Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleKarmikal
The Engineer

Loc: Spaceship Factory
First Attempt HEXANE extraction (pictorial)
    #783228 - 06/25/15 06:27 AM (8 years, 9 months ago)

14.6 + 14.0 = 28.6 g of dried, hand crumbled, nute burned flowers (equipment malfunction)

Combined with 300ml ACS reagent grade hexane (from a drum).

AGITATE for 5 minutes.
GOLDEN SOLUTION On the right track!!!
  Cover and let rest for 30 minutes.

Filter using buchner funnel (sorry no pic, not enough hands)

Filtered material.
Closeup shows mostly topless trichs.  There are still some resin glands left so material will be saved and re-extracted.  note: next time agitate and rest twice for 1 hour total OR... pre-chill hexane and/or flowers in freezer to facilitate gland extraction.

EVAP in hot water bath.  Takes some time and multiple refills of water bath. note: next time use water bath in temp controlled bottom vessel of vac chamber to streamline process, temp controller has a relay so perhaps isolate in a plastic bag since relays can arc

START VAC PURGE @ -26 inHg elevation 2200 ft 110 F

stay tuned...

--------------------
Opinions WILL vary!

This is all just an internet fantasy, ruse, delusion, fabrication etc...

Edited by Karmikal (06/25/15 07:01 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleP-O

Re: First Attempt HEXANE extraction (pictorial) [Re: Karmikal]
    #783239 - 06/25/15 09:06 AM (8 years, 9 months ago)

Cool post!

Never tried Hexane grease, but interested to see how it turns out.

I usually AGITATED by shaking a jar with the lid on. 

:popcorn: looking forward to seeing the results.....

InvisibleKarmikal
The Engineer

Re: First Attempt HEXANE extraction (pictorial) [Re: P-O]
    #783294 - 06/25/15 03:23 PM (8 years, 9 months ago)

Not really sure why I decided to stir instead of shake...  I was using very little hex and I suppose i wanted to make sure I could keep material completely submerged but I guess I could have done that in a jar too.

Oh I know - I didn't want another thing to clean up afterwards, lazyness wins!

Actually, in retrospect, it would have been better to use a bit more hex.  Even then, what I really wanted to do is place the dish on an orbital shaker:tongue:

--------------------
Opinions WILL vary!

Edited by Karmikal (06/25/15 03:28 PM)

InvisibleKarmikal
The Engineer

#783390 - 06/26/15 03:45 AM (8 years, 9 months ago)

18 hours later...

Stable
Transfered to parchment (disappointing yield)
fold and purge
fold and purge
Increase temp to 115 F -> getting stiffer...

Looking for a harder, even touchable result.  More ahead...

--------------------
Opinions WILL vary!

InvisibleP-O

#783466 - 06/26/15 11:43 PM (8 years, 8 months ago)

Gookin great dude

InvisibleKarmikal
The Engineer

#783471 - 06/27/15 03:04 AM (8 years, 8 months ago)

18 or 20 hours later...

No more de-gassing - left to cool at ambient temperature  (75f - 80f) and ambient pressure for roughly an hour.
Hard waxy consistency yet still sticky - kneaded it out like a taffy in the parchment - high density
gathered splatter and managed to roll a small hard wax ball to sample
  back in under vac at 95 f - plenty of degassing left!

back in a bit...

--------------------
Opinions WILL vary!

InvisibleP-O

#783512 - 06/27/15 10:38 AM (8 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

P-O said:
Gookin great dude

lol how high was i last night :facepalm:

Ya those dabs are lookin dank tho

How much did u spend on your vac unit ?

InvisibleKarmikal
The Engineer

#783527 - 06/27/15 04:06 PM (8 years, 8 months ago)

picked the whole rig up used for 185 including the pump and the digital silicon heater attached to its bottom.  Somebody probably paid 300+ for all of it new.

--------------------
Opinions WILL vary!

InvisibleP-O

#783533 - 06/27/15 05:41 PM (8 years, 8 months ago)

nice score dude

:hi5:

InvisibleKarmikal
The Engineer

#783537 - 06/27/15 07:11 PM (8 years, 8 months ago)

Quit while I'm ahead?

--------------------
Opinions WILL vary!

InvisibleP-O

#783539 - 06/27/15 07:28 PM (8 years, 8 months ago)

Looks like a nice chunk from an oz of mids.  :thumbup:

whats the weight on that lil slab

InvisibleKarmikal
The Engineer

#783544 - 06/27/15 08:39 PM (8 years, 8 months ago)

its 1.8

The starter material was pretty much not smokeable.  I am sure I can get another g from a second pull.  I think I used too little hex - it was super saturated so I know there's more.  I might just blast it with vector for a second pull and polish it with a little hex after the pull.

My impressions from the wax ball sample:

• taste: almost none, slightly hashy.  No hint of monoterpenes or solvent.  I think I purged most of the terpenes with the 50+ hours under vac.
  • residue: none
  • vapor: thick and harsh but not as bad as the starter material.  should have de-fatted it but I can get lab grad hex way easier than 95%EtOH.  I did not feel like setting up a still to make any - maybe I'll do that before I make any more oil...
  • texture: I would call it a wax - dense and moldable.  The small ball sounds like a hard plastic bead when dropped onto a metal surface and rolls around fairly freely without deforming.  Definitely handle-able
  • potency: ridiculous, 1/3 of that tiny wax ball was enough (I have a low tolerance though, or had...)
  • effect: Have to be subjective here, genetics are white widow and the hybrid effects are right up my alley when smoking flowers:  soaring head highs, almost psychedelic but a strong, long lasting body load to keep my head grounded and balanced.  Now this concentrate has a very mild body load - much less than smoking the dry herb.  This goes right to the head instead.  Reminds me of a pure sativa high on steroids.  I can only say that I experienced short periods of amnesia, train of thought constantly just dissolving into nothing, and even some dim geometric CEV.  I certainly could not dab this and be social or do anything requiring moderately complex thought.  There is a definite build-up of this effect and duration is fairly short, 45 minutes perhaps but time was too complex a concept to track at the time.  Afterwards there is the mild body high and a pleasant happy afterglow to the head - this lasted for a couple more hours which was nice.
  • overall: definitely a top shelf concentrate, would have benefited greatly from de-fatting/winterizing.  almost all head - I think the super long vac purge has decarbed most of the cannbinoids so this would likely be active in an oral dose even though I did not decarb the starting material.  Seemingly extremely high THC content but that's just a subjective opinion.

--------------------
Opinions WILL vary!

Edited by Karmikal (06/27/15 08:47 PM)

InvisibleKarmikal
The Engineer

#783561 - 06/28/15 03:44 AM (8 years, 8 months ago)

In regards to my previous post I must confess that I was on the tail end of one of those long days with many more hours than a day should have so a certain amount of sleep deprivation certainly influenced my subjective "effects".  Needless to say after getting some sleep the effect is somewhat different and actually better than I had described.  I have also since tried the amber wax which was purged for 15 hours longer than the first wax ball sample.

The amber wax:

• taste: none at all, 65+ hours under vac.
  • residue: none
  • vapor: smooth and rich, no need to de-fat/winterize
  • texture: I would call it a light wax or taffy - flexible and sticky, a nice pull and snap.  Could be rolled into harder wax ball as before if preferred
  • potency: excellent, seems to build tolerance very quickly.
  • effect: Much more like the actual bud than I previously experienced.  Well balanced head/body but with the same intensity as before.  A much more grounded and focused head stone, less confusing and more balanced with an equally strong body load that is on the energetic end of the spectrum.  This could certainly be fun in front of the tube with a couple of good friends but not so much at a party or before work (at least not for me).  There is the same build-up of this effect as before but the duration is much longer than previously experienced. It went strong for a good 4 hours but it felt like 2.
  • overall: definitely still would call it a top shelf concentrate, vaping is smooth and rich, no cough.  personally i felt this to be a much more enjoyable experience than the previous sample.  Less confusion (that was due to my state of mind im sure), wonderful rich texture to the absolutely tasteless vapor, and crazy long duration of intense stoniness.

This is the best honey oil I have ever made - no regrets on the purchase of the vac rig, I think its going to get a lot of use.  Next time I will streamline the process and learn from my mistakes along the way during this experience.  I'll even do another pictorial if anyone is interested.

Thanks for the encouragement PO!  Not bad for the first time using hexane and the first time using a vac rig eh?

• --------------------
    Opinions WILL vary!

Edited by Karmikal (06/28/15 04:04 AM)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale