Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineFrozenReality
 User Gallery

Re: New Grow From triptonic!!! [Re: Inverted]
    #243905 - 06/28/09 09:11 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Hey good job so far triptonic! Its really looking good. Good luck with outdoors, nature hasnt been very nice lately lol.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleDr. SiekadellykM
Question Everything!
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Ketamine Flag
Re: New Grow From triptonic!!! [Re: FrozenReality]
    #243914 - 06/28/09 09:20 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

FrozenReality said:
Hey good job so far triptonic! Its really looking good. Good luck with outdoors, nature hasnt been very nice lately lol.

yeah around here its supposed to rain every single day this week (sat-sun.):sad:......i hope their wrong......

--------------------
The Kratom Report...

Edited by Dr. Siekadellyk (06/28/09 09:20 PM)

InvisibleTriptonic
Male

Loc: Flag
Re: New Grow From triptonic!!! [Re: Dr. Siekadellyk]
    #243954 - 06/28/09 11:18 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

lol its supposed to be nice this week for me :sun: but ya I figure that I will do better outside where the biggest lightbulb in the solar system is. My buddy is going to help me, he already found a good spot. But we found some deer as we were walking in so gotta plan for that. He's thinking just getting some chicken wire and spray painting it green. And then getting some fox urine and making a circle around the plants. And ya about the whole money situation I cant afford shit I mean literally I have been living off of noodles and rice and boiled eggs for a while now. Luckily I am supposed to be getting my security deposit back from my old landlords before wed. They were supposed to get it to me a while ago but they are assholes and charged me 150 bucks to clean the place even though I cleaned it before we moved out. So now I asked them to send me an itemized sheet of what exactly costed them 150 bucks to clean in the apartment. But back to the growing. I'm thinking its going to get cold here where i live in late september/early october. I have done some reading and I guess I will just have to move the plants to the treeline if it starts getting colder outside to make them get 12/12 or less of sun everyday so that they will finish up sooner. How does that sound?

Question Everything!
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: New Grow From triptonic!!! [Re: Triptonic]
    #244027 - 06/29/09 09:35 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

:thumbup:

--------------------
The Kratom Report...

InvisibleTriptonic
Male

Re: New Grow From triptonic!!! [Re: Dr. Siekadellyk]
    #244322 - 06/29/09 07:41 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Here is the spot down by the trees.

I hope it wasnt to early to get these babies outside.

Another pic of them

log by them

Kind of a cool sun pic, yes I know there are power lines but no one I have ever seen goes down here.

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

Loc: North Star Flag
    #244333 - 06/29/09 07:57 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Looks like a perfect spot!!!  I wish I had a spot like that around here... I know there is I'm just too lazy to travel from my house... lol

I think it was a bit early because you are going to notice them stretch much more than if they were started for a week or two inside but they will grow... Just gonna be stretched which could cause the stems to snap if they aren't properly supported.

Nice job with the protection by the way!  :thumbup:

--------------------
Don't criticize what you can't understand

InvisibleTriptonic
Male

#244336 - 06/29/09 07:59 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

you dont think they are going to get burned from the sun though right?

OfflineFrozenReality
 User Gallery

#244355 - 06/29/09 08:16 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

I just barely moved mine outside, had no choice but to do it right away without giving them a few hours a day to adjust. So I guess we are in the same boat on if its going to fuck them up or not. You might want to get them actually into the ground asap. The sun will completely dry those cups out in like an hour or two and that could cause a lot of damage to the plants and even kill them a few hours later. Just speaking from my own experience though so others may say differently.

InvisibleTriptonic
Male

#244360 - 06/29/09 08:20 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

alright I might go back tomorrow and put them in the ground, but what I'm most worried about is the sun burning the leaves.

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

#244365 - 06/29/09 08:32 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

If they get full sun all day then yes they will burn.  If they receive shade periodically they will be alright.  FR is right though about them drying out that fast, I lost a ton of yield last year because they weren't in the ground.  Just dig up a nice big area, like 4 or 5 feet squared.  Dig it up about 1.5 feet down and if you have any potting soil, mix 1/2 existing soil to new soil and space out those babies at least 1.5 feet apart in the little garden bed you just created.  They might be a little crowded but they are only going to get to 2 or 3 ft tall by years end.  That's just what I would do, otherwise you can make separate holes for each plant but that takes more time and effort.  If you have any more Q's let me know, I'm just rambling the first things to come to mind...

--------------------

OfflineFrozenReality
 User Gallery

#244367 - 06/29/09 08:32 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Yeah thats what I'm worried about also but If it happens then there is always next year. too much is going on right now in my life that they would surely die indoors after a few more days of what was happening with them. and to top it all off my grow spot that is like 20 miles deep deep in the mountains where there is no trails or roads of any kind, when I went there a few days ago there was two people riding horses around the area. basically its desert and sage brush and then a small little crevice in the land has lush green life and in the very center is an empty area that my plants are in and when I went there as I walked out I saw 2 people riding horses and they saw me but I had a hiking hat and clothes on and a plant identification book in my hand so I hope they dont think anything of it and investigate. But either way I'm not going back for a month or two now. My freedom is more important than some really dank smoke.

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

#244369 - 06/29/09 08:35 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Be safe man, sounds like you did everything right, I bet they thought nothing of it!  You should be safe to go check on em' at night or whatever in a week if you need to... You'd be suprised how many people overlook things we pay attention to...

--------------------

InvisibleTriptonic
Male

#244370 - 06/29/09 08:36 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Ya I will get my buddy to help me dig some holes tomorrow morning and we will get that shit planted....should I just move them to the shade? I mean we planted them north to south along that tree line so they wont be getting more than 9 or 10 hours of sunlight in the day. But I want to keep these guys alive. So I will try just about anything.

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

#244375 - 06/29/09 08:39 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

You might wanna try putting them low in the bushes so they get shade for some of they day and when they grow up taller and stronger they will get more light as they have grown taller and you can also knock down the surrounding vegetation to get more light in after a few days of "hardening off"

--------------------

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

#244377 - 06/29/09 08:41 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

It's always better to get the morning sun w/ out the heat than to get the hot afternoon sun that dries everything out and causes stress. The morning sun is also more intense.

--------------------

InvisibleTriptonic
Male

#244379 - 06/29/09 08:43 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

You think they will get burned though I mean they will definatly get some sun but it will probably shade for them by 8 or so....

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

#244380 - 06/29/09 08:45 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

There is no way for me to tell unless I could spend a whole day at your spot tracking the sun/shade throughout the day.  It looks like there is plenty of brush and if you plant them around brush they will block some of the direct sun for parts of the day.  If they are going to receive more than 5-6 hours a day than they are likely to take some damage... But after the first few days you are going to want 8+ hours... I wouldn't put ANYTHING in the ground until they are hardened off, then you can worry about putting them in the sunniest spot possible.

--------------------

OfflineSeniorCoolo
Stranger
    #244411 - 06/29/09 09:26 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Hey hey growery community. This is triptonic's partner in crime on this particular grow. I've done a little growing before, but only to the early vegetative stages, so I'm pretty green (haha) to growing. But yeah, I soaked the cups before we left them but we are going down tomorrow to plant them. The site is close to a stream and has good drainage, and the dirt is silt-loam with a lot of organic matter so it should be pretty good.

InvisibleTriptonic
Male

Re: New Grow From triptonic!!! [Re: SeniorCoolo]
    #244414 - 06/29/09 09:29 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

:thumbup::bigblunt:

Question Everything!
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: New Grow From triptonic!!! [Re: SeniorCoolo]
    #244425 - 06/29/09 09:51 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

hey man...welcome! +5:hippie:

--------------------
The Kratom Report...

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck