Home | Community | Message Board

High Mountain Gold Compost
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinezzzzzz
Stranger

Re: Second Grow/Indoor/22x32W Long T8 Fluorescents/Soil/Bagseed [Re: zzzzzz]
    #662020 - 03/12/13 05:14 PM (11 years, 18 days ago)

Shit shit shit shit shit.

I planned on a photo update butbutbut wait!  Two days ago I was looking the girls over and noticed a few seeds here and there.  I looked everybody over but couldn't find ballsacks.  Today I'm looking more closely since there are more seeds and, while pinch a lower bud point from a stem of the BEST PLANT OF THEM ALL, I see a wisp of dust and a little spent ballsack stuck to my finger. 

Yep, the juiciest, best-smelling, densest nug plant of the whole shebang is a hermi!  Fuck!

Pictures show whole plant minus most of the fan leaves, and the two nugs are from the ends of the lowest branches.  They weigh 7g fresh.  Very DENSE.  I'm probably gonna quick dry this for smoking.  The rest of it is drying properly.

Strangely, I was lamenting not having a clone of this plant because it is so nice, right before I find the ballsacks.  Nice how they were hiding under the very bottom of the buds.  And I had been watching for hermi traits all along too!

Now all my weed's gonna have seeds.  Shite!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMaestro
Strange
Loc: Kiev, Ukraine
    #662022 - 03/12/13 05:24 PM (11 years, 18 days ago)

Aw that sucks man. Still looks like good smoke tho

Offlinezzzzzz
Stranger

Re: Second Grow/Indoor/22x32W Long T8 Fluorescents/Soil/Bagseed [Re: Maestro]
    #662023 - 03/12/13 05:26 PM (11 years, 18 days ago)

Yeah, just too early ... about 3 weeks or so premature ....

This experience is causing me to heavily rethink the whole bagseed circus.  What a ragged lot!  I never thought (but should have known) what a rag-tag bunch of semi-related offspring I might get from a certain commercial batch of seed-weed!

I suppose I need to look into seed suppliers because this blows.

Edited by zzzzzz (03/12/13 05:32 PM)

OfflineMaestro
Strange
    #662025 - 03/12/13 05:31 PM (11 years, 18 days ago)

Morning pot :bigjoint:

Either way, yourown homegrown is always the shit lol. Just the fact that you grew it kinda blows your mind...or it's just me?

--------------------
I am Thread Killer.

Offlinezzzzzz
Stranger

#662028 - 03/12/13 05:39 PM (11 years, 18 days ago)

Morning pot?

Yeah, on the plus side now I have some weed to smoke.  :tongue:  On the negative side of the plus side :wink: I don't know if I will have the patience to wait for it to dry properly so I know how it tastes.

Big old chlorophyll hits for now ....

OfflineMaestro
Strange
    #662046 - 03/12/13 06:51 PM (11 years, 18 days ago)

Even when you cure it it'll have that grassy smell and almost no flavor. Sorry, been there.

And I meant it'll be more of a clear headed, energetic high then a stone. The trichs are mostly clear.

--------------------
I am Thread Killer.

Offlinezzzzzz
Stranger

#662207 - 03/13/13 03:25 PM (11 years, 17 days ago)

I see.  I'm feeling a little better about it. 

Here's a day's drying at 68 degrees and 40-45% humidity.:

I did some quick dry just to check it out.  I think waiting is better (but being not being able to get high is a drag).

Rest of the plant is drying in toto elsewhere.

Li'l nuggies look good though, no?

Edited by zzzzzz (03/14/13 04:59 AM)

Offlinebudgrowerwannabe
Bum fighter
Male User Gallery

#662300 - 03/14/13 07:19 AM (11 years, 17 days ago)

I been here bud just been sitting back watching the grow mann!!:jah:

Offlinezzzzzz
Stranger

Re: Second Grow/Indoor/22x32W Long T8 Fluorescents/Soil/Bagseed [Re: budgrowerwannabe]
    #662332 - 03/14/13 11:27 AM (11 years, 17 days ago)

Oy!  Looks can be deceiving.  Those tasty looking nugs taste awful and little to no buzz.  I wonder if 4 more weeks of maturity would have solved that ....

Offlinebudgrowerwannabe
Bum fighter
Male User Gallery

#662334 - 03/14/13 11:33 AM (11 years, 17 days ago)

I do have something to share with you

First clones EVER!!!!!!!!! Now I can keep cloning all  female just saw roots coming out the bottom!Im so excited

Offlinezzzzzz
Stranger

Re: Second Grow/Indoor/22x32W Long T8 Fluorescents/Soil/Bagseed [Re: budgrowerwannabe]
    #662339 - 03/14/13 12:26 PM (11 years, 17 days ago)

Grand!  But why have you haircut the leaves?

I'd love to clone but that would entail negotiating with my partner, who has a special gift for being difficult.  To give you an idea, we've been doing this since June and he STILL doesn't get the concept of pollen/sperm and egg regarding plant reproduction, or why you DON'T want female plants pollinated.  I've explained this shit to him ad nauseum.  So, you see, the concept of "cloning" and having two separate grow areas is probably terrifyingly difficult for him to comprehend.

Keeping in mind when I met him he was attempting to grow seedlings in a North window with no accessory lighting ....

Edited by zzzzzz (03/14/13 12:28 PM)

Offlinebudgrowerwannabe
Bum fighter
Male User Gallery

#662341 - 03/14/13 12:36 PM (11 years, 17 days ago)

Well I cut the leaves because I think its called aspiration? Lose of water I think.But for real the reason was just because I have seen it done in almost ever clone thread and you tube shit! I just been coping what other people are doing and have done !:rockon:

Offlinezzzzzz
Stranger

#662365 - 03/14/13 06:17 PM (11 years, 16 days ago)

Ah, now that you mention it ... I'm sure I've read that as well.  It's supposed to minimize water loss through transpiration so the new cuttings don't wilt so badly while trying to set out new roots.  I'm not sure I understand how that might work but I suppose it's something you gotta consider.

Rooting hormone?

Gaaaack!  I'm hijacking my own thread!  :happyhitler:

Edited by zzzzzz (03/14/13 06:18 PM)

Offlinebudgrowerwannabe
Bum fighter
Male User Gallery

#662370 - 03/14/13 06:36 PM (11 years, 16 days ago)

Got it at walmart got to love that place!

Offlinezzzzzz
Stranger

#662772 - 03/18/13 04:25 PM (11 years, 12 days ago)

Starting week 7 of flower?  Somewhere around there. 

Smoking some "Willie Nelson" right now.  Why do I not see any of that in the seedbanks?

Anyway, stretch is winding down and now waiting for the remaining 7 plants to fill out.  Widely varying genetics at play here. 

What do you guys think?  The big girls look sativa to me now and the shorties ...?  Well, I don't know.  The two plants in the blue bucket are from an entirely different class of weed, but of still unknown genetics. 

Anybody got a good eye here?

The big sativa looking plant in the MG bucket has a nutrient issue.  The other big girl in the semi-organic bucket is just now starting to show a little of the same.  All others appear to be showing no signs of deficiency or excess starting week 7 (I think) of flower. 

They all have been getting the same treatment except for the most recent watering in which I held back on nutes for the MG girls, thinking perhaps since they were the odd-girls out (everyone else looking healthy) that MG was the cause, principally being over-fert.  I have been giving everyone MG Bloom Booster every other watering (which amounts to every three days or so). 

I'm seriously starting to think none of these plants are going to finish at the same time.

Pictures (all as of yesterday):

First, the nutrient issue.  this is occuring on the upper half of the plant. 

Bucket number one for your viewing pleasure.  This bucket contains the monster which I think might be a whole lot of sativa.  It is also the MG bucket with nute issues: 

Close-up shot of flowers: 

Bucket number two.  This contains the other large girl.  Notice the HST treatment of the flower stalks for convenience: 

Lime green pistils!  Sativa?  Mut?

Bucket number three.  This lonely gurl used to be roommates with the hermi. 

Notice it seems to have more pregos since it so intimate with hermi. 

Up towards the top. 

Bucket number 4.  This one has the totally different genetics (I think, based on the source). 

A couple shots of the tops of these.  They are shorties, about half the height as the big sativa looking plants. 

How we doin'?

Edited by zzzzzz (03/18/13 04:29 PM)

OfflineMaestro
Strange
    #662774 - 03/18/13 04:28 PM (11 years, 12 days ago)

Nice! I had no idea Floros could do that :takingnotes:

--------------------
I am Thread Killer.

Offlinezzzzzz
Stranger

#662775 - 03/18/13 04:32 PM (11 years, 12 days ago)

Ha!  704 Watts of them!  :whoah:

Offlinedmtcorey
~The time police~
 User Gallery

#663111 - 03/21/13 03:52 PM (11 years, 9 days ago)

good stuff man ..

--------------------
:whereismiddleman:

Offlinebudgrowerwannabe
Bum fighter
Male User Gallery

Re: Second Grow/Indoor/22x32W Long T8 Fluorescents/Soil/Bagseed [Re: dmtcorey]
    #663113 - 03/21/13 05:01 PM (11 years, 9 days ago)

:daaamn:  I haven't looked at your log in a min. those bitches are bad ass !

Offlinezzzzzz
Stranger

#663144 - 03/21/13 09:18 PM (11 years, 9 days ago)

Thanks, fellas.  Update coming soon with more pictures.

Here's 5g from the hermie I harvested.  It's sitting at 58% humidity in the jar curing, nice, not brittle or crumbly.  Not bad for 5 weeks of flower.  Got a little over half an ounce dried.  I can only imagine how nice it would be had it made it to maturity ....

A few pictures taken today:

Sick sativa:

Hermie's old roomate:

My special girls:

The one I was going for is out of focus.

First things first:  I checked all the pHs with my cheap-assed pH paper.  I'll post pics here:  http://www.growery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/662811

There's the issue of my pH paper disagreeing with lab results from another local person, so some adjustment/extrapolation might be useful. 

I left my notes in the grow room!  Winging it!!!

The Miracle Grow Sativa (?) giant is still suffering.  I'd say the condition is not getting better ... probably worse.  To reiterate, the middle to upper leaves are yellow/brown spotted and these spots progress.  There is also crumbly tips on the end of claw-ed leaves.  New leaf production looks healthy but soon changes to spots. 

Lower 1/3 leaves are unaffected and generally healthy looking.

I should do something because this plant has 12-13 LONG flower spikes that I would hope to fill in, and, if it's strongly sativa and long-flowering like I think it might be (see flower pics), I'll need to improve it's health so as to not jeopardize a good harvest. 

A bit of information in that regard is that, if I recall, the last grow had these problems too.  All pots then were MG.  But it was complicated by a) red spider mites, b) no additional fertilizers to speak of (as opposed to this grow), and c) some neglect, so I'm not sure a direct comparison is possible, though it does seem like it's related based on symptoms and that both were MG.

The MG bucket, this time, also got dolomite but nothing else until I started giving MG Bloom Booster at flowering, every other watering along with all the rest of the buckets.

The other plant in that MG pot is STARTING to show similar signs.

All three other buckets are filled with SPENT MG from the last (4 month)grow, plus 25% worm castings and dolomite.  None of them are showing any signs of nutrient/health issues EXCEPT for the other big sativa-looking girl, who is showing a LITTLE bit of the same.  It might not be worth correcting this one, I dunno .... 

So, the MG Big Sativa smells very lemony.  All the pistils are still green/white and the trichomes clear.  It's little dwarf friend also smells citrus-y. 

The second bucket, which I'm now calling "Lonely", is the one that had the hermi with it.  It's a little bugger.  It will be the lowest yeilder.  It is otherwise healthy, and smells citrus-y as well as most of these.  It has more seeds than anybody else because it was so close to hermi.  Luckily, they're down low where the male flowers seemed to be.  (Hermi, btw, which REEKED and was major FROSTY at 5 weeks flower) is turning out not too bad now that I've dried and starting cure.  A pretty good head buzz and the hay taste is going away.  Tastes pretty damned good in a joint and smells wonderful when cutting for rolling.  I can only imagine if it had been allowed to mature ....

Bucket #3 is the other sativa-looking big girl with lots of long branches and a "little friend".  Like I said, she's starting to show similar, minor symptoms to MG Sativa, but still pretty healthy looking otherwise.  Lemony smell.  The other, smaller plant is healthy and has nice looking buds that smell of citrus, but a wholly different phenotype (see pics).   

Bucket #4 is my "Special Two" (because they come from better genetics).  Both of them are short, and healthy.  No signs of nutrient deficiency or excess, pH problems, etc.  They aren't exactly the same plants but closer to each other than the others are to each other.  One is maturing faster than the other and has lots of red pistils and swelling calyxes,  but trichomes are clear on both.  They both appear to be not suffering nutrient problems. 

These are going to finish at all different times, I think.  One of my "special two" plants is looking more mature than the rest.  I MIGHT have spied a trend towards clouding of some trichomes but most are clear and all the other plants have perfectly clear trichomes without exception.  The "sativas", obviously, look the least mature with almost no pistils changing color, let along trichomes. 

Edited by zzzzzz (03/21/13 10:22 PM)

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies