Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   THCeeds Marijuana Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineAzyle00
Captain Canada
Male

Loc: CANADA
Re: AK-47 x Diesel AutoFlower [Re: coda]
    #326238 - 12/03/09 06:50 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

You can get various results from the AF plants if a slow start or problematic grow pweriod since it is so short.  I have a set of AFs that had a rocky start and are lowryder seeds and they are two weeks from harvest max and still only 10 inches high roughly.  But nice big colas and buds developed regardless of the height.

So cute :smile:

--------------------
"I never post unless high.  Well that does explain a lot then."

"The best part about going to sleep each night is knowing that my plants will have grown more when I wake up in the morning."

"I smoked it then I became so tired that my eyes shut down automatically without my consent" - My Chinese GF, Oct 23, 2009 :smile:

Starting your first GROW, things you should ask/answer before you do

Current Grow Journal

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
Re: AK-47 x Diesel AutoFlower [Re: Azyle00]
    #326261 - 12/03/09 07:33 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

So cute :smile:

Haha, that's exactly what I thought when I saw the buds coming in on these plants.  It's odd to see them on something so small.  Can't wait to see how well they turn out.

I need to go out and buy some more perlite and verm this weekend.  I think I should transplant the known girls now while it's still really early.  I'll probably just stick them in a 2 liter container.

--------------------

MFDoom666: sobriety kills my buzz every time.

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #327451 - 12/05/09 04:58 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Hooked up my HPS today.  I'm super pissed because I can't find my Hortilux bulb.  Had to go out and buy another one (albeit not hortilux since now they are too expensive for me).  Current room temp is 84.5.  4 degrees hotter then I'd like, but I think that's the best I'm going to get.  I'll combat the heat with some silica blast and keep the lamp up just a tad higher.  I'm letting the room run "dry" now to get a better feel of temperature fluctuations. 

However I don't think I'll be able to break 80 with my current setup, I'd need a bigger exhaust fan to do that and it's just too expensive at the moment.  Hopefully I can keep my temps maximum to mid 80's, I know that will change come summer though.  But I'll deal with that when the time comes.

Oh yah, one more confirmed female.  That makes 5 out of 6 so far.  I may have had poor germination rates, but my female ratio is amazing! :wink:

--------------------

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #327739 - 12/06/09 03:10 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

last plant to be confirmed is a female as well.  So, that's 6/6 for me.  I'll just count all the seeds which didn't sprout as males :wink:

--------------------

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #328367 - 12/07/09 08:24 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Day 25

Transplanted all six today into 1.75 (or so) gallon buckets.  Switched from the veg formula to the flowering formula.  Still sticking with .5 tsp for now, didn't want to hit them with a full dose directly after transplant.  Also added in .5 tsp Thrive Alive (B1 supplement w/1-1-1 NPK) to encourage strong root growth and to counteract any negative impact from the transplant.

All of the root systems looked mighty healthy, they were just leaning towards the point of becoming rootbound.  For anyone who is going hempy and want's to stay small, go to lowes or home depot and hit the paint aisle up.  The small buckets they had were the cheapest I've been able to find, they are also the perfect size (for me right now at least) and were not hard to drill into at all (although I did have one split on me a little due to too much pressure).

The majority of the plants are starting to put off a nice skunk with the odd ball plants putting off more of an ammonia/"Cat-Piss" smell.  My whole kitchen reeked during the transplant from rubbing up against the plant leaves.  I can only imagine what it's going to smell like in a few weeks lol.  Only 45 more days (give or take) left!

Anyways, that's all for now.  I promise I'll get a photo update tomorrow.  I'm too wiped to do it right now.

--------------------

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #328392 - 12/07/09 09:07 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Ok, so I lied, there's some pics because I ended up having to move stuff around anyways.  I'll get some of the plants out from underneath the HPS sometime soon, they all look fantastic (if not just a tiny bit droopy from transplant/water).

--------------------

Invisibletsollost
Master of Mopery

#328510 - 12/08/09 01:54 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

:borat:

--------------------
GUNGA GALUNGA

OfflineTomCollins

Re: AK-47 x Diesel AutoFlower [Re: tsollost]
    #328531 - 12/08/09 03:21 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

I love how simple your setup is.

--------------------
andyistic said:
Ok so let me bring you idiots up to speed.
The admins are tired of this shitfest being made the joke of the weed community on the Internet.

Invisibletsollost
Master of Mopery

Re: AK-47 x Diesel AutoFlower [Re: TomCollins]
    #328534 - 12/08/09 03:40 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

i'm interested to see what those autoflowers yield

--------------------
GUNGA GALUNGA

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

Loc: North Star Flag
Re: AK-47 x Diesel AutoFlower [Re: tsollost]
    #328549 - 12/08/09 04:21 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Spency said:
:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Quote:

tsollost said:
i'm interested to see what those autoflowers yield

I'm thinking of throwing a run of these in one of my growboxes, just to see how practical they are, as you can pack them very close together and do a SOG and maximize a small space.  I could probably fit 36 females in my 2x2 box, and would yield more than I would with regular seeds.

I also have read that they don't really pack the full punch, because of the Ruderalis lineage.  It makes sense but I truly have NO experience with them, is there any truth to this statement?  I'm sure they can get pretty damn dank, but not up to full potential of Cannabis.

--------------------
Don't criticize what you can't understand

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
Re: AK-47 x Diesel AutoFlower [Re: Inverted]
    #328573 - 12/08/09 05:53 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

I've never smoked an AF strain before so I can't honestly tell you.  I heard the same thing, but this was back when LowRyder was the only AF strain available.

KaptKid says he enjoys the buzz from them, and judging from Azyle's current AF grow you can yield some pretty nice looking buds.  I don't really see myself growing these two often.  They're fun for sure, but you have to start over from scratch every time.  Plus if you really want to grow AF strains exclusively you better have room for a breeding area.  It would be pretty expensive to order seeds every time you wanted to grow.

Needless to say they're perfect for testing out my cabinet.  It's also really cool to wake up one morning and see buds forming while the plants sit under 24/0 light.  Today was their first day with a 12 hr dark period, i run my lights from 7 Pm to 7 AM so they're about to flip on any minute now.  I have to make a run to lowes to pick up some weather stripping or something to seal up the light leak in the front of the cabinet and to seal up the sides where the doors are.

Quote:

Thanks!  I can't modify my house so all i need is an intake and exhaust with a cracked window for cool air to come in.  My low temp has been 79 and the max has been 86 and average temps at around 82.5.  I'm satisfied with that and the plants don't seem to mind it too much (although they do get a bit droopy come morning).

--------------------

InvisibleFurrowedBrowM
Free yourself from yourself
Male User Gallery

Loc: Carpal Tunnel
Trusted Cultivator
    #328589 - 12/08/09 06:53 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Yeah, pluss with the smaller size of the af's you'd get less seeds per run.  They seem like a novelty item to me.  I understand their usefulness though.  This is kind of a theoretical opinion though since i've got no practical experience with them.  looking good coda!  like inverted, i would also think that that background would lead to a lock on the potential the plant can achieve.  but again, that's just a thought.  I don't think i have even read that anywhere, but it makes sense.

--------------------

Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies - Become a member!
The Growery's Herb Museum (post #24)
I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery.
~ Thomas Jefferson ~

OfflineKaptKid
Spaced Pirate
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bright Side of the Sun
    #328624 - 12/08/09 08:54 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

I've only grown two strains of af's.Only four strains altogether to date and working on my 5th but the af's did leave an impression on me.

From what I read these af's were intended for places without a long growing season.

My interest was peeked from the 2 to 3 ft height. For out door grows. Most my out door grows got riped because of 10 to 15 ft plants. Hard to hide.

Looks like your off to a good start coda. Will be watching.

--------------------
Child of the 60's, Tripping ever sence.

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
Re: AK-47 x Diesel AutoFlower [Re: KaptKid]
    #328705 - 12/08/09 10:39 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

They seem like a novelty item to me.

Yah, I would definitely class them as a novelty strain.  However, they have great potential for micro grows.  People who only have room for something like a PC tower or something similarly small.

Quote:

Looks like your off to a good start coda. Will be watching.

Thanks man :smile:

--------------------

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #330538 - 12/12/09 10:33 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Day 30

Just thought I'd give a small update with some of my faster producers.  Bud production is going very well, these three above are definitely outpacing their sisters.  The lower leaves on most of the plants are getting a nice coating of frost.  I was having a small problem with a too alkaline solution.  I was only feeding .5 tsp per gal so I'm guessing my Ph was around 6.5 or so.  So the plants had a day or two of problems absorbing nutes, all of the plants new growth on the tips had curled under.  However, I just let them sit, and eventually it worked itself out after a night.  I just Ph tested solution containing 1 tsp per gal and it came out at around 6 or so which should be just fine.  If they still want a lower Ph I now have a bottle of Ph down.  Finally there's my new can filter which I had to buy because the gf complained about the smell.  My first time using one, I plan on buying some L brackets and mounting the fant on the wall.  I'll make a little shelf and secure the filter to the wall with a piece of chain.  Hopefully that will reduce the smell enough so she's happy. It was only fifty bucks so it wasn't too much of a hit on the wallet.

--------------------

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

Loc: North Star Flag
    #330558 - 12/12/09 11:55 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Good progress!  I too have some stinky ladies only 14 days flowering!  We should be finishing around the same time, although you look ahead of me already, but mine are going to get quite a big larger I would suppose?

I am anxious to see how potent AF's can be.  I think I might be able to produce the most with AF plants in a SOG for one of my next grows, but i'm not sure.  With 3.5 feet, do you think I can manage to veg some decent plants if I FIM and tie them down, then Scrog them a week before flowering???  I'm really trying to find the best method to get the highest yield with my current setup.  Please help a brotha out!

--------------------
Don't criticize what you can't understand

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
Re: AK-47 x Diesel AutoFlower [Re: Inverted]
    #330683 - 12/13/09 12:19 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

3.5 total feet in your cabinet?  That's pretty tiny!

--------------------

OfflineCarcass

#331441 - 12/14/09 07:35 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

those gonna be such badass weeds. looking great. gl

Offlinephantom
Heavy Hitter
Male

Re: AK-47 x Diesel AutoFlower [Re: Carcass]
    #331599 - 12/15/09 01:48 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

AK and Diesel will smoke so good.  I wish I could taste some when it's all donezo!  Really happy looking kiddos!  Props!

--------------------
"You got weed on your brain!"

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Loc: Nepal Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: AK-47 x Diesel AutoFlower [Re: phantom]
    #332453 - 12/16/09 05:38 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

lookin' real good my man. Those hempy's are rocking for ya :smile:

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   THCeeds Marijuana Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck