Home | Community | Message Board

High Mountain Gold Compost
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisiblec99hunter
 User Gallery
Re: First grow, 12 powerfull cfls, soil. ANY help will be GRATLY apreciated [Re: Dimo114]
    #579854 - 08/21/11 12:49 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Dimo114 said:
Btw, I don't know much about spores, and mine were white (is that normal for golden teachers?), but those syringes look more packed w/ spores then mario 2 lol

They were white when making a spore print or white inside the syringe? If they were white inside the syringe, they probably just germinated inside there and you were seeing mycelium  :smile:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineDimo114
Ranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: White House
Re: First grow, 12 powerfull cfls, soil. ANY help will be GRATLY apreciated [Re: c99hunter]
    #579862 - 08/21/11 01:05 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

O.o I bought the syringes. They were always white..so im fucked?
I thought its just some spores that are black :sad:

Invisiblec99hunter
 User Gallery
Re: First grow, 12 powerfull cfls, soil. ANY help will be GRATLY apreciated [Re: Dimo114]
    #579877 - 08/21/11 02:09 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Im confused, what was white? I am assuming/guessing that it is just germinated spores and if thats the case, your jars will prolly just colonize faster. :smile: Can you get a pic?

OfflineDimo114
Ranger
Male User Gallery

Re: First grow, 12 powerfull cfls, soil. ANY help will be GRATLY apreciated [Re: c99hunter]
    #579902 - 08/21/11 03:06 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Here, i dont think you will see it tho. Inside there are white flake-like particles. They swen partially see-through too. And if your theory would enable them to colonize faster, then (sadly) you are mistaken. Today is day 5 (4 full days past) and no sign of a colony on any of the 16....

OfflineDimo114
Ranger
Male User Gallery

#579907 - 08/21/11 03:21 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

SOS
I think I got contam on the roots :frown:(
what should I do???

Invisiblec99hunter
 User Gallery
    #579913 - 08/21/11 03:52 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

No, if it was germinated spores that was causing the "white" It would be fluffy cottony looking and would definitely cause the colonization to go faster because they are already germinated and automatically go into colonization mode. It's not a theory, people do it all the time by making liquid cultures.

I can't make out anything in the pics of the syringes, but that second post looks like green shit to me. I would throw it away and not think about it any more. Where'd ya get your spores from?

So it doesn't seem much like mycelium, but more like paper or some other type of something from what the spore print was on when they made the spore syringe. But that's a complete guess.

Offlinemuse42
Zomberrific

Loc: West Coast
    #579915 - 08/21/11 03:56 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

I assume those are the roots of your marijuana plants that have the green shit growing in them and not the mushroom jars.  That is what happens when you put plants in clear containers...  Sorry I don't know what to do if anything.

Most of the spores that you buy online are not near as concentrated as Magnash's home made syringes.  Your's should be fine.

--------------------
It looks like it's going to be another Gravity Bong type day...

OfflineDimo114
Ranger
Male User Gallery

Re: First grow, 12 powerfull cfls, soil. ANY help will be GRATLY apreciated [Re: muse42]
    #579924 - 08/21/11 04:16 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Aaaaaw I am fucked...and ya I was talking about roots. But I put foil around them days ago, I noticed this today, before I was about to repot. The green is concentrated at tops of the pots (except the little seedling), so ill just try to kinda...u know...scrape-n-scratch it off. Or is there something that I need to add to the soil/water. I will research asap, but will check back a lot...im scared lol

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #579948 - 08/21/11 05:57 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Ok, going from the pic of the roots the contam may just be algea. Just scrape it. Now if it was a mushroom jar then they are done for.

White in the syringe? That means the spores have started to germ in the water cause if they are white spores then they arn't the kind of mushrooms you want to grow. (If you bought the syringes then it's just myc starting to grow. Use the syringes very soon and they will colonize the jars fast.)

I'm lazy so I just put a entire print in each syringe cause I make em by the hundreds. That way if I have a bad print it's kept to one syringe.

The perlite will work but not with the air-stones going. Plus it tends to grow a ton of algae on the white rocks cause you use way more water then the typical perlite setup.

Oh yeah I almost forgot. Shake up those syringes and break up those white flakes as much as you can so the get to as many spots in the jar as possible.

I think that covers it :wink:

If ya have more questions ask em. That's why we are all her to help each other out. :happyweed::flyhigh::awedance::omgawesome::getstoned:

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

OfflineDimo114
Ranger
Male User Gallery

Re: First grow, 12 powerfull cfls, soil. ANY help will be GRAT LY appreciated [Re: Magash]
    #579966 - 08/21/11 06:57 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Thanks! And (not really a surprise) you were right, its algae and its stuck to the container, not the soil or roots.
Even though I'd really love for u too be right about the spores too, but the thing is, its been 4 full days since inoculation, and no signs of growth..how long would the mycelium survive in the syringe?

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: First grow, 12 powerfull cfls, soil. ANY help will be GRAT LY appreciated [Re: Dimo114]
    #579984 - 08/21/11 07:31 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

That I'm not sure about. Remember the moisture content may be off so that may be what is making the spores take a while cause even if the myc started to grow there will still be some spores in the solution but if the moisture content is way off (I can't see em so I have to guess on how over the moisture content is) they may never start. I over did some jars and they took 17 days to start but they did start and ended up finishing.
BRF jars also take longer to show signs then grain jars do. With BRF jars I keep em a few weeks before I trip with grains jars if the jars aren't completely done in two weeks I chuck em.

This jar was 9 days old when the pic was taken.

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

OfflineDimo114
Ranger
Male User Gallery

Re: First grow, 12 powerfull cfls, soil. ANY help will be GRAT LY appreciated [Re: Magash]
    #579993 - 08/21/11 08:00 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Wow 9 days..did you use your tek (the one you showed me) for it? And I have 2 more syringes that are the same way, I guess if I see growth on the brf, ill inoc. Grain. I already have all the materials except the grain itself. Do you think its a good idea to buy organic grains and mix them, or just get the home depo stuff? And there is no watter on the bottom of the jars, just sweating where I poked it.

Thanks for giving me some hope.
About to transplant and post pics. Btw does it make sence to train autos?

OfflineDimo114
Ranger
Male User Gallery

Re: First grow, 12 powerfull cfls, soil. ANY help will be GRAT LY appreciated [Re: Dimo114]
    #580032 - 08/21/11 10:58 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

To clarify, by "does it make sense to train autos?" I mean does it make sense to do it if I am going to swich them to 2700k "soft white" bulbs in about a week to make room for the 5 auto-fem ak 48's. Also is 420 watts of cfl reasonable for a 2x2 space?
Im doing this from my phone (paranoid about ip), so typing is difficult and kinda confusing. Sorry

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #580034 - 08/21/11 11:49 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

.did you use your tek (the one you showed me) for it?

Yup, that's what I do every time I grow on just grains.

Quote:

Do you think its a good idea to buy organic grains and mix them, or just get the home depo stuff?

I only use organic grains. Some of the store bought stuff is treated and the spores won't grow on it.

Quote:

And there is no watter on the bottom of the jars, just sweating where I poked it.

They should work then. They may take a while but they should work buuuuut I can't say for sure.

Quote:

Btw does it make sence to train autos?

Sure. That should be fine. There are others around here that have more exp with autos then me that may chime in.

Quote:

Also is 420 watts of cfl reasonable for a 2x2 space?

It should be just barely. I pretty much recommend to people 250watts of HID for the same space so it will be close.

Quote:

Im doing this from my phone (paranoid about ip), so typing is difficult and kinda confusing. Sorry

I wouldn't worry about it much. Put it this way their coming after me before they come after you. :wink: and it's just as easy to trace back a phone to the owner as a computer.

Quote:

5 auto-fem ak 48's

Ahhhhh...good old AK-48. I haven't grown the auto version but this is what I did with the normal version of it.

--------------------

OfflineDimo114
Ranger
Male User Gallery

#580076 - 08/22/11 07:38 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Ok, the only reason I even started with cfl is because the only way for me to get HID is through the internet. I heard of people using security lights, but they are nowhere near the right spectrum...right? Or is there a safe (privacy-wise) site to order them? I mean i'm sure there is, but I have no way of knowing for sure because they all say that.
Here are my best attempts to take a clear pic of the jar that got the most spore solution. If you can see, theres actually a void where it was inoc., and sweating all around that spot. In this jar, I can see  that the substrate is more wet at the bottom. Not enouph to form water drops or puddles, but clearly more wet. I just want to know if the other syringes are viable. If you could recomend a trustworthy place to order them, that would be great too. I ordrered these from sporeworks.

OfflineDimo114
Ranger
Male User Gallery

#580079 - 08/22/11 07:52 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Cant keep writing on my phone after posting pics...n.e.way, all the green algae came off the containers, I watered after repoting, so 1 morr and on to foxfarm nutes. Btw
that ak48 nug says it all....all my hopes and dreams lmao.
Also I think a phone is only traceable is gps is enabled. Even though you DEFFINETLY make a valid point when you say they'd go after you first lol.

Invisiblec99hunter
 User Gallery
    #580100 - 08/22/11 10:31 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

If you got the spores from sporeworks, you got them from a TOP NOTCH vendor for sure! :thumbup: I would say your syringes are 100% viable and contam free if that's where they are from! :stoned:

OfflineDimo114
Ranger
Male User Gallery

Re: First grow, 12 powerfull cfls, soil. ANY help will be GRAT LY appreciated [Re: c99hunter]
    #580107 - 08/22/11 11:12 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

O: but theyre supposed to be spores. I did see lots of good reviews, and it being listed as a #1 most trusted somewhere. But they (the syringes) looked suspicious to begin with. the needle was not separate, but atouched ti the syringe. the ziplock bag had what could only be visualy described as a dried piss stain (thankfully on the outside).
I know it was probably human eror w.e, and like 1 in a million is not viable....it's just that this shit always happens to me >.< my pressure cooker came in without a gauge, and im still waiting for Cheese fem seeds I ordered 2 MONTHS AGO WITH EXPRESS SHIPPING. Ya. Marijuanaseedbank.com  - scumbags with 0 custumer service.

Not bashing anyone. Its true from my experience tho..

OfflinePernicious
Stranger Danger
Male User Gallery

Loc: East Coast
    #580126 - 08/22/11 11:56 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

dude that seedbank sucks. ill bash them all day long lol same with hemp depot and dr. chronic. only banks ill order from are bc bud depot, attitude and the vancouver seed bank. usually i just go direct to the breeder tho (you always get hooked up fatter)

i have been really curious about Rhino seeds though but there are like literally zero reviews outside the website itself which always sketches me out.

and weak, sounds like you got some shitty luck bro.

OfflineDimo114
Ranger
Male User Gallery

Re: First grow, 12 powerfull cfls, soil. ANY help will be GRAT LY appreciated [Re: Pernicious]
    #580138 - 08/22/11 12:47 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

I WIIISH I knew a breeder, or at least someone who makes prints/syringes...

Im gonna be the first around these parts <[:D

And ya, shitty luck is a mild way to word it...

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals