Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore Boomr Bag   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisibleresincoatedlungs
Brickweed Aficionado
 User Gallery

Re: Tired of dealing with people..growing my own medicine. [Re: Blackd0ve420]
    #691275 - 10/31/13 04:54 PM (10 years, 4 months ago)

They look like they're ready to really take off!
When you get the HPS, you'll shit over how much faster growth is compared to CFL. :yesnod:
:goodluck:

--------------------
:psycho:

Man Eater

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineBlackd0ve420
 User Gallery

Re: Tired of dealing with people..growing my own medicine. [Re: resincoatedlungs]
    #691333 - 11/01/13 09:36 AM (10 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

resincoatedlungs said:
They look like they're ready to really take off!
When you get the HPS, you'll shit over how much faster growth is compared to CFL. :yesnod:
:goodluck:

Thanks! For sure they are! It's amazing how much they've grown in such a short time! And definitely looking forward to the HPS, I think the cfl's worked great for the seedlings, young veg, clones since I like to be active in the process I didn't mind moving the lights around with my ghetto setup :smile:. I will still use them to supplement but the canopy is getting bigger now so definitely need some high penetrating light to hang from up top. Eventually I'll probably use the cfl's to nurse the new baby afghan seedlings :smile:.

Offlinebudgrowerwannabe
Bum fighter
Male User Gallery

#691359 - 11/01/13 12:52 PM (10 years, 4 months ago)

Looken good man might want to steak a couple of them looken stretchy

OfflineBlackd0ve420
 User Gallery

Re: Tired of dealing with people..growing my own medicine. [Re: budgrowerwannabe]
    #691367 - 11/01/13 02:08 PM (10 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

budgrowerwannabe said:
Looken good man might want to steak a couple of them looken stretchy

Thanks bud :smile:. They're actually recovering from that lol, they been leaning up towards the light now and all are almost 100%. I expect the HPS to arrive this upcoming week. My afghan seeds should have germinated by tomorrow in which case I"ll plant some in some peat moss and whip out the mini GH again.

OfflineBlackd0ve420
 User Gallery

#691737 - 11/04/13 12:15 PM (10 years, 4 months ago)

Well my tent is starting to smell nice :smile:. I am seeing leaves coming out out of the nodes and I'm hoping to see some sexing within the month. I also just got my HID 150 hanging ballast today and it works great! I am still supplementing my plants with the cfl's but also using them for the afghan skunk/haze seeds I planted and they will be used to raise them  :smile:.

I bumped up feeding to 6ml step 1/6ml step 2 in 21 FL oz. Each plant gets about 3-4 fl oz. So far so good :smile:.

Offlinebudgrowerwannabe
Bum fighter
Male User Gallery

#691750 - 11/04/13 01:13 PM (10 years, 4 months ago)

:thumbup: lets see the new light !

OfflineBlackd0ve420
 User Gallery

Re: Tired of dealing with people..growing my own medicine. [Re: budgrowerwannabe]
    #691786 - 11/04/13 05:58 PM (10 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

It's a internal ballast sun system by HTG supply
There product is my #1 fav for lighting
The unit is 13 lbs with the cord and fresh Trinidad's.

It has had 1 month use but otherwise new :smile:.

Also through in some pics of my middies, and their root system. Love these clear cups [xD]

I have the HID mainly shining on the right side while the cfl's concentrate more left.

Probably will bump up the feeding to 7ml step 1/7 ml step 2 in 25-28 FL oz h2o. Their root system is probably developed enough where it can start shooting off some more green now.

Edited by Blackd0ve420 (11/04/13 06:17 PM)

Invisibleresincoatedlungs
Brickweed Aficionado
 User Gallery

#691794 - 11/04/13 06:25 PM (10 years, 4 months ago)

:awethumb:
I'd try to keep the HID centered, and use the CFLs for either bottom/side lighting or to supplement the top lighting by having them over to the side, but still shining on the tops.

Also, this is a good pic to reference, especially if you're new to using the HPS:

--------------------
:psycho:

Man Eater

OfflineBlackd0ve420
 User Gallery

Re: Tired of dealing with people..growing my own medicine. [Re: resincoatedlungs]
    #691797 - 11/04/13 06:31 PM (10 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

resincoatedlungs said:
:awethumb:
I'd try to keep the HID centered, and use the CFLs for either bottom/side lighting or to supplement the top lighting by having them over to the side, but still shining on the tops.

Also, this is a good pic to reference, especially if you're new to using the HPS:

I saw that chart before thanks for reminding me of it :hatsoff:. I agree with you on the CFL's. I want the HID to start doing the heavy lifting now mainly and assign the cfl's the roles of touching up on spots around the tent and giving those areas a little extra boost (Since I can arrange the lights very close without burning the plant). Something manual I can have myself do to help with the waiting :wink:.

I have it centered but it tilts slightly, not a big deal. I just figured I'd aim it more to the right since I have my cfl's focusing on the seeds/other plants. I've found them useful to help correct leaning plants. Just tame them with the direction of the light :thumbup:.

Edit: Also according to the chart it doesn't seem I'll be getting much lumen efficiency with the distance it's at now (at least two feet)...do you think I should try and rig something to hang it lower? Or just let nature take its course? They been on a growth spurt as of late so I'm sure they'll grow into it..

Edited by Blackd0ve420 (11/04/13 06:36 PM)

Offlinebudgrowerwannabe
Bum fighter
Male User Gallery

#691831 - 11/04/13 07:52 PM (10 years, 4 months ago)

Hey man I know those clear cups are cool u can see the roots but Im sure light kills roots so you need to cover those up asap!!

OfflineBlackd0ve420
 User Gallery

#691837 - 11/04/13 08:25 PM (10 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

budgrowerwannabe said:
Hey man I know those clear cups are cool u can see the roots but Im sure light kills roots so you need to cover those up asap!!

Thanks for the tip. I forgot it causes greening right? It's the first I saw how developed the root system was. Anyways I aired on the side of caution and wrapped the cups in some tinfoil :tinfoil:

Edited by Blackd0ve420 (11/04/13 09:26 PM)

Offlinebudgrowerwannabe
Bum fighter
Male User Gallery

#691854 - 11/04/13 11:40 PM (10 years, 4 months ago)

:stayfunky:guess that works

OfflineBlackd0ve420
 User Gallery

#692505 - 11/07/13 04:57 PM (10 years, 4 months ago)

I think I increased the dosage a little too much. I had it at about 25-30 oz h20 to 12-14 total ml of combined step 1/step 2. My biggest plant is showing some burnt tips and a couple burn spots (just on one leaf). I think I'm going to leech her and dial the nutes back a bit. The rest of them aren't showing any burn symptoms yet..

OfflineBlackd0ve420
 User Gallery

11-08-13 Update [Re: Blackd0ve420]
    #692626 - 11/08/13 11:56 AM (10 years, 4 months ago)

Light update: Thanks to a shroomery friend I got a spliter and also had some extra 26 watt 6500 k cfls. Upgrades! :wink:. I leeched the green potted plant and the tall purple thai, I think it helped. Will dial back the nutes to 6 for step 1 and maybe 5-6 for step 2. I hear a higher ratio of nitrogen helps increase your chances for females. Lot of growth going on in between the nodes.

OfflineBlackd0ve420
 User Gallery

Re: 11-08-13 Update [Re: Blackd0ve420]
    #693367 - 11/12/13 08:39 AM (10 years, 4 months ago)

Well I my thai in the blue pot bit the dust this morning. After that nute shock it hasn't been the same. Burned leaves, followed by severe drooping. Also a light accidently fell on one of the middies and snapped its main stem...my fault.

Just living the life as a beginner lol. The remaining four are pretty healthy. The remaining thai I believe is a female as I think I can see a pistil now/pre flowers.

So four plants remain at nearly 1.5 months. I'd say in two more weeks so the pre flowers can more fully develop then I'm switching that timer over to 12-12!

I am starting to germinate 4 more purple thai's and some more middies. Just in case. Will take a picture of the remaining on the 6th week which is this thursday. As for my feeding schedule I will be keeping it light, also might do it once every other day now.

OfflineBlackd0ve420
 User Gallery

#693532 - 11/13/13 12:00 PM (10 years, 4 months ago)

I just wanted to log that I got a few things while I was out to try and correct my pH problem until my which was in the 7.5-8 range..

I have a bottle of ph up/down on its way but after testing my medium (7.5+) I figured I should get a few cheap quick fixes until it arrives. Feedback welcome, I know some of these have mixed reviews.

I'll be trying a new combo of

1 liter of high pH well water.

3.5-4ml Step 1/2 Canna Coco

1-2 tea spoons of dextrose (Now that they're in pre-flowering mode I figured it might help, though does nothing for pH)

1ml of White Distilled Vinegar (5% acidity).

1 table spoon of Epson Salt (A natural additive for magnesium and sulfur)

As for the four plants they're all developing their pre-flowers now and pistils. The hawaiian and remaining purple thai probably are the #1/#2 of the bunch. Now that I know they're all female I figured I'd flip the 12/12 switch once they've healed up a bit..

I also got some powdered rooting hormone to take clones with once they've grown a bit more from the 12/12 stretch :smile:.

Will up load pics today!

I usually purn off the dead parts so the plant conserves energy but I wanted to keep it on to show you guys what I been dealing with.

Again right now I have a very alkaline medium now/well water and am only just now treating it. Some plants fared better then others. I think what happened is I bumped up the nutes way to high (After trying to adjust to their new growth) and burned them, but also the long term effects of alkaline exposure was taking its toll, lastly I read in my book that magnesium symptoms in plants might not show for up to a month! So it's quite even possible a part of it is due to a magnesium deficiency..which, if so, will be taken care of by the Epson salt (magnesium sulfate). 

Edited by Blackd0ve420 (11/13/13 03:03 PM)

OfflineBlackd0ve420
 User Gallery

#699451 - 12/16/13 05:19 PM (10 years, 3 months ago)

12/16/13

So it's been about a month since my last update. I had been struggling with finding a balance in my nutrients and had some toxicity going on. Also two of my plants turned out to be males so I had to kill them. My hawaiian is the last man...woman..standing at this point! Flowering strong nearing its 11th week (almost 3rd week of flowering). It's looking healthy and shooting out some strong branches. The FIM technique I used during its sick period seems to have paid off and it has produced some healthy leaves in its place. Sadly the fried plant you see in the other pot didn't fare we well and I will likely be cutting her down soon. Might experiment with boiling the roots and such to see if a I can make an herbal tea.

I have some noobies now as you see :smile:. I am experimenting with some soil, as you see this one mid plant is doing very well in it and I JUST transplanted it today, I also have 2 more "Purple thais" in soil and the rest in coco coir. As you can see there are some strange mutations as well as some nutrient issues with a couple. This time though I feel more confident in how to handle it.

Equipment update: I've added a REAL ph kit to my arsenal now, as well as overgrow's sea weed extract which seems to be working well.

OfflineDoc
stoner
 User Gallery

Loc: New Caledonia
    #701044 - 12/21/13 01:53 PM (10 years, 3 months ago)

Im worried about your nutes because I'm pretty sure vinegar isn't generally good for plants because it binds the nutes somehow. You might try using lemon or lime juice instead for a while until you can get pH down. Also, adding 1 TBSP MgSO4 per LITER of H20 will probably be pushing your EC levels WAY too high.

Also you said you're using well water which tends to have sufficient levels of magnesium.

--------------------
No one is free when others are oppressed

OfflineBlackd0ve420
 User Gallery

Re: Tired of dealing with people..growing my own medicine. [Re: Doc]
    #701258 - 12/21/13 09:40 PM (10 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Doc said:
Im worried about your nutes because I'm pretty sure vinegar isn't generally good for plants because it binds the nutes somehow. You might try using lemon or lime juice instead for a while until you can get pH down. Also, adding 1 TBSP MgSO4 per LITER of H20 will probably be pushing your EC levels WAY too high.

Also you said you're using well water which tends to have sufficient levels of magnesium.

I actually have a pH kit now and haven't used vinegar in a while. All phosphoric acid from here :smile:. Thanks for the tip I didn't know that about well water, I'll lay off the epsom sults probably then. 5 More days until week 4 of flowering it probably doesn't need it anyways.

Thanks for the post/support! I need to transplant a couple of my other plants into bigger containers, the roots are starting to pop out underneath.

Offlinebudgrowerwannabe
Bum fighter
Male User Gallery

#701620 - 12/23/13 03:54 AM (10 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Blackd0ve420 said:
Quote:

Doc said:

I actually have a pH kit now and haven't used vinegar in a while. All phosphoric acid from here :smile:. Thanks for the tip I didn't know that about well water, I'll lay off the epsom sults probably then. 5 More days until week 4 of flowering it probably doesn't need it anyways.

Thanks for the post/support! I need to transplant a couple of my other plants into bigger containers, the roots are starting to pop out underneath.

Sup man I didn't even know you were still on here!

So hows the grow comin dude?

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore Boomr Bag   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom