Home | Community | Message Board

High Mountain Gold Compost
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   THCeeds Marijuana Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineAzyle00
Captain Canada
Male

Loc: CANADA
My Grow: Flo Lights, Soil, Seed, Automatic Flowering Strains, 1000 watt HPS, All Organic
    #303076 - 10/24/09 02:14 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

This will be my attempt to keep an active log of my entire project over time.  Eventually it will include 2 operations, a Flo light open project for seedlings, automatic plants, a 1000 watt HPS 4 X 6 grow closet (flowering).  As I progress I will update all my sillyness and hopefully produce some interesting results.  I want to experiment with various things as I am a tinkerer and gardener at heart and actually enjoy the growing process more than smoking.

Began with 10 Auto AK47 X Auto Blueberry seeds.  Germinated for 24 hours.  9 sank, 1 did not.  Transfered them into a (mistake #1) 100% Sphaghum Peat Moss in 4 inch pots.

Of the 10 seeds, 8 sprouted and seemed to be doing fine initially.  They started under Flo lights, 2 X T12, 40 watt, 2350 Lumens, 6500K colour.

Every thing was fine for about 5 days, second node had just started...then the first sign of trouble was little yellow spots that later I realised was a bad combo of the 100% medium not draining at all and the fact they had no Nutes at all, so was a N Def problem as well and furthermore, likely had PH issues.

Transplanted into 3 gallon pots and after much research, used a 60% SPhaghum Peat Moss, 35% Perlite, 5% Worm Castings, Bone meal, Blood Meal, Dolomite Lime, Humus soil mix. 

Also added a 1/8th dose of Fish Emulsion 5-1-1 to the top of the soil once planted.

Plants were moved to have Flo lights, 6 X T8, 32 watt, 2900 Lumens, 6500K colour.  Entire light area = 4 foot X 1.5 Foot.  8 plants in 3 gallon pots.  Lights sit as close as possible, about 1 inch away and temperature measures constant 79-81 degreesF.  Entire setup is on gorilla rack with adjustable chains for all the lights.  I do not water unless "Dry" and I do not mist or feed right now as I believe they are happy now.

Also, you can see I measure temperature with a mounted thermometer and have a PH/Lumen/Moisture measuring device as well.  PH is not an issue, nor Lumens, but this thing is great for measuring the moisture of soil and is really helping me to resist watering them.

The N Def problems have vanished and any yellow dots in the pictures is from when they had the issue.  All the forward growth has been positive.  If you look at the Node spacing, you can see they are not stretching with the current setup.

Then I added 10 more seeds.  Early Skunk Wonder (Solar Warrior).  This is an automatic strain.  10 seeds germinated for 24 hours then planted into my custom soil medium as above. 2-3 days later, all 10 sprouted...100% success on the sprout made me happy as hell.  Kept them in the moisture chamber until the first Node leaves were out, then move them under the proper Flo lights.

The first set of plants, the AK/Blues are now two weeks old and developing the third nodes, which I can tell will be 5 fingered leaves, so as typical, they went 1 finger, 3 fingers, 5 fingers.

This week the 1000 watt HPS grow closet will be set up.  Will post pics and updates as I go along.

UPDATE OCT 25, 2009:

So on the Auto Blues I am at the two weeks since sprout popped up and they are pushing out the third set of Nodes:

Nodes are really tight too.  Like 2mm apart.  I like it.

(Ignore the N Def yellow spots, they are from before with my past issue and have not grown or gotten worse in any way since I fixed the soil.)

UPDATE OCT 30, 2009:

Auto-Blues/AK47 are 3 weeks old roughly now.
Early Wonder Skunk are 1 week old now.

There are 5 females and 3 males.  They have begun showing flowering signs and I have killed the males.  They are only growing their 4th Nodes as well.

Finished setting up the new 1000 watt HPS grow closet and moved the blues into there, leaving the Wonder Skunk Seedlings to continue under the original flo setup.

Pics of the room:

And the Auto-Blues

You can see from the picture that the flowering has started.  This one pictured is a male.  I had 3 males from the 8 plants.  All 3 males are terminated.

And pictured above is a female.  Total of 5 females.

And the progress for the Wonder Skunk Autos under the Flo grow area:

Please note another mistake being made here, using translucent cups, roots hate light...use solid dark colours that block light from roots always.

UPDATE NOV 2, 2009:

So after realising that the cold air intake I had made to bring the cold attic air into the room, was going to be too cold eventually during the winter time and WAY too cold at night, I decided to add a second fan to my setup.

So now the first fan is dedicated to the 1000 Watt HPS light and Cool Tube.  We bring in cold air from the attic and through the cool tube and eject the air back into the attic.  It will turn off/on when the light is turned off/on by the timer.

The second fan is dedicated to removing air from the grow room and expelling it into the attic.  This is removing the overly warmed air in the grow room as well as the smell and most importantly to remove the stale air and create pressure, to *draw* air through the Intake Vent I installed.  The intake vent is at floor level and runs through the wall into a closet and finally to a vent that is discretely hidden.  The room is a non-used storage room and can be kept much cooler than the house, so I have turned off the heat vents in it to make it as cool as possible, providing a good source of cold, fresh air for the grow room.

Here are the pics of my setup as I have modded it up further:

Also fed them 1/4 dosage today of Organic Fish Based Flowering Plant Food, 5-10-5 and a 1/4 dosage of Organic Bloom Boost 1-1-4.  They were showing subtle signs of desire for feeding, so figured I would give them a little bit and make sure they are cool with it all.

UPDATE NOV 6, 2009:

Auto-Blues/AK47 are 4 weeks old now and flowering.
Early Wonder Skunk are 2 weeks old now.

I am leaving tomorrow for 1 week holidays.  So in preparation I had to transplant my 10 Wonder Skunks into 3 gallon containers and move them up into the grow room.

The 4 female AutoBlue X Auto AK47 F1 are now 3.5 weeks old, 8 nodes, autoflowering and imho, doing ok.

The root maggots have been dealt with as of yesterday with Nematodes, the best solution to soil medium pests.

Also as you can see, I am dealing with the fungus gnats that are in fly mode using red wine/dish soap, sticky traps and flat white construction paper to cover the soil of the 4 AutoBlues, but at this point, due to the Nematodes, it has become uncessary as all will be dead shortly.

I have managed to cram 14 three gallon containers into a tight area that leaves all the plants canopy about 16" - 28" away from the 1000 Watt HPS.  I feel this is borderline for being "too far" but as I am leaving for a week and weed can grow very fast in 1 week, I rather be a little far than a little close at this point.

As I posted earlier, I thought I had 5 female blues, but one of them was a male, he was the last sprout to pop and lagging a little behind the others.  He had to be executed.  Cut, spray, garborate, disinfect, throw growing pot and soil outside.

I will take pics and update this again in about 9 days when I am back from my holidays.

I am fairly confident that with a proper watering the day I leave, that my grow room is stable and can run on its timers and function just fine while I am away.  We will see.  This is the first really solid test of my new grow room's stability.

UPDATE NOV 14, 2009:

Auto-Blues/AK47 are 5 weeks old now and flowering.
Early Wonder Skunk are 3 weeks old now.

Refer to my last pics to see what they were like 8 days ago before I left for a weeks holidays.  They were well watered the morning I left and I will water them again tomorrow.

Needless to say I am pleased with the progress and very very happy they did so well all by themselves for the 7 days I was gone.

The flowering plants have some general yellowing of lower leaves.  Keep in mind I had fungus gnats on these plants, so it could be leftover root damage or simply the plant draining the life out of them as it creates buds.  They will get watered and fed tomorrow.

The 10 babies are a lot bigger now, one is a monster.  I should be able to see/tell the sex 100% in another 4 days or so.

UPDATE NOV 15, 2009:

LST to one of the Early Wonder Skunks and some pics of my cool tube setup.

Picture of the maiden wolf spider that I released with the sole task of guarding the bud from anything else that she comes across. 

UPDATE NOV 18, 2009:

9 out of 10 of the EWS are now LST and looking awesome.  Last one is a slow grower and too short still to LST, considering letting it grow natural so I can compare a bit to the others, but it is the runt...hardly fair to judge it against the monsters.  2 confirmed females so far.  Bro claims they will all be female because the girl at the VSB was super hot who sold them to him...lol.

Modded my grow room a bit more, now the current surface area for the actual grow is 3' X 3' with the light 24" from the soil and 12" to 16" from the canopies.  Put up black/white "curtains" to contain the light within the grow room as tight as possible from all sides, feel this will also make a huge difference.

The Auto Blue/AK47s are flowering like mad women and the best one is now bud from head to toe, quite delicious.

At this point, watering every 3-4 days, 1/2 Litre water for each 3 gallon container.  Feeding every second watering. 

Feeding the Auto Blue/AK47 a half dose (1/2 teaspoon per Litre of water) of each: Fish Emulsion 5-1-1, Fish Base 10-15-10 and Organic Bloom Boost 1-4-4.  So far, all good, all organic.

Feeding the veging Early Wonder Skunk a half dose (1/2 teaspoon per Litre of water) of Fish Emulsion 5-1-1.

UPDATE NOV 29, 2009:

Auto-Blues/AK47 are 7 weeks old now and flowering.
Early Wonder Skunk are 5 weeks old now and flowering.

Plants are coming along nicely.  The Blues are flowering and looking like they are getting close to harvest and I am debating about flushing them ahead of schedule (I had planned another weeks from now to flush them)

The Early Wonder Skunk are amazing.  6 females, 4 males.  The two best males are moved to another locale to utilize later for pollen breeding.  The other two were killed.  Females are flowering now and LST on them worked out well and I am expecting super results from these plants, they look healthy and are growing fast.

UPDATE DEC 7, 2009:

Auto-Blues/AK47 are 8 weeks old now and flowering.
Early Wonder Skunk are 6 weeks old now and flowering.

First, the 4 rocket ships aka Auto Blues, 8 weeks old and measure 8.5" to 9.5" high with a 4" to 5" top bud waist measurement:

And the Early Wonder Skunk, 6 females, LST is going quite well with them and flowering is in the early stages.  I am doing very little LST now and just adjusting here and there for spacing and to keep the canopy as even as possible as we make the turn into full flowering:

One of the Early Wonder Skunks bud tops:

Comments and input always welcome.

Edited by Azyle00 (12/07/09 03:18 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleTcrib
Stranger

Re: My Grow: Flo Lights, Soil, Seedling, Automatic Flowering Strains [Re: Azyle00]
    #303089 - 10/24/09 02:47 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Word I look forward to seeing this one cuz I've wanted to see this auto ak in action...So keep us up to date I was thinking about trying it just for fun next time.

OfflineAzyle00
Captain Canada
Male

Re: My Grow: Flo Lights, Soil, Seedling, Automatic Flowering Strains [Re: Tcrib]
    #303662 - 10/25/09 04:52 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

UPDATED

Edited by Azyle00 (11/15/09 10:16 PM)

OfflineAzyle00
Captain Canada
Male

Re: My Grow: Flo Lights, Soil, Seedling, Automatic Flowering Strains [Re: Azyle00]
    #303952 - 10/26/09 08:45 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

UPDATED

Edited by Azyle00 (11/15/09 10:16 PM)

OfflineAzyle00
Captain Canada
Male

Re: My Grow: Flo Lights, Soil, Seedling, Automatic Flowering Strains *DELETED* [Re: Azyle00]
    #304761 - 10/27/09 03:31 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

UPDATED

Edited by Azyle00 (11/15/09 10:17 PM)

InvisibleDr. Penguin
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #304802 - 10/27/09 05:31 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Looking good. :thumbup:

--------------------
* My Cab
* How to Build a Grow Tent
* Fan Speed Control 101
* Easy Butane Extraction

Not responsible for advice not taken.

OfflineAzyle00
Captain Canada
Male

Re: My Grow: Flo Lights, Soil, Seedling, Automatic Flowering Strains [Re: Dr. Penguin]
    #306539 - 10/29/09 10:56 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Updated

--------------------
"I never post unless high.  Well that does explain a lot then."

"The best part about going to sleep each night is knowing that my plants will have grown more when I wake up in the morning."

"I smoked it then I became so tired that my eyes shut down automatically without my consent" - My Chinese GF, Oct 23, 2009 :smile:

Starting your first GROW, things you should ask/answer before you do

Current Grow Journal

Edited by Azyle00 (11/15/09 09:56 PM)

OfflineTomCollins

#307761 - 11/01/09 01:01 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Dude! Nice setup! I'm digging your vent system. What's that grey box with the digital screen? Timer?

--------------------
andyistic said:
Ok so let me bring you idiots up to speed.
The admins are tired of this shitfest being made the joke of the weed community on the Internet.

OfflineAzyle00
Captain Canada
Male

Re: My Grow: Flo Lights, Soil, Seedling, Automatic Flowering Strains [Re: TomCollins]
    #308022 - 11/01/09 09:57 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

That is an awesome indoor/outdoor timer with two outlets, all grounded and rated for 1800 watt load max or something like that.

Venting out into the attic and have a intake hole with screen filters pulling cool fresh air in.  Managing a 60-75 at night and 75-82 during the day, running light 18/6 and inline fan 24/7.  Room is extremely air tight to maxamize pressure and air exchange.  Tuck Tape is godlike. I will snap some more pics tomorrow of the vent system.

It is an actual 4X6X8 closet with an airtight (my mod) door.  When closed, it is total stealth and located in a part of my house no one will ever need to go into who is not aware of it.

Pretty happy with it overall.

--------------------

"The best part about going to sleep each night is knowing that my plants will have grown more when I wake up in the morning."

"I smoked it then I became so tired that my eyes shut down automatically without my consent" - My Chinese GF, Oct 23, 2009 :smile:

Current Grow Journal

OfflineAzyle00
Captain Canada
Male

#308447 - 11/02/09 07:01 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

UPDATED

Edited by Azyle00 (11/15/09 10:17 PM)

OfflineAzyle00
Captain Canada
Male

#308459 - 11/02/09 07:24 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

UPDATED

Edited by Azyle00 (11/15/09 10:01 PM)

OfflineAzyle00
Captain Canada
Male

#309987 - 11/04/09 08:43 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

They are starting 7th, 8th nodes now.

Today I bought flat white construction paper, Sticky Stiks and placed a glass with red wine and a drop of liquid soup in my grow room.

Guess what I am fighting?

--------------------

Current Grow Journal

OfflineOjom
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #310002 - 11/04/09 08:55 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Fruit flies? where do you get all these pests from?

OfflineAzyle00
Captain Canada
Male

Re: My Grow: Flo Lights, Soil, Seedling, Automatic Flowering Strains [Re: Ojom]
    #310064 - 11/04/09 10:28 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Not fruit flies, Fungus Gnats.

These are the first pests I have had and they are controllable.

--------------------

Current Grow Journal

OfflineAKSE

#310348 - 11/05/09 02:39 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Maybe you already know, but a good way to help destroy Fungus Gnat populations is to put a 1-2" layer of sand over the top of your soil in your pots.  It keeps the flying gnats from being able to land into the soil to lay eggs, and it starves the larvae of oxygen or being able to fly away from the soil when they mature; eventually killing them.  It's definitly worth doing if you haven't already.:thumbup:

OfflineTomCollins

Re: My Grow: Flo Lights, Soil, Seedling, Automatic Flowering Strains [Re: AKSE]
    #310480 - 11/05/09 06:19 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Don't the roots need oxygen?

--------------------
andyistic said:
Ok so let me bring you idiots up to speed.
The admins are tired of this shitfest being made the joke of the weed community on the Internet.

Offline81renaissance
Coachella '13 KKOTY
Male

Loc: State of Mind Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: My Grow: Flo Lights, Soil, Seedling, Automatic Flowering Strains [Re: TomCollins]
    #310678 - 11/05/09 08:40 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Yes, but it travels through the sand just like it does the soil (actually better because sand can't be compacted as well.

Sand is pretty common in soil grows.

I also will recommend (as I always do) a neem oil mixture BEFORE you have a pest problem...it keeps so many of them at bay!

--------------------
"So it goes."
-Kurt Vonnegut

BlueBerry_Swisher said:I want French fries. No, I want a penis French. Thank you. I'm so excited. I can not contain myself. Now I eat chocolate. It is so good. I'm trying to rub it all over myself. And then lick. Now I need a hot shower. The end.

OfflineAzyle00
Captain Canada
Male

Re: My Grow: Flo Lights, Soil, Seedling, Automatic Flowering Strains [Re: 81renaissance]
    #311098 - 11/06/09 12:31 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

UPDATE

Edited by Azyle00 (11/15/09 10:02 PM)

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

Loc: North Star Flag
    #311222 - 11/06/09 02:16 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Why take such drastic measures just to get rid of a male that hasn't even released pollen yet?

Don't get too paranoid bro.

--------------------
Don't criticize what you can't understand

OfflineAzyle00
Captain Canada
Male

Re: My Grow: Flo Lights, Soil, Seedling, Automatic Flowering Strains [Re: Inverted]
    #311231 - 11/06/09 02:26 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Inverted said:
Why take such drastic measures just to get rid of a male that hasn't even released pollen yet?

Don't get too paranoid bro.

Because it is how I do it and I find it amusing to execute them in such a vigorous manner.  Am not paranoid at all.  I just leave nothing to chance by always following set routines.

Garborating a plant is not drastic measures either.  Taking pictures of it might be a tad perverse however but I wanted to post them in case anyone other than I gets pleasure at seeing the fuckers die.

:smile:

--------------------

Current Grow Journal

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   THCeeds Marijuana Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom