Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisible13eetleJuice
The ghost with the most
Male

Loc: 6' under fertalizing bud
250w CFL, Bagseed Accident (RE-VEGETATED) *Updated 7/8*
    #391346 - 03/28/10 05:05 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

The original introductory post was long-winded and I've decided to place it within a quotation frame and move it to the bottom of the post, saving it for nostalgic purposes and replacing it with all the particulars in a format that's easier to view at a glance.

GENETICS:
Bag seed. The buds were packed FULL of seeds. The 'high' wasn't that great; very mild.

GERMINATION:
The seeds were germinated on a plate between a wet paper towel. Germination rate: 100%. One dozen of the healthiest looking germinated seedlings were planted in a vermiculite-filled egg carton on 12/24/09 and then another dozen on 12/25/09.

VEGETATIVE GROWTH:
The seedlings were placed on top of my computer tower, by a window(in January), and underneath a single 23watt CFL where they received approximately 18 hours of light per day for their first several weeks of life.

Once pre-flowers emerged, I chose the healthiest females and moved them into a veg chamber, to begin training them underneath of a screen for a ScroG grow, where they received 24 hours of light per day for the next few weeks prior to initiating flowering. By this time, the lighting has been increased to six 23watt CFL's for 138 total watts.

FLOWERING:
Flowering was initiated on approximately 03/14/10 and after ten days one of the two females that had been chosen to fill out my screen started producing a few male flowers so I removed it from the garden. This left me with only one female growing beneath the screen which we later named 'Meowy Wowwy' and another female who was uncooperative in training and wanted to just grow straight upwards which I named 'Stretch Budstrong.' Later, when I remodeled my grow space, I eventually removed the screen altogether and chose to tie down individual branches as needed.

From here out, this first post will be updated with "highlights" of pictures throughout the flowering cycle. To find more detailed information, to track the evolution of the grow, or for more pictures please read the individual posts throughout the entire grow log as that is where I have chosen to record most of the relevant data.

+
+
+
+
+
# days of flowering?? ... I dunno, I haven't kept track. For the sake of this grow log I'll guess and call it:
FLOWERING DAY 14!

+
+
+
+
+
FLOWERING DAY 21 (I guess :shrug: :smirk:)

+
+
+
+
+
FLOWERING DAY 31 (approximately)

As you can see, I've built a new cabinet. Flowering chamber up to with mother's and clones below. I've also increased the lighting to 265 watts within the flowering chamber.

+
+
+
+
+
Special 4/20 Update (Approximately 36 Days of Flowering)

+
+
+
+
+
FLOWERING DAY 41

+
+
+
+
+
FLOWERING DAY 51(approx.)

"Meowy Wowwy" (LST)

"Stretch Budstrong"

+
+
+
+
+
FLOWERING DAY 63 Beginning of Week 9

I've spent the week flushing my plants and after a short halt in growth, they're back at it again. This time it looks like buds are forming on top of buds. Outgrowths of patches of fresh new calyx's are sprouting from the sides and all over existing bud growth. It's fun to watch, each day. :thumbup:

...and as you can see, I've got a few new arrivals. :vaped:

+
+
+
+
+
FLOWERING DAY 70 Beginning of Week 10

+
+
+
+
+
Harvest Pics Just the tall plant; LST still in flower.

+
+
+
+
+
FLOWERING DAY 78 Beginning of Week 11

+
+
+
+
+
HARVEST!

+
+
+
+
+
RE-VEGETATED!

+
+
+
+
+
Original Post: My accidental introduction.

Quote:

13eetleJuice said:
Hi all! First-time grower here, popping my cherry by accident. I never meant to make this grow log. Truth be told, I never intended to grow anything at all. I'm a smoker, not a grower.

Right around christmas time this past year, after reading the growery all month and feeling in that festive spirit, I decided to try my hand at germination ONLY. I merely wanted to germinate a few seeds. I was just going to throw them away no matter what the result, or so I thought at the time.

The seeds I chose to use were from a cheap bag and the high wasn't even all that great. The buds in this bag were FULL of seeds. I mean this stuff must have gotten pollinated REALLY early into flowering. I was bitching the entire time I was smoking it.

Well I tossed about 50 seeds onto a plate, sandwiched between a paper towel wet with tap water and set the plate on top of my computer tower. I checked on them from time to time and added water when necessary. It wasn't long before EVERY SEED produced a little root! I had read that generally you should expect 50% germination rate and I was experiencing 100%. "What does this mean?", I thought. Ahhh, what to do!?

So, I plant a dozen of the healthiest looking seeds in egg cartons (lids removed) filled with a 70/30 mix of moistened vermiculite and soil; One seed per half-egg-shaped vermiculite (cube?). I did this on christmas eve and again for another dozen on christmas day. I then placed the egg cartons on top of my computer tower and under a single 23w CFL (a lamp on the computer desk).

Fast forward to pre-flowers! I watered the vermiculite/soil cubes daily and in a few weeks my little seedlings were ranging from 6" to 12" tall and beautiful. Pre-flowers were now beginning to show and I was elated each time I saw another plant exhibit a pistillated calyx. First one female, then two, then five, then ten. EVERY plant is female! Ahhh, what to do!? "This can't go on any longer," I think to myself. "I can't grow weed!"

Inevitably, I chose the best six or eight plants and transplanted them into dixie cups. As a potting medium I chose to use a bag of potting soil that had been sitting under my porch for at least the past several years (What? I wasn't gonna spend any money on this experiment, hehe.) I'm not sure which brand it was as the plastic bag itself seemed to be biodegrading and fell apart wherever I touched it.

I shoveled the dirt into my bucket, picking out the clumps of dead roots that had grow into and throughout the bag from the nearby weeds and grasses of years past, I assume. The dirt was dark, very dark, black and stained the skin of my hands even when just slightly tilling it. Now I don't know if this is a good or a bad thing but I thought, "Fuck it, I'm an experiment!"

Now some of my plants seemed to be tall and lanky, others shorter and bushier, while some just looked weak or runted. I chose the best plants for my chosen needs as by this time I had just finished making the screen that I would use for my first ScroG GROW!!

I transplanted the short bushy plants into 1 gallon containers and discarded the rest (that was so fucking unbelievably hard.)

A few weeks into flowering now and my best female just went herm on me so I chopped it down. I'm left with one nice female that is filling out my screen and one female that I'm letting grow straight up in a 14"x14"x48" tall cabinet.

For vegging I used a constant 24h of light per day, switching to 12/12 for flowering.

I've been having a tough time with temperatures. Unfortunately, it ranges from 86-92F whenever the lights are on.

I fed the plant MiracleGro tomato fertilizer 18-18-21 during the veg cycle (it's what I had around the house :shrug:). Now that I'm into flowering and planning on seeing this thing through to the end I've purchased Schultz Plant Food Plus 10-15-10 (hardly a step up, I know.)

The screen for the ScroG cabinet is a weave of fishing line, forming 2x2in. squares.

Lighting & Air (ScroG cabinet)
6 x 23w 2700k CFL's, 1 x 17w 6500k Florescent Tube
1 x Holmes Air Purifier with homemade activated carbon filter cartridge to scrub smells
1 x 5in. fan to circulate air across ballasts and upper vegetation
1 x 10in. exhaust fan to pull air out of the cabinet.

Lighting & Air (Tall Cabinet)
4x 23w 2700k CFL's
1 x Holmes Air Purifier to circulate air.

Total Cost so far, less electricity = $25 for the activated carbon, Schultz plant food, and a pH Test Kit which included pH Up & Dn. Everything else I've had lying around the house. :shrug:

So that's about it, I guess. I know you guys seem to enjoy grow journals but, I must apologize as I seem to have written a grow novel. I just hope I don't get sent to prison for posting this shit on the fucking internet!

Edited by 13eetleJuice (07/08/10 05:54 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblemhbound
Ballin out at all cost
Male User Gallery

Loc: High Flag
Re: I didn't mean to do this... [Re: 13eetleJuice]
    #391378 - 03/28/10 05:31 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

you arent going to prison

the police dont use the internet very much...too dumb, and their sticky fingers from the donuts keep them from being efficient on the net

thats why drug dealers use the internet and the mail to sell drugs

looks good though :thumbup:

--------------------
Suck my balls America

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Loc: Nepal Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #391518 - 03/28/10 06:55 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

LOL dude what the fucking fuck? you did that on accident? Man those bitches are BEAUTIFUL! If I was near you in real life right now I'd totally give you a hug.

fucking sweet looking. I'm cracking up so hard right now that you did that completely on accident

--------------------

InvisibleFarBeyondDriven
Truthfully, I'm a bullshitter
Male User Gallery

Loc: Greenbow, Alabama
Re: I didn't mean to do this... [Re: Harry_Ba11sach]
    #391740 - 03/28/10 08:57 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Yeah no shit, :rofl:

"Officer, it was TOTALLY on accident, like seriously dude."

:rofl:

Looks good though man, keep gettin it.  You're doing something right.

--------------------

Invisible13eetleJuice
The ghost with the most
Male

#394413 - 04/02/10 02:22 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Wow, the plant that I'm growing straight up has stretched a shit ton in four days! It doesn't fit in the cab anymore! Ahhh, what to do!?
...obviously, I'm going to have to build a bigger cab tomorrow. I mean, at this point, that's all I really can do. :shrug: :bonghit:

The ScroG is doing great, imo, but what do I know? I'm just wingin' it over here.

I've counted at least 30 separate budsites coming off of either the main stem or primary branches. I hope that's what they're called, at least. I'll make that my task for tomorrow on my smoke break. Learn dope nomenclature!

I don't know how many hours I've wasted just gazing at my plants, haha! I'm so excited; and are those trichomes I see in that second picture!?

She's a cam-whore :shrug:

--------------------

OfflineDungenessDank
Lord of the Flies

Loc: PNW
    #394477 - 04/02/10 09:02 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

That plant is nicely scroged for your first time man :thumbup:

Your plants all look green and healthy to me, keep it up and you should be smoking your own sweet sweet buds in no time. :awesome:

OfflineDieselB
High Watt Closet
Male

#394478 - 04/02/10 09:03 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Doing great so far, yes, those are trichomes in that picture. Keep an eye on 'em, they'll be growing.

--------------------
If you ain't smokin' dro, you're smokin' reggie. :shrug:

Invisible13eetleJuice
The ghost with the most
Male

Re: I didn't mean to do this... [Re: DieselB]
    #396676 - 04/05/10 07:51 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

FLOWERING DAY 21 (I guess :shrug: :smirk:)

I built... err, fabricated?? umm, I threw together a new cabinet, wallpapered with a stack of printer paper and elmer's glue for the flat white win, kindergarten-style boiiyyyyy!

Other than that, the ScroG's coming along nicely, I think. :grin:

--------------------

Edited by 13eetleJuice (04/06/10 10:57 AM)

Invisible13eetleJuice
The ghost with the most
Male

#397026 - 04/06/10 12:09 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Last night after posting the update, I decided to trim a couple of the lowest branches from the standing plant (I'm gonna have to name these damn things :facepalm:). These small, weak looking shoots off of the main stem were starting to lighten in color, yellowing slighting.

I assume the plant was cutting off nutes to the area because of lack of light? No wait, I don't assume shit. I don't know what it was doing but it looked like they were following the pattern of elder fan leaves that I've observed yellowing and falling off.

Anyways, I decided it needed a trim and thought I'd try my hand at cloning. I know that my plants are in flower but, I was just gonna throw these away anyhow so... Yeah, I'm bored so here goes nothing.

I used Schultz Take Root, rooting hormone (a powder). I planted the hormone coated stems into straight vermiculite, trimmed the leaves, then placed them under inverted Solo cups for humidity.

I don't actually expect to see them take root but, I didn't expect any of this so far. :shrug:

--------------------

OfflineDieselB
High Watt Closet
Male

#398067 - 04/07/10 10:29 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

I have seen some that use nothing on their cuttings and have damn good results, considering. I bet they'll root for ya, just mist 'em here and there and they should do fine.

--------------------
If you ain't smokin' dro, you're smokin' reggie. :shrug:

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
Re: I didn't mean to do this... [Re: DieselB]
    #398397 - 04/08/10 04:42 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Yah, taking rootings from a flowering plant is not the best idea, but it can work.

--------------------

MFDoom666: sobriety kills my buzz every time.

OfflineTrueHerbCrystal
Uncertified Oregrowian
Male User Gallery

Loc: Emerald City Flag
    #398717 - 04/09/10 02:13 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Wow, I wish I would of found this Grow Journal earlier....very nice dude. I really like your set-up inside that modified cabinet....and only 150watts for that big ass plant? That's gusty....

And it looks a lot my plant. In fact, we are almost on the *exact* same day of flowering....in other words, our plants are flowering together! Mines on Flowering Day 20 (Started March 20).

I wonder which will finish first, yours or mine. I think it will be a race...wanna bet on who will win?....what's the scheduled date of flowering?  I guess it could be on the Main Post, I better check....

Edit: I just realized your the "It was an accident" guy....that was funny...:lol: You should of left the title! Or was it a April Fools joke? If so, nice! :thumbup: If not, double nice! :thumbup::thumbup:

Looking forward to this one.... :sunny:
~ TrueHerbCrystal ~

Invisible13eetleJuice
The ghost with the most
Male

Re: I didn't mean to do this... [Re: TrueHerbCrystal]
    #398948 - 04/09/10 03:43 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

TrueHerbCrystal said:
only 150watts for that big ass plant?

Yeah, I don't want to raise my electric bill too much. I'm poor.

Quote:

TrueHerbCrystal said:
That's gusty....

Gutsy*?

Quote:

TrueHerbCrystal said:
wanna bet on who will win?

I have nothing to wager.

Quote:

TrueHerbCrystal said:
what's the scheduled date of flowering?

Sorry, I don't understand your question. If perhaps you're asking when I think the plant will be ready for harvest, I have no idea. It's just bag seed. :shrug:

Quote:

TrueHerbCrystal said:
was it a April Fools joke?

Nope... so, I take these two (:thumbup::thumbup:) then? :beetlejuice:

--------------------

OfflineTrueHerbCrystal
Uncertified Oregrowian
Male User Gallery

#399057 - 04/09/10 08:28 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

All fair answers!

Sorry I insulted your 150 watt set-up. I didn't mean to say it was a bad choice, I was just curious on your choice in watts. I forgot there are other compounding factors when people set-up their grows. My bad 13eetleJuice.

But Since you Scogged instead the standard "just grow it" approach (like i did), my bet is that the lighting will be sufficient....

As for the bet, it was not for money, just for fun, like "who will it be" bet. My bet is on your plant: it looks more developed. And with the Scogged, me think its going to accelerate the flowering because of the improved focused lighting of yours....

I see you're doing bagseed, again, another one of my wrong assumptions....

And you definitely deserves those 2 :thumbup::thumbup:. Beautiful growing. I love that training you did on that flowering one: very professional and well-guided. Is this your first time doing a Scrog grow?

Whatever the case, I'm impressed! I'm taking notes on how to improve mine from yours....

Keep up that Good Work. :smile2::thumbup::thumbup:
~ TrueHerbCrystal ~

Invisible13eetleJuice
The ghost with the most
Male

#399407 - 04/10/10 05:58 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

26 Days of Flowering

Not that I really needed another update in just five days but, I'm fucking stoked people!! I'm growing herb in my closet!!! FUCK YEAH!

How's it looking guys? Do you think it's still doing good for 26 days in or is the my lack of light starting to show in the plant growth now? I've tried to compare with pictures of other peoples logs but, I just don't have an eye for it yet. :shrug:

Well, enough talk; here's my plant!

--------------------

InvisibleDrGreenThumb
Male User Gallery

Loc: Phish Tour Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #399421 - 04/10/10 06:59 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Damn 13eetle, if this was a mistake/accident then you need many more of them!

I can see the where the lack of light is inhibiting fatty nugs. You should do OK though. I'm very impressed.

A 400W is like an extra $10-20 on the light bill. I barely notice it and electricity rates here are some of the highest in the nation. If you can do that with a 150W then you should consider upgrading.

You're gonna be a very happy camper in the near future. After you smoke your own weed you won't look back. I eat this shit up. :munchies:

--------------------
“Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.” -Dr. Seuss

Invisible13eetleJuice
The ghost with the most
Male

Re: I didn't mean to do this... [Re: DrGreenThumb]
    #399427 - 04/10/10 07:15 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

I was afraid you'd say something like that.

I agree though, with all the extra fans that I'm having to run just to keep six low-watt CFL ballasts barely under 90F I think I could go with a small HPS bulb in a home-made cool tube and come out about the same on the electric bill.

If this grow continues to go well through till the end I may just upgrade for next time... wait, NEXT TIME!? Ahhh!!! No, no, no! :nono: I'm NOT a grower! :banghead: Not even an accident farmer!!

Yeah, so... I guess I'm in the market for an HPS system now. :facepalm: :lol:
CFL's are a gateway drug!

--------------------

InvisibleDrGreenThumb
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #399436 - 04/10/10 07:28 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

13eetleJuice said:
CFL's are a gateway drug!

:rofldrunk:

Quote:

13eetleJuice said:
... wait, NEXT TIME!? Ahhh!!! No, no, no! :nono: I'm NOT a grower! :banghead: Not even an accident farmer!!

The first hit is always free mofo. Welcome to the club. Better make a list. :devilslist:

--------------------
“Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.” -Dr. Seuss

Invisible13eetleJuice
The ghost with the most
Male

Re: I didn't mean to do this... [Re: DrGreenThumb]
    #402208 - 04/15/10 07:53 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

I've spent the past few days working tirelessly to build a half-way respectable grow cabinet for my new hobby. :nono: :grin:

Here's a shot of the whole closet with the curtain pulled back and the flowering cabinet closed. The lower portion which I have yet to install doors, will be my veg chamber for mothers and clones.

The door is hinged at the top and propped open with a metal rod. :shrug:

This is my makeshift veg chamber for The Lone Clone. I plan to enclose this one just as the one above, I just have to find the time. :sigh:

This plant had been previously trained for a ScroG grow but since this is the only suitably ScroG-able female to mature, I have removed the screen. With just one plant, it's much easier for me to tie down individual branches LST-style than to deal with a screen.

Stretch Budstrong here keeps outgrowing every damn cabinet I build before I can even get the finishing touches on it. I've still got clearance enough to raise the light another 12 inches, but if it grows more than that I'll just have to bend it over I suppose. I never topped this plant. I suppose I should have. Is it too late to do so now or will it likely stop growing on it's own soon? It's only in a 1 gallon plastic jug.

As you can see I've still got a lot of work to do. My next endeavor will be to cover the walls with some reflective surface. I'm not sure what I'll use yet. I'd buy some mylar but, yeah I'm not working and the wife is putting her paycheck towards the bills so... I might be wall-papering with printer paper and kiddie glue again!!

More updates soon!

--------------------

Edited by 13eetleJuice (04/15/10 08:28 PM)

Invisiblemhbound
Ballin out at all cost
Male User Gallery

#402486 - 04/16/10 06:31 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

amazing work dude, especially since its your first grow and that came by accident

--------------------
Suck my balls America

OfflineDephect

Folding@home Statistics
Re: I didn't mean to do this... [Re: mhbound]
    #402674 - 04/16/10 10:37 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

mhbound said:
you arent going to prison

the police dont use the internet very much...too dumb, and their sticky fingers from the donuts keep them from being efficient on the net

thats why drug dealers use the internet and the mail to sell drugs
:thumbup:

Word to that.

This is nice for a first grow man :smile:

You can tie that plant down that keeps stretching

I would not recommend topping a plant in flowering. Even though it still has some stretching to do, it will probably not grow back and cut yields.

Invisible13eetleJuice
The ghost with the most
Male

Re: I didn't mean to do this... [Re: Dephect]
    #402727 - 04/16/10 12:54 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

I didn't have much time for pics last night; I was dead tired. So, I woke up this morning and got some nice tasty bud shots. "I'm in love with Mary Jane..."!

--------------------

OfflineTrueHerbCrystal
Uncertified Oregrowian
Male User Gallery

#402951 - 04/16/10 07:09 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Looking good 13ettle!

I love that dense foliage...a lot better than mine...my are stretching too much I think....

How much watts you got them under for Flowering? And what spectrum? Is it only 2,700K?

Nonetheless, looking pretty! :thumbsup:
~ TrueHerbCrystal ~

Offlinehopanshrubman
The Rabble Rouser

#402961 - 04/16/10 08:07 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Damn dude lookin good! Gives me hope in my CFL efforts hahaha :]

Keep it up, you'll be smokin some dank in no time. What kind of nutrients do you got them on?

OfflineTrueHerbCrystal
Uncertified Oregrowian
Male User Gallery

Re: I didn't mean to do this... [Re: hopanshrubman]
    #402962 - 04/16/10 08:12 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

I would like to know too....13ettles budz kinda look like mine right now, but he's are denser than mines :sad:

At least he's doing something good!

Good Job B.J.
:thumbup:
~ TrueHerbCrystal ~

Invisible13eetleJuice
The ghost with the most
Male

#402966 - 04/16/10 08:21 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

TrueHerbCrystal said:
Looking good 13ettle!

I love that dense foliage...a lot better than mine...my are stretching too much I think....

How much watts you got them under for Flowering? And what spectrum? Is it only 2,700K?

~ TrueHerbCrystal ~

Thanks THC :smile: In my ghetto light bar I have:
5x 26w
4x 23w
2x 13w
Total: 248w /2 plants 125w per plant

And yep, all bulbs are 2,700K. I previously had the LST'd plant also under a little 17 watt light in the 7800K spectrum but I've since moved it down below for The Lone Clone Project. :smirk:

--------------------

OfflineTrueHerbCrystal
Uncertified Oregrowian
Male User Gallery

#402968 - 04/16/10 08:29 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

13eetleJuice said:
Quote:

TrueHerbCrystal said:
Looking good 13ettle!

~ TrueHerbCrystal ~

Thanks THC :smile: In my ghetto light bar I have:
5x 26w
4x 23w
2x 13w
Total: 248w /2 plants 125w per plant

Wow, thats a cool set-up for your CFL's.....

And look at the striking difference between the Scrogged/LST plant and the untrained one....damn! Its like night and day! I should of trained mine....:nonono: It looks so cool as that short bonsai tree girl! Next time for me, definitely....

How come you only trained one? Was it an accident? Or was the trained girl an accident too? :wink:

I like those sockets you got...for mine, I had to use an adapter, which are expensive ($2.50 each). How much were those socket/cord combos?

Looking great 13.J.
~ TrueHerbCrystal ~

Invisible13eetleJuice
The ghost with the most
Male

#402974 - 04/16/10 08:38 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

hopanshrubman said:
What kind of nutrients do you got them on?

Haha, here comes a hella-detailed answer to a simple query but, the wife is working the long shift today and I'm bored as fuck so here's a pictorial. Don't let the flare fool ya though. I'm NOT recommending these products; they're just what was free in once case and cheap in another.

This I used for the few times I fertilized during veg. It's what I had around the house from growing tomatoes years past.

Once I decided I was going to go ahead and flower these things I picked this up at Home Depot one day for a couple of bucks.

--------------------

OfflineDungenessDank
Lord of the Flies

#402978 - 04/16/10 08:40 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Schultz is :thumbup: compared to miracle grow

Invisible13eetleJuice
The ghost with the most
Male

#402979 - 04/16/10 08:42 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

TrueHerbCrystal said:
How come you only trained one?
How much were those socket/cord combos?

I tried training them both but one wasn't very cooperative. :evil:

I had the sockets in a drawer in my workshop; the cords I acquired from various broken or less than desired electrically powered pieces of shit from around the abode here. :lol:

--------------------

OfflineGANJA_FAHMA
WANTED: Lowrider Beans!!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pacific Ocean
    #404091 - 04/20/10 08:44 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

This shit almost inspires my to start my journal! Taking a seat to a show like this is almost as entertaining as a live sex show in Amsterdam! ok... maybe not quit the same but it's keeping me on my toes for sure. Good job bro! Let me if you wanna try a few quality bag seeds from my neck of the woods. Actually it's more like coconut trees and shit but you get the picture. LoL!

--------------------
Da Tree Amiga's!!!

Mango-Hawaiian Punch -Northern Lights X

and a few other suprises!  COMING SOON....

:advisory:

Invisible13eetleJuice
The ghost with the most
Male

Re: I didn't mean to do this... [Re: GANJA_FAHMA]
    #404482 - 04/21/10 01:14 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Not too much has changed in the past five days.

I lined most of the inside of my cabinet with a double layer of printer paper. The added reflectiveness brightens up the space to my eyes, however considering the inverse square law and knowing that I'm using 23watt CFL's, I'm not sure if it matters a whole lot to the plants.

I gave them both a really good flushing on the 19th. The plants are in 1 gallon sized pots so I flushed with 2 gallons of straight tap water each. I then gave another half gallon each of water fortified with the recommended strength of Shultz 10-15-10. To this mix I also added one teaspoon of generic pancake syrup.

I don't have blackstrap molasses around the house and well, the pancake syrup is basically jsut corn syrup, high fructose corn syrup, 2% maple syrup & some other additives and preservatives. At any rate I don't think I added enough to help OR hurt the plant. I just felt like playing ghetto gardener. :shrug:

Oh and we've finally decided on names for the plants. After looking at some of the macro pictures and seeing all the cat hair on the buds, my fiancé has dubbed the LST'd plant, 'Meowy Wowwy' and I'm still calling the tall girl, 'Stretch Budstrong.'

That's about it. I just wanted to do a 4/20 update so I snapped a bunch pics before I turned the lights out on them tonight.

I tried not to overdo it with the pictures at first but, I can't help myself. Sorry to those on slow connections. :shrug: I'm in love. :heart: :love:

Canopy Shots of 'Meowy Wowwy':
I've counted 27 or 28 bud sites on the top of the canopy. Many of those in the center of the bush are smaller popcorn buds but the ones on the perimeter are all healthy.

The tall girl, 'Stretch Budstrong':
The main cola is finally starting to take shape.

Meowy's Buds:
I hope these fatten up!

Macro:
In these close-ups you can really see the cat hair I was talking about.

Art?:
I was having fun with the camera. :smile:

Thanks for watching!

--------------------

InvisibleDrGreenThumb
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #404502 - 04/21/10 05:49 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Looking great! Brings back memories of my first indoor grow. The first was my best so far (as far as the plants looked anyway, not yield). But that's all about to change.

I must compliment you on the pic quality. It's good to have people here growing that know how to take respectable pics. :thumbup:

--------------------

InvisibleHerbal

#404807 - 04/21/10 06:37 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Wow, looks great, makes me very enthusiastic about setting up my new light setup. These kind of grow logs give me a smile to look forward to. I almost started out the same way, told myself i would never grow, well what the hell a couple germinated seeds can't hurt anything... then you are balls deep in excitement finding yourself at homedepot or reading on the growery everyday:tongue2:.

Anyway man, Good job, you are very creative in your setup, i like it. If you were to invest a bit more you would be an exceptional grower, which you already are given the means. :thumbup::thumbup:

--------------------

Invisible13eetleJuice
The ghost with the most
Male

Re: I didn't mean to do this... [Re: Herbal]
    #406379 - 04/25/10 12:42 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Here's some quick pics for the 40 Days of Flowering update. I may take a few more tomorrow before I update the first post.

Wide-angle shot of the cabinet

Stretch's main cola... meh

LST canopy

Damn, that's a lot of zip-ties

Meowy's buds are having another growth spurt right now. I can see them growing by the day and it's fucking AWESOME! I love growing weed! :evil:

--------------------

OfflineTrueHerbCrystal
Uncertified Oregrowian
Male User Gallery

#406383 - 04/25/10 01:19 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Wow, I love your journal....night and day between the LST and the Regular one....wow!

Soo cool to see them side-by-side...they are like 2 different plants! Man, I really got to do that next time....

I mean look at this...

Blow my mind....amazing what a little human intervention can do to a plant....

I guess I'll get lots of smaller budz on mine instead a solid one like those LST's....can't wait to see them done....

And all those zip-ties! Why are they tied downward? That confuses me...is that because you "missed" the wire screen below?

Beautiful thus far.... :eek:
~ TrueHerbCrystal ~

Edited by TrueHerbCrystal (04/25/10 03:23 AM)

InvisibleHerbal

#406405 - 04/25/10 03:12 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Beetle, does it feel like fungi growers get the natural jump on growing cannabis or is it just me? Anyway I have been watching your grow man, I can only imagine... I bet every morning it's almost like christmas seeing what's under the tree, in this case what the tree looks like. Shit i get excited with my 8" plants in vegetation 1 month, lol.

I am a noob too but i think his zip ties are to hold bud sites down that are stretching higher than the other bud sites, keeping them all horizontal with each other, not sure just what i can see.

I have a question for ya Beetle, Is that small pete gravel on the surface of your soil? And does this just help retain the soils placement so when you water it doesn't pool up and wash out? Always wondered this and i have seen perlite as well. I can see perlite almost doing the same thing and creating more RH for the plant as well as reflection, but also just an assumption... I have never grown cannabis until now :shrug:.

Oh by the way check out my new light setup Beetle, i built a reflector setup and am now using lights setup on powerstrips, really directs the light like i was imagining it would :thumbup:.

p.s. I really love the different look of the two plants, I kind of have the same thing going on. My one plant is nearly twice as high but doesn't stretch nearly as wide as the other one. Interesting how different these plants can grow given the same feeding/lighting/watering tables, Although these two are different strains and yours are a training, still cool.

--------------------

Edited by Herbal (04/25/10 01:10 PM)

Invisible13eetleJuice
The ghost with the most
Male

#406760 - 04/26/10 02:42 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Yeah, I think if you've grown the mush successfully a few times it is indeed a good primer especially with the importance of sanitation and attention to details in that hobby.

The zip ties are attached to the main stems, anchoring them to a grate underneath the plant and just like Herbal said, it keeps my canopy nice and even so that I can stack books under the plant and really get it close to the light. I've probably been keeping it too close tbh; within an inch or two for a major portion of each day. :shrug: I'm learning.

That's perlite, stained by black soil. The soil is a fine powder almost. Each time I water, more soil gets flushed down deeper into and out of the bottom of the pot to some extent, leaving buoyant perlite pellets to float and then eventually settle onto the surface. It's completely unintentional but, it's what I had to work with at the time.

Sure thing, I'll have a look at your setup. I'll check it out in the morning with my coffee. It's 4:40am and this stoner is going to bed tonight, lol. :smile:

--------------------

Invisiblejuke adro
I hate fat vaginas
 User Gallery

Loc: Québec
    #406761 - 04/26/10 03:29 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Love it :awebig:

Damn, that's a lot of zip-ties

--------------------

I eat animals and most things that live in the sea, I'm not green but I smoke it and I litter to keep cunts like you in a job so fuck off.

OfflineDephect

Folding@home Statistics
Re: I didn't mean to do this... [Re: juke adro]
    #406845 - 04/26/10 10:48 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Zip ties are among duct tape as far as handiness goes. There are so many uses!

Looking good.

Invisible13eetleJuice
The ghost with the most
Male

#412371 - 05/05/10 08:58 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Approximately 51 Days Flowering

I've been feeding with an organic tea mix that I made by soaking a sock filled with rich, dark, organic matter in a 5 gallon bucket of water for 2 days in the sun.

I've fed the two plants each a half gallon of tea over the past 10 days during the course of 3 feedings.

To compensate for the extra nutrients, I lowered the concentration of shultz liquid fertilizer added to my normal tap water by 75% (7 drops/gal. instead of 28 drops/gal.)

Many fan leaves on both plants have gone yellow and fallen off. It's always the lowest and usually largest (because they're oldest I guess) fan leaves that are discarded. The new leaves that have formed block too much light for them to be usable by the plant I suppose.

I've had a minor problem with burnt leaf tips throughout the grow but now it's starting to get worse and is showing up prominently on new growth, something that hasn't happened before. Previously I had attributed this to heat stress as it is generally 86 degrees inside the cabinet when the lights are on. Sometimes it creeps up to 90 and on a rare couple of days it's gotten as high as 95 but that was a few weeks ago.

IDK, It may not have anything to do with the heat. I'm going to get a soil ph tester tomorrow or maybe the next day when I'm in town. Maybe that will reveal the culprit.

Or perhaps that damn tea I made was too 'hot'. If the problem continues or worsens over the next two or three days, would flushing them again be recommended?

Also, to anyone following this grow log, after looking at the progression of the grow can anyone estimate a very rough harvest date? Looking at the trichomes with my 10x loupe, they appear to be mostly clear to cloudy to my untrained eye. Any guesses would be greatly appreciated.

I'm fairly certain that I'm not going to be able to judge the time correctly which will probably mean the plants won't get flushed for the full two weeks that they should. I gotta learn somehow. :grin:

Approximately 51 Days Flowering

"Meowy Wowwy" (LST)

"Stretch Budstrong"

--------------------

Offlinehopanshrubman
The Rabble Rouser

#412435 - 05/05/10 11:16 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

That LST'd plant looks friggin delicious. Actually, of those plants look delish.

Great work man! Keep the pics cominnnnnnnnnnnnggggggg!

Offlinecreep 1nc
Stranger

#412563 - 05/05/10 03:16 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

I need to start at the beginning and read this thread, looks awesome!

--------------------
. Creeps bagseed! 1st grow ever

Invisiblejuke adro
I hate fat vaginas
 User Gallery

#412603 - 05/05/10 04:53 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Look out harry.... beetle man is coming for you potm lol

--------------------

I eat animals and most things that live in the sea, I'm not green but I smoke it and I litter to keep cunts like you in a job so fuck off.

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #412607 - 05/05/10 04:55 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

:lol: I've actually never won POTM, but I'm fine with that. I love seeing all the fantastic pictures on this site, so I love some competition :smile:

--------------------

Invisiblejuke adro
I hate fat vaginas
 User Gallery

#412709 - 05/05/10 08:51 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

It will be a good one no questions asked.

--------------------

Invisible13eetleJuice
The ghost with the most
Male

#413059 - 05/06/10 12:30 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

After posting in the Doctor's Diagnosis forum, m3kgt informed me that I've got classic nute burn going on what with the curled, brown leaf tips. It's been a problem throughout the life cycle of the plant on old growth, but it's just recently begun to appear on new growth.

I only had a few hours in the daylight cycle remaining when I checked the reply, nevertheless I flushed them with as much water as I could in the remaining few hours. Each pot got about one and a half times it's volume; not nearly enough.

This morning the soil is still very moist; should I chance trying to flush it some more so soon?

What am I risking, if anything, by flushing again today?

Should I give the soil a day to dry out a bit and flush the plants tomorrow instead?

--------------------

Invisible13eetleJuice
The ghost with the most
Male

#419075 - 05/16/10 08:16 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Approximately Day 63 of Flowering / Beginning of Week 9

I've spent the week flushing my plants and after a short halt in growth, they're back at it again. This time it looks like buds are forming on top of buds. Outgrowths of patches of fresh new calyx's are sprouting from the sides and all over existing bud growth. It's fun to watch, each day. :thumbup:

Also, as you can see, I've removed most of the zip ties. The inner "popcorn" buds were closer to the light than the main outer growth tips for awhile and that jacked up the hormones and made the little inner buds take off and grow. After I realized my mistake, I removed the straps and now the main bud sites are once again arched up above and receiving the highest intensity of light.

...and as you can see, I've got a few new arrivals. :vaped:

--------------------

Invisiblemhbound
Ballin out at all cost
Male User Gallery

#419078 - 05/16/10 08:19 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

hell yea theys about ready

this thread makes me smile...ACCIDENT

--------------------
Suck my balls America

OfflineDungenessDank
Lord of the Flies

#419089 - 05/16/10 08:42 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Looking excellent man. This has POTM written all over it :yesnod:

Invisible13eetleJuice
The ghost with the most
Male

Re: I didn't mean to do this... [Re: DungenessDank]
    #419106 - 05/16/10 09:10 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Thanks for the kind comments, guys. :blush:

I'm sure if you remember your first grows you must know how I absolutely ACHE to smoke these bitches! Their smell is strange to me. It smells skunky but, at the same time has this pungent, sweet almost fruity smell. :awesome:

Haven't seen the first amber trichome yet though... :sad: but, that's a good thing I suppose. Just means there will be more to smoke when they do get finished. :evil:

--------------------

Invisiblemhbound
Ballin out at all cost
Male User Gallery

#419108 - 05/16/10 09:11 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

its close from looking at the pistolsss

--------------------
Suck my balls America

Invisible13eetleJuice
The ghost with the most
Male

#420000 - 05/18/10 03:58 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Seeing as how it's getting close and all... and, seeing as how I don't have anything to smoke on right now...

You know where I'm going with this...  Do I risk any reasonable harm to the remainder of plant by doing some mild early harvesting of some of the lower tiny bud sites, anyone?

--------------------

OfflineDungenessDank
Lord of the Flies

#420001 - 05/18/10 04:00 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

The purist will :cryariver:

But a nigga's gotta get stoned somehow :justdontknow:

Offlinecreep 1nc
Stranger

Re: I didn't mean to do this... [Re: DungenessDank]
    #420006 - 05/18/10 04:08 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

being how some folks harvest their plants in stages I would say no harm would be done, this is done by friends as a way of sampling their plants

--------------------

Invisible13eetleJuice
The ghost with the most
Male

Re: I didn't mean to do this... [Re: creep 1nc]
    #420024 - 05/18/10 05:07 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

<--- currently manicuring buds. Fucking sweet.

I stole a few from the tall plant. I'm not bothered. They're just tiny little things that have been too far from my pitiful little CFL's to do anything. Well, they'll get me stoned tonight. :bongload:

--------------------

Invisible13eetleJuice
The ghost with the most
Male

#420058 - 05/18/10 06:08 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Green, right off the tree, this bud is way less harsh than the dried brick weed I usually smoke on. Doesn't takes like weed though. I'm guessing that's because it's green. Tastes like I smoked a fucking rose garden up in here.

The buzz feels pretty good now. At first it felt like I was thinking about it too hard to figure out if I was stoned or not but now I'm fucked. Before I smoked a bowl i Felt like making this post and now I just wanna go lay down on the couch.

Peace. :bonghit:

--------------------

Invisiblemhbound
Ballin out at all cost
Male User Gallery

#420059 - 05/18/10 06:09 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

oh yea getting close. its good?

yea its good

--------------------
Suck my balls America

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #420066 - 05/18/10 06:19 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

well I think those buds definitely still need a week or two, but hey more power to ya if you're needing a smoke!

Congrats on your first harvest :thumbup:

--------------------

Invisible13eetleJuice
The ghost with the most
Male

#422074 - 05/22/10 01:20 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Bad news: Bugs!

Ahhhhh!!! :banghead:

edit: I've found three of them so far.

--------------------

Edited by 13eetleJuice (05/22/10 04:32 PM)

Invisiblebrifunforme
Card Holder. Not really
    #422103 - 05/22/10 02:04 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

13eetleJuice said:

I'm sure if you remember your first grows you must know how I absolutely ACHE to smoke these bitches! Their smell is strange to me. It smells skunky but, at the same time has this pungent, sweet almost fruity smell. :awesome:

Haven't seen the first amber trichome yet though... :sad: but, that's a good thing I suppose. Just means there will be more to smoke when they do get finished. :evil:

It smells kinda like pineapple and wet gym socks damnit, Im your neighbor. Get a carbon scrubber, shit!

Seriously tho, it's amazing what you can grow from a bag of midi nugs jam packed with seeds isn't it? It's like some commercial grower out there grows some really dank stuff and just pollinates every damned pistil the plant has just to add weight. Good job man, its amazing that all CFLs :thumbup:

OfflineEpoo
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: Arkansas
Re: I didn't mean to do this... [Re: brifunforme]
    #422186 - 05/22/10 06:01 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

I think you have a really nice setup my man!:cool:

Invisible13eetleJuice
The ghost with the most
Male

Re: I didn't mean to do this... [Re: Epoo]
    #422655 - 05/23/10 03:25 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

70 Days of Flowering / Beginning of Week 10

I obviously don't know for sure but, I'm beginning to doubt that these plants are close to finishing.  It appears to me that new calyces are forming on the buds at a faster rate now than has been witnessed at any previous time during the flowering cycle.

Evidence:

(Notice the rapid, new growth of calyces, stacked vertically, literally one on top of another. Seventy-five percent of the buds are displaying this type of growth.)

(The remaining twenty-five percent of the buds look like this, swelling with multiple patches of growth rather than one point of linear growth along the stem-line.)

Now I thought the calyces were supposed to all be mostly formed by now and swelling with sexual frustration and, to some extent I see this happening on older portions of the buds. They are beginning to harden to the touch and feel more like pine cones, less like rose buds.

Yet, this rapid explosion of growth this week confuses me. Am I just ignorant? Is this the way it's supposed to happen? :shrug: I'm hunting amber trichs daily, muahaha, I wanna smoke this shit! :grin: You can bet I'll be sure to you know when I find one. :smirk:

Thanks for watching!

--------------------

Invisible13eetleJuice
The ghost with the most
Male

#422691 - 05/23/10 04:14 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

13eetleJuice said:

I obviously don't know for sure but, I'm beginning to doubt that these plants are close to finishing.  It appears to me that new calyces are forming on the buds at a faster rate now than has been witnessed at any previous time during the flowering cycle.

The more I look at it, the more it's beginning to appear that there's more STEM growing than anything...  could it be that my plants are going back into veg? :oogle:

Confession: I don't actually have a working timer so I've been flipping the lights manually. As you might imagine there have been a few "mistakes" where the lights got left on for 20-30 minutes too long. Not often but,... there was an incident recently.

Whatcha think? Is it possible, probable?

What do I do now? I wanted to reveg anyways to get clones...  should I harvest the majority now then put the plant back into 18+ hour lighting?

Or, do I let it continue to flower? Will it continue? Is my plant as confused as I am?

--------------------

Offlinecreep 1nc
Stranger

#422712 - 05/23/10 04:40 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

brifunforme said:
Quote:

13eetleJuice said:

It smells kinda like pineapple and wet gym socks damnit, Im your neighbor. Get a carbon scrubber, shit!

Seriously tho, it's amazing what you can grow from a bag of midi nugs jam packed with seeds isn't it? It's like some commercial grower out there grows some really dank stuff and just pollinates every damned pistil the plant has just to add weight. Good job man, its amazing that all CFLs :thumbup:

haha, they could charge more for seedless.......but yeah man, I hear ya.......my bagseed plants are looking pretty damn good

--------------------

Invisible13eetleJuice
The ghost with the most
Male

Re: I didn't mean to do this... [Re: creep 1nc]
    #422768 - 05/23/10 05:50 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

It's literally an infestation now. These bugs are crawling all over my buds. I've seen, and killed, ten of them today! :oogle:

What do I do? Are there any health risks associated with bugs? I hope these crazy bastards aren't laying eggs in my buds! Aaaaahhhhhhh!

--------------------

OfflineDephect

Folding@home Statistics
    #423392 - 05/24/10 05:57 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Go to Home Depot. Get a Hot Shot No Pest Strip and put it in your grow area. I have one in my flowering chamber, it has driven away spider mites, and its quite often where I open it up in the morning when the lights come on and find a few dead flies on the ground. The thing is a miracle worker for pests.

By the way I am not even high and I laughed at your new sig man. That shit is funny. I could just picture that in a movie.

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #423401 - 05/24/10 06:14 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Your pests look like a type of flying ant to me.

--------------------

MFDoom666: sobriety kills my buzz every time.

Invisible13eetleJuice
The ghost with the most
Male

#423409 - 05/24/10 06:51 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Hehe, I can't really take credit for it though. I found this on the net someplace and thought it would make a nice sig. :evil:

--------------------

OfflineTomCollins

#423665 - 05/25/10 09:33 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

:borat:

Nice sig btw.

--------------------
andyistic said:
Ok so let me bring you idiots up to speed.
The admins are tired of this shitfest being made the joke of the weed community on the Internet.

Invisible13eetleJuice
The ghost with the most
Male

Re: I didn't mean to do this... [Re: TomCollins]
    #424504 - 05/27/10 03:11 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Bug problem: Handled.

Stretch Budstrong: Harvested!
A few pics of the main cola (and a couple of the larger buds in the second picture):

Was it a little early? Probably, but my reasoning is that if I let senescence occur, then it may be too late or too difficult to reveg.

After smoking some of the buds that I harvested early, my lady says that I MUST get clones from this plant. Her exact words were, "Fuck brick weed. I'll quit smoking. I ain't going back to that shit. I want some more of this!" :lol:

So, I left most of the fan leaves and puffy, little growths of bud on the bottom two-thirds (2/3) of the plant intact and placed it into the veg chamber. With the switch back to 18+ hrs. of light, hopefully I'll see new vegetative growth in a few weeks. :grin: :bongload:

Until then, I've still got the LST'd plant in flower. I've also got about a half dozen more bagseed sprouts that are a couple of weeks out of the ground now.

...this is turning into a perpetual accident.

(edit: I'll add pictures of the chopped plant and the new seedlings tomorrow. I'm tired.) :yawn:

--------------------

InvisibleHerbal

#426338 - 05/31/10 01:03 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Awesome turnout man, makes me anxious. What was the final harvested weight on stretch? Post those pictures you said you were going to, i would like to see if you could...

--------------------

Invisible13eetleJuice
The ghost with the most
Male

#426601 - 05/31/10 05:52 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Sorry, Herbal, I got busy and forgot to get pics of the harvested plant and seedlings a few days ago. Thanks for stopping by to remind me though!
Here they are, as promised. :smile:

She's been under 24hrs of light since harvest, about 5 days ago. I've tied her branches to bring them in tighter and closer together to save space under the minimal amount of light I have available.

And here are a couple of seedlings that I started a few weeks ago. Again, bag seed but, from a different bag this time.
These two came from seeds out of a bag of smoke that had an AWESOME stone. The buds were super dense and resembled some Kush varieties that I've smoked in the past.

The seedlings in this tray are from a potpourri of seeds that I have stashed, unlabeled, from multiple different bags of weed ..."life is like a bag o' weed. Ya never know whatcha gonna get." :shrug:

And here's a few snapshots of some of the dried buds curing in an air tight, take-out, salad bowl. Recycling FTW!

As for the weight, I have no idea. :shrug: I don't own a scale. I'd give it a smoker's estimate of 3/4oz. from the whole plant?

The buds are airy as fuck! No density AT ALL. Have we learned our lesson about CFL's today class? I will definitely be incorporating some form of high intensity lighting in my next attempt at flowering.

It's pretty decent smoke though; gets me higher than the brick weed I usually smoke on. It creeps on slow with a really nice soaring high that feels like you're on the come-up for the majority of the buzz.

I enjoy it and I'll take clones if the revegging is successful but, I'm also planting seeds because I want to see what else is out there. Damn, farming is fun! :happyweed:

--------------------

Invisible13eetleJuice
The ghost with the most
Male

#426608 - 05/31/10 06:04 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

78 Days of Flowering / Beginning of Week 11

This. plant. confuses. me.

All of the buds are sprouting rapid growths of mostly STEM from the central stem of the bud. The most rapid of these growths is generally on the apical tips of the buds. Calyxes and other bud matter are also forming but unfortunately the majority of the new growth, by mass, is stem.

Can anyone tell me what's happening here?

--------------------

Invisible13eetleJuice
The ghost with the most
Male

#426632 - 05/31/10 06:39 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Tentative theory:

The plant stalled due to a combination of over-fertilization, a possible salt build-up, and a probable pH imbalance in the soil, all of which were corrected with all of the flushing that I've been doing lately. With these growth limiting factors eliminated, perhaps the plant is rejuvenating from it's period of stalled growth ...in which case, perhaps I should give the plant some nutes since I've been starving it for a few weeks.

In any case, the new growth is all very yellowish-green so I've mixed up a light dose of flowering ferts.  Maybe this will help the plant produce more buds, less stalk. I dunno, I'm stumped.

For now, unless someone tells me otherwise, my plan is to fertilize lightly today and again on wednesday and then depending on how the plant looks by the end of the week, I may start flushing again. I really think I jumped the gun on the flushing the first time. Live and learn.

--------------------

Invisible13eetleJuice
The ghost with the most
Male

#426644 - 05/31/10 06:53 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Other Theory:

Light leaks, mistakes in the 12on/12off schedule, and/or other unknown stresses have caused to plant to revert back to the vegetative stage. In which case, perhaps I should harvest now, leaving a few buds behind to sprout new plant growth? Or does it just not fucking work like that?

--------------------

Invisiblebrifunforme
Card Holder. Not really

#426647 - 05/31/10 07:11 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

I would harvest that plant. It is ready to be I think. Continuous imbalances in the light schedule can cause the plant to act the way you are describing. I would say it is probably ready to meet your snips bud.

Invisible13eetleJuice
The ghost with the most
Male

#426793 - 06/01/10 01:59 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

That's all I needed to hear. :evil:

Harvest Pics!

As you can see, I left some of the bud on the plant because I'd like to try revegging. I wish I could have left more fan leaves on, but they were all attached to my largest buds and I wasn't fucking leaving those!

--------------------

OfflineSmOakland
Now with Grow!
Male User Gallery

Loc: Oaktown to NOLA
    #426982 - 06/01/10 06:09 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Dude, I would go ahead and snip those buds off too (or let them finish if they were not quite done yet).  I dont think that the photosynthesis that takes place in the buds will benefit the plant in terms of vegetative growth. You might also want to re-pot it so it is not root bound.

Invisiblebrifunforme
Card Holder. Not really

Re: I didn't mean to do this... [Re: SmOakland]
    #426990 - 06/01/10 06:15 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

SmOakland said:
Dude, I would go ahead and snip those buds off too (or let them finish if they were not quite done yet).  I dont think that the photosynthesis that takes place in the buds will benefit the plant in terms of vegetative growth. You might also want to re-pot it so it is not root bound.

If he snips those buds off, it looks like all that will be left is stem. That would NOT be able to reveg. Granted that seems like alot to leave on, but he will have a ton of tops to work with when it revegs.

When you reveg, you have to have some buds left on the plant to do so. Snipping off all the buds would stop it from revegging.

Invisible13eetleJuice
The ghost with the most
Male

#443584 - 07/08/10 05:53 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

brifunforme said:
Granted that seems like alot to leave on, but he will have a ton of tops to work with when it revegs.

QFT!

It's been about a month or so since my last update. Since then the plants went back into vegetative growth beautifully. I re-potted both of the plants in pots of roughly the same size by trimming about two inches off of the root ball all of the way around and on the bottom and replaced with fresh soil.

The plants have grown so full that last night I had to take some clones. I took eighteen from "Stretch" and twelve from "Meowy" and placed them into an old tub that I had previously used to grow a few mushrooms.

With a few mistings per day, the tub provided humidity and frequent air exchange to the mushrooms and I don't see why it wouldn't do the same here. I hope, anyways.

Here's "Stretch" after I removed about 40 to 50 cuttings, 18 of which I am trying to root.

Same story here with the other one.

Here you can see that I've been torturing a few more seedlings. I think they're all going to turn out to be male though. Oh well. :shrug:

--------------------

Edited by 13eetleJuice (07/08/10 05:59 PM)

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

Loc: North Star Flag
    #443659 - 07/08/10 07:10 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Very nice re-veg on those plants!  :thumbup:

I love how they explode into a ton of tops and rebound like no other...  I think you better flower those things ASAP...

--------------------
Don't criticize what you can't understand

Offlineshasha
aspiring sadhu

Re: I didn't mean to do this... [Re: Inverted]
    #444465 - 07/10/10 10:07 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

nice use of the shotty man :mushroom2:

--------------------
"Today, a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration...that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively. There's no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we're the imagination of ourselves. Here's Tom with the weather." - Bill Hicks

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder