Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   THCeeds Marijuana Seeds   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleCid_Lives
Shhhhh
Male

Re: Afghan Kush Specialized (feminized) [Re: aspore]
    #475171 - 09/10/10 03:11 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Pretty baby nug.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineaspore
Cellular Drone
 User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Re: Afghan Kush Specialized (feminized) [Re: Cid_Lives]
    #476422 - 09/13/10 07:08 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

So things are just moving on slow and steady, nothing much to report back. But I did go recently and visit a friend who took a clone of my plant @ the same time I started flowering. So his has been flowering exactly the same amount of time as mine. He is doing a CFL grow tho, very small setup and his plant is only 2 feet tall. But MAN this thing has taken off, it must be about 1 1/2 - 2 weeks ahead of mine! I think it's due to a few reasons, little things that all add up to slow growth. He is using the same nutes that i am, but I see now that having a more controlled enviroment can really decrease flowering time!

His plant, has TONS of trichromes all up and down the leaves, lots more in the buds, the calyxes are more mature and 50% of hairs are BROWN, (mine are just light orange if not white) His are FAT and for being a short plant under CFL it really is a amazing sight. I'm going to get a few pics of that and post them up for CFL advocates. I was really impressed, but it makes me even more happy to know that mine should be like that soon!!

Also, I believe that my plant needs wayyyyy more water, so Im going to water 3/4 strength nutes, 2 times a day now. Because whenever I water, before I water again, it feels dry 3-4 inches down where the roots start, so I think I need to water less , but more often. I have a 5 gallon bucket for the container, and it's FULL of roots, and all the plant material that I have, it's probably very hard for it to feel all of it's leaves with just a few gallons every day or so, I need to be more controlled with my feeding.

I flushed last night, and am adding a tea today, let that sit for 12 hours or so, then lightly water with 1/2 strenght, then every 12 hours with 3/4 strength after that.

does this sound like a good way of letting my plant get more water? If anyone has suggestions about rootbound plants this far into flowering, I'm not sure what I can do other than water it more.

--------------------
"To live the life you only see, in the stores and on TV,
Is to take away the seed, the roots, and stem of all we need."

Offlinekickin-two-hundo
|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅| ♪♫♪♫♪♫
Male User Gallery

Loc: afghanistan
    #476458 - 09/13/10 10:19 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

yo i wouldn't water 2 times a day, you are just asking for root rot.  When you do water, just try watering with more water. As you water pour it all around evenly on the top of the soil so that it doesnt just drip out the bottem, and you can lift the pot and see how heavy it is to judge how much water is in it.  I have one plant that gets 1-3 pounds heavier every watering, i believe its due to a more complex root system that holds the water better than the rest. Don't overwater tho man, especially not this late in the game!

--------------------
The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time.

anything and everything i post on here is completely fictional and come straight from the deepest depths of the black hole which is my mind.

Offlineaspore
Cellular Drone
 User Gallery

Re: Afghan Kush Specialized (feminized) [Re: kickin-two-hundo]
    #476491 - 09/13/10 12:18 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

yeah, that's true, I'll probably just flush for another day, then start in on a little higher nutes I suppose.

I have some leaves that are yellowing from the inside out, I don't know what this could be other than NItrogen, so I guess I need more nutes.

I'll get some pics soon...

--------------------

Offlineaspore
Cellular Drone
 User Gallery

#476492 - 09/13/10 12:22 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

then again, I do have a 5 gallon bucket FULL of roots, and they probably are sucking that water up so fast, root rot might not be an issue. Like I said, it's pretty dry after 24 hours, I will check and see how it is after 12 and perhaps give it a small watering at that point. Slowly increase and see if that helps maybe? Ehh... I probably will just keep it slow and steady. As long as they eventually end up dank, that's fine with me.

--------------------

Offlineaspore
Cellular Drone
 User Gallery

#477083 - 09/14/10 05:41 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

sooo....

I have to move in like 4 weeks. I realy f'n hope this shit is done by then.

wish me luck...

--------------------

InvisibleCid_Lives
Shhhhh
Male

#477164 - 09/14/10 09:49 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Damn. That sucks. Was this sudden info? You should look into transporting the plant to a new location.

Offlineaspore
Cellular Drone
 User Gallery

#477566 - 09/15/10 02:26 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Yeah ,sudden info. Drama and craziness to say the least.

I have really only 3 weeks till the move begins, and my rent is up in 4.

So I have like 1 week to go, then 2 of flush, then hopefully I can trim and dry what I have before I leave.

I hate bitches. they fucked up my work .

--------------------

Offlineaspore
Cellular Drone
 User Gallery

#477568 - 09/15/10 02:28 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Last night, I trimmed a SHIT TON of small buds that  I know won't be ready in time for the move. I removed most of the lower branches and some pretty good size buds in hopes this will kick the really big colas up and speed their time up. I would have gotten a fucking ton of good buds if I had the time, but I just don't. this sucks.

So I am drying a bunch of white haired-premature budsites, probably going to make bubble out of it all, probably not worth smoking.

Really send your good vibes my way, and my plants way, I really hope that my buds mature in time. I actually cried when I had to chop last night, It's really painful to put this much work into this and have this happen.

--------------------

Offlinekickin-two-hundo
Male User Gallery

#477582 - 09/15/10 02:40 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

~~~~~~~~~good vibes good vibes~~~~~~~ bud plants bud!

--------------------

anything and everything i post on here is completely fictional and come straight from the deepest depths of the black hole which is my mind.

Offlineaspore
Cellular Drone
 User Gallery

#477692 - 09/15/10 07:18 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Thanks ! I am really hoping for real these guys get fat quick, I'm going to be sad if they don't reach full potential.

The Flo plant I have is no where near anything, so I'll have to kill that ladie too. Sucks.

Oh well, I've learned  lot from this grow, and once I can do it with all of my ability, it should be a friggin fantastic thing.

Still mad tho. sux.

--------------------

InvisibleCid_Lives
Shhhhh
Male

#477747 - 09/15/10 08:07 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

You don't have ANY other place to take it? No friends that would maybe adopt?

Offlinekickin-two-hundo
Male User Gallery

#477808 - 09/15/10 08:45 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

yo it IS possible to transport it and keep goin,  You could put the plant in a big box, like one for a dishwasher, or a washing machine, dryer, refridgerator, anything like that and then you can just move it in plain view. nobodys going to ask any questions. I have done it 3 times before, and it was smooth all three times.
its better than killing the poor girl... you could send her to me! so sad...

--------------------

Offlineaspore
Cellular Drone
 User Gallery

#478378 - 09/16/10 07:24 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

well the thing is, there is a scrog deep down inside the branches that got swallowed by sheer size a long time ago. (see early pics) Also, in order to access my grow area, I have to go through a small area, one that would require me to completely turn the plant on it's side. It woudl be difficult at be, plus, I would have to move my light, with all air ducts, fans, nutes and whatever else comes along.

I'm just gonna have faith that in 3 weeks it will be ready to chop.

Now I just need to figure out when to flush...

//P.S I DO have a friend that will adopt my stalk after I chop, i'm chopping carefully to try to re-veg if god willing, I would love to preserve this strain.

//pps. I also have dried out some of those smaller buds to the smoking point, I know it still early but DAMN! I got a great high off just a few little guys! At least I should have stash up untill new years!!! That's what I was hoping for really so it's not all taht bad!

I also have the knowledge that I can grow mutha fuckin' TREEEZ!

I can't wait till I can get in cahoots with a collective.

--------------------

Offlineaspore
Cellular Drone
 User Gallery

#479237 - 09/18/10 05:51 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

offtopic:

totalled my car, fucked my back up and lost my wedding ring. what a shitty night.

--------------------

Offlinekickin-two-hundo
Male User Gallery

#479245 - 09/18/10 06:14 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

oh shit man no way! dammmn..
sorry to hear all that, hope shit gets better for ya!

--------------------

InvisibleCid_Lives
Shhhhh
Male

#479258 - 09/18/10 06:26 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

aspore said:
offtopic:

totalled my car, fucked my back up and lost my wedding ring. what a shitty night.

Shit man, were you wasted or what? Sorry to hear. When it rain it pours.

Offlineaspore
Cellular Drone
 User Gallery

#479681 - 09/19/10 06:52 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Yeah, when it rains is right.

I was wasted, but passed sobriety test, so I didn't get DUI, just 'following to closely'

Plus my insuranced had run out 2 weeks prior

and my liscense was expired

and the tags on my car

all these things were within 2 weeks of each other, but I kept puttin getting them renewed because i've been so buusy.

F M L

But anyways, my buds are getting way better looking daily, but Unfortunately , I have set all dates for my plant as of now.

I'll start flushing on the 28th, and I HAVE to chop on the 5th. I will only have untill the 13th to move. So I need that 8 days to trim/dry it all. I cannot be moving into a new apt and hangin buds up right away.

I figure 8 days to get even the biggest buds dry enough to place in a cardboard box/fan setup, and then hide that when I move and pray that it dries well.

Any suggestions on what I might can do to help dry it descreetly? I really want to dry/cure this well, so I'm not looking to dry it quick, only descreetly.

Anyways, I'm tired and my back is killing me.

--------------------

Offlineaspore
Cellular Drone
 User Gallery

#481615 - 09/24/10 08:21 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Le'sigh.

Well, things aren't looking too well in the plant world.

A shit ton of leaves around the main buds have turned yellow, brittle and begun to crack. Like fully yellow. The other smaller buds are fine, but everything is moving soooooo slowly. I only have 2 weeks untill I chop, so I'm really worried.

The buds are still very airy, pretty much all the hairs on my bigger buds are still white. Sux.

There are crystals, but not as many as I had hoped, I mean, it's sticky, but nothing to brag about.

I have chopped a few test buds over the last week or so, and they have turned out fairly good, I have not had to purchase any bud in 2 weeks now, and I'm actually VERY happy over that, which is my reason for growing, so that's good that I achieved my goal.

I'm just stuck on 2 things now, I'm not fufilled because I didn't get the time I needed or the enviroment to make this worth the effort, and I also am really wondering why my leaves are dying off right now.

The leaves are cracking dry, completely yellow/white and the buds are starting to droop themselves. One whole cola has turned on its side and saggged way down. :frown:

I was thinking I over-nuted and I cut out my nutes for the last 2 or 3 days except one half dose once. I am beginning to wonder if it's actually not ENOUGH nutes, (nitrogen?) and that is what is causing this. I'm worried about burning them but I guess I need to start back with nutes full strength asap.

I flushed really well today so I can have a clean start tommorrow. I hope I can get them back on track. I really would have to loose them now, I really need more time.

On the other hand, I see the potential of this strain, and I would say if it was perfect conditions this strain probably would be very impressive, or at least good breeding stock perhaps. I dunno, but based on my major lack of skills, and the enviroment, and timing and all that. This turned out fairly good.

Well, wish me luck, and really if anyone has any input on the yellowing of leaves and leaning of buds, let me know, I'm stumped and want to make the best of these buds.

--------------------

Offlineaspore
Cellular Drone
 User Gallery

#483128 - 09/28/10 03:25 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Well I think the time is coming close for harvest, I really wish I had more time but I think it will end up better than nothing.

I figure that most of the leaning of the buds is just from weight, as they are pretty big.

Also, the yellowing of the leaves seems to not be bothering the buds themselves, which are nice and light green, so that doesn't scare me as much now .

This is a canopy shot, you can see how most of the leaves have died and the buds are just crazy and all over the place. there are little 'foxtail' like spires on most of the sides of the larger colas.

this is a branch I harvested yesterday, just one of the side branches but it held a pretty good bit. I'm guessing over 30 grams when dry, but we have yet to see.

One of the buds from that same branch , but outside for better light

and the smallest off that branch

Here is a macro shot, from what I see these are about 20% cloudy / 80% clear and hopefully should all become cloudy soon (on the other buds)

well, projected harvest is in one week, so hopefully things will ripen up by then! wish me luck!

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   THCeeds Marijuana Seeds   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder