Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineDimo114
Ranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: White House
Re: First grow, 12 powerfull cfls, soil. ANY help will be GRAT LY appreciated [Re: Magash]
    #583621 - 09/04/11 10:48 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Ya I ph everything now lol. I took an empty cup, filled it w/ my soil mix and watered it with same nutes as I use (fox farm), then measured the runoff of that. I just watered the day before so I figured this was the best I could do. Came out beetween 6 & 7 but closer to 6.

The last pic is the strains I wanna use for sog. Is it a good choice? anyone know strains that worked well?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineDimo114
Ranger
Male User Gallery

Re: First grow, 12 powerfull cfls, soil. ANY help will be GRAT LY appreciated [Re: Dimo114]
    #583623 - 09/04/11 10:53 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Btw, I only have dolomite lime as ph^, and no ph down. Is is bad to have a ph of more then 7, or is low ph only bad cuz it burns the roots?

P.S. Sorry for slacking on the pics, my browser force closes 9/10 times when I try to upload:(  ill try to keep them coming every day from now on tho.

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: First grow, 12 powerfull cfls, soil. ANY help will be GRAT LY appreciated [Re: Dimo114]
    #583631 - 09/05/11 02:11 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

You want to keep that ph in the 6.5 range but 7 is tolerable. Those strains will work but you want to get them from someplace other then Dutch Passion.

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

OfflineDimo114
Ranger
Male User Gallery

Re: First grow, 12 powerfull cfls, soil. ANY help will be GRAT LY appreciated [Re: Magash]
    #583682 - 09/05/11 12:02 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Yeah it says upper cannada seed bank and then dutch passion, so it was confusing.
I'm paranoid to order from the U.S. cause I live in a non-medicinal state so I think they would track it or something....but now that I think about it, I didnt base that on ANYTHING >.< lol. But really, is it safe?

Also, I couldn't find the martha closet or anything like it at home depot or k-mart. Starting to think I wont find one anywhere. So what do you think is a next best fruiting chamber (if sterility is most important, and budget is no problem)?
Btw, whats your opinion on the "flip pf jars after 50% colonization" thing? mine are just a little past that, and the rate of colonization seems to be slowing down. but then again, I might just be telling myself that...fiendin to go on a trip:mushroom2:

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #583709 - 09/05/11 03:38 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Nah, when they find that seeds are being sent they take the seeds out of the package and put in a note saying that they have taken the seeds and that if you want to try to get them it tells you how to contact them. (which I don't suggest you do if you ever get one)

As far as the closet goes ends up they can be found at a lot of different places. Just about any department store and I'm sure bed bath and beyond has them.

They look like this

Do a search under portable closets.

Yeah flipping the jars is a good idea. Remember there not grain jars there brf so they take way longer then doing rye or wbs. I've had brf jars take two months, also the right temps are crucial to there success. When the jars are fully colonized on the outside give then two more days or so for the centers to finish because if there not finished and you try to fruit them they will rot or mold before you see any shrooms.

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

OfflineDimo114
Ranger
Male User Gallery

#584002 - 09/06/11 08:38 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Thanks, gotchu.

Update (the pics are from yesturday.)

The last pic is the ak48sm. Im keeping them under 4 26watt cfls for now (24/7 lights on). Theres also 3 poppy plants in there (got them free w/ my spores, so threw them in the ground and 3 sprouted.), hopefully they will help reduce smell later on.

OfflineEl zorro
Stranger
    #584014 - 09/06/11 10:30 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

I've grown a lot of poppies. I've also harvested a million poppy heads.
Been using them for many years on and off for pain.
Just so you know I'm no stranger to poppies.

How, may I ask, will the poppies reduce the smell in the room?

OfflineDimo114
Ranger
Male User Gallery

Re: First grow, 12 powerfull cfls, soil. ANY help will be GRAT LY appreciated [Re: El zorro]
    #584043 - 09/06/11 02:58 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Just an educated (or, I guess, not) guess. I thought every plant has a smell, even if not a very strong one.
And I did say that I basically dont know anything about poppys. And I do have 2 more reasons for doing this:
1. Im really unexperienced when it comes to plant life in general, so (if im lucky) this might turn into a learning experience.
2. I kiinda always wanted to experiment w/ opium, but everything out in the streets is dirty (i assume you know wat I mean, o king of poppys :b)

Do you think i'll be able to grow them tograther with the girls? And whats a good pot size for blue afgani poppy (as in to minimize space)?

OfflineDimo114
Ranger
Male User Gallery

#584080 - 09/06/11 06:02 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Ok, I got an offer from a friend (the only other person who knows whats going on in my closet;) ). He wants to pay for a nice setup, and let me keep it after. For this he wants 2 pounds of piff. With what he can invest, I can buy 4 400 watters, and ventilation/reflectors/blah. My only consern is electricity spikes tipping the cops off.
I did read all the posts relating to this, but if someone could please reasure me that about 3500w (w/ veg. lighys and all) is normish/safeish it would solve all of my problems. I will not be using ANY other appliences in that location. 3500 is not even going to be used, thats a safety number.

OfflineDimo114
Ranger
Male User Gallery

#584081 - 09/06/11 06:09 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Oh, and if this isnt an appropriate question for a journal, please let me know. I just realised that might be the case.

Invisiblec99hunter
 User Gallery

#584084 - 09/06/11 06:22 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

That kind of usage would run me about 130 bucks a month if running it 12 hours a day for 30 days. If you're not using anything else at the site then that usage is pretty low.

As for 2 elbows for 4 400 watters, He is definitely getting the better end of the deal by FAR! My god dude, your end product should be around 3-4 grand a lb. Not to mention, you will need much more then just the 4- 400 watt lamps, ventilation, nutes, electric consumption, etc etc.

edit, just realized you mentioned the ventilation etc etc with the 4 lights my bad. But I would still not do it. There is no guarantee that you will pull that your first go around, and friends become enemies quick if they become greedy and 9 times out of ten......in this game.....they will..........especially if they are not the one growing and know where the grow is at,they start feeling entitled to the fruits of YOUR labor. Add THEIR money to the situation and it makes it even worse. Its A TERRIBLE idea in MY opinion.

OfflineDimo114
Ranger
Male User Gallery

Re: First grow, 12 powerfull cfls, soil. ANY help will be GRAT LY appreciated [Re: c99hunter]
    #584089 - 09/06/11 06:45 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Great sucsess!! Yak sh'mash!
No really, im very happy. Thank you very much sir.

And bro, cmon, im going to have 2 pounds (if I yield .5g/w) every month after, cause im doing sog. I would never be able to save up the 3k to start it though. And hoooly shit, can u sell ME a pizza for 3000?? Best I get is 4800, and I still resell it for more....to people who sell it again lol.

btw, do you think its better to use cfls or t5s for mother/clones. Ive read so many different takes on this lately, that I confused myself -.-

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: First grow, 12 powerfull cfls, soil. ANY help will be GRAT LY appreciated [Re: c99hunter]
    #584090 - 09/06/11 06:54 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

I'd listen to what c99 said. 2 lbs for what your saying and your loosing out big-time.

With what you could get for that 2 lbs would pay for the grow system your talking about 3 or 4 times.

As far as the power spike 3600 isn't shit. When they look for grow ops with power they look for more like 8000 watt spikes. (Unless your here in Cali where they don't give a shit cause all my gardens are 8000 watts each. :wink: )

T5s are better then cfl for just about anything.

--------------------

OfflineDimo114
Ranger
Male User Gallery

#584094 - 09/06/11 07:21 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

I literary have no other words but - I fucking love you guys for this. Fastest replys to most important questions!...man I gotta figure out a way to repay(lack of a better term) you people.

And yeah, its a bad deal, but hes my best friend since high school , so im glad hes gonna make a lot.
I would still never agree to this, if I could somehow afford the setup myself; the same guy let me borrow money for my hps too...
Oh and another thing is, he is paying my rent (700/m) for the next 3 months.

Basically I dont care if im being ripped off, or doing too much work for a while or w.e., but thanks a lot for the advice, I know you mean best:) and know best lol

OfflineDimo114
Ranger
Male User Gallery

#584095 - 09/06/11 07:24 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Ok gotchu, t5s it is. Didnt even notice cause im so excited >.>

Also, my friend said he found a shroom connect but they are black, and he says there amazon...bs, or possible?

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #584097 - 09/06/11 07:30 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

There black? Yeah eat those at your own risk but no way in fucking hell I'd eat em.

With the 2100 bucks you basicly owe him for the rent and the price of the grow stuff he said he'd buy it comes out close to even I guess. (even enough) :growingweed:

--------------------

OfflineDimo114
Ranger
Male User Gallery

#584116 - 09/06/11 08:24 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Yeah now (like an hour later) he says there truffles...a little too sketchy for me.

And, truth is, hes making more then 100% proffit. Its 3000 for equipment and 2100 rent, but like I said, its very easy to get 5000 a P where im from, and he sells by O's for 400 each so its even more. It used to be much worse when I started toking though; finding quality buds period, for any price was rare, while regs (and I mean reg regs, where you get as much seeds/stems as flowers per bag) were selling for 15 a gram.
Another thing I didnt mention is he agreed to let me keep an oz of each strain (3 of em), if I only get 2 pounds combined...im hoping for like 1000 grams tho :b. Thats .65/w...reasonable expectations? Btw I decided on Big Bud, White Widow and Skunk(forgot which exactly) from attitude seed bank.

OfflineDimo114
Ranger
Male User Gallery

#584119 - 09/06/11 08:33 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Haha I told the connect that I know hes trying to scheme, and he said this: "yo you dont know shit about shrooms, there supposed to be black if there dry"

I wonder how many people will get poisoned by this ass...i would have totally belived him if this happened a year ago. Thank god for the shroo/grow erys.

P.S. Just wanna say, again, that im typing on my phone, which is why I spell like a 11-year-old :grin:

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #584195 - 09/07/11 05:39 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Do any of these look black?

The guy is a fucking moron.

--------------------

OfflineDimo114
Ranger
Male User Gallery

#584205 - 09/07/11 07:13 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Update.
and she finally stinks! Heavy skunky smell:)

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags