Home | Community | Message Board

High Mountain Gold Compost
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinezzzzzz
Stranger

Re: Second Grow/Indoor/22x32W Long T8 Fluorescents/Soil/Bagseed [Re: zzzzzz]
    #663327 - 03/23/13 05:27 PM (11 years, 8 days ago)

Today's visit was for inspection and flushing.  After thinking long and hard and reading a SHITLOAD of threads, here and other sites, concerning MG grows, I have come to the conclusion that either over-fert. or nutrient lockout was the issue.  Well, that and not having an EC meter which is the greater issue ...

So I flushed the REMAINING plants (see below) with about 4 gallons of water, each.  Runoff pH (at end of flush) was lower than previous readings, somewhere in the 6 range, as compared to most recent readings.

The only plants that didn't show some kind of nutrient issue was the two plants in the blue buckets ... those from a totally different set of genetics. All others, save the big sativa looking plants, show only minor issues.  I noticed clawing on another plant today (the single, friend of hermie), but ....

To my surprise, 5 of the 7 plants showed mostly cloudy trichomes and some amber ones, so I harvested.  This either happened within a week or I haven't been paying close enough attention.  It's a lot of work to get recognition with a 10X occular.

I left the two big girls because a) I want to give the flush a chance to work and b) they are the least mature though showing some clouding. 

So, I put the two big girls back and spread them out under the lights.  The're more sparse than I had hoped for, and kinda doubt they'll fill in much, but that's a lot of popcorn.

As near as I can recall (having not kept accurate details and, honestly, what's the point with unknown strains that aren't going to repeat?) it's been right around 8 weeks flower.  The grow started the last two weeks of Dec.  Veg was a bit longer than hoped because some of the bastards refused to show preflowers.  In retrospect that shouldn't matter as I should just go ahead and stimulate flowering.

Just to reiterate the concept that pistil color might not be a great indicator of maturity, some of the plants I harvested had very little reddening/browning of the pistils while others had a lot.

Also, lesson learned that I must insist that there be one plant per container.

The saga continues ....

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinebudgrowerwannabe
Bum fighter
Male User Gallery

#663335 - 03/23/13 06:31 PM (11 years, 8 days ago)

When are going to cut all them sucker leaves off?

Offlinezzzzzz
Stranger

Re: Second Grow/Indoor/22x32W Long T8 Fluorescents/Soil/Bagseed [Re: budgrowerwannabe]
    #663340 - 03/23/13 08:00 PM (11 years, 8 days ago)

After they're all wilt-y and before they go to jar.

Offlinebudgrowerwannabe
Bum fighter
Male User Gallery

#663343 - 03/23/13 08:28 PM (11 years, 8 days ago)

Quote:

zzzzzz said:
After they're all wilt-y and before they go to jar.

Im glad you got a havest man alot dont make it! :cutoff:

Offlinezzzzzz
Stranger

Re: Second Grow/Indoor/22x32W Long T8 Fluorescents/Soil/Bagseed [Re: budgrowerwannabe]
    #663387 - 03/24/13 01:13 PM (11 years, 7 days ago)

Well, the more I look at the big girls, the more I think it's time to take 'em down.  Cloudy trichs all around.  I guess the flush was a waste of time then.  Fortunately, I had been giving them straight water for the last couple weeks. 

I'll get pics up of the second half of the harvest when I get them.

Offlinezzzzzz
Stranger

#664508 - 04/01/13 08:37 AM (10 years, 11 months ago)

Update on finished grow:  All are dry and ready for cure. 

Results are 7 plants finished and 1 plant early harvested due to being a hermaphrodite.  As it turns out, I discovered some hermie traits on another plant or two as well.  So, there are some seeds.

Fresh odor ranged from lemon-scented cleaner to other fruity smells to some stuff I can't even describe.  Others had interesting odors.  Now that they're dry, though, they've got some funky odors in some and just hay smell in others, with a good smell or two happening in the better jars.  (I dried 'em right via hygrometer).  It's too early to comment on the quality of the smoke so I'll have to get back with a report. 

Due to the random genetics of the bagseed, phenotypes varied.  The two plants that hailed from better genetics made the better nugs and better weed, I think (prelim). 

Plant totals were 43, 37, 24, 20, 15, 15, 13, and 7g.  Unfortunately, the large numbers are for the schwaggiest weed with lots and lots of tiny buds.  I can picture this stuff growing in a field in Mexico destined for the press-weed market which, in all fairness, is probably where it came from. 

Things I've learned and might change:  1) I would like to stick with known genetics.  It's worth paying for seeds.  I imagine these plants were not selected to reduce things like hermaphroditism, considering their intended market ....  2) While the fluoros worked pretty well, I think a good HPS/MH combo would be ideal ... just use fluoros for vegging or mothers.  I'm convinced better yields would be had.  Also, manipulating all those fluoros is a PITA.  3) stick to one plant per bucket.  4) Watch more closely for hermies (not a big issue with known genetics). 

First pic is harvest minus the hermie I harvested earlier:

Collage of closeups of the various buds, including the hermie bud:

Offlinebudgrowerwannabe
Bum fighter
Male User Gallery

#664527 - 04/01/13 10:50 AM (10 years, 11 months ago)

Hell yea thanks for the all the info! always appreciated!

OfflineBamaDave
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Alabama
    #664591 - 04/01/13 08:15 PM (10 years, 11 months ago)

For sure zzzzzz, you put that much time and love into taking care of those plants, it is worth a few dollars for good seeds. Regardless, you have some decent looking smoke there and some knowledge into what it is going to take.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck