Home | Community | Message Board

Royal Queen Seeds Cannabis Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   THCeeds Marijuana Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineaspore
Cellular Drone
 User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Re: Afghan Kush Specialized (feminized) [Re: aspore]
    #465341 - 08/22/10 11:02 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

update with some pics. I'm not impressed yet...

--------------------
"To live the life you only see, in the stores and on TV,
Is to take away the seed, the roots, and stem of all we need."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineaspore
Cellular Drone
 User Gallery

#466587 - 08/24/10 02:19 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Hit my ladies with the 2nd foliar spray of Snowstorm today before lights out. Using 5ml/gal, spraying till light runnof, tops and bottoms of leaves.

Buds are actually starting to fill out a bit, I really think that my high temps and light leak before were causing slow growth, now that those issues are fixed, it's really starting to take form.

Still not impressed, but moreso than a few days ago...

--------------------

Offlineaspore
Cellular Drone
 User Gallery

#467635 - 08/26/10 07:07 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

So it's been appx 42 days at this point, but I think the slowing up in the beggining from stresses makes it more like 35 days.

Looking good, not much to take pics of yet, probably in a few more days. Still not super impressed, but I will have some smokeable herb I believe. Enough to last a month I hope, 2 months is my target. If I can achieve that, then I'll be satisfied.

--------------------

Offlinekickin-two-hundo
|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅| ♪♫♪♫♪♫
Male User Gallery

Loc: afghanistan
    #467919 - 08/26/10 03:11 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Hey man lookin much better! its only been a few days of that and it looks like its much happier to me. Nice to see it actually growin crystals and hairs like its supposed to now isnt it?
u feel like that snowstorm ultra is workin for u? i really do, compared to past grows. Lookin good tho man, u'll have ur fat nugs soon just keep bein a lil patient.

--------------------
The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time.

anything and everything i post on here is completely fictional and come straight from the deepest depths of the black hole which is my mind.

Offlineaspore
Cellular Drone
 User Gallery

Re: Afghan Kush Specialized (feminized) [Re: kickin-two-hundo]
    #468343 - 08/27/10 03:13 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

thanks for the support man!

I'm not sure about the snowstorm, I've only added it in about 1/2 recomended dosage in my nutes, and 2 times foliar. I will say tho, I doesn't seem to hurt!

I really think the 'Sugar Daddy' I'm using is making the most impact at the moment. It's is making the overall smell of the plant very sweet, I like it a lot, but I'm hoping a bit will flush out in the end, and maybe convert into a more deep sweetness than it is now. I've actually cut my Sugar Daddy doses in half also, because i just don't want to pump em full of crap for taste if it doesn't help potency.

"The unique combinations of ingredients in SugarDaddy are vital for all stages of plant growth and development. During the seedling stage SugarDaddy rapidly accelerates sprout growth and prepares plants for transplanting. During the vegetative stage SugarDaddy promotes strong plant structure which is a critical precursor to final yield success.

Of maximum benefit during both transition and reproduction, SugarDaddy fosters healthy stage progression by limiting detrimental transition related stressors. Further, the lower nitrogen levels often found in flowering stage fertilizers are overcome by the use of SugarDaddy; as carbohydrate, protein, and fatty acid synthesis is achieved vigorous growth rates are maintained along with the production of essential oils and the aroma value of flower buds and fruits. "

So yeah, for the production of aroma, i'll say sugar daddy is kicking ass on that end. It smells like candy, striaght up. Don't know if that's for everyone, but EVERYONE who has smelled my buds say INSTANTLY that it's Sugar Daddy (or candy for those who aren't nute-savvy)

Now I think i'm ready to start loading a bit more on my lady. I'm going to be using the highest ppm of nutes in the next 3 weeks , (if that's how long it's untill I flush, giving that a total of 28 more days, or abot 70+ total days)

I got some Beastie Blooms today, and it's like some powerful shit.

http://www.hydroempire.com/store/images/beastiebloomzjar_02%20(2).jpg

0 - 50 - 30  -  !!!!

that's some crazy stuff. I guess I dilute it or something? I didn't get directions, just a ziploc baggie from a friend. Well, i'll be using this starting today in a small form, 1ml a gal or so, untill I see no negetive effects and bump it up slowly.

I am also begginning to want to kick myself as I have NOT been PH testing anything at all since I started, and I'm sure that could have had a MAJOR effect on my ladies.

I'm going to get some PH up/down and a meter ASAP. Maybe that will be the final key to getting these ladies to bulk up and become something to be proud of.

--------------------

Offlineaspore
Cellular Drone
 User Gallery

#468378 - 08/27/10 09:02 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Update with pics. I'm getting impressed now....

--------------------

Offlinekickin-two-hundo
Male User Gallery

#468630 - 08/27/10 07:12 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

ya man, if your ph is off it could be a major problem. it will cause the plant to lockout nutrients, which means it will not get the things it needs and a whole number of different things can occur. but they don't look like they have nute lockout though luckily.

I use that snowstorm ALOT, i foliar feed twice in the darkness with 4 ml per gallon, and i use it in every feeding at 5 ml per gallon. My nugs are smelling reaaaly sweet too, but this strain always has. I use a teaspoon of blackstrap molases with every watering also, to sweetin them up some more. I may try your micros next round, just don't have the funds right now, i just invested in a real nice a/c and ventilation setup.

I also used this stuff called bushmaster when i started flowering, from the same folks who make
snowstorm ultra. It 98% eleminates and basically skips the stretch stage, and the plants begin to bud immediately, and bush out. It also shaves 2 weeks off your flowering time. May be why my nugs which are just starting week 4 look like about week 5 or 6

I will scroll up and check out ur update after i post this lol (to stoned and lazy and i already started typin.)

--------------------

anything and everything i post on here is completely fictional and come straight from the deepest depths of the black hole which is my mind.

Offlinekickin-two-hundo
Male User Gallery

#468636 - 08/27/10 07:18 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

hell ya bro, nice to see them finally filling out, dam they started boostin, makes me glad i was a small part of helping that happen.

oh ok are u usin the recipe for success? i see. i'm always like HOLY SHIT thats alot of nutes this guys usin! and then i read the names and im like oh wait okay thats the recipe. I may try it out one day.. idk im pretty happy with flora nova :thumbup:

--------------------

Offlineaspore
Cellular Drone
 User Gallery

#468702 - 08/27/10 10:52 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

I'm not super impressed with Technaflora, but it's what I have got right now, so i'm making it work.

I actually got a whole lineup of nutes from Technaflora for winning a costume contest @ Wakarusa.

I'll eventually go with GH lucas formula once I have to buy some more nutes, but as of now i'm gonna finish these guys off.

Yeah, I do have a lot I add, but I'm only doing a super bunch once a week.

I PH tested today with litmus paper, it says it's about a 6 with everything added, but strips can be hard to tell exactly. So i'm still waiting for a meter and wahtnot.

Yeah, i'm getting excited with the way these are filling out, hopefully they will really get dense in the end.

Well thanks again for your input! It's truly good to talk with people who know what I am trying to achieve!

--------------------

Offlineaspore
Cellular Drone
 User Gallery

#469149 - 08/28/10 08:27 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Well, my buds are really starting to take off... I still don't want to get my hopes up, but damn i'm starting to get impressed.

the main colas are starting to thicken up as I hoped, a few of the 'hopeful' buds to be will take up most of my hand. I am still setting my sights low, so I don't get dissapointed.

Well, I need to update the main log, but it's late and i'm fuckin tired from work. Which is hard. And sucks.

Send your good vibe-nutes my way so my ladies can shine! This is the one and only grow I am going to do for the projected future, so hope it turns out right!

p.s. like your sig kickin.

--------------------

Offlineaspore
Cellular Drone
 User Gallery

#470696 - 09/01/10 03:28 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Things are starting to move along quite nicely. I've been busy and haven't had time for pics or anything, but the buds are really starting to get fatter. Most are getting a lot of resin, it smells SUPER sweet, i'm in love. I'm not sure how long i've got left, I'm going to say 10-14 days untill flush. I'm hoping at least.

I've done one more Snowstorm Foliar, and another 1/2 dose of Beastie Bloomz into my nutes. Since this is my first grow, I wouldn't know if this is helping or not, but it doesnt' seem to hurt.

I still think I'm having PH issues, i'm in need of a meter, and I thinkn i'll look for one soon. I'm just broke at the moment.

Pics to come soon.

--------------------

Offlinekickin-two-hundo
Male User Gallery

#471082 - 09/01/10 11:50 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

i think uve still got a while longer than 10-14 days before flush. i'd say about 20-25 till u should flush, flowering takes 8-10 weeks depending on the strains, some are longer and some are shorter. and sense your flowering was delayed, you should start your actual flowering time from you first saw signs of flowering.

--------------------

Offlineaspore
Cellular Drone
 User Gallery

#471121 - 09/02/10 07:15 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

That's exactly what I was thinkin, about the delayed start and whatnot.

So really it's like the start of week 6 really I think. Even tho it's 2 days into week 7. Something Like that. Either way, i'm going to keep the time the same, and just remember why I had a 90 day flowering time!!!

So in all actuallity, today is day 51 of flowering.

Anyways, I also think I know why I have had slowish growth, I got a better PH test kit today, and after carefully measuring out my nutes, I found that my PH is just a little high. I think like possibly 6+ . So i'm getting some PH down asap and try to bring it down a bit.

I'm really excited about getting my PH corrected, I think that will be the icing on the cake for my ladies and really make these worth while.

--------------------

Offlineaspore
Cellular Drone
 User Gallery

#471926 - 09/03/10 11:03 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Small bump on nute info. I have been adding PH down to my nutes to help them get to about 5.5+. I hope this will help them finish out a bit stronger and quicker.

I am using this formula right now, I know it's heavy, but these ladies seem to like it.

Technaflora Boost and bloom @ 1700ppm

TF - Route 66 @ 5ml gal
TF - Sugar Daddy @ 10ml gal
TF - Thrive Alive @ 5 ml gal
Humbolt - Snowstorm @ 5ml gal (+ foliar once every 4 days before lights out)
Fox Farms - Beastie Bloomz @ Tblspn / Gal (5ml)

Yeah, again, I know it's a lot, but i'm pushing my lady now, and she's eatin it all up.

Also, I've made a tea to use with some kelp extracts, a little thrive alive, route 66 , some MyCostim, dark corn syrup, brown sugar and water. Let this sit and bake for a few days, and add it in . I'm going to wait 7 days untill I use it, so I'll update that too.

(P,S) All these random posts are just for future info when I can use this info in a more professonal log. Its easier to update this way.

:smile:

--------------------

Offlinekickin-two-hundo
Male User Gallery

#471946 - 09/03/10 11:16 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

whats up with some pictures mang!?

yo and its safe to foliar with the snowstorm every night.

--------------------

Edited by kickin-two-hundo (09/05/10 04:01 PM)

Offlineaspore
Cellular Drone
 User Gallery

#472494 - 09/05/10 03:45 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Why is it that I have like 20 batteries in my drawers/couch/junk boxes, but none of them work? Grr! I don't see why I haven't thrown them away. Anyways, I'm still out of batteries to take pics, but i'm going to get some today.

Anyways, things are starting to really look up I think, the buds are really starten to fatten up, and the calyxes are swelling with trichrome production increasing.

I have noticed a heavier sweeter smell, like good dank, starting to strenghthen. Also, whenever I touch or run my finger over the buds, it's INSTANTLY Oily and sticky, very.

I think that they might finish a bit quicker than I recently thought, but still about 3 weeks from now till I chop. I think 2 weeks untill I flush from this point. That would put it @ 77+- days. Considering my issues in the beginning, this would be awesome.

Well , wish me luck the home stretch is in sight! This is like being pregnant, and i'm just ready to have this thing already!

pics to come I promise.

--------------------

Offlineaspore
Cellular Drone
 User Gallery

#473749 - 09/07/10 07:05 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

still haven't gotten batteries for the camera, so here's a small text update.

-Calyxes are starting to swell on certain buds, other buds look young as hell, I see a large difference inthe stages grown between some of the buds.

- I have pretty much dark green leaves on the plant as a whole, but some of the buds leaves have turned yellow ,and the buds seem to have 'new' growth on top of them, they are really weird yellow growths, kindof hard. It's strange i haven't read or seen a picture of anythign like it before really, so I'm anxious to get a pic to see what this is.

-Smell is very sweet and a little kerosene, just the way I like.

-resin and oil is good, anytime you just touch a bud your fingers are oily and sticky.

I think that 3 weeks from now should be the chop. 1 more week maybe 10 days untill I start flushing I hope.

Here's a question: Do the hairs on the buds need to be 80% dark or more before I flush? Or is it okay to flush before they turn dark? LIke if 50% of the hairs are dark?

--------------------

Offlineaspore
Cellular Drone
 User Gallery

#474490 - 09/09/10 07:09 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

added some new pics to the main post...

--------------------

Offlineaspore
Cellular Drone
 User Gallery

#474517 - 09/09/10 08:39 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Also, I am noticing a lot of yellowing of the leaves and weird growth on the tops of some of the buds. It almost seems as if they are still having new growth, but it's really hard and yellow. All the leaves surrounding the bud have completely yellowed. These buds are right under the light, but farther away than some buds, but perhaps it still is heat stress.

Its that little , hard, yellow growth on top of the bud. (the light is just there to help with the picture)

I'm unsure if this is what 'foxtail' is but i'm going to look into it. I have other budsites that are exibiting yellowing of the leaves and similar growth, just not so advanced.

Some normal buds are having more of the 'foxtail' trait I would think, as some of the buds are growing little bud spires out of the normal buds. Hard to get a picture of them, but I will try as they mature.

--------------------

Offlineaspore
Cellular Drone
 User Gallery

#474650 - 09/09/10 03:20 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Here is a small bud I clipped today, I'm drying it out in a box with a fan. Its still really wet, and smells like chlorophyll but it's kindof sticky and has a few small trichromes. Not super bad overall, but I'm hoping they mature a lot better than this one!

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   THCeeds Marijuana Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale