Home | Community | Message Board

High Mountain Gold Compost
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | Next >
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineHughtoxin
Exploring the Wild
Male User Gallery

Loc: ATX
Re: Balls out first Grow (White Widow Scrog, DWC Hydro, 430w Son Argo Air cooled)*Updated Weekly* [Re: mel_lonta_tauda]
    #252138 - 07/20/09 10:34 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Thats one sweet setup going on man! Awesome job!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineIntegra21
Up and coming Farmer

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Balls out first Grow (White Widow Scrog, DWC Hydro, 430w Son Argo Air cooled)*Updated Weekly* [Re: mel_lonta_tauda]
    #252139 - 07/20/09 10:40 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

I've said before, and I'll say it again. I have been unemployed for over a year. Literally everything in my grow room was bought from doing odd jobs for people. I knew if I did everything I could to do this first grow right, It would pay me back and then some in a very shor amount of time. So far have about $950 invested in about a 5-6 month amount of time. There is always a way, you just gotta skip the wake n bake to find the motivation to go find something. And its only temporary, back to the old routine after a couple of months.`

Offline81renaissance
Coachella '13 KKOTY
Male

Loc: State of Mind Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Balls out first Grow (White Widow Scrog, DWC Hydro, 430w Son Argo Air cooled)*Updated Weekly* [Re: Integra21]
    #252320 - 07/21/09 08:59 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

I hadn't been following this grow, but going back now and reading it, it looks pretty cool!
To supplement what he's saying about not needing tons of cash to start, I'm currently setting up a three chamber perpetual soil grow and including lights, fans, filters, soil, building materials, etc. I'm still well under the thousand dollar mark.
A couple tips: Craigslist states and cities other than your own (California and Colorado ALWAYS have tons of equipment for sale on the cheap)many times they will ship it to you if you ask!
www.freecycle.com Check to see if there is a group near you.  I've gotten lumber, drywall, wood paneling, and planting pots for $0...do the math
If you have anyplace you can do it, make a compost pile! Why pay for soil when you can MAKE better soil for than what you can buy?
Finally: don't buy any preset grow cabs...build your own and save literally THOUSANDS of dollars.

@ Integra: Keep it up!  We definitely have different grow methods, but :respect: I can't wait to see where you go from here.

--------------------
"So it goes."
-Kurt Vonnegut

BlueBerry_Swisher said:I want French fries. No, I want a penis French. Thank you. I'm so excited. I can not contain myself. Now I eat chocolate. It is so good. I'm trying to rub it all over myself. And then lick. Now I need a hot shower. The end.

OfflineIntegra21
Up and coming Farmer

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Balls out first Grow (White Widow Scrog, DWC Hydro, 430w Son Argo Air cooled)*Updated Weekly* [Re: 81renaissance]
    #252334 - 07/21/09 10:49 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

thnkx 81renaissance. Yeah, If your ready all the way through I'm sure you noticed there were tons of changes along the way(most documented), and there are more to come. I currently have a 20lb co2 tank, but haven't really got to use it yet because I am currently saving up for a proper regulator(its useless with out it, made a make shift one but went through a full tank in less than 24 hours) Waiting for the first flower to be complete, than changing my tub setup a little to make transplanting and changing the water easier. Working on converting all of my mothers to hydro using 2 gal buckets. Also going to add suplimental led lighting to my flower room. Looking into try led's for my mothers. Still not sure on that though, but I'm sure I'll try it with at least one mother. And as big as this list looks, Its not even as many as half of the changes that have already happened. But I am still dying to know how my new strains are. Just wanted something that flowered faster than 10 weeks(white widow).

OfflineIntegra21
Up and coming Farmer

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Balls out first Grow (White Widow Scrog, DWC Hydro, 430w Son Argo Air cooled)*Updated Weekly* [Re: Integra21]
    #252714 - 07/22/09 12:09 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

A Suprise update.

In case anyone ever noticed that the second Piss plant Had kinda just disappeared out of my grow room, it didn't just die. I was doing my own little attempt at an outdoor grow. The plant was moved outside without and gradual immersion. The plant was grow indoors for about a month until it was about 7 inches tall. I planted it outside of my girlfriends dad's house(with his permission) and watered it. About 2 weeks later I came and poured a gallon of my veg food on it and let it be. It has been outside for about 6 weeks now, and today was the second time I checked on it. To my suprise, it was about 3.5-4 feet tall. I again soaked the soil around it with another gallon of my new nutrients(GH Flora Series). Growth is incredible when compared to my piss plant in my grow room still(indoor ones is about 16 inches tall). And it is completely healthy(healthier than my indoor). Here are some pics(words dont mean shit). Sorry they aren't my usual high quality. I took them with my cell phone(HTC Tilt). In the taller pic, you can see my white, standard sized gallon jug that you can kinda use as a scale refrence.

Keep in mind this plant has only been checked on twice in 6 weeks and as of today, has been fed twice. Another update in a few weeks(dont get out that way often) Next time I'll bring my camera for some good close-ups. Didnt this time because I figured it was dead, or at best, not picture worthy.

Invisiblemel_lonta_tauda
Male User Gallery
Loc: the sun
    #252719 - 07/22/09 12:24 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

:awesome::ganja:

Offlineshakalaka
Stranger

#253044 - 07/22/09 10:20 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Brilliant work...can't wait to see the LED's in action!

OfflineCannaboid
Gang Green Gang
Male User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Re: Balls out first Grow (White Widow Scrog, DWC Hydro, 430w Son Argo Air cooled)*Updated Weekly* [Re: shakalaka]
    #253056 - 07/22/09 11:12 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Jeez, well I bet that outdoor one was a surprise to you! :awesome:

--------------------

OfflineIntegra21
Up and coming Farmer

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Balls out first Grow (White Widow Scrog, DWC Hydro, 430w Son Argo Air cooled)*Updated Weekly* [Re: Cannaboid]
    #253066 - 07/22/09 11:36 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

yeah. I am hoping for a good harvest now. Gotta split it with the wifes father though.

OfflineIntegra21
Up and coming Farmer

Trusted Cultivator
    #255877 - 07/27/09 01:24 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Week 20 update

Another in a series of busy weeks in the grow room. I am setting all of my mothers up as hydro and half are already done. I used 2 gallon buckets i picked up in the local paint department, a 3.5 inch heavy duty net pot, and a 5 inch air disc. I just teed off of existing air lines for these pots. All 3 of the seedlings(Mango, Blue Mystic, Mazar) were given there own buckets, and then a very generous friend gave me 9 clones from his proven and amazing Blue Kush mother. I intend on keeping one as my mother and using 6 of the others for my next grow. I dont know if anyone has had the chance to smoke this shit, but it is amazing. I haven just discarded my Blue Kush bag seed plant, since it branches so well. Waiting to see how the sexing one goes. And my WW1&2 mothers are turning into full fledged trees. The WW3 clones are growing completely normal and at an alarming speed. The Hydro one is over double the size of the soil one, but both look fantastic, and were the only plants that were almost imune to the nutrient burn that all of the other plants suffered from. What good genetics(beat and starved its entire life, clones taken from half dead plant 3 weeks into flowering, and suffering through nutrient burn caused by water contamination) and it is still the best looking plant in the grow room.

The WW1&2 clones are now 8 weeks into flowering. They are still recovering from the nutrient burn, but bud growth is going well. They are geting more of a potent smell than the WW3 plant. Trichome growth is really taking off and the buds are getting frosty. The Piss and my Blue Kush are a week into sexing. The Kush has doubled in height over the last week. Really looking forward to this harvest and the next, since it is a shorter flowering time. Thanks for tuning in. Any questions, feel free to ask.

OfflineIntegra21
Up and coming Farmer

Trusted Cultivator
    #259060 - 08/03/09 02:29 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Week 21 Update

We are now 21 weeks into this grow. All is going fairly well. Still trying to get the hang of these General Hydroponic nutrients. I diluted to quarter strength for the seedlings and clones and they were still getting burned. I diluted to about 1/8th strength and they seem to be doing better. All 3 seedlings now have roots hanging out of the net pots. The clones are all starting to root and the two in hydrotron have already rooted(I switch to hydrotron once roots make it out of the pot). Really waiting to get these Blue Kush plants into flower, because I love this herb and my buddy that gave them to me wants to see how they do in my hydro setup versus his soil-less mix.

The outdoor Piss Plant is doing great. Probly the best looking plant i have. It is about 5 feet tall now and is starting to show pistils. Really looking forward to this outdoor harvest. Cant wait to see the weight it puts on. It too is a good, fast flowering strain. It also has the biggest fan leaves I've ever seen. You can use the tomato cage as a refrence of its size.

The WW3 Mother in hydro is growing at a healthy and insane rate. It's leaves are getting huge. The color is also great but what I have come to expect from these dwc buckets. Cant wait to give this girl another shot. Wishing I had more flowering room. The Blue Kush and Piss clones are 2 weeks into sexing and still haven't shown positive signs of sex. The kush has already made it to the screen and the piss is only about 2 inches behind. Trying to figure out if I want to let them grow their full cycle or not. I will probly judge that on how big they get and how much of a pain it will be to work around then. If i had pulled the WW1 sexing clone I would have had 38.5 grams less of good chronic, so it makes me hesitant to pull these.

The WW1&2 clones are now 9 weeks into flowering. They are really starting to dense up nicely. I finally got a proper CO2 regulator order and the bottle filled again and am hoping it will be here Monday or Tuesday. Hoping this will dense them up even more. Trichome growth is fantastic. These buds look so white in person. The color doesn't seem to be coming back in the light's hot spot. But it doesn't seem like it is causing a problem. Im really excited thinking about my first real harvest coming up soon. My goal is to get 8 ounces out of these 5 plants. We'll have to see how close I get. I was originally hoping for more, but with the nutrient burn problems and lack of co2, I have adjusted my guess. Also, Unless WW2 is one of the best herbs I've smoked, it is loosing the phenotype war with its sisters. I already know that WW3 is fantastic all around(taste, weight, smell, potency) and so far WW1 in the Queen in the weight production and vigor. But I'll have a better idea in about a month.

OfflineIntegra21
Up and coming Farmer

Trusted Cultivator
    #259100 - 08/03/09 10:35 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

OfflineAudz

#259146 - 08/03/09 01:17 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

More like SeaOfDonkeyDicks, or SODD, imo.

OfflineIntegra21
Up and coming Farmer

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Balls out first Grow (White Widow Scrog, DWC Hydro, 430w Son Argo Air cooled)*Updated Weekly* [Re: Audz]
    #259169 - 08/03/09 02:43 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

yeah, its still growing well even though it is extremely overgrown. but the buds along the outside of the screen are a bit smaller because they dont get much light. but they still look tasty.

OfflineOjom
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #259648 - 08/04/09 03:33 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Did the father-in-law know the piss plant was going to get that big? Or is he in for more than he bargained for at this point?

OfflineIntegra21
Up and coming Farmer

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Balls out first Grow (White Widow Scrog, DWC Hydro, 430w Son Argo Air cooled)*Updated Weekly* [Re: Ojom]
    #259702 - 08/04/09 07:01 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

no he probly expected it to get bigger. The last one he had out back got to about 10ft tall and wast starting to show over the roof.

OfflineOjom
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #259867 - 08/04/09 11:12 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

That one still has plenty of stretch left in it I bet.

OfflineIntegra21
Up and coming Farmer

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Balls out first Grow (White Widow Scrog, DWC Hydro, 430w Son Argo Air cooled)*Updated Weekly* [Re: Ojom]
    #259911 - 08/05/09 01:20 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

I'm guessing that maybe another foot since pistils are starting to show.

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

Loc: North Star Flag
    #259923 - 08/05/09 02:11 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

That outdoor plant?  Have you ever grown outside before bro?  They stretch more than indoors.  If that thing is 3 feet tall right now, you can expect about an 8-9 footer easily.  They usually about triple from the start of flowering until the 4th or 5th week when they cease vertical growth and begin packing on the flower weight.

--------------------
Don't criticize what you can't understand

OfflineIntegra21
Up and coming Farmer

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Balls out first Grow (White Widow Scrog, DWC Hydro, 430w Son Argo Air cooled)*Updated Weekly* [Re: Inverted]
    #259928 - 08/05/09 02:54 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

THis is my first outdoor plant. The last pic it was actually about 5 feet tall. So, expect a 15 footer?

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | Next >

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck