Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Penis Envy Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: First grow, 12 powerfull cfls, soil. ANY help will be GRAT LY appreciated [Re: Dimo114]
    #585228 - 09/10/11 05:40 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Damn it my bad. I forgot you were planning to a SOG and you did tell me. I just get a lot of PM's and stuff and tend to get peoples grows mixed up. 4 per sq foot is good. Each of those 600 will do a 9x9 square with some scraggly plants on the outer edges outside the 9x9 area. Don't forget you can make bubble hash from the scraggly plants and the trim off of the the good buds.

Once you get good at the hash thing you won't even want to smoke the bud.

but that is for a later time. You have good strains picked but remember some strains need more time in veg then others. The strain I used in the pics of the SOG are a strain called Sweet 16 that I bred myself and breeding that strain took me almost 8 years of work to get a strain that grows straight up with almost no branching. To be honest I haven't seen another that really does it like that.

Here's the pic that everybody has seen a million times

Here is a side shot taken a little earlier in flowering that you can see it has minimal branching.

Like I said I bred that strain specifically for SOG grows and I don't know anybody else that has done a project just for SOG growers. I've seen plenty that say good for SOG but not made just for it.

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineDimo114
Ranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: White House
Re: First grow, 12 powerfull cfls, soil. ANY help will be GRAT LY appreciated [Re: Magash]
    #585261 - 09/10/11 10:27 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

No worries, I cant even imagine the amount of people bothering you every day..like me:tongue2: lol. I deff cant imagine balancing that w/ growing 1000 plants and chemo..

Quote:

Magash said:
Each of those 600 will do a 9x9 square with some scraggly plants on the outer edges outside the 9x9 area. Don't forget you can make bubble hash from the scraggly plants and the trim off of the the good buds.

Wait 81sq ft per 600watt? O.o I thought its 50watts per sq ft? Or do u mean 9sq ft?

I thought you only did 4 plants per sq ft because you have that strain, but if it will increase yield, ill deffinetly do 4 w/ the strains ill have. Btw do sqare pots really make a difference over growbags?
Also, I saw in some thread, that you sell the strain in cali; I would deffinetly want to get in on that, if thats still the case.:eek:

OfflineDimo114
Ranger
Male User Gallery

Re: First grow, 12 powerfull cfls, soil. ANY help will be GRAT LY appreciated [Re: Dimo114]
    #585265 - 09/10/11 10:50 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Update.
Got nute burn on the plant that I cant figure out the sex of. flushed w/ 2.5 galons of ph'd poland spring, ph of the runoff was 6.5. The hps really fucks w/ my phone cammera, ill try to get a new one asap...but heres the best I can do for now

First is the pic of the burn. A lot of leafs are like this...
Second is the flowering auto
Third is top view of the closet.

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #585304 - 09/11/11 01:47 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Or do u mean 9sq ft?

Yup, 9 sq ft for each 600watter.

I fucked up I meant each 600 will do a 3x3 ft square. Man I'm really on the fucking ball today.

Quote:

Btw do square pots really make a difference over growbags?

Not really esp if you consider that you can make the grow bags into a square shape if you want as your filling them with soil. I've never found enough of a difference to do that though.

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

OfflineDimo114
Ranger
Male User Gallery

Re: First grow, 12 powerfull cfls, soil. ANY help will be GRAT LY appreciated [Re: Magash]
    #585438 - 09/11/11 05:31 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Ok got it. So 9sq ft times 4 plants per ft times (this is a worst case senario, im guessing) 5g a plant comes out to 180g per 600 watts. So beetween the two 600watters I will yield about 12.5 oz :/
I read that you got a half ounce average per plant (for a total of almost 2 pounds with my setup), but I understand that thats impossible without that strain, and that topaz-green thumb lol. But shouldnt sog get me .5 grams per watt at least? In the senario above im getting like .27.
Then again, im probably overthinking it, or underthinking I guess.....AM I? Im scared @.@

OfflineDimo114
Ranger
Male User Gallery

#585452 - 09/11/11 06:27 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Up da te
after flushing, the plant that was burned went fucking beserk. and so did the plant with the white dots....wiiiierd

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: First grow, 12 powerfull cfls, soil. ANY help will be GRAT LY appreciated [Re: Dimo114] * 1
    #585470 - 09/11/11 07:12 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

I read that you got a half ounce average per plant (for a total of almost 2 pounds with my setup), but I understand that thats impossible without that strain, and that topaz-green thumb lol. But shouldnt sog get me .5 grams per watt at least? In the senario above im getting like .27.

Many strains can keep up with Sweet 16 in yeild when it comes to SOG Sweet 16 just make things easy. Now you should be able to get .5 grams per watt with the strains you have chosen but remember I didn't use 600watters I used 1000s. I'm not a huge fan of 600s. There are more people that like them over 1000s then not though so I wouldn't sweat it.

--------------------

OfflineDimo114
Ranger
Male User Gallery

#585517 - 09/11/11 08:15 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Hmm I thought because sweet 16 grows like a baseball bat, you dont have to trim it. And without stress it would concentrate on bud production more.
anyway, I checked it out, and the strains I picked all have 9-10 weeks flowering time. I searched for higher then average yield+8 weeks max, but found nothing. Can you pleease recomend a strain that comes even kinda close to that?
Google just wasnt meant for this -.-

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #585550 - 09/11/11 09:29 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

I had good luck with Doc Atomics Northern Lights. The strain is a 8 week strain and produces well. I used it in SOG. https://www.seedboutique.com/ProductDetails.aspx?ProductID=17886&Name=SeedList-Dr-Atomic-Atomic-Northern-Lights&Type=PD

Chimera's C4 was another good one for SOG

https://www.seedboutique.com/ProductDetails.aspx?ProductID=17851&Name=SeedList-Chimera-Seeds-C4&Type=PD

Here are a few others I grew out and liked
https://www.seedboutique.com/ProductDetails.aspx?ProductID=17925&Name=SeedList-Nirvana-Seeds-Standard-Aurora-Indica&Type=PD

https://www.seedboutique.com/ProductDetails.aspx?ProductID=17935&Name=SeedList-Nirvana-Seeds-Standard-Papaya&Type=PD

https://www.seedboutique.com/ProductDetails.aspx?ProductID=17940&Name=SeedList-Nirvana-Seeds-Standard-Swiss-Cheese&Type=PD

I had good luck with AK-48 https://www.seedboutique.com/ProductDetails.aspx?ProductID=18797&Name=SeedList-Nirvana-Seeds-Standard-AK-48&Type=PD

Other then the AK-48 it's been some time since I've grown out a strain other then my own or one that came from a club. (I've always been fond of Grandaddy Purple)

This one is a huge yielder. https://www.seedboutique.com/ProductDetails.aspx?ProductID=18714&Name=SeedList-Mr-Nice-Seeds-Critical-Mass&Type=PD

here is a very good strain that has a 8 week flowering time. Grown it many times.
http://www.cannabis-seeds-bank.co.uk/next-generation-island-sweet-skunk/prod_1690.html

and if you can find a strain called Kish by a breeder named Cash Crop Ken you will want that or a strain called Shiskaberry.

--------------------

OfflineDimo114
Ranger
Male User Gallery

#585666 - 09/12/11 08:04 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

:Awemush:
thanks magash, exactly what I was looking for.:nyan:

Critical mass is perfect, ill take ak48 because I have ak48 autos right now, so I will get to somewhat see how they grow and what is normal. I never got my cheese seeds from amstardam seed bank, so swiss cheese is perfect too.

By the way, the auto that I have flowering is deffinetly lowryder #2. I got it for free with my ak48 autos, so I didnt know untill now and thought it was near-impossible to tell but I stumbled on a journal where the guy was growing lowryder, and it looked just like mine did at that age http://www.growery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/566112#566112

I decided to try cloning right now, even though I dont know the sex of my plant, at least to have more branches to clone later if its a girl. im guessing for every one I chop, 2 will grow? Or does that only apply to the top (hst)?
Im making a dome from a steralite container and going to be using 3" fiber pots and 60/40 perlite/vermiculite medium...budget issues. Im going to use mg rooting hormone because it was the only one at ACE. Pics coming up.

OfflineDimo114
Ranger
Male User Gallery

#585737 - 09/12/11 01:41 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Ta da

Temp: 84
RH: 77%

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #585749 - 09/12/11 02:40 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

You want to keep that humidity up pretty high. Treat em like they they are mushrooms. :wink:

--------------------

OfflineDimo114
Ranger
Male User Gallery

#585959 - 09/13/11 07:37 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Magash said:
You want to keep that humidity up pretty high. Treat em like they they are mushrooms. :wink:

Its funny you should say that, im actually using perlite for humidification:mushroom2:. I filled a cup with perlite, added water untill wet, poured acces water off and slammed the cup on the tray, creating mt. Perlite :idea:. Did this 4 times, and misted the shit out of the closet every few hours yesterday, but have work 9-9 today, so im not sure the clones will make it.

Btw, the more I think about it, the more sense I see in getting 1000 watters instead of 600. The price difference is like 50$, but I was wondering if you remember the cfm and number of fans you used for the 2 1000 setup. I have the room for it, thats for sure.

OfflineDimo114
Ranger
Male User Gallery

#585966 - 09/13/11 07:58 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Update.
the LR is 7 weeks old today, and still only showing white hairs. Getting frosty though. :bow2: ..wish I had a decent cammera.

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #585997 - 09/13/11 01:09 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

. The price difference is like 50$, but I was wondering if you remember the cfm and number of fans you used for the 2 1000 setup. I have the room for it, thats for sure.

At that time I used 1 - 8 inch fan. I forget the exact airflow that it had but it was more then I needed.

--------------------

OfflineDimo114
Ranger
Male User Gallery

#586027 - 09/13/11 05:17 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

And wow, I already have 2 6" inline fan+carbon filter (Tallboy) combos. They are 250-somethin cfm, but with the filters im guessing about 100. BUT I do have a (literary) unlimited supply of computer fans, and I just had a crazy idea that just might work. I am going to construct ducting compleatly from 6" computer fans (ok like 4 per ft), and once I figure out how to manage  the spider web of wires that come with the idea, ill be able to turn on as many as I need to have a steady temp. all year round!....too crazy? The only problem I see is too much weight, but HTG has hangars for like 12$ so I think im going threw with this.

OfflineDimo114
Ranger
Male User Gallery

#586429 - 09/15/11 11:18 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Update

OfflineDimo114
Ranger
Male User Gallery

#586589 - 09/16/11 07:28 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Should I trim away the lower leafs & shots? Or is it too late for that?

OfflineDimo114
Ranger
Male User Gallery

#586592 - 09/16/11 09:23 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

OfflineDimo114
Ranger
Male User Gallery

#587100 - 09/17/11 11:46 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Penis Envy Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck