Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: First grow, 12 powerfull cfls, soil. ANY help will be GRAT LY appreciated [Re: Dimo114]
    #580155 - 08/22/11 02:27 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

You have to go with who has the highest reviews.  BC Bud Depot. Just say the name here in Mendicino or in Humboldt and people are gonna consider you a joke. They do stupid shit like say that they use "Origina Blueberry" to make their seeds and say it's better then DJ Shorts. Yet he is the developer of the original blueberry. They are one of the worst rated sites out. http://www.seedbankupdate.com/  They use to sell Spice Of Life even though Breeder Steve says he never supplied them. Then all of a sudden it went from having Spice of Life Sweet Tooth to having BC Sweet Tooth and then claim its better then the original. There strain "the purps" they claim comes from the Purps IBL. Well guess what, the purps comes from right here in Mendo and it doesn't take much looking to find that out. There is no such thing as a Purps IBL.
They claim 707 Headband is OG Kush x Sour Diesel then crossed back to the OG Kush. Only one problem there is no OG Kush in headband. The strain is "Mass Super Skunk crossed with 91 ChemDawg" yet again very easy info to find if someone takes the time to look.
They claim to have bread the strain "Jack Herer" when just about anybody who has grown even for a little while knows it's a Sensi Seeds strain. Then there is BC Chronic funny thing is that Chronic is a Serious Seeds strain. The only thing that BC Bud Depot is good at is stealing the name of others work.
BC Hash Plant, Yet hash plant is another Sensi Seeds Strain. BC Mango, Mango a KC Brains Strain. BC Bud Depot Lowrider #2 yet that strain comes from Joint Doctor Seeds. They claim "B.C. Northern Lights is world renowned for its legendary high. One problem, just about every grower on earth know is a Sensi Seeds strain.
Sensi Seeds even has traidmarks on their strains yet BC Bud Depot still steals the names. THey sell "Sweet Island Skunk" which was originally Island Sweet Skunk but Federation Seeds got on  their ass about it so they switched the two of the words. They claim their Burmese Kush is THSeeds version crossed with OG Kush from L.A. yet they use the original picture from THSeeds site. Chocolate Chunk which to my amazement they actually give credit to THSeeds for coming up with yet they claim it's a IBL when it's a F-1.

They sell seeds from Soma Seeds yet Soma Says "BCBD is shady as hell and i wouldn't do business with em even if the owner had a gun to my head"

If your gonna come up with your own strains fine but then stealing the names of others work and putting it on your strains is just plain fucked up. Then claim their version is better yet use pictures from the original breeders sites. 

Don't take my word for it do some research before buying from these guys is all it takes.

They claim "BC Bud Depot also collaborates with other world renowned breeders to bring you the very best and most comprehensive marijuana seed bank in the world today." Only thing is somebody should tell the other breeders.

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineDimo114
Ranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: White House
Re: First grow, 12 powerfull cfls, soil. ANY help will be GRAT LY appreciated [Re: Magash]
    #580166 - 08/22/11 03:25 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Uuuh....so you recomend me to look at other people's recomendations (reviews)?
however I did that (google only to be honest) for amstardammarijuanaseedbank.com, and it was mostly good. Now that I looked into it (cheese fem. was 110$. Kinda hard to let it go), I see people bashing them. And still they have a majority of good reviews. What I was really hoping for is insight; for example someone who you did buisness with.

Ofcourse I fully understand if, for w.e reason, you dont feel like sharing that info.
But do you know if those seed adds in Skunk magazine are real? The ones where you pay by money order. (i.e. I live in a state where its illegal to cure eating/sleeping disorders)

OfflinePernicious
Stranger Danger
Male User Gallery

Loc: East Coast
Re: First grow, 12 powerfull cfls, soil. ANY help will be GRAT LY appreciated [Re: Dimo114]
    #580171 - 08/22/11 03:54 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

i dont know i have grown an array of blueberries and the ones from BC bud depot are THE BEST i have ever seen. beat the pants off Dj shorts. as for alot of their strains they offer yes they use others genetics obviously but they back cross into their own to legitimize the seeds and as far as customer service and quality seeds is concerned its the best i have experienced hands down.

honestly when it comes down to it, who the fuck cares where they got their genetics from when they are the best (better then the genetics they apperently jacked) and are for a wicked price and have awesome customer service.

when im growing chronic all i care about is the quality. people have been jacking other peoples shit since the beginning of commerce at least bc bud depot has the courtesy of back crossing it into their own genetics. and FYI island sweet skunk was strait jacked from a breeder on texada island by federation seeds, same with their romulan and many others. Almost every one of federations genetics have been stolen from local growers in the area.

the thing with genetics especially when ALOT of them float around a small area like vancouver island and bc. is everyone knows eachother and clones/seeds have a way of making their way into everyones hands.

OfflineDimo114
Ranger
Male User Gallery

Re: First grow, 12 powerfull cfls, soil. ANY help will be GRAT LY appreciated [Re: Pernicious]
    #580180 - 08/22/11 04:34 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Lol guess I dont belong in this conversation. Hopefully in a little bit i'll be able to look back at this journal and know wtf is going on:)

OfflinePernicious
Stranger Danger
Male User Gallery

Loc: East Coast
    #580203 - 08/22/11 05:28 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

sorry for dragging this shit into your thread dude

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #580208 - 08/22/11 05:53 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

strait jacked from a breeder on texada island by federation seeds,

Actually it was jacked from Spice of Life seeds. Source is Cannabible 3 p.222

Quote:

are the best (better then the genetics they apperently jacked) and are for a wicked price and have awesome customer service.

That's kind of the thing here. They don't claim to cross to their own strains. Their blueberry "BC Blueberry is a mostly Indica strain, that dates back to the late 1970's" that is DJ Shorts Blueberry. Then there is Blue Buddha which they claim is "Oregon Blueberry x Buddahs Sister". That is a cross of DJ Short and Soma's strains. They don't do anything other then make F-2s simple as that and they have been busted by many breeders for doing so. In order to cross to their own genetics they would have to have their own genetics to cross to. That's kind of the reason that when people talk about the top strains out they never come up.
Their strains are carried by Attitude seed bank and are being phased out for a reason.

They sell Reeferman seeds which is a surprise since he's been busted lying about his strains so many times even Seed Boutique won't sell em and Attitude has just got rid of him.
Claiming to have Soma's seeds when Soma himself says he never supplied them. Yeah that sounds like awesome customer service. That is if straight up ripping off people is good customer service.
Delta 9 Labs does not have them listed on their site as a seller of their seeds. THSeeds also does not have them listed a retailer of their seeds.

I can only find 1 good review of their customer service and that is right here in this thread. Even Canadians don't have anything good to say about them. 

Like I said to anybody looking to buy seeds don't take my word for it or anybody else here just go and do a little research then make your decision.

http://www.seedbankupdate.com/su.html

Time to stop jacking this guys thread.

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

OfflineDimo114
Ranger
Male User Gallery

Re: First grow, 12 powerfull cfls, soil. ANY help will be GRAT LY appreciated [Re: Magash]
    #580222 - 08/22/11 07:22 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Lol its fine, really. I love obsorbing new info. I just want to get to the point where im addicted to reading and researching.
but even though I did not go far into strains, I understand that even if the seeds they sell are "better" then what they are supposed to be, it still makes things worse for experianced growers, who choose strains based on how the plant grows (like if buds grow from bottom up, you prolly dont want to scrog), not just on it being "better".
Also, for personal grows, it is much more important to get the exact strain you need, then to increase yield and/or potentcy.

Magash, sorry I somehow missed that link in your first answer. Thought it was a refference to another shitty seed bank. Btw, no progress on the jars; the one that got 4cc's is condensating droplets now:( it is now the only one left with micropore tape on the inoc holes to prevent contam.

Btw I see people trading on here and I would love to get in on that, but:
Is there something I need to do to be trusted? (not in the sense that I will scheeme, im willing to send first)
Can I offer money? I mean, I can offer equipment and stuff, but I would just go and buy it n.eway lol
I'D REALLY APRECIATE IT IF SOMEONE COULD ANSWER THIS ASAP. thanks in advance.

Invisiblec99hunter
 User Gallery
    #580230 - 08/22/11 08:02 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

I've ordered from drchronic,attitude, seedboutique, and bcbd, and I had not one problem with any of them, but one. You can guess which one that was....:yesnod: bcbd! I was ripped off over 250 bucks and basically told that they sent it and what happened after that was my problem. It's a long story that Im not gettin into cuz it happened so long ago, but I wouldn't order from them if there were no seeds left on the planet but there!

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: First grow, 12 powerfull cfls, soil. ANY help will be GRAT LY appreciated [Re: c99hunter]
    #580236 - 08/22/11 08:32 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

"Is there something I need to do to be trusted?"  Once your a member for a certain period of time or have so many posts the trade forum will open up to you. (Sorry I forget which it is.)

Remember it's only been 4 days and brf can take a while. They start slow esp with the moisture off. 4cc a syringe is pretty off but they should start. (I can't promise anything though)

There are quite a few people here that know way more then I do about the shrooms
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/postlist.php/Board/2

But for fun here is my tek on brf.
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=62&Number=1858673&fpart=&PHPSESSID=

--------------------

OfflineDimo114
Ranger
Male User Gallery

#580253 - 08/22/11 10:31 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

The trade forum is an actual forum??:O ..expression?
Anyway, im a noob so i assume it'll take me a while. I guess ill just order some more syringes.
And it's been 5 days, but also, I only messed with the watter content on the first 2 jars (first 1 got 4 cc second 3), the rest are fine, and the last 2 got a half cc each.
Ill still leave them up there cause i'll be using different jars (wbs) and everything. Btw, I put one on top of the light fixture I made. Just to see what happens lol..

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #580262 - 08/22/11 11:21 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

:tongue:

--------------------

InvisibleMuggles

#580310 - 08/23/11 07:52 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

:popcorn:

OfflineDimo114
Ranger
Male User Gallery

Re: First grow, 12 powerfull cfls, soil. ANY help will be GRAT LY appreciated [Re: Muggles]
    #580414 - 08/23/11 02:15 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Maah :heart: :mushroom2:

I saw (and killed) two small flies(too small to tell what kind) in the groroom. Should I be woried? I checked the whole space very thoroughly after, and found nothing.

Invisiblec99hunter
 User Gallery

#580417 - 08/23/11 02:34 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Get some sticky fly strips, NOT the kind that contain poisons, just the kind that are sticky. :smile: Thats just my preference, some people dont mind poisons in their rooms, I however will not put poisons in my room. I would rather lose a crop to infestation then put poisons in with my product, I wont put anything in the tent unless I would smoke the end product as well. :thumbup:

OfflineDimo114
Ranger
Male User Gallery

Re: First grow, 12 powerfull cfls, soil. ANY help will be GRAT LY appreciated [Re: c99hunter]
    #580421 - 08/23/11 02:44 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Thanks, that was fast.
Im at my conv. Store right now, but all they have is the poison ones. Would a certain type of tape work? Or does it need some kind of bait

Invisiblec99hunter
 User Gallery

#580431 - 08/23/11 03:08 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

I forget which ones I had gotten when I needed them, all I know is it said it was just sticky with some type of bait. And others listed there was some type of poison in it so I didnt get those. I mean it's not like the things emit a poison or anything, I just didnt want the sticky stuff to accidentally touch a bud etc etc.

OfflineDimo114
Ranger
Male User Gallery

#580440 - 08/23/11 03:43 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Gochu :thumbup:
btw, did you hang them, or stick them to the walls, horizontally?

Invisiblec99hunter
 User Gallery

#580448 - 08/23/11 04:06 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

I hung them in each corner of the tent and one above the light and each one was catching them. After a while I didn't need them any more, but I also stopped using soil completely. I tried getting as close to the plants as possible without touching them and I think I even put one down on the top of the pots and wrapped it around to touch the top of each pot.I did wait quite a while before I actually did anything about the flies because they weren't harmful, just annoying as hell. But those traps definitely took care of the problem :thumbup:

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #580457 - 08/23/11 05:48 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

If they are white flys you want the yellow colored sticky cards. They are very attracted to them and they can help control a white fly problem without using any poisons. :thumbup:

--------------------

OfflineDimo114
Ranger
Male User Gallery

#580489 - 08/23/11 08:06 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Ok thanks ill grab a few tomorow. Do you think a gardening/hydroponics store will have them? Or just random convinience store?
I googled it, but I dont recognise any of the store names

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder