Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
Re: AK-47 x Diesel AutoFlower [Re: Harry_Ba11sach]
    #345779 - 01/11/10 04:36 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Really?  I figured the two weeks without food would let them use up all the residual nutes in the plant allowing for a smoother smoke.  Guess I'm just used to soil time lines. 

So, with that, I'll give them one more dose of nutes then switch to the sugar water only.  I'm planning on chopping next week anyways so that should fit within the time line you mentioned.

I'm having doubts about the final weight of these buds.  Gave a couple of the main colas a squeeze and they felt a little spongy.  Hopefully they don't dry up to nothing on me.  One of my main problems in growing has been yield.  A lot of my soil grows ended up with tiny, wispy, airy buds that dried to nothing and would crumble when squeezed.  I am noticing a lot of calyx swelling, but still, I guess the doubting thomas in me is saying they're gonna end up the same way.

We'll know for sure in three weeks though :wink:

--------------------

MFDoom666: sobriety kills my buzz every time.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
Re: AK-47 x Diesel AutoFlower [Re: coda]
    #345862 - 01/11/10 06:57 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Just fed them 3 tsp/gal with 1 tbsp of black molasses added in.  That molasses is some thick stuff lol.  Took a lot of shaking to get it to dissolved.  2 or three plants look ready for the chop honestly, majority of stigmas are red/orange and almost all the trich's are cloudy.  Didn't see any amber in there (although I can't look long because my scope sucks and my eyes are terrible).  I'm gonna give those plants til Saturday before I make the decision if I'll chop or not.  I may just chop the smallest of the three and let the others sit.  Then I'll compare to see if the wait was worth it or not.

Either way every time I open my cab I drool like crazy, sucks being out of weed with buds on the vine lol.

--------------------

OfflineKaptKid
Spaced Pirate
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bright Side of the Sun
    #346254 - 01/12/10 10:41 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

coda said: sucks being out of weed with buds on the vine lol.

Yes, it does.

:ganja:
            That bud monster keeps attcking my lower buds.:laugh:

--------------------
Child of the 60's, Tripping ever sence.

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
Re: AK-47 x Diesel AutoFlower [Re: KaptKid]
    #346470 - 01/12/10 04:48 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

gotta watch that otherwise you end up with shit heheh.  It is hard keeping your hands off of them, I'm really trying to practice a bunch of patience with this grow but it's wearing thin.  I've pretty much convinced myself to chop that one plant anyways, don't think an added 4 days is going to do much for it.

--------------------

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

Loc: North Star Flag
    #346489 - 01/12/10 05:22 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

I'm the same as you Coda...

I'd probably cut it if you already have the mindset to do so.  That way you can have something to smoke during the week that your main crop is drying, thus helping those itchy scissor fingers... :grin:

I didn't even look in my cab today because I didn't want to be tempted to clip a nug.

It's really really weird that the most sativa looking plant I have seems to be the most mature???  It's spongy as you say, while others are fat and solid, but from the looks of things she is almost ready, just gonna be airy...

At least 2 of the 4 will have nice dense buds.  Patience is a virtue

--------------------
Don't criticize what you can't understand

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
Re: AK-47 x Diesel AutoFlower [Re: Inverted]
    #346494 - 01/12/10 05:26 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

The earliest I'd be able to chop would be tomorrow.  Stuck in class til 9 tonight and by the time I get home I'd have worked a 10 hour shift with 3 hours of class.  In short, I'll be fucking exhausted and in no mood to trim :wink:

But I still think I should wait until Sat.  We'll see how patient I am though :wink:

--------------------

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

#346504 - 01/12/10 05:32 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

:thumbup:

ah well, in no time you will :feelsgoodman:

We both will actually, since we are basically harvesting on the same day.

We will see though, my plants had a rocky start to flowering, so they may end up needing an extra week, it's just hard to visualize where they will actually be in 16 days...  It's always a roll of the dice with me.  Some plants  end up packing in some serious weight in the last couple weeks, while others I've had show almost no visual improvement.  All in all it's going to be good.  As I said before this is my first indoor "harvest" and am just now getting dialed in.  Next run will have NO MAJOR issues.  Hold me to it!

--------------------

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #346513 - 01/12/10 05:37 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

will do.  I'd be surprised if the plants put on more weight in the next week.  The two plants which are more sativa looking might get an additional week just to be sure.  Plus i've never done a staggered harvest before. It'll be interesting to see how much a weeks difference will make between plants.

--------------------

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Loc: Nepal Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #346525 - 01/12/10 05:48 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

you should try to find a nug on each plant that looks roughly the same size/weight right now, and compare them once dried. they might not swell, but I'm curious if the density increases at all...

--------------------

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #346528 - 01/12/10 05:55 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

That would actually be kind of difficult to do.  Only two plants with good enough branching.  The rest of the plants look like small spears.

--------------------

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #346531 - 01/12/10 05:57 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

ahh fair enough. I'm sure you'll get a good enough feel for it just by breaking up bowls that you can report back anyway

--------------------

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

#346551 - 01/12/10 06:26 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

That's usually the time where I make my final judgment on a strain I have grown.

I really cannot give it a :thumbup: or :thumbdown: until I'm breaking up a nug from a cured cola.  That's when I make my decision on whether or not this strain is worth keeping for future grows/breeding.

I'm really into quality, so even though my Haze plant was a huge waste of space, I actually do not mind losing the potential yield because the taste and high of a Haze is so unique that it's a fair trade in my opinion.

That's why I'm so excited to see how these Bubba Kush x Super Skunk turn out.  Bubba is generally a lower yielder, but extremely potent, so it fits in my book perfect, but throw in the SS and I believe the yield will be bumped up a bit.

--------------------

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #346569 - 01/12/10 06:49 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

yah, I'm psyched about the La Conf. x Skunk I have vegging.  Always wanted to try a skunk strain out, and la conf. was on my list too.  Two birds with one stone :wink:

--------------------

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

#346698 - 01/12/10 08:49 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

The other bonus is the longer these take to finish, the longer I get to train and veg the Skunk/Kush.  I really believe after watching my grow that you just can't really get large buds from small plants.  That being said I'm going to make sure the next run is sexually mature when I flip, so that they can really live up to their potential.

--------------------

Offlinechucklehead
Super Villian
Male

Loc: The Hall of Doom
Haze and Skunk! [Re: coda]
    #346704 - 01/12/10 09:05 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Two strains very dear to my heart.  I had Silver Haze in Amsterdam a few years back.  It was totally amazing.  It was powerful and deliceous.  I daydream about that joint all the time.  It makes me long to go back to Amsterdam. 

As for Skunk, I grew up on it.  They literaly grow it by the ton where I'm from.  It was also the cheepest weed I could buy back in college but I always liked it the best anyway.  What they called skunk bud back home was extemely heavy on body buzz, red eyes, couch lock, and the best sleep you ever got.  Good times good times.

Coda are you going to snap us picks of those sexy ladies before you give them the chop?

--------------------

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

Re: Haze and Skunk! [Re: chucklehead]
    #346718 - 01/12/10 09:29 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

chucklehead said:
Two strains very dear to my heart.  I had Silver Haze in Amsterdam a few years back.  It was totally amazing.  It was powerful and deliceous.  I daydream about that joint all the time.  It makes me long to go back to Amsterdam. 

As for Skunk, I grew up on it.  They literaly grow it by the ton where I'm from.  It was also the cheepest weed I could buy back in college but I always liked it the best anyway.  What they called skunk bud back home was extemely heavy on body buzz, red eyes, couch lock, and the best sleep you ever got.  Good times good times.

Coda are you going to snap us picks of those sexy ladies before you give them the chop?

SSH was also one of my favorite strains to smoke.  It was slightly wispy but still some of the best I have had the honor to smoke.  I can remember it as if it were yesterday, although it was probably 6+ years ago :grin:  It MUST have been good.

I would like to see some closer shots, as most of your pictures are fairly dark and I can't really see the bud formation.  I'm sure they are completely different to look at in person and in bright light.

--------------------

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Haze and Skunk! [Re: Inverted]
    #347125 - 01/13/10 04:37 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Yah, I'm taking one of them down tonight.  Was planning on doing a mini pictorial on how I harvest and trim.  So you'll get a before and after shot of one plant tonight.  When I harvest the rest I'll do the same.  I'll be labeling the plants too so when I do my smoke tests I can compare them.

Quote:

I really believe after watching my grow that you just can't really get large buds from small plants.

:whistles: :wink:

--------------------

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

Re: Haze and Skunk! [Re: coda]
    #347136 - 01/13/10 05:01 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Well I kinda retract that statement, I don't mean large just in size.  I can see that bud is pretty big.  I have one that size too, but I seem to notice when you get fairly large buds, they aren't that dense.  Outdoors on big plants I've gotten some BIG DENSE buds before but Indoors I don't think you can mirror those results on little plants... Maybe but I think you would have to find the perfect strain.

How does that one feel when you give it the squeeze test?  Some of mine are rock hard, but they seem like they still have a few weeks...?  How do your hairs look, because only one of my plant has hairs that have started to turn and i'm on day 47 of 12/12, do you think some stunting at the flip caused me to be a week behind?

--------------------

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #347144 - 01/13/10 05:46 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

that particular plant is a little spongy, not very many hairs red or orange on it.  It's one of the few I will be letting sit for an extra week.

--------------------

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #347145 - 01/13/10 05:49 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

ehh, I still kinda disagree. this plant was only about a foot tall but that center nug weighed 33 grams...

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder