Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinekungpow
 User Gallery

Medical MJ (White Widow, Afghan Kush, Brumese Kush, Iranian G13) 1000Watt Scrog
    #482443 - 09/26/10 09:36 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Alright this little journal will include a bit of the build as well. A lot of this journal will be past tense as I am writing it on here when it is almost done.

I gad recently got my certification from the doctor for my medical marijuana card, but I had not plants yet. I had a friend call me to tell me he seen an ad on craigslist with a caregiver that has some extra clones. I checked it out and decided I would go with those plants. I ended up getting 4 plants at 25 dollars a piece. The strains acquired were: White Whitdow (WW), Iranian G13 (IG13), Burmese Kush (BK), Afghan Kush (AK).

I was so excited to finally have some plants, but the problem is I had no place to put them. So now I finally had a reason to get off my lazy ass and get working on a room.

Here is what I had to start out with:

1 - 400 Watt hps ballast w/bulb
1 - reflector
1 - some water bottles
1 - I bag of Fox Farm's OCean forest for transplants
1 - Technaflora's Recipe for Success starter kit.

The first few nights with the plants home was kind of hard to sleep as all I could come up with was to staple a blanket up around the plants with a fan blowing air in from the side. It worked for that first night but damn was it light in there.

I have a pretty large bedroom (about 11'x 25') and decided I wanted to make part of that the grow room. Here is a pic of me getting hte wall up. You can see the blanket over the plants in the back.

The room ended being about 11'x8' and I decided that I would like to put a work bench in there too.

Once I had the rough walls hung up it made it much easier to keep the plants at a good temp and easier to keep light out of the room.

The pic on top are the plants in their new home. The bottom is the other side of the room. Wow it looks clean in there.

There's lots more to tell but I need to feed my kids some lunch. I will be back shortly to extend the story

***Continued***

Things were going good at first with grow but then I noticed some drooping, sagging and burnt tips on the plants. I was using technaflora's recipe for success starter kit. I had received it for free at a festival this past summer so I thought I would give it a try, but when I opened it up there were some stain marks in the packaging. So it looked like some of the product had leaked. I tried it anyway and ended up burning my plants like crazy. So now I am using fox farm and thigns are looking a lot better. But since I switched I have learned that I was using way too much nutrients from technaflora. I should of been using at least 1/4 of what I was using.

I also wanted a place to keep clones and mothers in the room. So I took some black/white poly and made myself a cabinet both under and over my bench. I use velcro to keep the doors shut and a small 4" can fan to ventillate it. For lighting I just put some CFLs in there and it seems to be working perfectly. The pic below shows the bottom half of my little cabinet with some clones placed in there.

I also got some cash to upgrade my light. The one I started with was a 400 watt hps andn I upgraded to a 1000watt digital ballast with both MH and HPS bublbs. I was also able to get a wall mount fan, carbon scrubber, and a 700 CFM can fan.

My plants were different heights and really bushy. I had been reading about scrog and decided I would put a screen over these plants. I didnt' get the screen over them till 12/12 but I think it helped a lot. It really let the plants spread out. The pic belows are about the plants at about 3 weeks into flower.

I just got home from class so I am gonna smoke. I'll add more later.

Edited by kungpow (09/27/10 12:17 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineDoctorDarkMatter
Stranger

Re: Medical MJ (White Widow, Afghan Kush, Brumese Kush, Iranian G13) 1000Watt Scrog [Re: kungpow]
    #482523 - 09/26/10 02:33 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Whats with the mini fridge? Nice start, Can't wait to see how it turns out.

Offlinekungpow
 User Gallery

Re: Medical MJ (White Widow, Afghan Kush, Brumese Kush, Iranian G13) 1000Watt Scrog [Re: DoctorDarkMatter]
    #482796 - 09/27/10 12:16 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

*BUMP*

Just updated more to come later. I am currently a little over 6 weeks into 12/12 I hope to update to the current time here soon.

peace

Offlinetheman420

Re: Medical MJ (White Widow, Afghan Kush, Brumese Kush, Iranian G13) 1000Watt Scrog [Re: kungpow]
    #491375 - 10/25/10 08:22 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

nice grow looks like things are looking stinky!!

--------------------
num,num,num.....mmmm......num,num,num

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies