Home | Community | Message Board

Royal Queen Seeds Cannabis Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleDrGreenThumb
Male User Gallery

Loc: Phish Tour Flag
Trusted Cultivator
8K+ Watt!!! 6K Flowering, 2K+ Veg. 12+ Strains! Step into the Freezer!
    #708899 - 01/20/14 11:51 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

It's been a few since I hung around these parts. Had the time of my life this summer but got back to work as soon as we got home. I missed pics the beginning of the build and I'm way behind on posting so this will be updated as I go along.

The plan was to add a 6K watt flowering room to the existing 2K watts. The results boggle my mind. Since I'm so far behind already, I will post all pics in chronological order as they were taken and explain them. Pay attention to the dates on the pics if that's important to you.

HERE WE GO!

STRAINS: Emerald Triangle Afghan '76's & Humboldt Seeds Organizations Promotion.

Emerald Triangle: 4X Bubba '76 & 4X Trinity Kush (a single from each pack never germinated)

HSO (2 of each): Green Crack, Lost Coast OG, Bubba Kush, Trainwreck, Desert Diesel, Amherst Sour Diesel

UFOs (2 of each): Delicious Seeds Cotton Candy, World of Seeds NLxSkunk

Germinated all on 11/6/13. This is how they looked when planted. Tiny root tip, into the solo cups. I would have preferred to use the 32oz. cups in the second picture but they were full of clones. The last pic I already had going and has nothing to do with this journal. Soil mix stays the same throughout, 50/50 of Sta-Green Moisture Max and regular el' cheapo Pro-Mix All Purpose to lighten the soil. Throw in a little Miracle-Gro blood and bone meal and you're good.

In the meantime, construction was already underway. If you look carefully at the last pic you can see where my little hallway and linen closet once was. Where the pole was used to be a wall with an empty room in the attic. We added on to the back side, moved the ceiling up, and moved the door back. Wish I had a few earlier pics but was so busy it never crossed my mind.

Then a whole pallet of fun came to my door. 6-inch Magnum XXXL Hoods, 1000W Galaxy Grow Amp Select-A-Watts (6 each). Hortilux HPS & MH (3 each, mixed spectrum flowering room). Vortex S-line 8" Inline Fan (a single, to cool ALL 6 HOODS).

At the same time the seedlings broke the surface. Here they are underneath the trusty OD shoplights. Run it CLOSE! Keep 'em short.

Then the electrician came and hooked me up with some juice! 8-Light 240V Titan Helios 8 Controller. Hooked up to it's own sub-panel with a little juice left over.

The room was sprayed down with Kilz 2 Primer. The final dimensions are 17'Wx13'Lx8.5'H. The last pic shows all the stuff back in the room, ready to hang, and the 8x6x6 Wye that I forgot in the original order. If you look at these pics in order it gives you a 360* view of the lab.

Ready for 5 gallon buckets, no holes in the bottom. They are 3 weeks old now and a week overdue for buckets, especially when starting in tiny solo cups. It took a little longer than expected to get the lights and ballasts hung. The last pic is the ballast rack with room for 2 more at the bottom. Here they are, still running close.

This is the first 3 lights vegging the seedlings one week later. There's a few missing from the group, which go under the 3rd light. I seem to have misplaced those pics somewhere.

So when I transplanted these into 5 gallons I took 4 clones from each. The first night that I took some clones from the cloner, I forgot to turn the water pump back on. Only took a few hours for them to completely dry out and I had to throw them all away and start over.

Luckily, it all worked out because the next set of clones I took were that much bigger and better. Here they are in the first 3 pictures. The rest are how they looked right after I tied them down. They were getting big and I was leaving for New Years vacation. I didn't want to fire up all 6 lights and not be here to supervise the process so the only option was to tie down. So we stayed up all night, filled the EZClone, tied most of them down, watered and hit the road first thing in the morning. It sucked but the results more than made up for it. All these pics were taken on 12/27. Cloner pics were taken at 2AM, plant pics were taken at 5AM, right before we left.

So when I got home a little over a week later things were way out of hand. They had bushed out and the first thing on my agenda was to get the rest of the lights running so I never got pics until I had spread them out. I was a few feet short on a lamp cord so that's why only 5 are lit in these pics. At this point they were still running 24/0 until my lamp extension got here. The cloner was out of hand so I had to get them in cups immediately.

2 days later the extension comes and all 6K get fired up. The 8" Vortex goes up to vent the hoods. Cloner gets moved to the veg room, which was the old flowering room. Flowering plants get moved to the corner to finish. Plants get more breathing room.

Here's the veg room from the same day. This NLxSkunk is the star of the show in there. Clones coming out of their transplant funk. Had no extra OD shoplights to use so I stuck them right under the 1000W MH. They're soaking it up.

Since then I've done a major pruning of the unders but I think I could have cut a little more. More to come.

--------------------
“Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.” -Dr. Seuss

Edited by DrGreenThumb (01/21/14 09:34 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineshagdawg420
spore hunter

Re: 8K+ Watt!!! 6K Flowering, 2K+ Veg. 12+ Strains! Step into the Freezer! [Re: DrGreenThumb]
    #708939 - 01/21/14 09:13 AM (10 years, 2 months ago)

:takingnotes:

--------------------
HUSTLER
How U Survive This Life Everyday Resourcefully

InvisibleDeadkndys420
 User Gallery

Loc: █████
Trusted Cultivator
Re: 8K+ Watt!!! 6K Flowering, 2K+ Veg. 12+ Strains! Step into the Freezer! [Re: shagdawg420]
    #708940 - 01/21/14 09:15 AM (10 years, 2 months ago)

Wow!

Looking nice.
:thumbup:

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Loc: Nepal Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: 8K+ Watt!!! 6K Flowering, 2K+ Veg. 12+ Strains! Step into the Freezer! [Re: Deadkndys420]
    #708944 - 01/21/14 09:31 AM (10 years, 2 months ago)

It's.....It's.....It's BEAUTIFUL  :drooling:  :bowdown:

--------------------

OfflineFarmer Joe
Male User Gallery

Loc: USA Flag
Re: 8K+ Watt!!! 6K Flowering, 2K+ Veg. 12+ Strains! Step into the Freezer! [Re: DrGreenThumb]
    #709025 - 01/21/14 04:52 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

Nice to see you back around these parts greenthumb.

Your room looks tight man. Those galaxy grow amps are the shit. I've got 2 600w grow amps runnin part of my veg room. They're light weight and easy to mount. I LOVE that the ballasts run on lower frequencies so they don't interfere with shit. My lumateks fuck with my tri-meter and it pisses me off :crankey:

I'll be watchin this grow!

--------------------
"Marijuana may not be addictive, but growing it is" - ED Rosenthal

Maine Caregiver In 100% compliance with Maine state laws.

InvisibleDrGreenThumb
Male User Gallery

Loc: Phish Tour Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: 8K+ Watt!!! 6K Flowering, 2K+ Veg. 12+ Strains! Step into the Freezer! [Re: Farmer Joe]
    #709058 - 01/21/14 09:51 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

Thanks guys. I see you've been just as busy me Farmer Joe. Good to see some old faces still here.

The Grow Amps were not my first choice but I couldn't find anywhere to source the Nano ballasts at the time. Given time constraints I took next best thing. I only have a single Nano in the arsenal and I love it!

As a side note, I had two Lumateks powering the old flowering room. Right before the 2 year mark for one, 1.5 year for the other; they started popping the circuit breaker on the side. I contacted the original seller and sent them back for warranty repair. They couldn't duplicate the problem so they sent them back to Lumatek for further testing. It wasn't too long later that 2 BRAND NEW Lumateks arrived at the door from the original seller with no explanation. I was mad as hell when I first sent them out but Lumatek made up for it, even if they do run a little hot.

Check out the UPDATE! I need to take some recent pics tonight. Things are getting crazy!

--------------------
“Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.” -Dr. Seuss

OfflineTank333
Psychotic Hippie
Male User Gallery

Loc: Washington
    #709062 - 01/21/14 10:43 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

That's real pretty in there, man! Lookin' great!

--------------------
My best run so far

InvisibleP-O

Re: 8K+ Watt!!! 6K Flowering, 2K+ Veg. 12+ Strains! Step into the Freezer! [Re: Tank333]
    #709068 - 01/22/14 12:00 AM (10 years, 2 months ago)

Thats a beautiful grow you got GreenThumb :cool:

These pics are great eye candy.... Looking forward to future updates :crazy2:

Invisiblefortheloveofnature
noob

Re: 8K+ Watt!!! 6K Flowering, 2K+ Veg. 12+ Strains! Step into the Freezer! [Re: P-O]
    #709074 - 01/22/14 12:49 AM (10 years, 2 months ago)

:whacker:

--------------------
Gymnopilus Luteofolius                  Gymnopilus Purpuratus                  G.luteofolius&G.luteoviridis

First grow (bagseed)

OfflineDoc
stoner
 User Gallery

Loc: New Caledonia
Re: 8K+ Watt!!! 6K Flowering, 2K+ Veg. 12+ Strains! Step into the Freezer! [Re: fortheloveofnature]
    #709200 - 01/22/14 01:23 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

Holy Shiitake Mushrooms!

--------------------
No one is free when others are oppressed

OfflineBluntguY 207
That Guy
 User Gallery

Loc: North East Coast Flag
Re: 8K+ Watt!!! 6K Flowering, 2K+ Veg. 12+ Strains! Step into the Freezer! [Re: Doc]
    #709239 - 01/22/14 06:23 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

That is impressive dr. Green tuumb!  Healthy looking bushes you got there! :bow2:

--------------------
"Self sufficient medical marijuana patient"

"I should be sponsered by Swisher Sweets":gethigh:

OfflineTribalSeed
SoulJah

Loc: Babylon
Re: 8K+ Watt!!! 6K Flowering, 2K+ Veg. 12+ Strains! Step into the Freezer! [Re: BluntguY 207]
    #709262 - 01/22/14 08:54 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

I love your setup. Its so clean and organized. Real professional man. I too have a WOS NLxSkunk going and it was the first to show sex and it withstood a lot of noob mistakes I have made.
Again man, I love how clean and organized your setup is. Fucking awesome.
:toast:

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order