Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   THCeeds Marijuana Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore Boomr Bag   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineBlackd0ve420
 User Gallery

Re: Tired of dealing with people..growing my own medicine. [Re: budgrowerwannabe]
    #704424 - 01/04/14 10:28 AM (10 years, 2 months ago)

It had some set backs and my original crop died due to some over watering/faults of my own. I was upset at first but now view it as a lesson and feel more comfortable/growing now. I am left with two 5-6 week old plants (One female mutant that I can't wait to share) and one middie that has turned into a pretty 1.5 ft female :smile:.

I ordered some seeds online from the U.K (The site will stay anonymous for obvious reasons).

G13 Labs Seeds Purple Haze
Feminized Cannabis Seeds - 05 seeds

Barneys Farm Seeds Pineapple Express AutoFlowering
Feminized Cannabis Seeds - 03 seeds

Dinafem Seeds Haze 2.0 AUTOFLOWERING
Feminized Cannabis Seeds - 01 seed

Auto Seeds Polar Express (1 Seed)
Feminized Cannabis Seeds - Pick 'n' Mix

FEMINIZED UFO #1 Delicious Seeds Cotton Candy  (1 seed)
FEMINIZED UFO #2 Delicious Seeds AUTO Northern Light Blue (1 seed)
FEMINIZED UFO #3 Reserva Privada Cole Train (1 seed)

I germinated them all (13 seeds) in separate moist paper towels and put them in my large plastic bag which I sprayed lightly with warm water. I left undisturbed for 2 days. Opened it up and had 100% germination rate :smile:. Nice long tap roots (longest was probably half an inch).

I got my egg cartons out and cut slits at the bottom and filled it up with some soil (Plan on transplanting to a soil/coco coir/verm/pea rock mix with some acidic epsom salt water mix to help with this magnesium deficiency I keep getting as well as help adjust the p.h of the medium.

I need to find a good soil probe, I just have the cheap green one and I'm not really confident how well it reads the moisture level..

Anyways I'll have pictures up soon :smile:.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblefortheloveofnature
noob

Re: Tired of dealing with people..growing my own medicine. [Re: Blackd0ve420]
    #704425 - 01/04/14 10:44 AM (10 years, 2 months ago)

nice to see you on here blackdove . im on my first grow as well and will be watching this :jah: good luck

--------------------
Gymnopilus Luteofolius                  Gymnopilus Purpuratus                  G.luteofolius&G.luteoviridis

First grow (bagseed)

OfflineBlackd0ve420
 User Gallery

Re: Tired of dealing with people..growing my own medicine. [Re: fortheloveofnature]
    #704466 - 01/04/14 03:22 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

Likewise :thumbup:. Best of luck! Hope it goes better then mine :lol:

Offlinebudgrowerwannabe
Bum fighter
Male User Gallery

#704472 - 01/04/14 03:33 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

Aaaaaaaaw  your doing good man . I think you  just make it harder than it should be . I have the same problem just lettem grow.

But that's what they need sometimes is nothing just left untouched. 

I try not to over do it on everthing with mj plants .It came be easy to do.

Sup man ? just cut down some autos killer smoke man!:wink:

OfflineBlackd0ve420
 User Gallery

Re: Tired of dealing with people..growing my own medicine. [Re: budgrowerwannabe]
    #707914 - 01/16/14 05:41 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

Hey bud this is what's been going on with me :smile:.

So I am saving my dro seeds for when I've gotten some more experience on my belt but I have been throughly enjoying playing with all the bag seed I've saved up :laugh:. The mids I get are decent. Seedy but good high. Well I started growing a middie around .50//.75 through my first attempt and this gal has just stuck with me :lol:. Very resilient, the leaves are beautiful and huge (bigger then my hand). I usually only need to water it once-twice a week. I just started flowering it Jan 6th and started out at 18 inches. After a week and a half it is showing some pretty hairs all over and it has grown 10 inches easily. If it keeps up this rate I'll have to whip out the string and LST it away from the HID.

Now I know this isn't the best thing to do with new seedies..but I stupidly broke one of my cfl lights so I have to keep them in the tent...but the tent is set to 12/12. From what I understand they will live...but it's not healthy for them. I am hoping that my main mother will finish up so I can switch it to a veg timing for my seeds/clones (1 from a mutant/2 from the mother mid plant). It's kind of freeing just practicing with bag seed because there's not as much hurt if you mess up and still get great dank in the process :thumbup:. You can start to smell it now if you put your face in the tent. It has the middy smell but more aromatic and slightly fruity (Lemon maybe.. something juicy/sweet).

I figured I'd finish january keeping the same schedule. You might notice the bottom leaves in some pictures are paling and showing a N deficiency (As the plant is switching from pumping energy to the buds now). I used a nitrogen solution with a drop or two of dawn as a sticker and sprayed only the affected leaves. We'll see if that helps any. I am happy with the feeding schedule that I have made but may to tweak it SLIGHTLY to adjust for the flowering.

Anyways I just wanted to fill you guys in, a lot has happened and new things going on in my life so simply said I'm taking on the world and hoping the best of it lol.

My jalapenos are fruiting outside too [^_^], also got some Hot Thai/Sw pepper going. Even two Morning Glories :laugh: (Love the look of the flower and never grown them before).

Will keep you all posted as things develop and change pace. Any general tips/feedback about the flowering process are welcome. If I remember correctly you stop all nute feedings (water only) 2 weeks (or a month?) before harvest and also one should flush (Water only?) a couple weeks before harvest. I'll refer to my book but if anyone happens to know feel free to post :cheers:.

Also made my first thc butter extraction from the plant matter I saved up. :cookiemonster:

Offlinebudgrowerwannabe
Bum fighter
Male User Gallery

#707930 - 01/16/14 07:24 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

Yea sup  man ! good to see you been busy.

nice butter too.:crazy2:

OfflineBlackd0ve420
 User Gallery

#709746 - 01/24/14 07:20 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

Thanks bud! It was tasty xD

8 days later :laugh:

Offlineghiajake
Stranger
    #709917 - 01/26/14 03:28 AM (10 years, 2 months ago)

Sup BD, how's it hangin'? Nice lil' setup ya got going. Figured I drop in and make my first post on Growery here. I haven't used the CFLs like you've got, but here's a few pics of past grow using FL tubes. This plant was my neighbors outdoor plant. I pulled it up the night he died in a fire so his family or cops wouldn't find it. I was able to save it, and actually get a small harvest of some decent bud. I savored it for awhile, only smoking it in his honor. This is the guy I'm building the Memorial Garden for.

OfflineBlackd0ve420
 User Gallery

Re: Tired of dealing with people..growing my own medicine. [Re: ghiajake]
    #711364 - 02/03/14 08:19 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

ghiajake said:
Sup BD, how's it hangin'? Nice lil' setup ya got going. Figured I drop in and make my first post on Growery here. I haven't used the CFLs like you've got, but here's a few pics of past grow using FL tubes. This plant was my neighbors outdoor plant. I pulled it up the night he died in a fire so his family or cops wouldn't find it. I was able to save it, and actually get a small harvest of some decent bud. I savored it for awhile, only smoking it in his honor. This is the guy I'm building the Memorial Garden for.

Quite a story on those buds. Nice man. Yeah I accidentally broke one (Completely my fault). Still got 100 watt though and I just let it hang in there near the mid section to give it a complete wave spectrum w/some extra lighting in the darker parts of the tent.

I have a clone I took off a hermi Purple Thai (Cloned the female part). So since my tent has to stay 12/12 it's been flowering lmao. So I have this 2 inch flowering clone and a clone that is getting better (From current flowering mother). The surviving seeding/seedlings seem to be adapting to the light schedule and are looking a lot healthier. I'll have to transplant them soon. I FINALLY got my CAliMAg so I added that in everything, hopefully that'll help the mother plant. As said she lost most of her leaves except for the top. Fortunately new growth is popping up by the buds (Which have thickened). Some of the pistils are starting to turn color now.

Also just received some organic compost :smile:. Looks really nice and dark/fertile. Hopping to mix that with my coco coir/verm/pea rock mix to make a organic hydro hybrid.

Will have pics up either this weekend or next we'll see.

Good luck with your memorial garden :smile:.

OfflineBlackd0ve420
 User Gallery

#713975 - 02/10/14 04:47 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

2-10

Quote:

itsaconspiracy said:
:gonnaneedmyglasses: nice buds forming dude.

I was relieved to see it :smile:, annnnnddd now little over two weeks later we have:

2/05, My experiment with a female half of a herme (From a purple thai), and seedlings that were exposed only to 12/12 (I know it sucks for them). Out of the many seeds I germintaed successfully, only a handful made it to the vegetative round while looking pretty healthy! I was happy with the outcome though. The little purple thai clone is so funny, I noticed it started flowering when it was only an inch and a half tall :lol:.

MOVING FORWARD to 2-10

Let's see how these babies grew up :wink:. Flowering time! :rave:

Starting to smell nice up in here :jah:. Smells like sweet medicine to me :ganja:. I figured I would give it this month on its current feeding regimen. After two months of flowering (and around) will use my scope to keep an eye on the trichs to harvest at the right time. Already picked a few small lower branches as clones from it.

It seems indeed the ca/mg was the issue yet again. After the flush (With appropriate nute) as well as an extra feeding of CAliMagic the dead parts of the plant stopped progressing and the leaves began getting their green back. The buds also noticeably have thickened substantially. It seems to like all the nutrients and sugars it is receiving.

After a couple months I'll just flush with ph'd balanced h20 and probably some dextrose. Then just give it a water diet before it is harvested :smile:.

Shows the LST that I've been doing. A simple string (not too tight!) with the weight of the light water bottle bends the plant where it needs to be. Very flexible! Just be careful not to snap it :smile:.

Lastly here is the youngings! Growing up themselves :smile:. Some healthy looking sprouts considering their light schedule. We'll see how they take. As you can see more pictures of the the purple thai flowering clone (My first clone too!). It's doing really well.

Looking forward to having more exciting updates as they come. One in particular I'd like to mention!

As some of you might know now, the Florida Supreme Court ruled IN FAVOR of the ballot initiative's wording so it is clear for the 2014 ballot!! Big things happening everywhere...love it. It needs 60% to pass and polls are showing as high as 82% and as low as 68% +/-. Looking good :thumbup:

Offlineitsaconspiracy
governments worst nightmare
Male

Loc: florida Flag
    #715445 - 02/15/14 10:56 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

:knockmeonmyass: whoa dude thoose girls grew in to busty beauties good job they look very happy.

--------------------

Offlineitsaconspiracy
Male

Re: Tired of dealing with people..growing my own medicine. [Re: itsaconspiracy]
    #719740 - 03/07/14 05:04 PM (10 years, 23 days ago)

update please:bigyesnod:

--------------------

OfflineBlackd0ve420
 User Gallery

#720743 - 03/11/14 08:34 AM (10 years, 20 days ago)

Quote:

itsaconspiracy said:

Will update today :smile:. My main baby is soon to be ready for harvest (March 20th is week 10 of flower) and is looking/smelling great! The trichs are mostly clear/starting to cloud up, with 1-2 amber hairs..still a bit early.

My two other plants are doing amazing! This time they won't have any burnt leaves off haha, so a lot more yield.

Right now the question at hand for me is what stage of harvest would be best for me, being Bipolar Type 1.

Obviously CBD is the best for me based on research, but that's determined by genetics. I do, however, have control of THC/CBN levels.  http://azmedtest.com/educate/cannabinoids/

There are other references that make the same assumptions. I definitely want some CBN but I am having a hard time determing what the best ratio is for THC:CBN  25:75  50:50  75:25. Leaning more towards 50:50. Input?

Pictures soon :smile:. Also as a note I will be shutting down the thread just to cover my internet foot prints as I continue to treat myself. Thank you all, especially you conspiracy, for holding my hand down this new journey :smile:. Now I need to get my hands on some CBD rich strain seeds!

OfflineBlackd0ve420
 User Gallery

#720784 - 03/11/14 01:32 PM (10 years, 20 days ago)

Quote:

Blackd0ve420 said:
Quote:

itsaconspiracy said:

Will update today :smile:. My main baby is soon to be ready for harvest (March 20th is week 10 of flower) and is looking/smelling great! The trichs are mostly clear/starting to cloud up, with 1-2 amber hairs..still a bit early.

My two other plants are doing amazing! This time they won't have any burnt leaves off haha, so a lot more yield.

Right now the question at hand for me is what stage of harvest would be best for me, being Bipolar Type 1.

Obviously CBD is the best for me based on research, but that's determined by genetics. I do, however, have control of THC/CBN levels.  http://azmedtest.com/educate/cannabinoids/

There are other references that make the same assumptions. I definitely want some CBN but I am having a hard time determing what the best ratio is for THC:CBN  25:75  50:50  75:25. Leaning more towards 50:50. Input?

Pictures soon :smile:. Also as a note I will be shutting down the thread just to cover my internet foot prints as I continue to treat myself. Thank you all, especially you conspiracy, for holding my hand down this new journey :smile:. Now I need to get my hands on some CBD rich strain seeds!

Here you go!28 Days Later (Pun intended)! The bud is thickening up great and you can see the trichs everywhere with the naked eye. I wish I knew how to make some good cbd and/or thc extract. Anyways the set date of harvest is the 22nd. Placing this plant (16/8; 12-12 flipped), at 4 months from seed to harvest. Compared to the two beautiful younger plants you now see (same mid baggie strain), their transition from veg to flowering was a lot quickier/smoother. Looking back the plants that survied under the pure 12/12 (And were female) took only 1 month 22 days to reach into the flowering stage...interesting. The smell is very sweet, and clean, but with a hint of fruityness.

My two newest plants are looking relatively really good! One of them is curling/drooping slightly, after checking the ph/moisture I realized both new plants had a very high pH. Just as well I am about to transplant them into the container size that my current flowering plant is in and give them a nice pH balanced flush :smile:.

Also as said I think after I finish harvesting and complete the cycle for this current flowering plant I will close out the thread here and in the shroomery for privacy sake (Will save record of it).

Without futher text here's the update!

Offlineitsaconspiracy
Male

#722221 - 03/19/14 10:36 PM (10 years, 11 days ago)

Quote:

Blackd0ve420 said:Right now the question at hand for me is what stage of harvest would be best for me, being Bipolar Type 1.

here's some info on harvest times bro:thumbup:

Quote:

Here are some general rules about harvesting marijuana based on trichomes and the color of the hairs / pistols.
1.If white "hairs" are almost all sticking straight out and trichomes are all still translucent (clear) then your plant is too young and not ready for harvest. Harvesting now will result in low yield and non-potent harvests.
2.The beginning of the harvest window opens when your plant has stopped growing new white "hairs" or pistols and at least 40% of the white hairs have darkened and curled in.
3.Highest level of THC is when many/most of the trichomes have turned milky white / cloudy (when viewed under a magnifier). Trichomes that are milky have the highest levels of THC and contribute to a more euphoric 'head high.'
4.The end of the harvest window is when the trichomes have become a darker color (usually amber/gold). The amber/yellow trichomes contribute to a 'body high' because some of the THC has converted into less psychoactive CBN, which has calming and anti-anxiety effects. With some strains the trichomes will even turn red or purple!
5.When trichomes start looking grey or withered, the harvest window has passed.

Want more of a 'head high'? Harvest your buds earlier, when only 40% of hairs have darkened and curled in and trichomes are part clear/ part milky or mostly cloudy/milky.

For the "strongest" marijuana buds with the most psychoactive effects, harvest when almost all trichomes are cloudy/milky.

For more relaxing, anti-anxiety buds, wait until at least some of the milky / cloudy trichomes have darkened to amber. More amber = more relaxing, though the effects may be somewhat less psychoactive. Remember, curing your buds properly for at least 2 weeks to a month will give them more of an anti-anxiety effect.

Quote:

Blackd0ve420 said:
Thank you all, especially you conspiracy, for holding my hand down this new journey

:bashful: your welcome d0ve anytime and don't be afraid to ask anymore questions:thumbup:

--------------------

OfflineDoc
stoner
 User Gallery

Loc: New Caledonia
    #722608 - 03/22/14 09:54 AM (10 years, 9 days ago)

Why is there a leaf just sitting in a pot, are you trying to clone that?

--------------------
No one is free when others are oppressed

InvisibleP-O

Re: Tired of dealing with people..growing my own medicine. [Re: Doc]
    #722756 - 03/22/14 09:11 PM (10 years, 8 days ago)

:crazy2:

OfflineBlackd0ve420
 User Gallery

#722827 - 03/23/14 10:16 AM (10 years, 8 days ago)

Thanks conspiracy!

Quote:

Doc said:
Why is there a leaf just sitting in a pot, are you trying to clone that?

Yeah I was bored, I accidentally snapped it off and decided to fuck around with some of the rooting stuff I have to see if it would work..it didn't :lol:. Got some more seeds sprouting though.

I realized I didn't post the harvest results. Here you go!

03/19/14

Quote:

itsaconspiracy said:
:shockedpussy: good job Blackd0ve420 beautiful plants man:stoned: and don't delete the thread it pretty awesome ,but on to updated as long as we get to see the ending fruits of your labor I'll be one happy stoner.

Ask and you'll receive :lol:. I'll keep the thread up. Probably just won't update it as much. It's a helpful log. Anyways the wet weight was 4.5 oz and it lost 74% of its weight so it came out to little over a quarter oz. Little less then what I was hoping but the stuff is very fluffy/dense with 90% sativa high. Very uplifting, relaxing, doesn't cloud my head or couch lock me (very helpful for me personally). I probably could have let it mature a little more but I had a run in with grey mold and had to harvest quick and cut out the tiny hold it was getting in a few buds. I am currently re-working so the humidity level is below 50% from now on.

I'll update some time soon with pictures of the other two flowering mamas that look AMAZING. So will definitely expect a better load then what I got after this poor plant was subject to my novice hand :lol:. Feeling more confident at least.

I also having sprouting Northern Lights Blue Auto, Cotton Candy Auto (delicious seeds), Cole Train, Chiesel, and some other bag seed :smile:.

The little purple thai clone has turned out to be a hermi, I separated it from the others, I noticed 3 seeds that were almost mature in their pods. Will be an interesting grow lol. Will probably turn the clone into a cookie once I get the seeds (for experiment sake).

Anyways here's my first REAL harvest! Excuse my noob manicure work, still trying to perfect it. Plan to trim a bit more after it has dried/cured a bit longer.

OfflineDoc
stoner
 User Gallery

Loc: New Caledonia
    #722868 - 03/23/14 12:41 PM (10 years, 8 days ago)

lol just asking cause leaves can't root as far as I know. They lack the necessary cells that can divide into root cells.

Edit: Nice buds they turned out good for a first indoor grow!!

--------------------
No one is free when others are oppressed

Edited by Doc (03/23/14 12:45 PM)

Invisibleresincoatedlungs
Brickweed Aficionado
 User Gallery

#722944 - 03/23/14 05:43 PM (10 years, 7 days ago)

Great looking buds! :thumbup:
They've got that oily look that (to me) says it should be some great smoke. :yesnod:
Quote:

lol just asking cause leaves can't root as far as I know. They lack the necessary cells that can divide into root cells.

AFAIK some plants actually will root form the leaf, I don't Cannabis will, but my granny used to clones garden and house plants all the time and she'd get some rooted from leaf. (Or she just convinced me that she did, to keep me confused.) :lmafo:

--------------------
:psycho:

Man Eater

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   THCeeds Marijuana Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore Boomr Bag   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate