User Gallery

Loc: Phish Tour Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #371039 - 02/22/10 07:35 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Rough dude. You're a braver man than me.

--------------------
“Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.” -Dr. Seuss

InvisibleSnurry
Cunt
Male

Loc: Flag
    #371054 - 02/22/10 07:38 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

I'm interested to see what it smokes like after water curing, never seen it done.

--------------------
--->
200/~218 Days
It's all a bunch of fucking bribble!

InvisibleDrGreenThumb
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: COMPLETE [Re: Snurry]
    #371103 - 02/22/10 07:55 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Large shroom grows take a lot of time??? Huh. I got like 3+ pounds in 2 months with a 5-tier shelf homemade fruiting chamber.

I'm hoping to do a side-by-side once I get the weed thing down. It's quite a rush when you see a 5-tier shelf bursting with shroomZ. :mushroom2:

--------------------
“Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.” -Dr. Seuss

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

Loc: North Star Flag
Re: COMPLETE [Re: Snurry]
    #371112 - 02/22/10 08:11 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Snurry said:
I'm interested to see what it smokes like after water curing, never seen it done.

Me too, I've been planning to try water curing on like 1/8oz of one of my harvests, but never got around to it.  I hear it makes the smoke a lot more smooth and easy to hit.

Man I bet you can take some epic sized bonghits with watercured bud.

--------------------
Don't criticize what you can't understand

Offlinechucklehead
Super Villian
Male

Re: COMPLETE [Re: Inverted]
    #371417 - 02/23/10 11:17 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

DrGreenThumb said:
Large shroom grows take a lot of time??? Huh. I got like 3+ pounds in 2 months with a 5-tier shelf homemade fruiting chamber.

I'm hoping to do a side-by-side once I get the weed thing down. It's quite a rush when you see a 5-tier shelf bursting with shroomZ. :mushroom2:

Rude.  I was producing that in cracker dry weight just about weekly.  So yeah I was a little busy.

Quote:

Inverted said:
Quote:

Snurry said:

Me too, I've been planning to try water curing on like 1/8oz of one of my harvests, but never got around to it.  I hear it makes the smoke a lot more smooth and easy to hit.

Man I bet you can take some epic sized bonghits with watercured bud.

I smoked some of the stuff I air cured last night.  No need for bong hits.  A few tokes on the bowl was good for getting you nice and high with a nice light stoneyness.

--------------------

InvisibleDrGreenThumb
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #371432 - 02/23/10 12:33 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Rude? Wow, talk about oversensitive. I was just sayin'. Chillax man.

I'm talking about dry weight too. Who weighs wet mushrooms? Some of my wet shrooms wouldn't even fit on my scale. But anyway.

--------------------

Offlinechucklehead
Super Villian
Male

Re: COMPLETE [Re: DrGreenThumb]
    #371643 - 02/23/10 03:34 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Sorry your right I over reacted.  I was vague about my volume and such.  How could you know what I was up to.  It's all good. :getstoned:

I should never have smoked that stuff last night.  It was so good.  Now I'm aching for more of it.  :tongue:  I guess I'll just have to puff down some of these mids and eat a brownie for now.  I'll upload some pics later and post them.

--------------------

OfflineDephect

Folding@home Statistics
    #371675 - 02/23/10 04:24 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Smoke!

:awehigh:

Offlinechucklehead
Super Villian
Male

Re: COMPLETE [Re: Dephect]
    #371716 - 02/23/10 06:08 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

These are pictures from last night.  They show the bubbles I was talking about. 

These are from today.  As you can see the bubbles have stopped for now.  I don't think I lost much THC really.  The buds still look pretty frosty.  The color is changing to a darker green sort of moss colored. 

The water and the plants don't smell that bad now.  They basically smell like skunk weed but the smell is mild not powerful.  There is no more chemical smell at all really.

Initially I had planned to put these in a dehydrator.  I don't think I will now.  I think instead I'm just going to put them in a wire collander in front of some computer fans.  I'm sure it'll take longer but that stuff I smoked last night was dried in front of a fan and WOW it was good.

Also a word on the weight.  Only a weigh in will tell for sure but I'm starting to think I yielded more than double my last little Christmas tree.

--------------------

OfflineDephect

Folding@home Statistics
    #371923 - 02/23/10 09:38 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

That actually looks really good. I might try water curing for 1/8.

SMOKE!

:awehigh:

Edited by Dephect (02/23/10 09:39 PM)

InvisibleDrGreenThumb
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #372229 - 02/24/10 06:07 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Damn chuckle. You showed us. I guess the water cure thing isn't as crazy as I thought.

I definitely have to try this out now. Thanks for taking the risk. I feel better about trying this.

Very interesting.

--------------------

OfflineDephect

Folding@home Statistics
Re: COMPLETE [Re: DrGreenThumb]
    #372353 - 02/24/10 10:37 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Yeah that bud looks really really nice. It looks like a lot of the chlorophyll has been leached by the water.

Offlinechucklehead
Super Villian
Male

#373505 - 02/25/10 05:50 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Ok well here we are on the final day of the water portion of the cure.  The water is odorless but still cloudy.  Leads me to wonder if I should let it go another day or two but we'll stop it here and see how it goes.  The weed still has a odor.  There is still a smell of weed to it but it has more of a mint smell than a weed smell.  The color is noticeably darker today.  The trichomes are still thick and sticky on the bud.  I had a look at them under the microscope.  They are wilted and most of them are amber at the heads and milky the rest of the way through.

So now we let the fans do their job and hopefully in a few days I'll be able to give it the smoke test.:bigblunt:

--------------------

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Loc: Nepal Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #373511 - 02/25/10 05:56 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

the trichs on that are A++ :thumbup:

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   THCeeds Marijuana Seeds   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Cultivation Supplies