Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   THCeeds Marijuana Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineaspore
Cellular Drone
 User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Re: Afghan Kush Specialized (feminized) [Re: aspore]
    #459649 - 08/13/10 10:37 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Update w/ a few q's....

--------------------
"To live the life you only see, in the stores and on TV,
Is to take away the seed, the roots, and stem of all we need."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineaspore
Cellular Drone
 User Gallery

#460472 - 08/15/10 12:31 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

tidbit of joy for the day!

I was inspecting a few lower buds today, and it seems the smaller buds just below the canopy are developing trichromes/resin glands a bit faster than the top buds, I guess this is due to the lower buds not being as big, andprobably maturing faster. Anyways, i rubbed a bunch of fan leaves that have noticeable crystals, and instantly said to myself " Smells like Sugar Daddy!!!" which is an additive I use for flavor and taste, or overall help with plant.

I'm going to start using awesome blossom I think soon... HOpefully for better flower production!

Anyways, we shall see what this has to offer in the end, and perhaps I will use it in future grows. at least its good info for other growers.

Peace.

ps

Info:
Mg 1.6%
Sulfur 1.75%
Cane sugar 2%
NPK = 0-0-0

Edited by aspore (08/15/10 12:54 AM)

InvisibleHendershot
Shapeshifter
Male User Gallery

Re: Afghan Kush Specialized (feminized) [Re: kickin-two-hundo]
    #460512 - 08/15/10 07:42 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

kickin-two-hundo said:
here is what Coda said in another thread here here
Quote:

Now this isn't directed at you, this was just something i got from that other thread that he told someone who was asking about trimming, so don't be offended or anything
Quote:

coda said:
Imagine this, you have a solar panel array that has a few big panels and some small panels.  If you remove the big panels do you think you'll receive as much power now?

Same thing applies to plants, you remove all those large fans and you've effectively removed the power generators for your plants.  You should only trim fan leaves when they become too diseased to live, are dead, or are eaten to shreds by pests.  Otherwise you're much better off tucking the fan leaves away under some stems or buds.

Now, I will say removing one or two for better light penetration is not that big of a deal, but when you remove most of your large fans you're just screwing yourself.

first time grower here.. not much experience, but pretty fair amount of common sense. I gotta say first I respect your sense of adventure, but coda really knows his shit and it makes total sense to me..
if the problem is lack of light to the lower budsites, wouldn't you try bringing the light to them in the form of supplemental side lights, like cfls, or even leds?

--------------------

"You're cool, you're cool, fuck you, I'm out.."

InvisibleHendershot
Shapeshifter
Male User Gallery

Re: Afghan Kush Specialized (feminized) [Re: Hendershot]
    #460514 - 08/15/10 07:46 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

I will be watching your experiment carefully though, since I grow outdoors, and can't really supplement light.. Good luck!! :ganja:

--------------------

"You're cool, you're cool, fuck you, I'm out.."

Offlineaspore
Cellular Drone
 User Gallery

Re: Afghan Kush Specialized (feminized) [Re: Hendershot]
    #460516 - 08/15/10 07:54 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

I've not got the setup at the moment to run any extras, so I'm trying to make good use of what I have.

As far as the reference to solar arrays, that is right, but I don't believe it to fully play over.

In a solar array, you are able to efficiently lay your panels out, where they are all getting full light, none of them are blocked so you would have to reason to remove a solar panel, it will work fine and produce to its potential.

But with leaves, they are all over the place, blocking each other, and in-efficiently producing for the plant. By removing those, i'm allowing light to better penetrate smaller leaves that are more in direct relation with the budsite, and not just a node fan leaf.

Now, i'm a first time grower too, and I'm not saying that Coda isn't right, or that I shouldn't listen to him, because I have read shit tons of shit and Coda is well respected by me and I will always heed words of advice, I'm not playin that I know it all, but i'm not stupid either.

I have seen tremendous development of the smaller leaves after defoliation, my canopy has more than recovered from removal and I'm not worried at all about having to suppliment light to lower sites as I've cleared away and trained my stems to allow light to pass through all the way to my stem.

Plus, LED's woulnd't be efficient as they woulcn't be close enough I don't think to produce proper lumens down to the lower branches.

But I could stick a CFL right inside the base of the branches and I bet that would really give the lower budsites a kick.

Thanks for the input tho, I've put a lot of thought in this one, but really I have almost as many leaves as when I started, just more smaller ones instead of a bunch of big ones.

:smile:

--------------------

Offlineaspore
Cellular Drone
 User Gallery

#460518 - 08/15/10 07:59 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

This was 8 8

And this was 8 13 , just 5 short days later and 2 small defoliation sessions

the canopy really shot back out after that first heavy sessoin, and I continue to pick at least a few leaves each day to help.

It's like it grows 4 for every 1 i pick! (but it's just present ones getting bigger)

--------------------

Offlinekickin-two-hundo
|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅| ♪♫♪♫♪♫
Male User Gallery

Loc: afghanistan
    #460666 - 08/15/10 12:50 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Just my 2 cents from my experience.

Quote:

So a few q's I have I guess:

-how much more do you guys think this has untill I need to start flushing. the seed bank said 55 days of flower for this strain untill harvest, i'm on day 25 or so, so like , 2 weeks and flush 2 weeks?

Okay so if your 25 days in yes give it 2-2 1/2 weeks to keep developing before you start your flush. It could be + or - a few days on the 55. Watch your pistols, and also watch your trichromes to see if they are getting milky or turning amber, in my experience, when i start seeing amber trichs, it is time to start flushing. Depends on the type of high you like tho, milky white trichs are more upidy party high, the amber trichs are gonna get you more stoned, more lazy i prefer this lol.

Quote:

- Is there any recomended nutrients / additives that TRULY are worth adding at this poing to help with the quality of flowers?

Definitely add a cap-full of black strap molasses per gallon of water. Theres many other nutrients/additives that you could add at this point, its all a matter of preference and what you are trying to get out of your buds. For all around danker buds i would suggest snow storm ultra from Humboldt county's own. Although i cannot vouch for this product yet, i am using it right now and i have noticed a steady increase in trichromes, faster than what i am used to. So so far it works great, plus all i have ever heard about it is its great stuff, A++++.

Quote:

- Should I flush 2 weeks? or one week?

Start your flush anywhere from two weeks to 10 days before you chop it down. You can flush it multiple times just to be safe if you want to, what i do is flush it at two weeks, and with one week left i flush again, but i do what i would call a super flush (double the amount of water as a normal flush would be.) I would advise flushing at least 10 days prior, to ensure the plants are properly flushed. one week may work, but seems a little short, other growers may think otherwise, idk.

Quote:

- based on this little amount of info , what final weight would you say from my pics this one plant would give? (I'm hoping for 60 grams)

can't answer that one for ya, pictures aren't quite clear enough for my shitty eyes. Bet harry ballsach could give you a guess within like 20 grams tho!

Quote:

- does the resin/crystals look good for this point? I'm really hoping for a nice frosty bud like the pics of these were from where I got them...

They look alright, should start boosin on the crystals in the next couple weeks, not tryin to insult you nugs AT ALL bro, but so far they look a little bit.. stringy i guess would be the word right now,(more leaves and hairs, less calyxs and crystals) but its early in flowering,so i can't really tell for sure. Trust me, you will have some very frosty nugs when you're done, even regs will be dank if grown properly.

Quote:

- I've had some horrid chunking in the bottom of my Dutch Master Flower B product, is this from  me not shaking it enought? Should I take it back? I'm thinking this might ahve thrown the ratio off of that bottle if some nutes are concentrated in the chunks on bottom. I cannot shake them back into the solution.

Well i don't think you can take it back after you've been using it, but if the chunking is like extremely bad then maybe you could. This isn't really a problem though, i give my bottles a good 1-2 minute vigorous shaking everytime i mix up nutes, and i still get little chunks sometimes, i still just add them to the solution, they disolve right up. Try giving your bottle the most vigorous shake you can for like 3 minutes and see what happens. I'm talkin like grasp that bitch with two hands and just get to shakin that thing like its a baby your trying to interogate or kill lmao.

hope something in there helps u man lemme kno if anythings unclear.

--------------------
The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time.

anything and everything i post on here is completely fictional and come straight from the deepest depths of the black hole which is my mind.

Edited by kickin-two-hundo (08/15/10 11:18 PM)

Offlinekickin-two-hundo
Male User Gallery

#460667 - 08/15/10 12:52 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

hey and how close are your lights? you see how your leaves are canoeing up some? this is a sign of the lights being to close, try raising them a few inches, or you will end up burning the tops.

--------------------

anything and everything i post on here is completely fictional and come straight from the deepest depths of the black hole which is my mind.

Offlineaspore
Cellular Drone
 User Gallery

#460818 - 08/15/10 04:34 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Thanks for the reply kickin! Its feedback like yours that really makes me post on these forums, because it's all about feedback and knowledge!

- I'm probably going to do about a 10 day flush, based on my projected hack date, i'm going for slighly amber, but i'm after the uplifting energetic work high, so i'll be getting them down a bit early than most people.

- I believe you about stringy buds, because I have done lots of research and lurking in peoples grow logs, and my buds seem a 'bit' on the smaller side, and not a full as some buds i've seen @ the same flower day. But i've also seen some awfully horrid looking buds too so it gives me hope!

- Yeah, i'm shaking that DM nute bottle everytime I'm around it now, i'll use it to finish it off, but i'm not going to buy Dutch Masters anymore, i'm going to stick with Technaflora or go to Gen Hydro.

- Your pics are well enjoyed! and you can go ahead and pull them down now that I've seen em if ya want, (I feel you about being a little sketch, but I think this forum is pretty safe for a lil guy like me)

- I really like your bud formation on that plant, yours has way better symetrey than mine do and way earlier than mine did! I was just getting hairs at 15 days flower! Awesome!

- I'll probably try that snowstorm Ultra if I can afford, if not I might got with The Awesome Blossom from Technaflora

Keep it real all.

--------------------

Offlinekickin-two-hundo
Male User Gallery

#461137 - 08/15/10 11:16 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

This is where i got it, check it out man $11.99 on ebay and its got free shipping idk if im supposed to post this on here,but i feel like this would help to save u alot of money on it if you do get it, cheapest place i could find it.

--------------------

Offlineaspore
Cellular Drone
 User Gallery

#461303 - 08/16/10 11:37 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

I am heading to my loacl hydroponics store today, and gonna chat with the guy there and get some more info. Gonna shop around and probably get that SnowStorm Ultra if it's priced right. Going to search more info! Updates later.

Today is the last day of week 4 also!

--------------------

Offlinekickin-two-hundo
Male User Gallery

#461397 - 08/16/10 02:06 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

did u see what i posted right before u said that? 11.99 for an 8oz bottle. If you can find it for cheaper than thats impressive! it was 30 for the 8oz bottle at my local hydro shop.

--------------------

InvisibleDeadHearts

Loc: ▐▐▐▐▐
    #461543 - 08/16/10 03:48 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

I am new to growing and will start my first grow soon using the
SCROG method as well. But isnt the point to keep all branches below
the screen?? Or do you just have to do that for a certain amount of time??

If someone could fill me in on that it would be greatly appreciated.

Anyways, the grwo is looking nice aspore :thumbup:

Offlinekickin-two-hundo
Male User Gallery

Re: Afghan Kush Specialized (feminized) [Re: DeadHearts]
    #461775 - 08/16/10 10:45 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

you've got them on 12/12 right? i kno thats a stupid question but i'm just making sure, because that would be a very obvious reason for the slow bud formation if u didnt.

--------------------

Offlineaspore
Cellular Drone
 User Gallery

#462338 - 08/17/10 03:45 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

- I got a one liter bottle of Snowstorm Ultra for 30.00. My guy at the hydro store didn't know too much, except a few of his friends used it and they continue to buy it, so it must do something.

- I am in 12/12, but my humidity and temps are soaring. Right now where I live, the humidity is like 90% everyday, and the temps are in the 100's. I'm going to be working on re-designing my exhaust system tonight, so that should help lower my temps, so that should help speed up my growth.

- It's my understanding that the screen is only used to help train your branches out (instead of growing up) and then whenever you train them out for a while, whenever you stop, they will start growing up again, this spreads your plants branches and allows better light penetration and keeps your plant a little shorter. So ScOG tek is used to help get lower buds light and keep the plant shorter/bushier. (At least that is what I think it's mainly used for...)

- I did my first Foliar spray of SnowStorm last night, so hopefully I'll see some results in a few days. update and pics to come later.

Thanks all for checking this out! Keep up the input!

--------------------

Offlineaspore
Cellular Drone
 User Gallery

#462827 - 08/18/10 10:31 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Been doing a lot of comparing of pictures online of flowers in week 5 and my flowers, and mine seem to be lacking...

Mine do not seem to have filled out as much as I would like, I'm worried that these buds will end up light and airy and not as good as I would hope.

I'm wondering if my high temps and low air flow could contribute to this slow growth? I'm buying another large fan today to hopefully get some circulation going, as of now I have no fan on my ladies, I don't know why i just haven't really thought of it till now. (d-oh!)

Also, going to work on that exhaust to lower temps, perhaps that will help get my growth back on track, right now i'm kindof saddened.

But , on the other hand, my buds have taken on a 'candy' like smell, probably some of the technaflora nutes I'm using. I like it I guess, but hope it matures into something better.

pics to come, i'm out of batteries.

--------------------

Offlinekickin-two-hundo
Male User Gallery

#463095 - 08/18/10 07:02 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

aspore said:
I'm wondering if my high temps and low air flow could contribute to this slow growth? I'm buying another large fan today to hopefully get some circulation going, as of now I have no fan on my ladies, I don't know why i just haven't really thought of it till now. (d-oh!)

Well that explains alot, your plants need a fresh supply of co2 and without any circulation the plant is suffocating, think of it like a human deprived of oxygen.

High temps are not good either. You may want to be careful about that, your plant could get too stressed and seed. The fan should solve this problem. If the fan is going to be right on your plant get an oscillating one to reduce stress. And try to get your temps at least around like 84*, 85*F if you can.

Don't worry we'll help you get your nugs lookin dank bro, don't lose hope!!

--------------------

Offlineaspore
Cellular Drone
 User Gallery

#463145 - 08/18/10 08:04 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Thanks for the hope!

I have gotten temps down and air flow at least tripled, with fresh air supply. So if that is the issue then it should start looking good from here!

ALso, I have read that the way to judge how far into flowering the plant is, is to count from when it FIRST showed pistils, or sex. I only have begun to see pistils and signs of budsites about the 1st of this month, putting this REALLY only about 3 weeks of 'actual' flower. They have been officially flowering for 30 days, but maybe they were a little slow in the beginning, and this means that they will take a week or so longer than I thought. if this is the case, i will feel better about the growth @ this time.

--------------------

Edited by aspore (08/18/10 08:09 PM)

Offlineaspore
Cellular Drone
 User Gallery

#463440 - 08/19/10 07:01 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

temps holding steady @ 74 w/ good airflow.

I can swear I almost see an improvement in just a few short hours after lowering temps/incresing fresh air/air flow. Some of my more mature buds have gained a darker color, and the little spiky leave in the budsite have matured out more, looking more like I would like to see...

Hopes are up!

--------------------

Offlineaspore
Cellular Drone
 User Gallery

#464661 - 08/21/10 06:09 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Well, its been about 2 days or so since improvement to conditions.

All are holding well @ 75 and air flow is excellent.

I have lowered my use of additives for a few days, just givin em simple a+b and snowstorm. Going to start by adding half of what I had before in there, I think i might have gotten the PH out of whack. I will be going to look for a meter and some PHu/d soon.

I'm seriously thinking about maxibloom for my base nutes next run. What you guys think?

My buds seem to have really started taking off; calyxes are swelling up nice and hairs are still all white. Crystals are starting to show well and my leaves are getting a deep green color like when the plant was first grown. I think my enviromental issues, and some nute issues, coupled with a bunch of other little 'first time grower' issues, has caused this plant not to be her best, but I think I might have learned more by this so next round i'll be ready.

Anyways, i'll get pics soon, i'm late for work.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   THCeeds Marijuana Seeds