Home | Community | Message Board

High Mountain Gold Compost
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisiblebrifunforme
Card Holder. Not really
Re: I didn't mean to do this... [Re: 13eetleJuice]
    #422103 - 05/22/10 02:04 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

13eetleJuice said:
Thanks for the kind comments, guys. :blush:

I'm sure if you remember your first grows you must know how I absolutely ACHE to smoke these bitches! Their smell is strange to me. It smells skunky but, at the same time has this pungent, sweet almost fruity smell. :awesome:

Haven't seen the first amber trichome yet though... :sad: but, that's a good thing I suppose. Just means there will be more to smoke when they do get finished. :evil:

It smells kinda like pineapple and wet gym socks damnit, Im your neighbor. Get a carbon scrubber, shit!

Seriously tho, it's amazing what you can grow from a bag of midi nugs jam packed with seeds isn't it? It's like some commercial grower out there grows some really dank stuff and just pollinates every damned pistil the plant has just to add weight. Good job man, its amazing that all CFLs :thumbup:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineEpoo
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: Arkansas
Re: I didn't mean to do this... [Re: brifunforme]
    #422186 - 05/22/10 06:01 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

I think you have a really nice setup my man!:cool:

Invisible13eetleJuice
The ghost with the most
Male

Loc: 6' under fertalizing bud
Re: I didn't mean to do this... [Re: Epoo]
    #422655 - 05/23/10 03:25 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

70 Days of Flowering / Beginning of Week 10

I obviously don't know for sure but, I'm beginning to doubt that these plants are close to finishing.  It appears to me that new calyces are forming on the buds at a faster rate now than has been witnessed at any previous time during the flowering cycle.

Evidence:

(Notice the rapid, new growth of calyces, stacked vertically, literally one on top of another. Seventy-five percent of the buds are displaying this type of growth.)

(The remaining twenty-five percent of the buds look like this, swelling with multiple patches of growth rather than one point of linear growth along the stem-line.)

Now I thought the calyces were supposed to all be mostly formed by now and swelling with sexual frustration and, to some extent I see this happening on older portions of the buds. They are beginning to harden to the touch and feel more like pine cones, less like rose buds.

Yet, this rapid explosion of growth this week confuses me. Am I just ignorant? Is this the way it's supposed to happen? :shrug: I'm hunting amber trichs daily, muahaha, I wanna smoke this shit! :grin: You can bet I'll be sure to you know when I find one. :smirk:

Thanks for watching!

--------------------

Invisible13eetleJuice
The ghost with the most
Male

#422691 - 05/23/10 04:14 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

13eetleJuice said:

I obviously don't know for sure but, I'm beginning to doubt that these plants are close to finishing.  It appears to me that new calyces are forming on the buds at a faster rate now than has been witnessed at any previous time during the flowering cycle.

The more I look at it, the more it's beginning to appear that there's more STEM growing than anything...  could it be that my plants are going back into veg? :oogle:

Confession: I don't actually have a working timer so I've been flipping the lights manually. As you might imagine there have been a few "mistakes" where the lights got left on for 20-30 minutes too long. Not often but,... there was an incident recently.

Whatcha think? Is it possible, probable?

What do I do now? I wanted to reveg anyways to get clones...  should I harvest the majority now then put the plant back into 18+ hour lighting?

Or, do I let it continue to flower? Will it continue? Is my plant as confused as I am?

--------------------

Offlinecreep 1nc
Stranger

#422712 - 05/23/10 04:40 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

brifunforme said:
Quote:

13eetleJuice said:
Thanks for the kind comments, guys. :blush:

I'm sure if you remember your first grows you must know how I absolutely ACHE to smoke these bitches! Their smell is strange to me. It smells skunky but, at the same time has this pungent, sweet almost fruity smell. :awesome:

Haven't seen the first amber trichome yet though... :sad: but, that's a good thing I suppose. Just means there will be more to smoke when they do get finished. :evil:

It smells kinda like pineapple and wet gym socks damnit, Im your neighbor. Get a carbon scrubber, shit!

Seriously tho, it's amazing what you can grow from a bag of midi nugs jam packed with seeds isn't it? It's like some commercial grower out there grows some really dank stuff and just pollinates every damned pistil the plant has just to add weight. Good job man, its amazing that all CFLs :thumbup:

haha, they could charge more for seedless.......but yeah man, I hear ya.......my bagseed plants are looking pretty damn good

--------------------
. Creeps bagseed! 1st grow ever

Invisible13eetleJuice
The ghost with the most
Male

Re: I didn't mean to do this... [Re: creep 1nc]
    #422768 - 05/23/10 05:50 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

It's literally an infestation now. These bugs are crawling all over my buds. I've seen, and killed, ten of them today! :oogle:

What do I do? Are there any health risks associated with bugs? I hope these crazy bastards aren't laying eggs in my buds! Aaaaahhhhhhh!

--------------------

OfflineDephect

Folding@home Statistics
    #423392 - 05/24/10 05:57 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Go to Home Depot. Get a Hot Shot No Pest Strip and put it in your grow area. I have one in my flowering chamber, it has driven away spider mites, and its quite often where I open it up in the morning when the lights come on and find a few dead flies on the ground. The thing is a miracle worker for pests.

By the way I am not even high and I laughed at your new sig man. That shit is funny. I could just picture that in a movie.

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
Re: I didn't mean to do this... [Re: Dephect]
    #423401 - 05/24/10 06:14 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Your pests look like a type of flying ant to me.

--------------------

MFDoom666: sobriety kills my buzz every time.

Invisible13eetleJuice
The ghost with the most
Male

Re: I didn't mean to do this... [Re: Dephect]
    #423409 - 05/24/10 06:51 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Hehe, I can't really take credit for it though. I found this on the net someplace and thought it would make a nice sig. :evil:

--------------------

OfflineTomCollins

#423665 - 05/25/10 09:33 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

:borat:

Nice sig btw.

--------------------
andyistic said:
Ok so let me bring you idiots up to speed.
The admins are tired of this shitfest being made the joke of the weed community on the Internet.

Invisible13eetleJuice
The ghost with the most
Male

Re: I didn't mean to do this... [Re: TomCollins]
    #424504 - 05/27/10 03:11 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Bug problem: Handled.

Stretch Budstrong: Harvested!
A few pics of the main cola (and a couple of the larger buds in the second picture):

Was it a little early? Probably, but my reasoning is that if I let senescence occur, then it may be too late or too difficult to reveg.

After smoking some of the buds that I harvested early, my lady says that I MUST get clones from this plant. Her exact words were, "Fuck brick weed. I'll quit smoking. I ain't going back to that shit. I want some more of this!" :lol:

So, I left most of the fan leaves and puffy, little growths of bud on the bottom two-thirds (2/3) of the plant intact and placed it into the veg chamber. With the switch back to 18+ hrs. of light, hopefully I'll see new vegetative growth in a few weeks. :grin: :bongload:

Until then, I've still got the LST'd plant in flower. I've also got about a half dozen more bagseed sprouts that are a couple of weeks out of the ground now.

...this is turning into a perpetual accident.

(edit: I'll add pictures of the chopped plant and the new seedlings tomorrow. I'm tired.) :yawn:

--------------------

InvisibleHerbal

#426338 - 05/31/10 01:03 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Awesome turnout man, makes me anxious. What was the final harvested weight on stretch? Post those pictures you said you were going to, i would like to see if you could...

--------------------

Invisible13eetleJuice
The ghost with the most
Male

Re: I didn't mean to do this... [Re: Herbal]
    #426601 - 05/31/10 05:52 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Sorry, Herbal, I got busy and forgot to get pics of the harvested plant and seedlings a few days ago. Thanks for stopping by to remind me though!
Here they are, as promised. :smile:

She's been under 24hrs of light since harvest, about 5 days ago. I've tied her branches to bring them in tighter and closer together to save space under the minimal amount of light I have available.

And here are a couple of seedlings that I started a few weeks ago. Again, bag seed but, from a different bag this time.
These two came from seeds out of a bag of smoke that had an AWESOME stone. The buds were super dense and resembled some Kush varieties that I've smoked in the past.

The seedlings in this tray are from a potpourri of seeds that I have stashed, unlabeled, from multiple different bags of weed ..."life is like a bag o' weed. Ya never know whatcha gonna get." :shrug:

And here's a few snapshots of some of the dried buds curing in an air tight, take-out, salad bowl. Recycling FTW!

As for the weight, I have no idea. :shrug: I don't own a scale. I'd give it a smoker's estimate of 3/4oz. from the whole plant?

The buds are airy as fuck! No density AT ALL. Have we learned our lesson about CFL's today class? I will definitely be incorporating some form of high intensity lighting in my next attempt at flowering.

It's pretty decent smoke though; gets me higher than the brick weed I usually smoke on. It creeps on slow with a really nice soaring high that feels like you're on the come-up for the majority of the buzz.

I enjoy it and I'll take clones if the revegging is successful but, I'm also planting seeds because I want to see what else is out there. Damn, farming is fun! :happyweed:

--------------------

Invisible13eetleJuice
The ghost with the most
Male

#426608 - 05/31/10 06:04 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

78 Days of Flowering / Beginning of Week 11

This. plant. confuses. me.

All of the buds are sprouting rapid growths of mostly STEM from the central stem of the bud. The most rapid of these growths is generally on the apical tips of the buds. Calyxes and other bud matter are also forming but unfortunately the majority of the new growth, by mass, is stem.

Can anyone tell me what's happening here?

--------------------

Invisible13eetleJuice
The ghost with the most
Male

#426632 - 05/31/10 06:39 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Tentative theory:

The plant stalled due to a combination of over-fertilization, a possible salt build-up, and a probable pH imbalance in the soil, all of which were corrected with all of the flushing that I've been doing lately. With these growth limiting factors eliminated, perhaps the plant is rejuvenating from it's period of stalled growth ...in which case, perhaps I should give the plant some nutes since I've been starving it for a few weeks.

In any case, the new growth is all very yellowish-green so I've mixed up a light dose of flowering ferts.  Maybe this will help the plant produce more buds, less stalk. I dunno, I'm stumped.

For now, unless someone tells me otherwise, my plan is to fertilize lightly today and again on wednesday and then depending on how the plant looks by the end of the week, I may start flushing again. I really think I jumped the gun on the flushing the first time. Live and learn.

--------------------

Invisible13eetleJuice
The ghost with the most
Male

#426644 - 05/31/10 06:53 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Other Theory:

Light leaks, mistakes in the 12on/12off schedule, and/or other unknown stresses have caused to plant to revert back to the vegetative stage. In which case, perhaps I should harvest now, leaving a few buds behind to sprout new plant growth? Or does it just not fucking work like that?

--------------------

Invisiblebrifunforme
Card Holder. Not really

#426647 - 05/31/10 07:11 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

I would harvest that plant. It is ready to be I think. Continuous imbalances in the light schedule can cause the plant to act the way you are describing. I would say it is probably ready to meet your snips bud.

Invisible13eetleJuice
The ghost with the most
Male

#426793 - 06/01/10 01:59 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

That's all I needed to hear. :evil:

Harvest Pics!

As you can see, I left some of the bud on the plant because I'd like to try revegging. I wish I could have left more fan leaves on, but they were all attached to my largest buds and I wasn't fucking leaving those!

--------------------

OfflineSmOakland
Now with Grow!
Male User Gallery

Loc: Oaktown to NOLA
    #426982 - 06/01/10 06:09 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Dude, I would go ahead and snip those buds off too (or let them finish if they were not quite done yet).  I dont think that the photosynthesis that takes place in the buds will benefit the plant in terms of vegetative growth. You might also want to re-pot it so it is not root bound.

Invisiblebrifunforme
Card Holder. Not really

Re: I didn't mean to do this... [Re: SmOakland]
    #426990 - 06/01/10 06:15 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

SmOakland said:
Dude, I would go ahead and snip those buds off too (or let them finish if they were not quite done yet).  I dont think that the photosynthesis that takes place in the buds will benefit the plant in terms of vegetative growth. You might also want to re-pot it so it is not root bound.

If he snips those buds off, it looks like all that will be left is stem. That would NOT be able to reveg. Granted that seems like alot to leave on, but he will have a ton of tops to work with when it revegs.

When you reveg, you have to have some buds left on the plant to do so. Snipping off all the buds would stop it from revegging.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds