Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   THCeeds Marijuana Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineMushrooMan420
Muncher

Loc: CA
Re: Mini Grow - CFL - Nirvana Short Ryder not Feminized - AutoFlowering - Second Grow [Re: chucklehead]
    #372313 - 02/24/10 09:19 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Did you make sure that the milk jugs have holes at the bottom for drainage?  Because to me they look like they have too much water.  Good luck, good update.

--------------------
x:tongue:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineDephect

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Mini Grow - CFL - Nirvana Short Ryder not Feminized - AutoFlowering - Second Grow [Re: chucklehead]
    #372358 - 02/24/10 10:40 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

chucklehead said:
Thanks!!  Where did you get that picture?

I got it from the Doctor Diagnosis, they have a great sticky with all the pictures of nute deficiencies. I also know what a N deficiency looks like from reading books.

:jointsmile:

Offlinechucklehead
Super Villian
Male

Loc: The Hall of Doom
Re: Mini Grow - CFL - Nirvana Short Ryder not Feminized - AutoFlowering - Second Grow [Re: Dephect]
    #372415 - 02/24/10 12:10 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

MushrooMan420 said:
Did you make sure that the milk jugs have holes at the bottom for drainage?  Because to me they look like they have too much water.  Good luck, good update.

Yep I put holes in the bottom.  They drain very well.  I accidentally soaked my leg while sitting Indian styel and watering one of them the other night.  I have just been over watering lately.

Quote:

Dephect said:
Quote:

chucklehead said:
Thanks!!  Where did you get that picture?

I got it from the Doctor Diagnosis, they have a great sticky with all the pictures of nute deficiencies. I also know what a N deficiency looks like from reading books.

:jointsmile:

Thanks again man.  I fed them some more nutes this morning and I'll look through my stuff to see which one has high N.  I have blood meal and bone meal.  I just never have used them before for anything except mushroom substrate and while I remeber how much I would add to the substrate I've forgotten which does what.

--------------------

Offlinechucklehead
Super Villian
Male

GROW OVER - OVER GROW [Re: chucklehead]
    #380348 - 03/08/10 07:20 PM (14 years, 24 days ago)

Ok these plants still haven't started to flower and they were already at least 10 inches tall with 8 or more alternating sets of nodes.  So I sent them away to a good home.  For those who have followed my threads this is my last grow for a while.  My indoor garden is keeping me busy enough.

--------------------

OfflineTrueHerbCrystal
Uncertified Oregrowian
Male User Gallery

Loc: Emerald City Flag
Re: GROW OVER - OVER GROW [Re: chucklehead]
    #380559 - 03/08/10 11:02 PM (14 years, 24 days ago)

So wait, you had to kill them? Is that the "good home" they went to? Or maybe you sent them to another user to grow them for you?

If so, that's a bummer C.H. But, that's thge rules of the house right?

At least you got to grow some for a little while....

And your last journal, the "AutoFlowering" one has got me thinking of buying some AutoFlowering seeds for 4-20 because you stated in your journal it took 1 month total, from germination, to finished buds. My one "Flower" plant will never make that deadline for me, so AutoFlowering sounds like the perfect plant. How many different strains did you find that were AutoFlowering? I was hoping of finding a White Widow or something.

Anyway, too bad you had to end early....R.I.P to your girls...Looking forward to your next ultra-stealth grows! :thumbup:

Lost, but not forgotten....
~ TrueHerbCrystal ~

Offlinechucklehead
Super Villian
Male

Re: GROW OVER - OVER GROW [Re: TrueHerbCrystal]
    #380821 - 03/09/10 07:24 PM (14 years, 23 days ago)

I have this one friend who is, shall we say, a pro.  They have HID lights and more space and they grow hundreds of plants.  So the girls will live on until harvest time.  I don't get anything back from those plants.  Though this person has been good to me before.  So I feel no regret about giving those plants to them. 

The big reason passed off the plants was they had gotten too big before flowering and they were sativa dominant(and I prefer indica).  I've read that once a plant flowers it gets about three times the size it is at the beginning of flowering.  That would have made some of these ladies 30 inches tall before they finished budding.  Sure I could have topped them out and stuff but they would have bushed out too and I would have had to choose only one plant for the mini fridge.  I figure why hassle with it.  I'll go back to the World of Seeds Auto Kush Ryder or maybe something only slightly different from World of Seeds.  I bought these seeds because they were cheep and you got a bunch.  I won't make that mistake again.  You just can't skimp on genetics and expect precise results.  I'm sure these plants will grow out to beautiful and get good if not great results.  I'm just not equiped to care for such large plants.  My plants really do have to be small.  These just couldn't deliver that for me.

The last grow took about a month and a week I think.  They could have gone on for weeks more I believe but I had that little odor issue to contend with and that was really the hinge pin in the life span of those plants.  Once again I'm not equipped to deal with the odor and I have too much traffic in the general area to take risks. 

I don't need pot I grow it as a naughty hobby because I want to have absolute control over the quality of my weed.  It costs me more to grow it myself than it does to just buy it.  That said I don't believe I can buy this kind of quality around here and I certainly can't order up from my dealer specific genetics.  On top of which all the dealers I know selfishly hord the very best stuff for themselves.

To answer your question about autoflowering varieties of plants there are just piles of them.  As I noted above I really liked the World of Seeds Auto Kush Ryder but I just haven't had a wide range of experience.  So I am probably not the best person to ask.  I know Coda did a grow log that was really fantastic.  He did it hempy but ultimately I doubt that drastically affects the size of the plant nor do I suspect that has a lot of impact on the timing of the start of flowering.  When I go window shopping for seeds I have several criteria in the selection process.  I want it to be autoflowering.  I try to find something that claims to start flowering immedately.  That isn't really true from what I can tell but it does give you some indication that the flowering will start very very soon after you get one or two sets of 5 spike leave nodes.  I look for plants that are a mix of Ruderalis and Indica mostly.  I shy away from sativa genetics.  I look from plants that claim to be very short.  I really like when the hight ranges are listed.  I try to find plants that say they won't get bigger than 14 inches.  They could get around 25 inches before I had an issue in my box but I would prefer they finish fast.  Another thing I look for is claims of short times from seed to weed.  A lot of them will say 45 days from seed to harvest.  That catches my attention right away.  Finally I look at the pictures and try to get some indication of what my end product will look like.  Obviously they will put their best foot forward but at least you have a general clue.  I have to say my bud from AKR looked fairly similar to the bud I saw in their picture for the advertisement.  The way I go looking for these things is I usually use the search engines on the sites and start searching for all the plants that meet my desires.  I have to say even if I pay high dollar for the seeds it is totally worth it.  I would much rather have a proven repeatable result than have unpredictable variety.  That is what my needs are.  If one day I have my dream of being able to grow freely in a large space I'd welcome variety so that I could try all of it and see what I liked best.  Until then I am stuck with a need for strict control. 

I suspect my next grow will be around mid summer.  I'll be window shopping a lot on the breeder sites.  So if you have suggestions or just want to chit chat about genetics by all means feel free to PM me.  I'll be watching the boards for discussions and I usually read threads of those people that pop into my threads.  So I'll see you all around.

:bigblunt:

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   THCeeds Marijuana Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Bulk Substrate