Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   THCeeds Marijuana Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   OlympusMyco.com CVG Mushroom Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
AK-47 x Diesel AutoFlower FINAL HARVEST PICS (COMPLETE 1-23-10)
    #316727 - 11/16/09 05:19 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Thanks to a kind donation I'm finally able to grow an auto-flower strain.  Ak-47 x Diesel, the plants in the first two pics are about 4 days old, the plant on the right in the third pic is about two days old, and the one on the left just popped through the surface last night.  The smallest one is pretty vigorous, when I checked this morning a tap root was already poking through its side.

I was hoping to have more, but poor germination rates plagued me.  Out of 15 beans those were the only survivors.  I'm just hoping the luck will swing my way and I'll end up with all girls :wink:.

The medium is 1.5 cups of perlite mixed in with .5 cups of verm in 18 oz solo cups (Hempy grow).  Once sexed the plan is to move to 1 gallon containers for flowering.  This is also my first time growing hempy, these plants are a test run for when I grow my other strains sitting in my veg cab.  It'll also give me a little bit of supply to hold me over while the other plants finish.

So, we'll see how things go.  I'll get to fine tune my flowering cab and get it tweaked out and practice growing hempy style.  Can't wait to see what the buzz is like from the auto-flowers :smile:

--------------------

MFDoom666: sobriety kills my buzz every time.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinefeelfunny
Stranger
Re: AK-47 x Diesel AutoFlower [Re: coda]
    #316810 - 11/16/09 06:25 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

not bad hope it works out. so you a fellow mushroom grower to? i got verm and perlite everywere. did you trade for the seed here?

**mod edited to comply with rules and regs.**

Edited by 81renaissance (11/17/09 01:21 PM)

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
Re: AK-47 x Diesel AutoFlower [Re: feelfunny]
    #316987 - 11/16/09 08:57 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Sorry man, no seed trading allowed on the boards since it is illegal in the states.  Our seedbank forum is a good place to learn about places to buy, and find good deals on seeds.

And yes, I'm a fellow shroom grower.  I help mod the cult forums over there too :wink:

--------------------

OfflineInbred_gimp
Herb Connesuir
Male User Gallery

Loc: Beyond the wall of sleep
    #317031 - 11/16/09 10:38 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

sucks bout that germ rate bro, will be following, hope you atleast get a couple of sexy ladies :wink:

--------------------

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
Re: AK-47 x Diesel AutoFlower [Re: Inbred_gimp]
    #317442 - 11/17/09 04:40 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

yah, what can ya do.  I just have to work with what I got :wink:

--------------------

OfflineInbred_gimp
Herb Connesuir
Male User Gallery

#317565 - 11/17/09 06:51 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

yeah well you got a good chance of at least one female then u can just make some clones, sounds like an awesome strain, have you tried it before??

--------------------

OfflineAudz

#317578 - 11/17/09 07:18 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Inbred_gimp said:
yeah well you got a good chance of at least one female then u can just make some clones, sounds like an awesome strain, have you tried it before??

Can't clone autoflowers, unfortunately.

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
Re: AK-47 x Diesel AutoFlower [Re: Audz]
    #317580 - 11/17/09 07:21 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Can't clone autoflowers, unfortunately.

Sad, but true.  Don't have the space for breeding either.  If it was summer I would take one male and a female or two and hide them outside.

--------------------

OfflineKaptKid
Spaced Pirate
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bright Side of the Sun
    #319824 - 11/22/09 08:45 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Thats not a good germination rate.

Hope you get girls for the most part.

What kind of lights are you germinating under?

--------------------
Child of the 60's, Tripping ever sence.

InvisibleFurrowedBrowM
Free yourself from yourself
Male User Gallery

Loc: Carpal Tunnel
Trusted Cultivator
Re: AK-47 x Diesel AutoFlower [Re: KaptKid]
    #320053 - 11/22/09 04:50 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

i don't think germinating under any light at all is recommended.  :shrug:

--------------------

Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies - Become a member!
The Growery's Herb Museum (post #24)
I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery.
~ Thomas Jefferson ~

OfflineKaptKid
Spaced Pirate
Male User Gallery

Re: AK-47 x Diesel AutoFlower [Re: FurrowedBrow]
    #320151 - 11/22/09 07:47 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

FurrowedBrow said:
i don't think germinating under any light at all is recommended.  :shrug:

OK, after germination, what kind of light are you using.

Smoking the last of the BHO, I love this buzz.

--------------------

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #321167 - 11/24/09 04:50 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

i don't think germinating under any light at all is recommended.

I've always germ'd under a flo. light.  It shouldn't make a difference either way, but in nature the seeds germ under the biggest lamp of them all :wink:

Quote:

what kind of light are you using.

4 ft two bulb 29 watt T-5's.  Will move to a 600 watt HPS when they're big enough.  Temps fluctuate between 74-77 degrees depending on ambient temps.

--------------------

OfflineInbred_gimp
Herb Connesuir
Male User Gallery

#321344 - 11/25/09 01:08 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

how are they looking ??? hope they growing as well as mi sprouts are :laugh:

--------------------

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #321521 - 11/25/09 01:30 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

They're looking poor, but this is due to my own hand then anything else.  I'm really broke right now, so much so in fact that I can't afford to spend the money on litmus strips or drops to PH test my water.  So right now they're suffering from a PH imbalance due to the water being too alkaline (runs 7-8 PH out of the tap).  I was hoping i'd be able to get them through this phase without fucking them up, and it looks like they made it without too much stress.  Next watering is going to include food so the PH will be much lower then it has been.  My friend is coming back into town tomorrow as well and he's bringing me some extra supplies to test PH with.

However, aside from the slightly twisted leaves, growth is pretty good.  A little slower then I expected but that might be due to the PH issues. they're about 2-3 inches tall and working on their first set of 5 bladed leaves.  Cotes are dying off and some of the older leaves are yellowing so I know they're ready for a little bit of N at the very least.  We'll see how they respond when I feed them next.

I'll get some pics up by later tonight most likely.

--------------------

OfflineSteve Buscemi

#321570 - 11/25/09 02:54 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

looks extremely promising.
I'll definitely keep an eye out, I really wanna see how this autoflowering thing works.

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
Re: AK-47 x Diesel AutoFlower [Re: Steve Buscemi]
    #322605 - 11/28/09 10:42 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

I fed them with .5 tsp/gal of flora nova bloom yesterday.  Today almost all of the curling has gone away.  So the next watering or two is going to be at that strength and then I'll move it up a notch, then up to full strength.  Hopefully I'll be seeing some more aggressive growth now.

--------------------

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #323896 - 11/30/09 06:10 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Pic 1: This is a sprout I like to call "Mirac", somehow a seed fell out of one the peat pellets I thought was dead.  A few days later I opened the veg cab to see the seed leaves poking out from underneath the plastic holder that contained the peat pellets.  So I hydrated a peat pellet, stuck the sprout into it, and let it sit.  Somehow it made it through so now I have one more to add to the collection.

Pic 2: All the girls in a row, two on the far left are the younger ones

Pic 3: Older plants

Pic 4: Older plant on right, other two are the younger ones.

This marks about day 20 for the older ones, day 15-16 for the younger ones, mirac is probably on day 5-6 although I'm not certain of her time line.  So, I'm not sure if the problems I was having before came from underwatering, a PH imbalance, or both.  I've started watering them every day now pretty much (skipped last night because they looked fine).  They also get food with every watering, still sticking with .5 tsp per gal.  One more week and I'll bump it up to a full tsp and see how they handle it.  Once I started feeding/watering every day growth has picked up, the leaf curl has been pretty much eliminated, and some green has come back to the lower leaves which had started to yellow (although some of the single blade leaves are beyond repair).

I'm hoping to see sex within two weeks, and I'm pretty sure soon after the flowering process begins.  Just will have to wait and see I suppose.

--------------------

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #325342 - 12/02/09 04:33 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Two confirmed females this morning, came home and found one more girl and one possible male.  I'm sure the other older ones will show sex in a day or two and the younger ones a few days after that.

So 20 days from sprout to the beginnings of buds (well, for three plants at least).

--------------------

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

Loc: North Star Flag
    #326157 - 12/03/09 04:27 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Thats great, they'll really start to take off now.  Once they get the surface area necessary to really kick into photosynthesis they never look back.  Don't get discouraged by the growth so far, I know they'll make it up to you :wink:

--------------------
Don't criticize what you can't understand

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
Re: AK-47 x Diesel AutoFlower [Re: Inverted]
    #326163 - 12/03/09 04:43 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Don't get discouraged by the growth so far, I know they'll make it up to you :wink:

This can be partially blamed on the hempy style as before the roots hit the rez the plants grow pretty slowly.  Still, I think it was lack of water/nutes that held em back.

I can now also increase my female count to 4.  So that's 4/6 so far with the two young ones still trying to catch up.  I'm gonna have to bust my ass this weekend and get the HPS set up for them.

--------------------

OfflineAzyle00
Captain Canada
Male

Loc: CANADA
    #326238 - 12/03/09 06:50 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

You can get various results from the AF plants if a slow start or problematic grow pweriod since it is so short.  I have a set of AFs that had a rocky start and are lowryder seeds and they are two weeks from harvest max and still only 10 inches high roughly.  But nice big colas and buds developed regardless of the height.

So cute :smile:

--------------------
"I never post unless high.  Well that does explain a lot then."

"The best part about going to sleep each night is knowing that my plants will have grown more when I wake up in the morning."

"I smoked it then I became so tired that my eyes shut down automatically without my consent" - My Chinese GF, Oct 23, 2009 :smile:

Starting your first GROW, things you should ask/answer before you do

Current Grow Journal

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
Re: AK-47 x Diesel AutoFlower [Re: Azyle00]
    #326261 - 12/03/09 07:33 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

So cute :smile:

Haha, that's exactly what I thought when I saw the buds coming in on these plants.  It's odd to see them on something so small.  Can't wait to see how well they turn out.

I need to go out and buy some more perlite and verm this weekend.  I think I should transplant the known girls now while it's still really early.  I'll probably just stick them in a 2 liter container.

--------------------

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #327451 - 12/05/09 04:58 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Hooked up my HPS today.  I'm super pissed because I can't find my Hortilux bulb.  Had to go out and buy another one (albeit not hortilux since now they are too expensive for me).  Current room temp is 84.5.  4 degrees hotter then I'd like, but I think that's the best I'm going to get.  I'll combat the heat with some silica blast and keep the lamp up just a tad higher.  I'm letting the room run "dry" now to get a better feel of temperature fluctuations. 

However I don't think I'll be able to break 80 with my current setup, I'd need a bigger exhaust fan to do that and it's just too expensive at the moment.  Hopefully I can keep my temps maximum to mid 80's, I know that will change come summer though.  But I'll deal with that when the time comes.

Oh yah, one more confirmed female.  That makes 5 out of 6 so far.  I may have had poor germination rates, but my female ratio is amazing! :wink:

--------------------

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #327739 - 12/06/09 03:10 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

last plant to be confirmed is a female as well.  So, that's 6/6 for me.  I'll just count all the seeds which didn't sprout as males :wink:

--------------------

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #328367 - 12/07/09 08:24 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Day 25

Transplanted all six today into 1.75 (or so) gallon buckets.  Switched from the veg formula to the flowering formula.  Still sticking with .5 tsp for now, didn't want to hit them with a full dose directly after transplant.  Also added in .5 tsp Thrive Alive (B1 supplement w/1-1-1 NPK) to encourage strong root growth and to counteract any negative impact from the transplant.

All of the root systems looked mighty healthy, they were just leaning towards the point of becoming rootbound.  For anyone who is going hempy and want's to stay small, go to lowes or home depot and hit the paint aisle up.  The small buckets they had were the cheapest I've been able to find, they are also the perfect size (for me right now at least) and were not hard to drill into at all (although I did have one split on me a little due to too much pressure).

The majority of the plants are starting to put off a nice skunk with the odd ball plants putting off more of an ammonia/"Cat-Piss" smell.  My whole kitchen reeked during the transplant from rubbing up against the plant leaves.  I can only imagine what it's going to smell like in a few weeks lol.  Only 45 more days (give or take) left!

Anyways, that's all for now.  I promise I'll get a photo update tomorrow.  I'm too wiped to do it right now.

--------------------

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #328392 - 12/07/09 09:07 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Ok, so I lied, there's some pics because I ended up having to move stuff around anyways.  I'll get some of the plants out from underneath the HPS sometime soon, they all look fantastic (if not just a tiny bit droopy from transplant/water).

--------------------

Invisibletsollost
Master of Mopery

#328510 - 12/08/09 01:54 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

:borat:

--------------------
GUNGA GALUNGA

OfflineTomCollins

Re: AK-47 x Diesel AutoFlower [Re: tsollost]
    #328531 - 12/08/09 03:21 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

I love how simple your setup is.

--------------------
andyistic said:
Ok so let me bring you idiots up to speed.
The admins are tired of this shitfest being made the joke of the weed community on the Internet.

Invisibletsollost
Master of Mopery

Re: AK-47 x Diesel AutoFlower [Re: TomCollins]
    #328534 - 12/08/09 03:40 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

i'm interested to see what those autoflowers yield

--------------------
GUNGA GALUNGA

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

Re: AK-47 x Diesel AutoFlower [Re: tsollost]
    #328549 - 12/08/09 04:21 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Spency said:
:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Quote:

tsollost said:
i'm interested to see what those autoflowers yield

I'm thinking of throwing a run of these in one of my growboxes, just to see how practical they are, as you can pack them very close together and do a SOG and maximize a small space.  I could probably fit 36 females in my 2x2 box, and would yield more than I would with regular seeds.

I also have read that they don't really pack the full punch, because of the Ruderalis lineage.  It makes sense but I truly have NO experience with them, is there any truth to this statement?  I'm sure they can get pretty damn dank, but not up to full potential of Cannabis.

--------------------

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #328573 - 12/08/09 05:53 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

I've never smoked an AF strain before so I can't honestly tell you.  I heard the same thing, but this was back when LowRyder was the only AF strain available.

KaptKid says he enjoys the buzz from them, and judging from Azyle's current AF grow you can yield some pretty nice looking buds.  I don't really see myself growing these two often.  They're fun for sure, but you have to start over from scratch every time.  Plus if you really want to grow AF strains exclusively you better have room for a breeding area.  It would be pretty expensive to order seeds every time you wanted to grow.

Needless to say they're perfect for testing out my cabinet.  It's also really cool to wake up one morning and see buds forming while the plants sit under 24/0 light.  Today was their first day with a 12 hr dark period, i run my lights from 7 Pm to 7 AM so they're about to flip on any minute now.  I have to make a run to lowes to pick up some weather stripping or something to seal up the light leak in the front of the cabinet and to seal up the sides where the doors are.

Quote:

Thanks!  I can't modify my house so all i need is an intake and exhaust with a cracked window for cool air to come in.  My low temp has been 79 and the max has been 86 and average temps at around 82.5.  I'm satisfied with that and the plants don't seem to mind it too much (although they do get a bit droopy come morning).

--------------------

InvisibleFurrowedBrowM
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #328589 - 12/08/09 06:53 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Yeah, pluss with the smaller size of the af's you'd get less seeds per run.  They seem like a novelty item to me.  I understand their usefulness though.  This is kind of a theoretical opinion though since i've got no practical experience with them.  looking good coda!  like inverted, i would also think that that background would lead to a lock on the potential the plant can achieve.  but again, that's just a thought.  I don't think i have even read that anywhere, but it makes sense.

--------------------

~ Thomas Jefferson ~

OfflineKaptKid
Spaced Pirate
Male User Gallery

#328624 - 12/08/09 08:54 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

I've only grown two strains of af's.Only four strains altogether to date and working on my 5th but the af's did leave an impression on me.

From what I read these af's were intended for places without a long growing season.

My interest was peeked from the 2 to 3 ft height. For out door grows. Most my out door grows got riped because of 10 to 15 ft plants. Hard to hide.

Looks like your off to a good start coda. Will be watching.

--------------------

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #328705 - 12/08/09 10:39 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

They seem like a novelty item to me.

Yah, I would definitely class them as a novelty strain.  However, they have great potential for micro grows.  People who only have room for something like a PC tower or something similarly small.

Quote:

Looks like your off to a good start coda. Will be watching.

Thanks man :smile:

--------------------

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #330538 - 12/12/09 10:33 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Day 30

Just thought I'd give a small update with some of my faster producers.  Bud production is going very well, these three above are definitely outpacing their sisters.  The lower leaves on most of the plants are getting a nice coating of frost.  I was having a small problem with a too alkaline solution.  I was only feeding .5 tsp per gal so I'm guessing my Ph was around 6.5 or so.  So the plants had a day or two of problems absorbing nutes, all of the plants new growth on the tips had curled under.  However, I just let them sit, and eventually it worked itself out after a night.  I just Ph tested solution containing 1 tsp per gal and it came out at around 6 or so which should be just fine.  If they still want a lower Ph I now have a bottle of Ph down.  Finally there's my new can filter which I had to buy because the gf complained about the smell.  My first time using one, I plan on buying some L brackets and mounting the fant on the wall.  I'll make a little shelf and secure the filter to the wall with a piece of chain.  Hopefully that will reduce the smell enough so she's happy. It was only fifty bucks so it wasn't too much of a hit on the wallet.

--------------------

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

#330558 - 12/12/09 11:55 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Good progress!  I too have some stinky ladies only 14 days flowering!  We should be finishing around the same time, although you look ahead of me already, but mine are going to get quite a big larger I would suppose?

I am anxious to see how potent AF's can be.  I think I might be able to produce the most with AF plants in a SOG for one of my next grows, but i'm not sure.  With 3.5 feet, do you think I can manage to veg some decent plants if I FIM and tie them down, then Scrog them a week before flowering???  I'm really trying to find the best method to get the highest yield with my current setup.  Please help a brotha out!

--------------------

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #330683 - 12/13/09 12:19 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

3.5 total feet in your cabinet?  That's pretty tiny!

--------------------

OfflineCarcass

#331441 - 12/14/09 07:35 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

those gonna be such badass weeds. looking great. gl

Offlinephantom
Heavy Hitter
Male

Re: AK-47 x Diesel AutoFlower [Re: Carcass]
    #331599 - 12/15/09 01:48 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

AK and Diesel will smoke so good.  I wish I could taste some when it's all donezo!  Really happy looking kiddos!  Props!

--------------------
"You got weed on your brain!"

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Loc: Nepal Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: AK-47 x Diesel AutoFlower [Re: phantom]
    #332453 - 12/16/09 05:38 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

lookin' real good my man. Those hempy's are rocking for ya :smile:

--------------------

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
Re: AK-47 x Diesel AutoFlower [Re: Harry_Ba11sach]
    #332457 - 12/16/09 05:50 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

yah, looks like they got a little N def. over the past few days.  Played a little experiment to see how long they could go without water/food.  They hit the three day mark and started showing signs of being hungry.

Fed them last night 1 tsp FN Bloom/gal of water.  Lights flip on in 10 mins so we'll see if there's a slight improvement (although I think I won't see a change in color for another day or two).  Aside from that they look pretty happy.

--------------------

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #333484 - 12/19/09 07:30 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Well, I feel dumb.  Totally misread the directions on the Flora Nova bottle (or at the very least, remembered them wrong).  Don't know why I thought full strength was one Tsp lol.

Fed them last night at 3 tsp/gal.  One plant in particular seems to be suffering from some sort of nute overload.  Next watering I think I'm going to flush that one out and see if it helps any.  I'll try to get some pics up tonight as I have to do some work up my cabinet and hook up the new can filter.

--------------------

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

#333777 - 12/19/09 09:38 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

It's tonight!

PICS!

--------------------

Offlinethe man

#333781 - 12/19/09 10:22 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

im glad to here this multi hybrid is still 100% auto. that makes me happy.  very cool

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
Re: AK-47 x Diesel AutoFlower [Re: the man]
    #334218 - 12/20/09 09:40 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Just set up the can filter tonight, re-arranged my exhaust system, basically revamped the entire closet.  Fixed some major light leaks from the back too.  I need to replace the squirrel cage fan I have running my intake, otherwise this grow would be almost whisper quiet.

I took a bunch of pics, but it seems like the pic uploader is broken right now.  Soon as it gets fixed I'll upload them :smile:

--------------------

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #334657 - 12/21/09 06:57 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Here's the pics I snapped last night.  Sorry for the crappy quality, I'll get this POS Digi to work right one of these days.

--------------------

OfflineKaptKid
Spaced Pirate
Male User Gallery

#334728 - 12/21/09 08:40 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Good looking room.

Plants are looking sweet. How tall are they?

--------------------

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #334732 - 12/21/09 08:49 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

between 10-15 inches

--------------------

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

#334740 - 12/21/09 09:04 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Perfect.

Are they starting to trich over a little bit?  Looks like it.

We are at about the same stage?  How long do you think they've been in flowering?

--------------------

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #335183 - 12/22/09 04:42 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Are they starting to trich over a little bit?  Looks like it.

Yes sir, trich formation is going quite nicely.  I imagine in another two weeks they'll be pretty frosty

Quote:

How long do you think they've been in flowering?

well today marks day 39 total.  So they've been flowering around 2-2.5 weeks now (give or take, since they're autoflower I don't really know the exact date they switched over to flower).

--------------------

OfflineFrozenReality
 User Gallery

#335265 - 12/22/09 08:01 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

wow awesome job! When i saw your grow closet I had to take a second look cause it looked very similar to mine a few years back that I was doing auto's in. Have you considered running weather stripping along the edges of where the door is when its all closed up? Its great for odor and preventing stray light from getting in or out.

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
Re: AK-47 x Diesel AutoFlower [Re: FrozenReality]
    #335322 - 12/22/09 09:26 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Yup, weather stripping is the next addition.  I'll be picking up a can of this Ona gel for odor control as well.  It's not too expensive so if it works, awesome, if not it won't take too much out of my wallet.

Forgot to post they also were fed with 3 tsp/gal tonight.

--------------------

Invisiblemaggotz

#335451 - 12/23/09 07:21 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

haha that looks so awesome. i have to try one of these af strains sometime.

one time i did a little experimenting and i got this little plant to flower and i am not joking it can't have been more than 20cm high, and this was outdoors. haha i barely got enough out of it to make like 2 or three joints but it looked so funny. i wish i still had all my growing pics. :sad:

OfflineAzyle00
Captain Canada
Male

Loc: CANADA
Re: AK-47 x Diesel AutoFlower [Re: maggotz]
    #335621 - 12/23/09 02:25 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Coda, your Auto AK47 is behaving so similar to my auto blue X ak47.  I resulted in plants from 9 - 11 inches high, all one massive cola and some side cars.  Took 70-80 days seed to harvest.

--------------------
"I never post unless high.  Well that does explain a lot then."

"The best part about going to sleep each night is knowing that my plants will have grown more when I wake up in the morning."

"I smoked it then I became so tired that my eyes shut down automatically without my consent" - My Chinese GF, Oct 23, 2009 :smile:

Starting your first GROW, things you should ask/answer before you do

Current Grow Journal

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
Re: AK-47 x Diesel AutoFlower [Re: Azyle00]
    #335666 - 12/23/09 05:35 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

yah, i was banking on 70 days for the earliest chop but planning on 80 days.  Some of the plants are also showing decidedly more sativa traits.  I'm sure they'll be taking a bit longer then those that seem more indica.

--------------------

OfflineLivinSublime
OG New Jack
Male

#335800 - 12/24/09 07:24 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

coda said:
yah, i was banking on 70 days for the earliest chop but planning on 80 days.  Some of the plants are also showing decidedly more sativa traits.  I'm sure they'll be taking a bit longer then those that seem more indica.

Man definately tell us the yield you get from those per plant. I want to try an autoflowering strain, but I dont really want to waste my time if its not going to produce that much.

Looks amazing, is this your first time growing an autoflowering strain?

--------------------
Ahh, Its Bootsy Baby.

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
Re: AK-47 x Diesel AutoFlower [Re: LivinSublime]
    #335889 - 12/24/09 01:22 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Yup.  Yield varies a lot.  I'm shooting for 14 grams per plant.

--------------------

OfflineLivinSublime
OG New Jack
Male

#336041 - 12/24/09 09:56 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

coda said:
Yup.  Yield varies a lot.  I'm shooting for 14 grams per plant.

Thats not bad at all considering how much time is put into those plants. Are the buds as potent as the non-ruderalis mother?

--------------------
Ahh, Its Bootsy Baby.

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
Re: AK-47 x Diesel AutoFlower [Re: LivinSublime]
    #336056 - 12/24/09 11:04 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Don't know, never smoked it.  I'll find out in February though :wink:

--------------------

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #336195 - 12/25/09 12:14 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

I don't know if any of you remember the seed which germinated on its on in my tray?  Well as luck would have it I ended up with another girl lol.  So that's 7/7 for my af's.  This is the last one I have and will be put into a two gallon pot tomorrow when home depot opens again.  She's around 25 days old right now so about 2.5 weeks behind the others.

--------------------

Offlinechucklehead
Super Villian
Male

Loc: The Hall of Doom
    #336433 - 12/26/09 12:26 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

coda said:

Love that set up!
:hotidea:

--------------------

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
Re: AK-47 x Diesel AutoFlower [Re: chucklehead]
    #336439 - 12/26/09 12:58 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Thanks!  My next upgrade is going to be a longer cooltube.  It definitely works very well :smile:

--------------------

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #336750 - 12/26/09 07:02 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Put my final AF plant under the HPS tonight.

--------------------

Offlinechucklehead
Super Villian
Male

#336753 - 12/26/09 07:10 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Final?  Which is to say you'll not do Autoflowering again?

--------------------

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #336760 - 12/26/09 07:40 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

No, final as in there are no more living AF plants in my veg cabinet :wink:  I have five more of those AF beans so sometime again I'll do a run with them.

--------------------

OfflineHomosapian
DMT
Male User Gallery

Loc: Austin , TX
    #336770 - 12/26/09 07:54 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

that is pretty badass ... how much bud will 1 of those plants make?
how much money can you make out of one single plant of that?

--------------------

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: AK-47 x Diesel AutoFlower [Re: Homosapian]
    #336778 - 12/26/09 08:41 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

so you're saying weed is only worth money? you don't want to actually smoke?

--------------------

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #336836 - 12/26/09 11:24 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

how much bud will 1 of those plants make?

It depends.

Quote:

how much money can you make out of one single plant of that?

Wouldn't know, I don't sell my buds.

--------------------

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #337609 - 12/28/09 07:06 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Fed the two largest ones tonight @ 3 tsp FN Bloom/Gal.  The rest of the plants will get fed tomorrow.  Snapped a few quick pics while I was in there.  Oh yah, I wear a size 11 if anyone was wondering :wink:

--------------------

OfflineTomCollins

#338380 - 12/31/09 01:57 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Coda, very similar looking closet to mine. :-P

Bravo on the grow too! :tongue:

--------------------
andyistic said:
Ok so let me bring you idiots up to speed.
The admins are tired of this shitfest being made the joke of the weed community on the Internet.

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
Re: AK-47 x Diesel AutoFlower [Re: TomCollins]
    #338419 - 01/01/10 10:00 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Thanks!  3 more weeks left on this one, buds are looking nice I'm just hoping they fill in more.

--------------------

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #341114 - 01/05/10 07:17 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Day 55

Here's a quick picture update, group shot and then some close ups of the plants on the far left in the group shot.  Wish I could get some better closeups but my lighting is really poor and it blurs too much.  Trichome production is going a lot better then the pictures let on.  Most plants are swelling right now and packing on weight, some of the buds are a bit smaller then I would have liked but otherwise look pretty tasty.  Left my exhaust fan off today and came home to a room that was overpowering.  Definitely a nice smell from these ladies, I rubbed a few of the lower leaves and got a nice citrus scent with a little bit of pine.  Definitely can't wait until they've cured.

First day to chop is the 20th, I think some of the plants will be read by then but the taller ones I'm thinking will need at least an extra week.  I don't think I'll hit my 14 grams per plant, but I do think I'll have a pretty decent yield at the end.  My low goal is 1.5 ozs, my high goal is 3, but I think I'll end up with right around 2 give or take.  Anyways, very pleased with these girls.  Wish I was able to clone a few of them as I really love their bud structure.  One of my new goals is to get all my plants to grow colas like the one on the far right :wink:

--------------------

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #341135 - 01/05/10 07:35 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Yummy, VERY nice :thumbup:

you're liking that hempy now aren't ya? :smile:

--------------------

Offlinesnaggletooth
Stranger in a Strange Land
Male

#341143 - 01/05/10 07:42 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

coda said:

That's what I need my babies to look like. If I could do that I could grow 24 and not 12. :crazy:

Offlinechucklehead
Super Villian
Male

Re: AK-47 x Diesel AutoFlower [Re: snaggletooth]
    #341153 - 01/05/10 08:05 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Let us know how these weigh out and smoke.  I'm particularly interested in the potency and most of all the taste.

--------------------

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #341163 - 01/05/10 08:27 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

you're liking that hempy now aren't ya?

Unbelievably so.  My buddy just got back from NYC so I'm going to snag some gravity this weekend and add it into my feeding schedule for a few feedings.

Do you actually flush your plants, or do you just water them plain Ph balanced water for the last week or so of their life?

Quote:

That's what I need my babies to look like

Yah, I prefer this as well.  When magash releases his sweet 16 you should check it out.  It's been bred to grow one large cola for SOG style grows.

Quote:

Let us know how these weigh out and smoke.

Definitely.  I'll be giving a before and after cure smoke report.

--------------------

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #341171 - 01/05/10 08:34 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

NO nutrients with the gravity.

I do 1ml of gravity in plain water for 3 feedings and then gradually step up the nutes after that. if you search around I outlined my exact schedule somewhere

--------------------

Offlinesnaggletooth
Male

#341206 - 01/05/10 09:02 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

coda said:

Quote:

That's what I need my babies to look like

Yah, I prefer this as well.  When magash releases his sweet 16 you should check it out.  It's been bred to grow one large cola for SOG style grows.

Liny?

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #341247 - 01/05/10 09:23 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Obscured, did you mean link?  He hasn't started selling them yet, but has talks of starting up a business soon.

Harry, no I meant the final flush of the substrate.  I was wondering if you actually flushed (3 gal water to 1 gallon of container), or just ran plain Ph balanced water for the final week of their lives.

--------------------

Offlinesnaggletooth
Male

#341281 - 01/05/10 09:57 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

haha yeah link, ah ok, no problem just was not sure what you were talking about.

OfflineGoldenCapAttack
Male

Loc: Ca
    #341377 - 01/05/10 11:35 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Great Looking grow man!!
Enjoy them budz  :vaped:
And make sure to give a weight!!

--------------------

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #341379 - 01/05/10 11:39 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

coda said:
Obscured, did you mean link?  He hasn't started selling them yet, but has talks of starting up a business soon.

Harry, no I meant the final flush of the substrate.  I was wondering if you actually flushed (3 gal water to 1 gallon of container), or just ran plain Ph balanced water for the final week of their lives.

yes I do, but with molasses involved. and my buds come out STINKY AS FUCK. maybe I lose yield by not fertilizing for that last week, but for the taste and smell I end up with, I'm way more than satisfied

--------------------

InvisibleTriptonic
Male

Loc: Flag
    #341382 - 01/05/10 11:55 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Harry, you grow this way? I think this is the way that I would like to grow for my first official grow under an HPS. Could you guide me through my journey?

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
Re: AK-47 x Diesel AutoFlower [Re: Triptonic]
    #341639 - 01/06/10 04:40 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

yes I do, but with molasses involved.

Hmmm, my supermarket sells some nice "organic" black strap.  What ratio of sugar to water do you use?

--------------------

Offlinefeelfunny
Stranger
    #341659 - 01/06/10 05:08 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

um sorry for the dumb question what the  molasses  for?

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
Re: AK-47 x Diesel AutoFlower [Re: feelfunny]
    #341757 - 01/06/10 07:12 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

It's a sugar additive.  Sugars are converted into terpenes which is what provide the odor and flavor in your smoke.

--------------------

InvisibleFarBeyondDriven
Truthfully, I'm a bullshitter
Male User Gallery

Loc: Greenbow, Alabama
    #341854 - 01/06/10 08:14 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

so the flavor and odor of the bud would be comparable to molasses?

--------------------

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
Re: AK-47 x Diesel AutoFlower [Re: FarBeyondDriven]
    #341930 - 01/06/10 09:20 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

lol, no, it merely enhances what smells/tastes your buds already have.

--------------------

InvisibleFarBeyondDriven
Male User Gallery

#341936 - 01/06/10 09:23 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

oh ok i gotcha.

--------------------

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

#342031 - 01/06/10 10:44 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

coda said:
Quote:

yes I do, but with molasses involved.

Hmmm, my supermarket sells some nice "organic" black strap.  What ratio of sugar to water do you use?

1 TBSP/Gallon of H2O

--------------------

Offlinethe man

#344713 - 01/09/10 11:39 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

do you think the yield would have been higher with 20on/4off? i imagine it would make a huge difference. and although it would be more expensive per day the yield would be perportional to the greater number of hours per day. as the lie cycle is ruffly pre determined. if that makes sense.

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
Re: AK-47 x Diesel AutoFlower [Re: the man]
    #344818 - 01/10/10 01:01 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Yah, I was wondering about that myself.  I'm pretty sure a longer light cycle would give me a little more yield at the end.  But the purpose of this grow was to get the cabinet dialed in for when I started with the bigger plants.  To do this I needed a 12/12 cycle to get an idea of ambient temps, smell, indoor temps and humidity, feeding schedules, etc.  My thought was just emulate the bigger grow and see what the results are.  I figured if the plants turned out well, then other plants would most likely follow suit given some minor differences.

Anyways, I clipped a small tester bud that wasn't really getting much light and would have ended up in the hash pile anyways.  Did that last night so it's been hang drying for a day now, drying nice and slow which is nice.  Looks like the calyx's are finally all starting to swell.  I'll be really happy to hopefully get some non wispy buds.  All of my soil grows ended up with major problems that I really think held back the full potential of my plants.  Sure, it was definitely good (especially that cherry slyder).  But my yields were pathetic and the buds were just pretty to look at.  Soon as you touched them it would crumble,  even a remoistening did no good.  The calyxs just never swelled and were mega tiny.

This marks the first grow I've EVER had with NO major problems.  It's an awesome feeling!  Something I've been searching for for a long time, and now that I've achieved that goal I can start focusing on others.  I'm truly excited to smoke these buds, if they're as good as I think they are I'm never leaving hempy nor flora nova again lol.

--------------------

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #344826 - 01/10/10 01:29 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Well I spent some time with my ladies tonight so I might as well post a few pictures of them.  So I'll show case the largest cola I have growing.  It's about a foot long and coke can size in diameter.  Definitely really happy with this girl,  The next are pics taken through my 10x jeweler's loupe.  The first two microscrope pics are the big cola and the next two are from the frostiest plant I have.  Finally, some plants have been purpling (most likely due to really low daytime temps lately), so they're looking prettier and prettier any day.

--------------------

InvisibleTriptonic
Male

#344827 - 01/10/10 01:30 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Very nice Coda, I'm loving the pics. I like what I see with those Hempy Buckets.

OfflineKaptKid
Spaced Pirate
Male User Gallery

#345031 - 01/10/10 03:11 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

I loved the pic's through the jeweler's loupe.

Have you smoked the sample you took?

--------------------

OfflineGoldenCapAttack
Male

Loc: Ca
    #345079 - 01/10/10 04:04 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

KaptKid said:
I loved the pic's through the jeweler's loupe.

--------------------

Offlinesnaggletooth
Male

#345126 - 01/10/10 04:53 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

coda said:

Fuck man, I hope I can get mine to look like that!

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #345200 - 01/10/10 05:39 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

ave you smoked the sample you took?

Actually, I did today.  Hung dry it for two days, then just finished it off in my dehydrator.  Despite the quick dry the smoke was very smooth with a tiny amount of bite.  Flavor wasn't terrible, but it wasn't anything to write home about (though I didn't expect it to be).  However, for being two weeks immature, it knocked me on my ass.  I smoked the bowl around 3 and I'm still pretty high right now almost 4 hours later.  Definite improvement from the last tester I clipped. 

I'm cutting off the flowering nutes, plants are only getting Ph balanced water with some molasses.  Just picked up a bottle of the molasses tonight, probably start feeding them tomorrow with it.  I'm looking forward to giving them a proper dry and cure.  The tester was a nice taste, hopefully another two weeks will be all they need. :smile:

--------------------

OfflineLivinSublime
OG New Jack
Male

#345656 - 01/11/10 08:38 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Damn man, great job.
I am gonna have to break down and try out some of the autoflowering plants. Those results look amazing. I imagined the high would suck and because of the ruderalis genes that the buds would turn out whispy and brittle.
Damn was I wrong.
Im looking forward to the final weight man.
Peace and I hope you enjoy the fruits of your labor.
Oh yeah, did you get the seeds from doc chronic, attitude, or where?
If thats already been answered man just ignore it.
Peace

--------------------
Ahh, Its Bootsy Baby.

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #345759 - 01/11/10 03:12 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

coda said:
Quote:

ave you smoked the sample you took?

Actually, I did today.  Hung dry it for two days, then just finished it off in my dehydrator.  Despite the quick dry the smoke was very smooth with a tiny amount of bite.  Flavor wasn't terrible, but it wasn't anything to write home about (though I didn't expect it to be).  However, for being two weeks immature, it knocked me on my ass.  I smoked the bowl around 3 and I'm still pretty high right now almost 4 hours later.  Definite improvement from the last tester I clipped. 

I'm cutting off the flowering nutes, plants are only getting Ph balanced water with some molasses.  Just picked up a bottle of the molasses tonight, probably start feeding them tomorrow with it.  I'm looking forward to giving them a proper dry and cure.  The tester was a nice taste, hopefully another two weeks will be all they need. :smile:

I would suggest giving them a couple more days of feedings. I only flush mine for about 4-5 days and they taste amazing, plus I notice a significant gain in density in the last 2 weeks which I attribute partially to them still being fed.
Hempy is still hyro so you don't need to treat it quite like soil

--------------------

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #345779 - 01/11/10 04:36 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Really?  I figured the two weeks without food would let them use up all the residual nutes in the plant allowing for a smoother smoke.  Guess I'm just used to soil time lines. 

So, with that, I'll give them one more dose of nutes then switch to the sugar water only.  I'm planning on chopping next week anyways so that should fit within the time line you mentioned.

I'm having doubts about the final weight of these buds.  Gave a couple of the main colas a squeeze and they felt a little spongy.  Hopefully they don't dry up to nothing on me.  One of my main problems in growing has been yield.  A lot of my soil grows ended up with tiny, wispy, airy buds that dried to nothing and would crumble when squeezed.  I am noticing a lot of calyx swelling, but still, I guess the doubting thomas in me is saying they're gonna end up the same way.

We'll know for sure in three weeks though :wink:

--------------------

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #345862 - 01/11/10 06:57 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Just fed them 3 tsp/gal with 1 tbsp of black molasses added in.  That molasses is some thick stuff lol.  Took a lot of shaking to get it to dissolved.  2 or three plants look ready for the chop honestly, majority of stigmas are red/orange and almost all the trich's are cloudy.  Didn't see any amber in there (although I can't look long because my scope sucks and my eyes are terrible).  I'm gonna give those plants til Saturday before I make the decision if I'll chop or not.  I may just chop the smallest of the three and let the others sit.  Then I'll compare to see if the wait was worth it or not.

Either way every time I open my cab I drool like crazy, sucks being out of weed with buds on the vine lol.

--------------------

OfflineKaptKid
Spaced Pirate
Male User Gallery

#346254 - 01/12/10 10:41 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

coda said: sucks being out of weed with buds on the vine lol.

Yes, it does.

:ganja:
            That bud monster keeps attcking my lower buds.:laugh:

--------------------

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #346470 - 01/12/10 04:48 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

gotta watch that otherwise you end up with shit heheh.  It is hard keeping your hands off of them, I'm really trying to practice a bunch of patience with this grow but it's wearing thin.  I've pretty much convinced myself to chop that one plant anyways, don't think an added 4 days is going to do much for it.

--------------------

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

#346489 - 01/12/10 05:22 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

I'm the same as you Coda...

I'd probably cut it if you already have the mindset to do so.  That way you can have something to smoke during the week that your main crop is drying, thus helping those itchy scissor fingers... :grin:

I didn't even look in my cab today because I didn't want to be tempted to clip a nug.

It's really really weird that the most sativa looking plant I have seems to be the most mature???  It's spongy as you say, while others are fat and solid, but from the looks of things she is almost ready, just gonna be airy...

At least 2 of the 4 will have nice dense buds.  Patience is a virtue

--------------------

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #346494 - 01/12/10 05:26 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

The earliest I'd be able to chop would be tomorrow.  Stuck in class til 9 tonight and by the time I get home I'd have worked a 10 hour shift with 3 hours of class.  In short, I'll be fucking exhausted and in no mood to trim :wink:

But I still think I should wait until Sat.  We'll see how patient I am though :wink:

--------------------

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

#346504 - 01/12/10 05:32 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

:thumbup:

ah well, in no time you will :feelsgoodman:

We both will actually, since we are basically harvesting on the same day.

We will see though, my plants had a rocky start to flowering, so they may end up needing an extra week, it's just hard to visualize where they will actually be in 16 days...  It's always a roll of the dice with me.  Some plants  end up packing in some serious weight in the last couple weeks, while others I've had show almost no visual improvement.  All in all it's going to be good.  As I said before this is my first indoor "harvest" and am just now getting dialed in.  Next run will have NO MAJOR issues.  Hold me to it!

--------------------

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #346513 - 01/12/10 05:37 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

will do.  I'd be surprised if the plants put on more weight in the next week.  The two plants which are more sativa looking might get an additional week just to be sure.  Plus i've never done a staggered harvest before. It'll be interesting to see how much a weeks difference will make between plants.

--------------------

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #346525 - 01/12/10 05:48 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

you should try to find a nug on each plant that looks roughly the same size/weight right now, and compare them once dried. they might not swell, but I'm curious if the density increases at all...

--------------------

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #346528 - 01/12/10 05:55 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

That would actually be kind of difficult to do.  Only two plants with good enough branching.  The rest of the plants look like small spears.

--------------------

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #346531 - 01/12/10 05:57 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

ahh fair enough. I'm sure you'll get a good enough feel for it just by breaking up bowls that you can report back anyway

--------------------

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

#346551 - 01/12/10 06:26 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

That's usually the time where I make my final judgment on a strain I have grown.

I really cannot give it a :thumbup: or :thumbdown: until I'm breaking up a nug from a cured cola.  That's when I make my decision on whether or not this strain is worth keeping for future grows/breeding.

I'm really into quality, so even though my Haze plant was a huge waste of space, I actually do not mind losing the potential yield because the taste and high of a Haze is so unique that it's a fair trade in my opinion.

That's why I'm so excited to see how these Bubba Kush x Super Skunk turn out.  Bubba is generally a lower yielder, but extremely potent, so it fits in my book perfect, but throw in the SS and I believe the yield will be bumped up a bit.

--------------------

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #346569 - 01/12/10 06:49 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

yah, I'm psyched about the La Conf. x Skunk I have vegging.  Always wanted to try a skunk strain out, and la conf. was on my list too.  Two birds with one stone :wink:

--------------------

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

#346698 - 01/12/10 08:49 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

The other bonus is the longer these take to finish, the longer I get to train and veg the Skunk/Kush.  I really believe after watching my grow that you just can't really get large buds from small plants.  That being said I'm going to make sure the next run is sexually mature when I flip, so that they can really live up to their potential.

--------------------

Offlinechucklehead
Super Villian
Male

Haze and Skunk! [Re: coda]
    #346704 - 01/12/10 09:05 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Two strains very dear to my heart.  I had Silver Haze in Amsterdam a few years back.  It was totally amazing.  It was powerful and deliceous.  I daydream about that joint all the time.  It makes me long to go back to Amsterdam. 

As for Skunk, I grew up on it.  They literaly grow it by the ton where I'm from.  It was also the cheepest weed I could buy back in college but I always liked it the best anyway.  What they called skunk bud back home was extemely heavy on body buzz, red eyes, couch lock, and the best sleep you ever got.  Good times good times.

Coda are you going to snap us picks of those sexy ladies before you give them the chop?

--------------------

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

Re: Haze and Skunk! [Re: chucklehead]
    #346718 - 01/12/10 09:29 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

chucklehead said:
Two strains very dear to my heart.  I had Silver Haze in Amsterdam a few years back.  It was totally amazing.  It was powerful and deliceous.  I daydream about that joint all the time.  It makes me long to go back to Amsterdam. 

As for Skunk, I grew up on it.  They literaly grow it by the ton where I'm from.  It was also the cheepest weed I could buy back in college but I always liked it the best anyway.  What they called skunk bud back home was extemely heavy on body buzz, red eyes, couch lock, and the best sleep you ever got.  Good times good times.

Coda are you going to snap us picks of those sexy ladies before you give them the chop?

SSH was also one of my favorite strains to smoke.  It was slightly wispy but still some of the best I have had the honor to smoke.  I can remember it as if it were yesterday, although it was probably 6+ years ago :grin:  It MUST have been good.

I would like to see some closer shots, as most of your pictures are fairly dark and I can't really see the bud formation.  I'm sure they are completely different to look at in person and in bright light.

--------------------

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Haze and Skunk! [Re: Inverted]
    #347125 - 01/13/10 04:37 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Yah, I'm taking one of them down tonight.  Was planning on doing a mini pictorial on how I harvest and trim.  So you'll get a before and after shot of one plant tonight.  When I harvest the rest I'll do the same.  I'll be labeling the plants too so when I do my smoke tests I can compare them.

Quote:

I really believe after watching my grow that you just can't really get large buds from small plants.

:whistles: :wink:

--------------------

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

Re: Haze and Skunk! [Re: coda]
    #347136 - 01/13/10 05:01 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Well I kinda retract that statement, I don't mean large just in size.  I can see that bud is pretty big.  I have one that size too, but I seem to notice when you get fairly large buds, they aren't that dense.  Outdoors on big plants I've gotten some BIG DENSE buds before but Indoors I don't think you can mirror those results on little plants... Maybe but I think you would have to find the perfect strain.

How does that one feel when you give it the squeeze test?  Some of mine are rock hard, but they seem like they still have a few weeks...?  How do your hairs look, because only one of my plant has hairs that have started to turn and i'm on day 47 of 12/12, do you think some stunting at the flip caused me to be a week behind?

--------------------

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #347144 - 01/13/10 05:46 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

that particular plant is a little spongy, not very many hairs red or orange on it.  It's one of the few I will be letting sit for an extra week.

--------------------

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #347145 - 01/13/10 05:49 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

ehh, I still kinda disagree. this plant was only about a foot tall but that center nug weighed 33 grams...

--------------------

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

Re: Haze and Skunk! [Re: Harry_Ba11sach]
    #347163 - 01/13/10 06:36 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

I've had plenty of nugs that size, but I don't know how that can weight 33 grams.  The biggest cola I've ever grown was a little over a half ounce...

--------------------

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #347277 - 01/13/10 08:38 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Ok, here's the harvest pics.  We'll call this plant #1.  Here's a very quick overview of how I trim, I would have taken more pics but my cam was running out of batteries.  Luckily they lasted long enough to get to the wet weigh in

Picture before trimming

First I start by removing all major fan leaves which have stems that are easily accessible all the way to the main stalk of the plant.  I like to get rid of all these garbage leaves while the plant is still in the container.  It's easier to get to the main stalk and remove the whole leaf this way. 

Next comes the chop, I cut at the base of the main stalk making sure to give me a few inches to grab onto while doing the more delicate trimming.

Now there's a million ways to trim your bud.  I use two methods, one I call lollipop trimming because I hold the bud by the stalk (like a lollipop, duh :wink:) and snip off the sugary small leaves and small fan leaf tips near the calyxes.  The other is the palm method (my own name too lol), this is where I lay the bud in my palm and trim.  I like this method more because the bud is more stable, and my fingers don't hurt from pinching the stalk. 

I like to keep the bud horizontal, this way I can pay attention to where the tips of my scissors are.  Keep the blades parallel with your calyxes, I like to get them as close as possible to the bud without actually touching it to avoid really mashing trichs and trimming off calyxes by mistake.  Remember, measure twice cut ONCE.  Once you snip, there's no going back.  If you don't pay attention a beautiful A grade bud can be turned into lowly C grade nugs with one slip.  Plus it makes it a son of a bitch to dry if you have chunks of bud cut from the stalk.  Take your time, like I said you can't undo mistakes so it pays off to take it slow and easy and measure each snip carefully.  Once you get the hang of it you can speed up, but even still slow and steady wins the bud waver race.

Almost finished with this one.  Note: I chopped this bud in two pieces as I do with almost all larger buds.  The longer they are the more difficult it is to keep them steady.  Big buds are awesome, but they all need to get reduced at some point to hit the jars.  I personally like to leave them no longer then from the base of my palm to my finger tips.

voila, 1/2 the plant is now finished to my liking.

pile of sugar to be turned into hash from the bottom bud of my plant.

Here's the "palm" method.  Lay the bud in your palm and work on the side until it's to your liking.  Then just rotate the bud and start on the new side until it's all done.

1/2 the bud done, now to the other side.

Whew, 35 mins later and there you have it, two nice sized nugs trimmed to my liking.  I don't mind having a little extra leaf in there.  If it's too much I can always pick it off later and toss it in the hash pile.  If you start going crazy you end up trimming too much, or make a mistake and cut in the wrong spot.  Everyone has different preferences in this area, but seeing as these fans are just coated with white it's not difficult for me to leave them on the bud.

Pile of sugar from the whole plant.  This gets toseed in a small paper lunch sack to dry.  I'll open the sack once a day and lightly shake it to move the leaf matter around.  I'd say in about 2-3 days it'll be good enough to go into a jar for storage.  When I have a decent amount it's off to the hash races for me.  I'll probably get one more 8 plant harvest in before I make a batch.  The large fan leaves get saved too, well this round anyway.  I normally trash them but I want to try my hand at making edibles after a few harvests. 

Some close ups of the bud.  I'm amazed these photos turned out alright.  My cam has a small optical zoom and then kicks into digital zoom (which usually blows).  I managed to snap two good pics of the trichs, my other pictures did no justice to how pretty these plants look.

Final wet weight was 44 grams.  IIRC 2/3's water in a wet plant.  which means, if it goes well, I should hit my 1/2 oz mark.  Don't quote me on that though, believe it or not that's the first time I ever weighed out my buds after trimming.  But it was small enough and since I was doing only one plant I figured what the hell and weighed them.  Personally I think I'm going to end up with 7-8 grams, but there's always hope for the 14 I truly want :wink:

Anyways, there you have it.  One plant down, 7 almost ready.  Then I have one more AF plant with about a month to go and my run with this particular strain will come to an end.  This plant had some nice purple hues to it (cold weather purps), but I couldn't get a picture that showed it off well.  It's a beauty of a nugget and I'm already wishing it was dry heheh.

--------------------

Offlineenno
starman
Male User Gallery

Loc: space
    #347299 - 01/13/10 08:57 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

damn man it looks like a little pine tree
belesimo

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

#347316 - 01/13/10 09:06 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Nice job and nice TEK on trimming.  I pretty much do it just like you, except I go more OCD on it and get almost every little fan.  I think I'll leave more on this next time.  I think I'll fair similar results as you, except mine aren't as ready as I thought.  I'd say on the high side I'll get a little over a half, and on the low side probably 7-8 grams (per plant)...  Not too great for the effort I put into it, but now that I have this setup figured out, the next run will be great.  I'm expecting over 4zips next run

--------------------

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #347322 - 01/13/10 09:16 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

it gets easier with each grow for sure.  Once you know the strain in and out you'll be able to pump out some fat harvests.  I used to be real anal about the fans too, but to tell you the truth they really don't bother me much.  Like I said, if it's too harsh i can always pick them off and smooth out the smoke.

Quote:

damn man it looks like a little pine tree
belesimo

why thank you :smile:  PS the greasy wop inside of me is screaming to say it's bellissimo, but you're close enough heheheh /word nazi :P

--------------------

InvisibleFarBeyondDriven
Male User Gallery

#347347 - 01/13/10 09:46 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

nice plants man. and nice trimming tek. i swear i can learn most of the things i want to know about cult just by reading new and old threads and not asking a question for the 10000000th time. :rofl:

--------------------

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #347478 - 01/14/10 08:51 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Inverted said:
I've had plenty of nugs that size, but I don't know how that can weight 33 grams.  The biggest cola I've ever grown was a little over a half ounce...

airflow brah. I can usually see the leaves on my plant fluttering in the wind while they're flowering, this not only creates very strong and healthy stems but it signals to the plant that mold and humidity will not be a concern. the increased rate of stomatal respiration causes incredibly high density

--------------------

Offlinechucklehead
Super Villian
Male

#347531 - 01/14/10 12:02 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Hot DAMN!  That is some fine work coda.:jennajameson:

--------------------

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

#347578 - 01/14/10 01:43 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Harry_Ba11sach said:
Quote:

Inverted said:

airflow brah. I can usually see the leaves on my plant fluttering in the wind while they're flowering, this not only creates very strong and healthy stems but it signals to the plant that mold and humidity will not be a concern. the increased rate of stomatal respiration causes incredibly high density

Ahhh thank you for the clarification.  My airflow isn't that great.  It is inside the box, but it's not exchanging enough.  My new setup for magash's beans is going to be perfect.  I will have the passive airflow going for that box.  Those seedlings/plants are looking absolutely awesome.

--------------------

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #347664 - 01/14/10 03:07 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

yeah. that air exchange once every 5 minutes like all the websites suggest is retarded. I'm talking about exchanging the entire room in 20 seconds. :discorex:

I have 96 ft^3 right now, and I'm buying a 456cfm fan for it.

--------------------

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

#347668 - 01/14/10 03:11 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Nice.  Yeah I have a 133CFM fan for a 16 cubic foot space, so I think I'll be ok.  Plus I don't have any static pressure because I don't use any carbon filtration.

--------------------

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #347677 - 01/14/10 03:16 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

lol yeah, that's definitely awesome. that 33gram nug was grown in a 20ft^3 space with 95cfm, so you'll be rockin' :thumbup:

sorry to temporarily derail the thread coda, gorgeous nugs you grew there! first hempy grow a success :hi5:

--------------------

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #347791 - 01/14/10 04:45 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

No problem, I don't consider it derailed if you're talking about cultivating :P

Both buds have lost 10 grams worth of water weight already.  I think I'll be lucky if I see 5 grams from this plant.  I clipped off a small bud from the lower portion to dehydrate.  Haven't smoked in a little bit and man was today just a hellacious day.  So I just said fuck it and picked off the bud which looked the least formed.  Don't expect it taste great or anything, but I'm sure I'll catch a nice buzz before I hit the sack tonight.

I'll be buying a stronger circulating fan for sure, we'll test out your theory there harry.  I know good airflow is essential, and my intake and exhaust are definitely adequate for the room, but maybe stronger air circulation around the buds will help my chances at growing something rock hard.  I'd like to replace the 4 inch inline I have with a 6 inch fan with a higher CFM rating.  Then I'll take the 4 inch inline and replace my squirrel cage fan with it.  The damn squirrel cage is so noisy, I'll probably end up donating it to a member here in need.  It's got a lot of hours on it, but it still works pretty well.

Anyways, kinda disappointing with this plant.  I know for sure I'm gonna end up with the damn wispy, crunchy, nuggets I've been trying to avoid.  But in the end it's still smoke, and I have all the time in the world to grow more, so it's not too big of a deal.  The Sour D plant I have flowering is looking great.  Trich formation already even though the buds are pretty tiny.  I also have that one last autoflower in there as well.  So hopefully with the new circulating fan I'll be able to get it to produce the dense buds I've been wanting so badly.

--------------------

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #348341 - 01/15/10 04:31 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

After doing a bunch of reading last night I really think my problem here is an early harvest.  Judging from the look of the calyxes I'm just not giving them enough time.  Because of this I'm going to delay the full harvest by at least 1 week (more likely two).  I've come this far, might as well wait a little longer if it means denser nugs.

Other then that another weigh in today.

Big nug was at 8.3 grams.  It's getting nice and crispy on the outside.  I figure by sunday it will be dry enough to hit the jar.

Second nug was 6.4 grams.  I cut off another big chunk tonight though to quick dry.  Fuck it, the buds are gonna be wispy any ways so I don't really care. 

I imagine the big nug will come in at 4-5 grams and the smaller one 1-2 (if I don't smoke it all by sunday :wink:)

EDIT: Well turns out that nugget I snipped came in at one gram even after it hit the dehydrator for two hours.  Bone dry too, stem snapped like a twig and the bud basically crumbled in my hand.  Pretty surprising to me, there's probably another two grams (possibly) sitting on the bud that's hang drying right now. 

--------------------

Offlinechucklehead
Super Villian
Male

#348546 - 01/16/10 08:28 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

So basically 1/4 oz for one plant.  I don't imagine I'll even get close to that.

--------------------

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #348665 - 01/16/10 02:08 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Yah, I think you're on the money there.  I dehydrated the rest of the bottom, the remaining came out to 2 grams even heh.  So the bottom of my plant gave me around 3.1 grams.  The top 1/2 is still a little wet and weighing in close to 7 grams right now.  I'll probably lose another gram to water and that stalk probably weighs close to a gram.  So about 8 grams is what I'm thinking I'll end up with. 

I think my thoughts on too early of a chop are correct.  Here's why I think so.

Breeder gives total plant life around 80-90 days.  This upcoming Wed. will be day 80, but only like day 54 or so of flowering. 

Knowing that I could easily flower this plant for another two weeks and still only be around day 70 flowering which is not unheard of.

I bought a new pocket microscope today which is much easier to use then the one I have.  Taking a look at the dried buds from the plant I chopped I'm seeing almost all of the trichs are completely clear.  Guess I got a false positive when I was using my shitty scope.  If the trichs are all clear on this plant, chances are they're all clear on the others too.

So, I think I'm going to give my plants an additional 10 days past this Wed.  Then I'll clip a few calyxes from each plant and check the trichs and decide whether I should give them more time, or if I should chop.  There's still a little light at the end of the tunnel, I may be able to get these buds to fatten up if all they need is some more time.  I also think I'm going to buy an additive like the dry Kool Bloom to use.  I really think the plants could benefit from a large dose of P + K in the last 3-4 weeks of flowering.  The flora nova is great, but I think my plants could use a little more towards the end of their life.

--------------------

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

#348862 - 01/16/10 09:03 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Sounds pretty much like my problem.

I'm on day 50 and the first hairs have started to turn.  I'd say they have 60+ needed.  That lockout at the beginning of flowering ended up biting me in the ass.  The 2 indica dominant plants probably only grew to half of their potential.  For a 24 day veg time, this plant should be quite a bit larger than an AF.  I think not breaking up the rootball during transplant also reduced root branching and yield.

I just clipped a lower bud from one of the dense bud plants and it's a lot bigger than I thought, but the swelling just hasn't happened yet.

I'd say they are going to be rock solid by harvest, I just don't know how to guage weight.  The other 2 are very low density.

Had I performed a smooth run, I think this plant would be twice as big and bushy...  Instead it looks just like yours.  (Only stretched 4 inches during 12/12  That plant will probably bring me 3/8 or maybe close to a 1/2.  I should be getting a zip from a plant that age... :nonono:

--------------------

Offlinepha3r0
Stranger

#348985 - 01/17/10 11:08 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Well the nugs certainly look awesome coda great job even if they didn't hit your weight goal.

From my reading a lot of AF strains just aren't as good of producers as their non AF ancestors. Do you think you will do more in the future or where just checking them out?

--------------------
"The proverb warns that, "You should not bite the hand that feeds you." But maybe you should, if it prevents you from feeding yourself."
- Thomas Szasz

"if you arent good with electricity dont go touching it...ive electrocuted myself twice...its no fun"
- mhbound

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Haze and Skunk! [Re: pha3r0]
    #349032 - 01/17/10 01:59 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Well I have five seeds left so I'll be possibly doing another run with them.  After that, I dunno, they were fun and all but I'm not sure I'd spend money on seeds.

--------------------

Offlinechucklehead
Super Villian
Male

#349071 - 01/17/10 04:47 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

coda said:
Well I have five seeds left so I'll be possibly doing another run with them.  After that, I dunno, they were fun and all but I'm not sure I'd spend money on seeds.

Meaning you'd spend the money on some other seeds just not AF?

--------------------

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

#349087 - 01/17/10 05:57 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Yes that's what he's implying I believe.

--------------------

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #349583 - 01/18/10 07:04 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Here's a couple of cabinet pics since I was snapping some of my other plants.  They're all looking beautiful, I added in 2 ml's of gravity to their last feeding.  The buds are now starting to harden.  I'm not sure if I can attribute it to the gravity, or if they just needed more time.  Either way 3 plants have some rock hard colas now, and the rest have slightly spongy colas.  I also kept one plant off the gravity as a control.  We'll see if it makes any difference come weigh in time.

I think I'll hack down the one plant with really yellowed leaves this week.  She looks done, the scope sample produced almost all cloudy, a few clear, and a few amber.  Sounds ready to me, but I'm pushing for just a few more days.

--------------------

Offlinechucklehead
Super Villian
Male

SIZE MATTERS [Re: coda]
    #349600 - 01/18/10 07:26 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Any chance I could talk you into getting out the tape measure and cracking off a few measurements for us?  I'm interested in the tallest and shortest of them to give me an idea of size range for AF plants.

Looks fantastic btw not that you didn't already know that.  You lucky bastard :tongue:

Edited by chucklehead (01/18/10 07:27 PM)

InvisibleFarBeyondDriven
Male User Gallery

Re: SIZE MATTERS [Re: chucklehead]
    #349603 - 01/18/10 07:29 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

AF plants?

what's the AF stand for?

--------------------

InvisibleTriptonic
Male

#349604 - 01/18/10 07:29 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Coda those buds look delicious.

Offlinechucklehead
Super Villian
Male

Re: SIZE MATTERS [Re: FarBeyondDriven]
    #349607 - 01/18/10 07:32 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

FarBeyondDriven said:
AF plants?

what's the AF stand for?

Auto Flowering.

--------------------

InvisibleTriptonic
Male

#349609 - 01/18/10 07:33 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

FarBeyondDriven said:
AF plants?

what's the AF stand for?

:facepalm:

InvisibleFarBeyondDriven
Male User Gallery

Re: SIZE MATTERS [Re: Triptonic]
    #349620 - 01/18/10 07:41 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Triptonic said:
Quote:

FarBeyondDriven said:
AF plants?

what's the AF stand for?

:facepalm:

:doublefu:. i have admitted my newbness several times already.

--------------------

InvisibleTriptonic
Male

#349621 - 01/18/10 07:42 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

:lol:

InvisibleFarBeyondDriven
Male User Gallery

#349630 - 01/18/10 07:47 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

I'm in the process of acquiring knowledge while I can't grow so when I can, I will have more of a clue of what I'm doing than I did the first time.

--------------------

InvisibleTriptonic
Male

#349632 - 01/18/10 07:48 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

:thumbup: good idea.

InvisibleFarBeyondDriven
Male User Gallery

#349633 - 01/18/10 07:50 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

so :doublefu: and your :facepalm:s

:whack:

--------------------

InvisibleTriptonic
Male

#349634 - 01/18/10 07:51 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

InvisibleFarBeyondDriven
Male User Gallery

#349636 - 01/18/10 07:52 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

:confused:

--------------------

InvisibleTriptonic
Male

#349638 - 01/18/10 07:54 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Giant facepalm = me :rofl2: at you. But yeah lets not derail codas grow log.

InvisibleFarBeyondDriven
Male User Gallery

#349642 - 01/18/10 07:57 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

i didn't see the giant facepalm. i didn't see anything. still don't.

anyways, back to the grow log

--------------------

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #350991 - 01/20/10 08:14 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Pics from beginning to scissor hash of plant #2.  This was a noticeably better harvest.  The buds were much more dense then the last plant.  So I really think just some extra time was needed to thicken them up.  The other plants will be coming down either this weekend, or the middle of next week.  I'll know by Friday what I want to be doing most likely, just want to see what this plant looks like crisped up a little bit.

Anyways, enjoy the pics, the first few are before I did anything to the plant, then it goes in order.  Strip the fan leaves, take off a branch, trim the bud, repeat :wink:  The scissor hash I got was really nice, crazy baked right now hehe  Come harvest I'll probably have 3x the amount in the picture, I can't wait I haven't had any hash in months :laugh:

--------------------

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: SIZE MATTERS [Re: coda]
    #350996 - 01/20/10 08:17 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Oh snap that's awesome man.

You must be thrilled :discorex:

--------------------

OfflineChillWillis
old school fool

#350999 - 01/20/10 08:19 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

6th pic down FTW.. Definitely my POTM for Jan.

Looks like you've got some beautiful smoke coming your way :congrats:

:vaped:

ps: marlb lights are for  :homo:

Edited by ChillWillis (01/20/10 08:22 PM)

InvisibleDrGreenThumb
Male User Gallery

Loc: Phish Tour Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: SIZE MATTERS [Re: Harry_Ba11sach]
    #351001 - 01/20/10 08:20 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Wow coda, that looks like sweet budski!!! Great color. :rockon:

--------------------
“Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.” -Dr. Seuss

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
Re: SIZE MATTERS [Re: DrGreenThumb]
    #351007 - 01/20/10 08:29 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

You must be thrilled

I'm definitely happy for sure.  I'm definitely interested to see how it dries. 

Quote:

6th pic down FTW.. Definitely my POTM for Jan.

Looks like you've got some beautiful smoke coming your way

Thank you very much :smile:  As for the cigarettes, eh, I smoked reds for almost 10 years.  Couldn't handle them anymore.  Doesn't matter though as I'll be trying to quit soon.

Quote:

Wow coda, that looks like sweet budski!!! Great color.

Thanks!  That's the first time I've had any purple like that.  Have had a few calyxes turn once or twice, but never leaves like that.  Most likely due to the cold weather during the dark cycle, still it does make for a pretty photo :smile:

Oh yah, the bedroom reeked for a good 2 hours after trimming her.  Hopefully the smell sticks around once it's dry :smile:

--------------------

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #352345 - 01/23/10 01:52 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

The rest of the plants come down today.  Unfortunately I won't have enough time to chop them during the week and I'll be too busy next weekend.  So I'll have to sacrifice those extra couple of days I wanted to give them.  No matter though, took a look at the trichs last night through a scope and now they're definitely all cloudy with spots of amber here and there.

--------------------

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

#352380 - 01/23/10 03:33 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

:awesome:

I can't wait to see some weights.  I suffered this grow.  At least the 1 good plant will make up for it.

--------------------

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
Re: SIZE MATTERS [Re: Inverted]
    #352402 - 01/23/10 04:57 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

yah, plant #2 came in at 37 grams.  It's still drying though so I'll be losing some more of that weight.

--------------------

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #352417 - 01/23/10 05:32 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Well this pretty much marks the end of the autoflower grow.  Took me about 3 hours to hack down these girls.  The plants that were just one cola were a pain in the ass to trim.  Scissor hash was fucking awesome, I'm nice and toasted right now.  Taste was superb as well which was a nice plus.

Anyways, these plants were fun and very easy to grow.  Don't know if I'd ever personally grow them again, but i can see these plants being used as an easy introduction to growing cannabis to new growers.  They seem to handle mistakes pretty well, can take heavy doses of nutrients easily, and stay manageable for small closet growers with no extra work needed.  The smoke at the end is very good, with the last sample being two weeks pre mature.  So hopefully the extra time gave a little boost to the remaining girls.

I'll update once again with a final dried weight and a smoke report. :smile:

--------------------

Offlinechucklehead
Super Villian
Male

Why not? [Re: coda]
    #352426 - 01/23/10 05:49 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

If the AF are so easy, forgiving, and of a good quality why are you not growing them again?  Yield?

--------------------

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Why not? [Re: chucklehead]
    #352435 - 01/23/10 06:09 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

because I'd have to breed them to keep doing it.  I'd rather grow from clones.  That way I know what I'll end up with each time, won't have to produce seeds, and can chop a month off of the grow time in some cases.

--------------------

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Why not? [Re: coda]
    #353655 - 01/26/10 06:59 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Plant #2 came in at 28 grams even.  So that marks 36 total grams so far.

--------------------

InvisibleFurrowedBrowM
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #353671 - 01/26/10 07:17 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

i like that avatar a lot better than your previous one.  Those leaves really went yellow on ya.  Looks like a pretty good flush.  fuckin dank.

geeez, why is this the closest gremlin to a guido - :coaster:

--------------------

~ Thomas Jefferson ~

OfflineKaptKid
Spaced Pirate
Male User Gallery

#353720 - 01/26/10 08:07 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

coda said:
Plant #2 came in at 28 grams even.

Thats great for under lights. :thumbup:

--------------------

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Why not? [Re: KaptKid]
    #353814 - 01/26/10 09:34 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Yah, I was pretty happy with it. I know I could do a lot better, I just need to control my environment more.  Sucks not being able to modify my house to vent properly. Don't think I'm going to have another plant weigh that much though, so it looks like that particular plant will take the best yield award lol.

I took the other plants off the hanger today, did some more manicuring, and stuck them in a jar to bring out some moisture.  If I keep smoking as little as I do every day most of my crop will have a pretty decent cure :smile:

--------------------

Offlinepha3r0
Stranger

#357773 - 02/04/10 06:31 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

coda said:

Hah I have that shirt:bigblunt:

--------------------
"The proverb warns that, "You should not bite the hand that feeds you." But maybe you should, if it prevents you from feeding yourself."
- Thomas Szasz

"if you arent good with electricity dont go touching it...ive electrocuted myself twice...its no fun"
- mhbound

Offlinechucklehead
Super Villian
Male

Re: SIZE MATTERS [Re: pha3r0]
    #357873 - 02/04/10 11:19 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Dude I want to smoke that weed.  Alas I shall settle for my mids for now and my home grown for the special nights.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   THCeeds Marijuana Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   OlympusMyco.com CVG Mushroom Substrate